PDA

View Full Version : WEP via 100% Throttle

IvanK
04-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Anyone actually got this working ?

Trying to set up a CH throttle so that 80% Physical movement = 100% in game, and 100% physical movement = 110% (i.e. WEP) in game.

I see a binding for it in the axes tab but I am assuming that is for a separate axis to the one being used by the throttle already ?

Dano
04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Would be nice if we could have a 'set now' button that lets us tell the game that the current position of the throttle is to be 100% too, that way it'd be nice and easy to get 100% at a detent with WEP (if we can get it on the same axis) beyond the detent.

beazil
04-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Great question - one I'm looking for a n answer to. Anyone in the know please provide your input. Thank you.

scissorss
04-13-2011, 06:26 AM
I wonder if you could assign the "button" in the detent of a single lever to enable WEP? Of course then your throttle would be inverted :/

naz
04-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Anyone actually got this working ?

Trying to set up a CH throttle so that 80% Physical movement = 100% in game, and 100% physical movement = 110% (i.e. WEP) in game.

I see a binding for it in the axes tab but I am assuming that is for a separate axis to the one being used by the throttle already ?

Yes it can be done. I have my Saitek x52 set up in that manner. Move the slider "100% position" to whatever percentage you want. I have mine set to 75% I think it says 0.75 on the slider). You can then test it by moving the throttle backwards and forwards and the green bars to the right of the screen will show you at what % of power each throttle position is.

I think the green bars will only work for your new setting after you have clicked "apply" however. So you might have to click apply (which takes you back to the main menu I think), and then go back into the controls page to test it.

From memory, the green bar goes up to 110 so you can see that WEP is intended to be part of the setting....it all works for me in game as intended with my spitfire.

JG53Frankyboy
04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
i have my X52 set to ~76% input is 100% output for the game-
So, when i reach the "afterburner" barrier of this Saitke Throttle, i have 100%

in british planes i than hit a button for "boost cut out", and than i can push the throttle further too 110%

in german planes (Ju88,87, Bf109) i hit another button to enable thier WEP. I dont push my throttle through the 100% gate, no need to do so.
And actually i doubt it would work in the game..... for german planes.

Its like you can use the bombbay toggle command for the He111, but not for the Ju88. In the Ju88 you need the two commands "open..." and "close Bombdoor" :(

naz
04-13-2011, 12:32 PM
in british planes i than hit a button for "boost cut out", and than i can push the throttle further too 110%

Yep, I forgot to mention the boost cut out button part. Sorry about that.