PDA

View Full Version : hurricane fuel cock used to work fine. Now its broken.

kingpinda
04-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi there,

haven't played last 2 days but before the fuelcock#1 in the hurricane worked perfectly fine. I just mouse clicked it.

Now me and a few others are experiencing that its broken. you can't click it, you can't even bind keys or axes to it. I tried them all... its not recognized in game. all other clickable instruments are behaving correctly. just the fuel cock though.. which is quite crucial if you want to start the plane.

Please any help insights muchly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------
solution: I narrowed it down. The problem is if you disable: limited fuel, the fuel cock won't be responsive to either mouse clicks or binds. The problem with the hurricane however is that if you disable this ie. HAVE UNLIMITED FUEL lol... on startup the fuel cock is in the off position. hence no way to take off because no fuel is flowing.

So with hurricane fly with LIMITED fuel enabled :p

klem
04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Mines still ok but I wonder if Steam has perhaps slipped in an update? I don't really think so but originally mine would only work if I clicked on the Red part, not the main part of the lever but now it works on most of the lever except the very tip of the Red. I wonder if I changed something?

Just a long shot, have you tried clicking off it but around it? Also if you are using TrackIR look at it and disable TIR so that it remains absolutely steady while you experiment.

effte
04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
"Worked fine" is probably a misnomer, unless your experience differed from mine.

I found I couldn't go from reserve to main without passing off, in which case the engine would instantly cut out. First off, the modelling is incorrect - there's fuel enough between the cock and the cylinders to keep the engine running for the half-second it took to pass the off position. Secondly, you should be able to go to main from reserve without passing off at all, as this is part of the normal procedure when taking off with less than a certain level of fuel in the main tanks - half full, IIRC.

Cheers,
Fred

klem
04-05-2011, 11:56 AM
"Worked fine" is probably a misnomer, unless your experience differed from mine.

I found I couldn't go from reserve to main without passing off, in which case the engine would instantly cut out. First off, the modelling is incorrect - there's fuel enough between the cock and the cylinders to keep the engine running for the half-second it took to pass the off position. Secondly, you should be able to go to main from reserve without passing off at all, as this is part of the normal procedure when taking off with less than a certain level of fuel in the main tanks - half full, IIRC.

Cheers,
Fred

Ooops, I hadn't tried reserve. Does that on mine too. I'll put it in the bug reports thread.

kingpinda
04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Mines still ok but I wonder if Steam has perhaps slipped in an update? I don't really think so but originally mine would only work if I clicked on the Red part, not the main part of the lever but now it works on most of the lever except the very tip of the Red. I wonder if I changed something?

Just a long shot, have you tried clicking off it but around it? Also if you are using TrackIR look at it and disable TIR so that it remains absolutely steady while you experiment.

I'll try that Klem. But it wouldnt be such a problem were it not that all keys i bind to it don't work either! :p I also tried the axes. but no go. But.. i'll try klicking around it with trackir disabled.

edit: checked in game and nothing will budge the fuelcock. I believe there has been a patch gone through since i notice now that the throttle brings back the mixture like its supposed to. Without ghosting through the lever that is. ah well.. i'll wait for a patch. Because i would like to play the campaign first. which is now impossible.

Tymi
04-05-2011, 12:50 PM
It seems that the fuel cock stops working when you enable the Engine Temperature Effects. I can start the hurricane just fine with ETE turned off but it simply wont start when it's enabled.

kingpinda
04-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks tymi I'm going to borrow your quote for in the bugreport thread. that should narrow things down. At least if the devs are reading it :p

Moggy
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
As a quick suggestion off the top of my head, do you guys still have anthropomorphic control turned on, if so I'd try turning it off?

kingpinda
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I have it off since i read about some other bugs raising their heads when its on. been off since day 2. but thanks for the tip. I'll try tonight disabling realistic temp as posted above. That way I can still play the campaign :)

Moggy
04-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Anything is worth a try I suppose, I do have CEM and engine temperature effects switched on, with anthropomorphic switched off...the fuel cock switch is working fine for me. This is a real head scratcher.

effte
04-05-2011, 01:39 PM
It seems that the fuel cock stops working when you enable the Engine Temperature Effects. I can start the hurricane just fine with ETE turned off but it simply wont start when it's enabled.

Negative on that one. I've never had temperature effects off, and I have been switching tanks.

Tymi
04-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Negative on that one. I've never had temperature effects off, and I have been switching tanks.

Interesting indeed, i can start the hurricane only with the temp effects off. I have tried pretty much every trick in the book and that's the only way for me to get the engine running :confused:. Bf-109 starts fine with the temp effects on! Though i had to disable the anthropomorphic thingie, it was preventing me from, well, doing pretty much anything

LcSummers
04-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Interesting here too?????

After seeing the videos i tried to fire up the engines on a blenhem. Fuel cock is not working for me.

This i had with the 109 too.

kingpinda
04-06-2011, 01:45 PM
check first post for solution. disable "limited fuel" is the culprit. enable "limited fuel" when flying the hurricane untill the devs get to this.

Tymi
04-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah.. apparently my problems weren't related to the fuel cock switch.. For some reason it's really difficult to start the hurricane, i have to gently increase the throttle while "pumping" the i key to start the engine.

EDIT: No "pumping" necessary: I just have to keep the throttle around 20% at first and then slowly increase it. I feel like major noob now :D

klem
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah.. apparently my problems weren't related to the fuel cock switch.. For some reason it's really difficult to start the hurricane, i have to gently increase the throttle while "pumping" the i key to start the engine.

EDIT: No "pumping" necessary: I just have to keep the throttle around 20% at first and then slowly increase it. I feel like major noob now :D

Remember that the mixture is reversed relative to the lever, I am having to open the throttle abot 10-15% and move the mixture up behind it.

I think it will make more sense once the Mixture direction is sorted out

kingpinda
04-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Remember that the mixture is reversed relative to the lever, I am having to open the throttle abot 10-15% and move the mixture up behind it.

I think it will make more sense once the Mixture direction is sorted out

I have/had no problem starting the hurricane with mix rich ie. full backwards. If this is correct I don't know. but it starts.

The spitfire mystified me however seemingly mix rich seems to be full forward. If this is correct I don't know either. but full backwards in spitfire seems to be lean.

klem
04-10-2011, 07:20 AM
I have/had no problem starting the hurricane with mix rich ie. full backwards. If this is correct I don't know. but it starts.

The spitfire mystified me however seemingly mix rich seems to be full forward. If this is correct I don't know either. but full backwards in spitfire seems to be lean.

Well I'll admit to some confusion but if you Alt+Right Click on the screen and open an info Window, Alt+Left Click on the blue header to select the window then Alt+Right click in that window and move Engine Info across to the middle pane you can see that the Hurricane lever in the rear 'Rich' position is giving 0% Rich and in the forward 'Lean' position is giving 100% Rich. You get the same results whether you are using an Axis or Keys for your mixture control.

On the Rotol prop FT-N, when you close the throttle it pushes the mixture lever to the rearward opsition, i.e. Lean not Rich (remember its backwards) which is not what you want when starting theengine, you want Rich, and that's the one I have to move the throttle forward on so that I can move the mixture lever out of fully Lean to start the engine. Curiously the info window shows the mixture doesn't change until I give my axis a slight tweak when it goes to 0%.

Osprey
05-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I've had this problem too, intermittently. It is really annoying.

ramstein
12-26-2011, 06:56 AM
I am having this problem, and it's almost 2012! and i see these threads are almost a year old! what the h--ll is going on?

This is insane, other people I fly with tell me they don't have any problems with the sswitches in this sim/game.. (CLOD).

now what to do??

my post before I found this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28689

klem
12-26-2011, 08:56 AM
I am having this problem, and it's almost 2012! and i see these threads are almost a year old! what the h--ll is going on?

This is insane, other people I fly with tell me they don't have any problems with the sswitches in this sim/game.. (CLOD).

now what to do??

my post before I found this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28689

I can't help with the fuel cock not clicking especially as other switches work but my previous post about mixture is out of date. Its correct now in the Rotol Hurricane (rear=Rich forward=Lean) but its still reversed in the Spit which should be the same as the Hurricane.

I'm also a bit condused by the DH5-20 Hurricane (which I hardly ever fly) as the mixture lever has to be forward to get it started but has to be mostly to the rear in flight. Anyway, it seems to be inconsistent.

ramstein
12-27-2011, 03:47 AM
i moved most of my controls to ingame, instead of using the Saitek X52 Pro software. I still use a few commands through the saitek joystick, but the in game controls was the best decision... everything is much better now, not perfect, but much better...

ramstein
12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I was watching some training videos, and apparently the mouse wwheel feature is not used in CLOD, all knobs and wheels, you just click on them, and cannot use the mouse wheel to turn knobs, like in other flight sims that have controls that turn, knobs and trim wheels..
if that's the case, then my controls on my mouse are working as set by the game.... and not broken in some file setting..

(my mouse works fine I checked and double chacked.. it's gaming mouse made by Coolmaster..).

but, I am stil lhaving problems with clicking toggle swtiches, I am unable to flip the fuel cock toggles on/off. The other day they worked in such planes as hurri and soit,, but again, no longer work with the click of the mouse..

and my mouse is set so the right click is panning and clicking objects, the left click brings up the menu..

ramstein
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
also, since we that fly on servers, have no say in what they set to on and off, so all controls must work if the server is set to those controls being on... are these control swtich problems already listed and reported as bugs?

ramstein
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
the spitfire fuel cock is working agin, no explanation...

is the mouse in this sim reported as 'bugged' ?