PDA

View Full Version : Gunsight View in 109E

JG14_Jagr
04-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Would it be possible to get a "gunsight view" in which the head is centered behind the sight, but NOT zoomed in and field of view limited? Right now I use the zoom view but with trackIR you can only pan a small amount while in this particular view.. the onld game allowed something that worked well..

Right now it makes flying and fighting in the 109's significantly more difficult than the Spitfire or the Hurricane..

JG53Frankyboy
04-05-2011, 07:16 AM
you tried the good old "shit F1" already ?

scissorss
04-05-2011, 07:41 AM
The idea behind the "gunsight view" at least this time around, is you are tightening your straps, hence the action is now called "tighten straps" rather than "gunsight view" So the fixed FOV limit and the low DOF make perfect sense. In my opinion anyway. But I do find the strange zoom effect when switching between tight and loose to be rather annoying.

drewpee
04-05-2011, 09:53 AM
So was it imposable to use the gun sight without loosening straps? couldn't they tilt their heads or was the site to far over? Loosening straps seems a bit dangerous in a high G dogfight.

JG53Frankyboy
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
you still can get behind the sight without shift F1 .
with whatever you control the 6DoF headmovement in game.

pupo162
04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
in my opinion loosen shoulder straps doesnt meen leaning to the gunsight. i may require loosen straps to pan around the cockpit better, look outside, check my six better etc.... this option should be re implemented and totally seperated from a center gunsight feature.

janik_dk
04-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I find it VERY difficult aim at enemy fighthers using TrackIR.. - in fact it's almost impossible?

You guys are talking about a different view when aiming and using TrackIR? Shirt+F1 ?
What is the keyboard shortcut for loosen straps? ( = "gunsight view" ?)

Sorry if these are stupid questions - quite new to both trackIR and COD.

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Hello,

If you have played the IL2 "classical" you know that in German planes de gunsight is for the right eye. Thus "shift + F1" trackir or not to center the gunsight.

Rattlehead
04-05-2011, 03:51 PM
in my opinion loosen shoulder straps doesnt meen leaning to the gunsight. i may require loosen straps to pan around the cockpit better, look outside, check my six better etc.... this option should be re implemented and totally seperated from a center gunsight feature.

I agree.

I doubt the Germans aimed with their noses pressed up against the gunsight in a hard dogfight. I don't like the zoom feature of 'shift+F1'.

Wynthorpe
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I Just use F10 and then hold RMB and move mouse :D

Rattlehead
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
I Just use F10 and then hold RMB and move mouse :D

That does seem to work. Thank you.

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
guess its a stupid question but why didnt they build the planes with the gunsight right in the middle?

effte
04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
guess its a stupid question but why didnt they build the planes with the gunsight right in the middle?

The pilots were supposed to use their right eye for aiming, I think, just like most people fire rifles.

It's our virtual self being a cyclops which is messing things up for us again, making us have to fiddle with head positions. I think we'd be better off with at least the option to make our virtual 3D viewpoint that of the right eye of a RL pilot. We'd feel like we were sitting slightly offset in the cockpit, but the sight would work without worrying about head repositioning.

drewpee
04-06-2011, 12:22 PM
The 109 gun sight is very hard to use, I can't see it being as hard to use in real life. There's no way German pilots could have used such a clumsy aiming system with their boom and zoom tactics. It might look like its where it should be but just not this hard.

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
The pilots were supposed to use their right eye for aiming, I think, just like most people fire rifles.

It's our virtual self being a cyclops which is messing things up for us again, making us have to fiddle with head positions. I think we'd be better off with at least the option to make our virtual 3D viewpoint that of the right eye of a RL pilot. We'd feel like we were sitting slightly offset in the cockpit, but the sight would work without worrying about head repositioning.

interesting thanks for the explanation.you guys have so much knowledgeits a priveledge to be amongst you.

SG1_Gunkan
04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
109 gunsight need some work. Something like IL2 sturmovik. It's really hard to AIM!

fenrirswrath
04-11-2011, 01:24 AM
After hitting f10 and toggling independent mode and I hold down the RMB all it does is bring up an options menu? How do I center the gun sight with that? Any help would be appreciated.

robtek
04-11-2011, 07:21 AM
109 gunsight need some work. Something like IL2 sturmovik. It's really hard to AIM!

It WAS really hard to aim then!!!
Remember that this game tries to simulate, not to remove rl obstacles.
There is always the option to dumb it down with no headshakes, etc...

JG52Krupi
04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
I use track it and after a while have fourfold it quite easy to get the sights up in a dogfight without the use of shift+f1.

It's just a matter of practice makes perfection, everything is much harder than it was in il2:1946 :)

Rattlehead
04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
After hitting f10 and toggling independent mode and I hold down the RMB all it does is bring up an options menu? How do I center the gun sight with that? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know why you're getting a menu. That's wierd. What options menu is it, out of interest?

What I do is hit F10 and then click and hold the Right mouse button and just drag it to the right a bit until I can get the crosshairs in the gunsight, then release the rmb.
Unfortunately if you go out of the cockpit to maybe watch a flyby (F3 in this case) and then hit F1 again, you have to re-centre the crosshairs.

DoolittleRaider
05-18-2011, 02:42 AM
I don't have COD yet, so bear with me.

Question: Does COD not support TIR 6DOF? If it does, why can't a person in, say, a Bf109, just shift head to the right (x axis), lean slightly forward in Z axis, and if necessary sit up or scrunch down (Y axis) to 'look thru' the sight?

Redroach
05-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Yep, you can do that.

Vengeanze
05-18-2011, 06:16 AM
From manual:
Loosen Shoulder Straps..This.command.simulates.the.pilot.loosening .his. harness. and. leaning. towards. gunsight.. Repeated. commands. cycle. between. the.Gunsight.and.normal.camera.positions.

Varrattu
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
It WAS really hard to aim then!!!
Remember that this game tries to simulate, not to remove rl obstacles.
There is always the option to dumb it down with no headshakes, etc...

Yes!

Yesterday was Arcade ... ....

!!! Today is Simulation !!!

Ze-Jamz
05-18-2011, 11:07 AM
It can be hard to aim using this site but it was in RL.. they didnt have the luxury of everything being smooth and a press of a key given you instant stability when aiming..

with headshake off its alot easier but a prefer FR servers anyhow, it can be a challenge sometimes as the loosen shoulder strap action is okay but it only allows you to look around so far when in that position so sometimes you need to toggle from that that view to normal view..

my only gripe is that when you switch these views it takes a bit too long, i can imagine if i were in that position and i had to take my eye of the sight to look over my shoulder how quick i would actually want and be able to do..