04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Then go play the old il2 ...

Id like to add my own chatter

engarde
04-04-2011, 03:40 AM
The old FM was so much cooler

i hope some day we can change it again

interesting post.

troll like frankly, based on how much nonsense erupts from those utterly convinced they know, THEY KNOW, exactly how the place should, nay MUST fly. Must be irresistable to kick off.

i once waxed listlessly in another thread about another sim about how unless you actually KNEW FROM EXPERIENCE the proper way a particularly loaded spit, hurri etc flew in any given combination of time of day, air pressure weather etc, then you're just arguing from ignorance, and its about as accurate (and worthwhile) as planning your day on your horoscope.

i suggest the typical page dumps of obscure graphs, infinite regurgitation of numbers blah blah should be given their individual The Flight Model Is Wrong Because I Know It Is thread.

Just so readers like me dont have to suffer through the same old bullshit to read posts that contribute to the genre instead of stinking the place up.

scissorss
04-04-2011, 03:59 AM
interesting post.

troll like frankly, based on how much nonsense erupts from those utterly convinced they know, THEY KNOW, exactly how the place should, nay MUST fly. Must be irresistable to kick off.

i once waxed listlessly in another thread about another sim about how unless you actually KNEW FROM EXPERIENCE the proper way a particularly loaded spit, hurri etc flew in any given combination of time of day, air pressure weather etc, then you're just arguing from ignorance, and its about as accurate (and worthwhile) as planning your day on your horoscope.

i suggest the typical page dumps of obscure graphs, infinite regurgitation of numbers blah blah should be given their individual The Flight Model Is Wrong Because I Know It Is thread.

Just so readers like me dont have to suffer through the same old bullshit to read posts that contribute to the genre instead of stinking the place up.
Well said.

DC338
04-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Whilst I don't agree with the topic starter and believe that like IL-2 the FM is a work in progress and that broad statements are useless without some tangible testing or figures, I do find it interesting that the Su-26 is missing and it is the aircraft that was meant to validate the FM. Be interesting to see it's handling characteristics. Some people have flown it IRL and would be good judges of it's FM.

609_Huetz
04-04-2011, 05:00 AM
I doubt that the OP has ever sat in a real aircraft :) Troll.

Btw, the SU26 is not going to be there to validate FMs (how could a SU validate a 109 or Hurri FM anyways), if you put it in context its there to validate the engine itself.

DC338
04-04-2011, 05:19 AM
You are correct in that it is to validate the engine itself. That is what I was getting at.