PDA

View Full Version : wondering about controler logic (G.50/Hurricane)

JG53Frankyboy
04-04-2011, 11:11 PM
so far it was explained to me the Hurricane mixture controll works as follows:
the gamecontroller full forward means here full lean, and full back means full rich.
the gamecontrolbars are following the gamecontrolers movement.
It works this way because in 3D cockpit lever is also moving back for full rich setting.

The FIAT G.50 in real has ful throttle backwards ! So, when the 3D controls will work in the future, with the same logic the gamecontroler should also work this way ?!?!

i , personaly dont think so, if i want more (power or mixture) i want push my axis/slider/wheel forward. Indipendent from the actual move of the 3D cockpit lever.

Your opinions ?

IvanK
04-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Hurricane mixture is bugged at present both in animation (in first selectable Hurricane). IRL there are 2 positions Back for RICH and forward for LEAN. There is no incremental control. In addition the throttle and mixture levers are designed such that if the throttle is pulled back to idle it will also pull the mixture control back to RICH. This is how it is animated in the second selectable Hurricane. In the first the throttle just glides Ghost like through the Mixture lever.

The second bug is though the Labelling is correct it would seem that the function is reversed as far as the Sim is concerned. So selecting Mixture control correctly back to RICH is interpret by the SIM as WEAK. Devs are aware of this.

All Spitfires in COD should have the mechanisation as well.

Italian Throttles in WWII all worked this way Forward to Idle back to max MAP.

JG52Uther
04-05-2011, 05:36 AM
The Italian throttle is correct.You could always reverse it in the controls menu if you wanted.

JG53Frankyboy
04-05-2011, 07:26 AM
true, but you cant set the controls plane for plane...
i ment in general, if i push any axis/slider of my gamecontroler forward i also want to have the specefic engine setting also "moves" forward . Totaly independent how the 3D cockpit lever behaves.
and "rich" misxture is in my understanding 'more' mixture than "lean" :)

bando
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
true, but you cant set the controls plane for plane...

Isn't it so that one can save a profile under a name (Spitfire for instance) and make mmore profiles, so each plane can have it's own setup. After deciding what plane to fly, you load the right profile and off you go.

JG53Frankyboy
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
you have the game ?

bando
04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
That sounds sarcastic.

Yes I have th game and each plane got it's own profile thank you very much.

Was just trying to help out

tf_neuro
04-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I read this thread and thought maybe this is why I cant start up the g50, I was using the throttles the wrong way.
Tested the Hurricane, then G50, and noticed that the small-throttle-thingy on the left side of the screen always goes back to idle after a failed startup, and in both cases idle was on the bottom.