PDA

View Full Version : Hurri I notes

effte
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Couple of notes after taking the Hurri I for a spin. Either I'm doing something wrong or something is amiss - let's discuss.

Boost cutout seems to have no effect. I can't overboost the engine past 6 1/4 no matter what.

Rich mixture should be set for takeoff, but this produces around 2200 RPM and an aircraft which barely overcomes the rolling friction. Mixture to weak gets the plane rolling, at a static RPM of around 2600.

With brakes applied on the ground during engine runup (yes, rudder centered so no differential braking) the plane turns ever so slowly, presumably into the wind. I seem to remember this behaviour from earlier versions of Il-2.

The fuel selector can't go to main from reserve without passing "off". This problem is made worse as putting the selector in "off" instantly cuts the engine. Whatever happened to the carb reservoir?

Lastly, the mixture does not go to rich when closing the throttle. This goes hand in hand with 3D cockpit interference, as the throttle goes through the mixture handle. I think this has been reported elsewhere as something the devs are aware of though.