PDA

View Full Version : POV camera usage

JG5_Boelie
04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey all,

I used to play IL2 with NewView and just my POV button on my joystick. Works great for me and makes looking around very subtle and smooth.

Downside is, I can't seem to get NewView working on IL2- CoD... Maybe because they're not compatible or whatever. Was wondering if any of you have managed to get NewView working (or a good alternative)?

Now I just use pan-view, but with this, you have to press several times to look around instead of using the POV like a mouse. This is very annoying and makes tracking enemies quite hard. Snap is no option for me either (obviously).

Curious to your ideas!!

Upthair
04-04-2011, 01:37 AM
I've seen people say that the current NewView37m is able to work in CoD, though not completely satisfactorily. As far as I know, you need to let NewView generate an INI file first, as when you use NewView on IL2 1946 for the first time. But I've forgotten the details.

By the way, the NewView version for COD is being worked on by its developer Hruks :). See this page in Russian (http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=67864&page=1).

JG5_Boelie
04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the reply, after some google translate I'm very happy that Hruks is working on the newview for CoD as we speak.

Waiting impatiently for it :)