PDA

View Full Version : Joystick/Throttle/Pedals not recognized

emtguf
04-07-2011, 04:41 AM
I have seen this several times pop up in the forum, and I am on of the victims of this as well.
I am using Warthog Hotas and Saitek pedals. The game will not pick up their axis or their buttons when I try to assign.
Window pops up and nothing. I can assign keyboard commands when the boxes pop up but nothing from any of the controllers.

Win 7 64bit
Controllers work in every other flight sim I use a-10, black shark, fsx...
I have also tried opening the windows control panel joystick setup when I go to assign axis in the game. In the control panel axis is moving correctly, The game however will not pick it up.

I know the devs are busy but I wish they woudl comment on some of the issues that are around right now.
Not very happy that I bought this and all I have been able to do so far is stare at the control setup screen for several days.

tintifaxl
04-07-2011, 05:04 AM
This is indeed strange. I've the same setup and mine works fine without any problems. Do you use a TARGET script? I do.

Flanker35M
04-07-2011, 05:07 AM
S!

TM Warthog working fine here. Started CoD and went to controls setup. There chose Axes and just in case assigned them again. Same with keys. Delete duplicates or similar. I do not us TARGET.

emtguf
04-07-2011, 05:16 AM
I do not use target. Considering how many people are having the exact same problem but with different controllers I am thinking it is somthing inth way the game sees the controllers.

KeBrAnTo
04-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I have seen this several times pop up in the forum, and I am on of the victims of this as well.
I am using Warthog Hotas and Saitek pedals. The game will not pick up their axis or their buttons when I try to assign.
Window pops up and nothing. I can assign keyboard commands when the boxes pop up but nothing from any of the controllers.

Win 7 64bit
Controllers work in every other flight sim I use a-10, black shark, fsx...
I have also tried opening the windows control panel joystick setup when I go to assign axis in the game. In the control panel axis is moving correctly, The game however will not pick it up.

I know the devs are busy but I wish they woudl comment on some of the issues that are around right now.
Not very happy that I bought this and all I have been able to do so far is stare at the control setup screen for several days.

I had kind of the same problem here. I have Saitek X-52, Saitek Pc-Dash 2 and Saitek rudder pedals and none of them were recognized by the game.

I finally had to manually edit values for the joystick in "conf.ini" in order to make it work. :confused:

In my case X52 and Hotas control are "joystick1" in conf.ini, rudder pedals are "joystick2" and Saitek PC Dash-2 is "joystick". You just have to test different combinations till you hit the key. :grin:

You can also try to unplug the pedals, run the game and see if the game recognizes the warthog. If so, configure the axis and the keys, then close the game, plug the pedals back, and run the game again to see if it does recognize both devices now.

I hope it helps. :)

Raggz
04-07-2011, 05:59 AM
I had the same problem. I made a IL2 COD profile and just added a few of the weapon commands. Started the script and ran it combined. Added the axes in the game. Exited game and stopped TARGET from running combined. Restarted the game and stick/pedals/throttle was recognized. The game recognized the correct axes without me entering them.

unknownraver
04-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I am using the same sitck and pedals and no problem with the game detecting the hardware.

Blue Scorpion
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
You guys do realise there is a separate pane to assign axis to flight controls right? At the top of the screen click on the word axis and assign them there, the first set of windows is for button/keyboard input.

emtguf
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
You guys do realise there is a separate pane to assign axis to flight controls right? At the top of the screen click on the word axis and assign them there, the first set of windows is for button/keyboard input.

Yes.... everyone who can read knows this, since the window says axis.

emtguf
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I had the same problem. I made a IL2 COD profile and just added a few of the weapon commands. Started the script and ran it combined. Added the axes in the game. Exited game and stopped TARGET from running combined. Restarted the game and stick/pedals/throttle was recognized. The game recognized the correct axes without me entering them.

So you made a target profile with a few buttons assigned. Once you ran it the game recognized the Axis?

123-Wulf-123
04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I have spent a week trying to get my CH controllers recognised.

Now.... you guys do know that in Win 7 64 bit there are TWO folders with the cofusers.ini files in them?

One in the C:/programmes|(x86)Steam/Steamapp/Il2 path....

and One in the Documents/1Csoftclub path...........

What I did was copy the cofusers.ini that was in my documents folder and pasted it into the game folder in the Steam path.

Voila! I had axes and from there I could then programme the buttons.....

The strange thing is I still cant get the game controls section to actually allow me to assign the axis using the change boxes that are supposed to register whichever axis you move, that still wont work :(

I think it might be a game bug with Win 7 64 bit........

KeBrAnTo
04-08-2011, 05:25 AM
The strange thing is I still cant get the game controls section to actually allow me to assign the axis using the change boxes that are supposed to register whichever axis you move, that still wont work :(

I think it might be a game bug with Win 7 64 bit........

Your joystick/pedals/whatever are not being recognized by the game in that case.

Disable Steam Cloud and do some of the thigs proposed on earlier posts. (if you want them working)

Once you disable Steam Cloud, "conf.ini" file that you will have to edit is the one inside "Your Documents" folder not the one into "Steam" folder/path to the game.

123-Wulf-123
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, I know that, because I have spent the past week trying to get the game to recognise my axes....:confused:

I can assure you I know EXACTLY how to do that and which .ini file to use, the problem is that the game doesn't. :-x

Using Win 7 64 bit here, and I'm certain its a bug.

emtguf
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Mine still arent recognized following EVERYTHING I have seen in the forums.

123-Wulf-123
04-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Post in the BUGS thread, I just did ;)

FS~Noonan
04-09-2011, 03:18 AM
I have the same problem, and agree with Wulf...it seems to be a 64-bit Windows issue. That is the only common denominator among everyone with the problem who has posted their specs. I will also post this in the bugs section.

Mine:
Saitek Aviator
Saitek Throttle Quadrent
CH Rudder Pedals
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Asus P5KC
Intel Q6600
8 GB DDR2
Palit GTX 460

scrope
04-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I have the same problem, and agree with Wulf...it seems to be a 64-bit Windows issue. That is the only common denominator among everyone with the problem who has posted their specs. I will also post this in the bugs section.

Mine:
Saitek Aviator
Saitek Throttle Quadrent
CH Rudder Pedals
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Asus P5KC
Intel Q6600
8 GB DDR2
Palit GTX 460

I've had the same problems but got over the axis issue by deleting the default j/stick settings, all fine, did nothing to the con.ini at all, BUT, none of the buttons are working on j/s, also cannot close canopy on spit on k/board.
i am still on XP sp3 Dx9, so it seems it's right across the board of users
irrespective of whatever system we are using. Back to the drawing board.

Herr Hoffman
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Not sure if this is the issue or not but might be something to check. In IL2:1946 there was a limit of 4 joystick devices that the game would recognize. If you had more than that it would only recognize the first 4. The work around is to force the devices you want to use into the first 4. The reason I know this is I have 5 devices; stick, throttle, 2 mfds, and pedals. I had to give up one in the game. Like I said I don't know if COD has this limitation since I don't have it yet but it may be worth checking it out.

123-Wulf-123
04-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Nope, you can use as many USB devices as you want in Il-2, and likewise in CoD. ;)

emtguf
04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I only have 3 devices anyway. Joystick, Throttle, and pedals.
I do have a collective I built for Blackshark, but it remains unplugged if I am not flying as the cord gets in the way.

This is definitely an issue within this game that the devs are going to have to straighten out. I hope they have it fixed before the American release or they are going to have a lot more people pissed.

horrido
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
i have a Microsoft sidewinder (that works fine in il2 1986, wings of prey and rise
and don't recognize in il2 cliffs of Dover, only buttons.

this is my conf.ini
[rts]
tickLen=30
;ProcessAffinityMask=2
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1
:confused:

brando
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Nope, you can use as many USB devices as you want in Il-2, and likewise in CoD. ;)

I can't even get three USB devices to work, viz. my CH HOTAS. I have managed to enable the X, Y and Z axes on the Fighterstick (Elevator, Aileron and Throttle) but I am unable to get my rudder pedals recognised, nor the further three axes which I use for trims, based on a third CH PCB.

123-Wulf-123
04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm in the same boat I can get axes INGAME depending on what .ini I load, but trying to use CH mapped mode, or trying to assign the axes using the controls section, clicking on axes etc, SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK, I believe it to be a Win7 64 bit/COD problem, rather than my controllers which all work perfectly in 46.

Vyper
04-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm in the same boat I can get axes INGAME depending on what .ini I load, but trying to use CH mapped mode, or trying to assign the axes using the controls section, clicking on axes etc, SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK, I believe it to be a Win7 64 bit/COD problem, rather than my controllers which all work perfectly in 46.

Squad mate has this issue on Vista 64 bit. His x65 just isn't recognized. His spare cheap joystick (I can't remember which one) also was recognized. He can't play the game at all. The game just doesn't see his joystick(s), while in all his other games they work just fine.

Reading back through this thread, it seems more random than even a 64 bit issue.

kingpinda
04-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Weird... I'm running win7 64 bit but have no problems whatsoever. I have G940 logitech and saitek throttle quadrant however. G940 is running 64bit profiler program to use with the 64bit version of A-10C. Don't think using 32bit profilers should be a problem though with COD...

123-Wulf-123
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm hopeful it will turn out to be some simple conflict or application mis-match, maybe at some stage the Dev team will take a quick look at it :)

CharveL
04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I have CH throttle and pedals with MSFFB2 and the first time I ran cod the axes section found the microstick on my throttle. Since then and many remaps, it's never able to see it. At times it won't recognize "shift" buttons (rather seen as cumulative button presses) but this seems ok once you reload your saved profile.

Something I would check is unplugging all USB devices and plugging in your joystick first, starting cod and seeing if it catches. If so, save unique profile then add pedals, then throttle, etc. It may have somethin to do with how Win7 enumerates USB controllers and how cod accesses it. Dunno but worth a shot.

Also consider plugging your co tillers directly to a mobo USB and NOT an unpowered USB hub.

emtguf
04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Have done all that and still no go.

something in the software is amiss.

Devs have kept a tight lip on it though and haven't even seen it mentioned by them at all.
Hopefully there is a fix soon.

CharveL
04-12-2011, 04:51 AM
My CH throttle decided to go AWOL tonight so I opened Control Manager Software and hit rescan then alt-tab back to the game.

Crappy solution to have to do every time but it worked.

Wolf_Rider
04-12-2011, 04:56 AM
there are two or three tabs at the top of the controls page - one of them says AXIES

took my CH gear out and put my TMWH in with no recognition problems with either

123-Wulf-123
04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Dont you think that after TWO WEEKS people would sort of know about the AXES?:rolleyes:

Do you really think people are that dumb that they cant follow simple instructions on how to enable their axes??:rolleyes:

We KNOW how to, THERE IS A PROBLEM and its not because people cant read the AXES :rolleyes:

There have been many, many posts about the PROBLEM.

There has been NO help whatsoever other than constantly referring seasoned,veteran simmers who have been playing flight sims for many, many years, to check the AXES tab. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you really think if it was that simple that there would be dozens of people on many forums all reporting the same PROBLEM?

The problem I think is caused by some sort of conflict between the game and the hardware/software/Applications (and the versions thereof), that people are running.

USB drivers, motherboard drivers etc, combined with the OS, I think will be the culprit.

Meantime I am enjoying the game anyway using a workaround.... (Il2 46 control map loaded on my CH manager).

CharveL
04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I've gotta say the one positive part is that CoD recognizes multiple key presses so (barring controller enumeration issues of course) you can get more key combos out of the CH throttle than just one mapped shift button.

The other bonus is you don't have to map them to keyboard commands which I had to do through the CM software with IL2.

I really hope they get on top of this though. I'd like to be able to use the microstick as a manual pump for undercarriage and some of the new CEM features.

steeldelete
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah me too. Cant use my CH Pedals nor the CH Throttle Quadrant only CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Throttle work. I hope my Multy Function Panel works for I bought it only for COD. Not in the mood to try anything. I guess I have to wait.

kingpinda
04-13-2011, 04:21 PM
yeah well... lol other than saying check axis and have you set admin in properties of steam, COD, trackIR, joystick profiler etc i don't know what to say :)

but you must know that some people DO have issues because of this... so to copy some IT fellas by saying: Have you tried turning it off and on again? and, Are you definately sure its plugged in?

After the basic stuff has all been eliminated then we can look if it goes deeper in the code. and then well.. its up to the devs :p

emtguf
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
The main purpose of this thread is to get some dev attention. However since they seem to have tight lips and have not mentioned anything about control issues no one is sure if they even have paid attention to this issue.

_79_dev
04-13-2011, 11:34 PM
~S~

Maybe that will be usefull for some of Yous

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21281

Apart from that I believe that all of us are doing stupid mistakes constantly, it's a humans thing...the best example for me is : my self...I would blame developers last for "bugs" like that...of course CoD code is not finished yet so keep trying and we all end up in... next IL2...anybody has an idea for title?

123-Wulf-123
04-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Yup I'm pretty sure its something I am doing that's causing this, or some sort of software/hardware conflict together with Win 7 64 which I am totally unfamiliar with.

But it's certainly not me doing something wrong in game ;)

Bibi
04-14-2011, 10:14 AM
CoD today new installed (Admin).
Hotas Cougar; Saitek Pedals und PC Dash 2 are not working in COD!!!!!

brando
04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
79_dev's method worked for me. Don't worry about uninstalling the CH Control Manager, it's the game that you need to uninstall from the Steam library.

Then run both the CHCM and Steam as Administrator and reinstall the game. After doing that I was able to get all my hardware recognised.

Bibi
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Maybe I should recite 20 ave maria?

Sadly the fact that one gets no help of 1C.

Will wait for the next patch and if he does not help COD send back to my trader.

I have absolutely none lust more constantly some Configs etc. to change.

MOH_Hirth
04-16-2011, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=horrido;258476]i have a Microsoft sidewinder (that works fine in il2 1986, wings of prey and rise
and don't recognize in il2 cliffs of Dover, only buttons.

I was with this problem too, just need click to open a box, save as... load the profile.

Dano
04-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Just built my new system and my controllers are no longer seen by CoD either, they worked perfectly on the old system which was running all the same software.

Bibi
04-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Hirth,
I was with this problem too, just need click to open a box, save as... load the profile.

However, exactly this does not function with some just;)
Best Regards. Bibi

123-Wulf-123
04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
BiBi......do you have a Saitek type gaming keyboard? If youy do it may be whats causing the problem.

See Dano's post in the controls section.

All my controllers are now seen by CoD :)

Kankkis
04-18-2011, 06:47 AM
BiBi......do you have a Saitek type gaming keyboard? If youy do it may be whats causing the problem.

See Dano's post in the controls section.

All my controllers are now seen by CoD :)

and there

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3272392/Axis_or_controller_not_recogni.html#Post3272392

NATotal
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
COD is not recognizing the axis response on any of my controllers either.

@ Kankkis I have a Saitek keyboard, but do not see the item to disable that Danos referenced. Take at look at the pic and see if you can tell which one to disable.

My setup:

Win 7 64 Bit
CH Pro Flightsick
CH Pro Throttle
CH Pro Pedals

Running everything as admin

Any help would be appreciated as I can run the sim, but not able to use my sticks sucks lol!

David198502
10-15-2011, 11:19 PM
ch fighterstick here and win7 64bit...never had problems with the stick,...but would like to use the mousewheel as an axis.

NATotal
10-17-2011, 03:26 AM
~S~

Maybe that will be usefull for some of Yous

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21281

Tried the suggestion in that thread too. Unsitalled, deleted the folders, reinstalled running every program associated with it as admin....

Nadda.

Was hoping someone might have seen something in my device manager pic a couple of posts up that would help :(

Icewolf
10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
first time install
Joystick will not work

MSFF2
windows 7 pro 32 bit if i knew how to change it to 64 bit i would but for now is there a fix ?

thanks

EvilJoven
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
The problems some of you are experiencing may be due to the way that the IL-2 games (as well as Rise of Flight) assign ID's to devices. Please take a look at my post. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27113

NATotal
10-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Decided to replace my first generation Saitek Eclipse Keyboard. Repalced it with a Logitech G150. Everything works now.

The JoystickID proggy is a handy little tool. Didn't fix my problem, but a danged nice tool to have onhand! Thanks for pointing me to it.

dnr
10-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Gents, to save some frustrations I offer the following advice. After the 14821 and 15950 patches, CoD play was normal so long as I activated through Steam within 24 hrs each day. After leaving CoD for a few days and coming back to restart, XPro Joystick, throttle, rudder peddles and Cyborg keyboard lost functionality. This past week had no throttle, I key would not start engine, O key would not open canopy yet I had M key, lean forward, aileron, elevator, rudder and flap controls working. Tried rebooting numerous times, downloaded new drivers for AMD 6870 Cross-fire GPUs and trying to re-set keys/axis settings. Only when I unplugged all controllers, added the original keyboard and restarted the system then CoD did I regain functionality. I shut the system down, hooked up all my Saitek controllers, restarted the system and opened CoD via Steam and then CoD finally recognize all the controller settings. All is fine now after a week of frustration.

My system: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2063LQ Phenom II x6 1090T Dual AMD Radeon HD 6870 GPUs using Cross-fire and Win 7 64 bit OS. Controllers are Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek Rudders and Saitek Cyborg keyboard and headset. System works great, fast, crystal clear on a 60 inch Sharp Quattron.

Thanks for the patch, new sounds are awesome. First time I fired up the Spit engine and opened her up on takeoff and later when I cracked the canopy on a landing approach I was very impressed with the sound quality. Gun sounds still need work. Just take that new sound and multiply by eight. Been in the Army for 30 plus years and I know the sound of multiple machine guns versus one gun firing. Great work look forward to the next installment.

nmaggie
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Hello All:

I'm a newbie to Cliffs of Dover. I recently purchased Cliffs of Dover from Steam.

It appears that input from my joystick and pedals (Saitek X52 and Pro Flite pedals) are not completely recognized.

I try to set the controls directly through the game settings, no profiles or Saitek software.

I disconnected my rudder pedals to see if it would recognize the joystick only, but no effect.

I notice in the Options/Controls menu Axes settings it does indicate “Joystick 2 + X” and “Joystick2 + Y” for the ailerons and elevator and “Joystick 1 + Z” for the rudder pedals.

When I attempt to fly a mission, the X52 throttle appears to be responsive but the joystick (ailerons and elevator) and rudder pedals are unresponsive. In the Controls menu Axes settings the throttle appears only as “Joystick + Z.”

My joystick and rudder pedals function normally in my other games.

Some of my system specs, if these are helpful:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.120504-1617)

Memory: 3326MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Mouse
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Saitek X52 Flight Control System
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0255

Device Name: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
Controller ID: 0x1
Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0763

Device Name: Dell USB Keyboard Hub
Vendor/Product ID: 0x413C, 0x2006

Poll w/ Interrupt: No
Registry: OK

USB Human Interface Device
| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0255
| | Location: Saitek X52 Flight Control System
| | Matching Device ID: usb\class_03
| | Service: HidUsb
| | OEMData: 03 00 88 11 22 00 00 00
| | Driver: hidusb.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:28, 10368 bytes
| | Driver: hidclass.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:28, 36864 bytes
| | Driver: hidparse.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:24, 24960 bytes
| | Driver: hid.dll, 4/14/2008 05:00:00, 20992 bytes
| |
| +-+ HID-compliant game controller
| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0255
| | | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_game
| | | OEMData: 03 00 88 11 22 00 00 00
| |
+-+ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (USB)
| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0763
| | Location: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
| | Matching Device ID: usb\vid_06a3&pid_0763
| | Service: HidUsb
| | OEMData: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
| | Driver: hidusb.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:28, 10368 bytes
| | Driver: hidclass.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:28, 36864 bytes
| | Driver: hidparse.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:24, 24960 bytes
| | Driver: hid.dll, 4/14/2008 05:00:00, 20992 bytes
| |
| +-+ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (HID)
| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0763
| | | Matching Device ID: hid\vid_06a3&pid_0763
| | | Service: SaiH0763
| | | OEMData: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
| | | Driver: SaiH0763.sys, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 179968 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763.Dll, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 897024 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763_07.dll, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 7680 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763_09.dll, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 6656 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763_0A.dll, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 7680 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763_0C.dll, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 7680 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763_10.dll, 6/8/2006 02:37:53, 7680 bytes
| | | Driver: SaiC0763_11.dll, 7/12/2007 19:22:40, 5632 bytes