PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO Joystick

h2o
04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi all, i have got problem with my Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO Joystick. When i flight, all buttons on it works but i cant turn left or right, go up and down... This Joystick worked with previous IL 2. Help me guys. :)

deadmeat313
04-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I've got the same joystick and had some trouble until I figured it out. You need to re-set the control axes, as it seems to start with them pre-set to a variant joystick.

Go to the Axes tab in your controls menu. The elevators and ailerons will be assigned things like "Joystick 1 + X Axis" or somesuch. Re-map them - ie double click the elevators line and clear it. Then move your joystick up/down a bit. It should now show it as "Joystick + Y Axis".

Same for ailerons : It should change "Joystick 1 + X Axis" to "Joystick + X Axis".

I use twist for rudder, which it noted as "Joystick + RZ Axis".

See if that does it.

T.

Conte Zero
07-05-2011, 12:02 PM
same here, I just opened a similar thread (sorry) I did remap all axis but it didn't work.......

Avimimus
11-16-2011, 10:25 PM
What I did was save a copy of my controller layout. I then opened the *.ini file. I conducted a find and replace for "joystick1" and "joystick2" (separately!) and replaced both with "joystick".
I just then reloaded the ini file.

This got all of the axis working fairly quickly (although I had to manually set up the throttle slider as the U axis).

The problem I have is that only a small range of the joystick's motion is actually used by the sim. I can't seem to find a way to reset the axis ranges on the axes themselves (only on the throttle slider) *edit* lol I hadn't calibrated the stick!