PDA

View Full Version : 109E3 has no slats, that is right?

schnorchel
04-05-2011, 04:32 AM
??

IvanK
04-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Slats deploy Just fine on the E3 ... though its not quite as obvious as in IL2.

Slats are bugged however on the BF110

Sutts
04-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Do you actually see them extend or is it just something you can feel in the flight model?

Thanks

robtek
04-05-2011, 07:05 AM
One can actually see them.
What is missing is the loud bang when they deploy, as i've read often.

SG1_Gunkan
04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
I "feel" that they are not modeled. The BF109 have the same stall like no slats planes like FW190 or P51. The keys, to control them don't work either.

Sutts
04-05-2011, 08:45 AM

Thanks for confirming Robtek, that's good to hear.

Sutts
04-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I "feel" that they are not modeled. The BF109 have the same stall like no slats planes like FW190 or P51. The keys, to control them don't work either.

I thought they were simply spring loaded and extended automatically when the air pressure reduced at lower speeds. What controls are we talking about here?

IvanK
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Spot on Stutts

schnorchel
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
it does not deploy even the speed drops to 150km/h, unless you pull the stick harder in this speed. that is totally different than in il2.:confused:

JG53Frankyboy
04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
well, we dont play IL2'46 here, do we ?? ;)

zipper
04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I thought they were simply spring loaded and extended automatically when the air pressure reduced at lower speeds. What controls are we talking about here?

They aren't spring loaded to any position (no springs) but they do operate automatically and independently. On the ground (three point attitude) you can push them in and they will stay up or you can pull them down and they'll stay down, try it the next time you're in a museum displaying a 109 (and ready to leave). I've always thought it might have been a good idea to reduce the deployment angle of the slats and then run a small cable between them to make them deploy/retract together, but then they wouldn't have been operating as efficiently ...

Kurfürst
04-05-2011, 04:30 PM

No springs at all. Its just there on roller slide or, in case of before the late 109F, a swing arm. The slats are simply sucked out into their open position by the airstream pressure due to their aerodynamic form.

You can actually push them in or pull them out with a finger on the ground.

Flying Pencil
04-05-2011, 05:57 PM

That depends how hard the pilot yanks on the stick.

(played with slats on CAF 109)

Kwiatek
04-05-2011, 07:07 PM
it does not deploy even the speed drops to 150km/h, unless you pull the stick harder in this speed. that is totally different than in il2.:confused:

So it looks that even 109 slats in COD are screw.

1C really have much work to do in near all areas of these game :(

Blackdog_kt
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM

The slats keys are for the Tiger Moth which had manually adjustable ones ;)

From what i've seen when flying the 109 the slats deploy all right, just not as much forward as in IL2.
I don't know if this has any effect on the actual FM or if it's just a graphical glitch and we get the full benefit of having them.

In any case, i wouldn't draw any conclusions yet just because they seem a bit "stiff".

Sutts
04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
They aren't spring loaded to any position (no springs) but they do operate automatically and independently. On the ground (three point attitude) you can push them in and they will stay up or you can pull them down and they'll stay down, try it the next time you're in a museum displaying a 109 (and ready to leave). I've always thought it might have been a good idea to reduce the deployment angle of the slats and then run a small cable between them to make them deploy/retract together, but then they wouldn't have been operating as efficiently ...

No springs at all. Its just there on roller slide or, in case of before the late 109F, a swing arm. The slats are simply sucked out into their open position by the airstream pressure due to their aerodynamic form.

You can actually push them in or pull them out with a finger on the ground.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for enlightening me guys.

SG1_Gunkan
04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
The slats keys are for the Tiger Moth which had manually adjustable ones ;)

I think BF109 can deploy manually the slats. Anyway it's clear that they are not modeled in the flight model.

robtek
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
I think BF109 can deploy manually the slats. Anyway it's clear that they are not modeled in the flight model.

And how did you get that idea???
The slats are there!
They deploy automatically!
I can't test it in the FM as there is no option to have them not engaging in the right situation. ;-D

Widow17
04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
my slats seem to work fine :)

SG1_Gunkan
04-07-2011, 07:35 AM
And how did you get that idea???
The slats are there!
They deploy automatically!
I can't test it in the FM as there is no option to have them not engaging in the right situation. ;-D

Yes, they are there, but there is no feedback in the Flight Model. The sltas were a really smart way to improve the low speed or near stall handling capacities of a plane. Even in the historical books they talk very good things about them. The BF109E3 response in CoD is like a plane without slats. Like FW190 or P51 in IL2.

Matt255
04-07-2011, 07:52 AM
The 109 does seem just as spin-heavy as the Spit or Hurricane in CloD, which does a bit weird indeed.

SYN_Flashman
04-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I think the slats controls that some people are referring too are for the Tiger Moth. That has manually adjustable slats, whereas the Bf109s are automatic AFAIK... not sure about the bf110 but i would imagine they are automatic as well.

As for the actual flight models I wouldn't know TBH, havent flown them enough yet.

robtek
04-07-2011, 04:45 PM
The 109 does seem just as spin-heavy as the Spit or Hurricane in CloD, which does a bit weird indeed.

That could be a indication that the slats are working as they should!
With the higher wing-load of the bf109 the plane should have more trouble with stalls.
Not more trouble -> slats are working, thats what i think.