PDA

View Full Version : Cockpits were clickable, now they're not, what have I done?

naz
04-03-2011, 02:30 PM
As the thread title says gents. I must have done something stupid along the way but I cant figure out why my Spit cockpit is no longer clickable.

I have a lot of the main controls mapped to my Saitek HOTAS but not all, anyway, nothing works in the Spit cockpit now when I try to click anything. The cursor changes to the little hand symbol suggesting I should be able to activate it, but when I click, nothing happens.

Any ideas lads?

JG52Uther
04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
F10?

naz
04-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Nah, its not F10 ... that still works ok to swap between "modes". The mouse pointer wouldn't show up and change to the little hand symbol if F10 was the issue.

Cheers anyway :)

sevcav
04-03-2011, 03:09 PM
There is a "use item" key mapping, is that a possibility of had been changed? I am having similar issues, and yet haven't figured out how to get it back working either. Have no idea what the original default keys were anymore.....

Perhaps someone who has default keys could post the confi.ini ?

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
its toggle independant mode.i had same problem lost all my key bindings had to uninstall and download again now its fine

bigchump
04-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I've noticed that after playing for an hour or so my keyboard and/or mouse starts acting up. Some keys stop working and the mouse cursor disappears. A warm reboot does not help but shutting off the power and restarting does. There must be a nasty memory leak because even after quitting the game Win7/64 behaves strangely. I had to dumb down my BIOS to keep launcher.exe from crashing. Go figure....

EDIT:When I disabled Steam Cloud I lost most but not all of my axes/key settings.

naz
04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks Gents, Still have not worked this out unfortunately.

I tried mapping the left mouse button to "use Items" but that has not helped. I validated all files in Steam to see if anything had gotten corrupted, and I had disabled cloud before I started mapping keys a few days ago, so none of these seem to have been the culprit.

Rather frustrating.

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks Gents, Still have not worked this out unfortunately.

I tried mapping the left mouse button to "use Items" but that has not helped. I validated all files in Steam to see if anything had gotten corrupted, and I had disabled cloud before I started mapping keys a few days ago, so none of these seem to have been the culprit.

Rather frustrating.

Naz,independent mode is the setting you want for f10

naz
04-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Naz,independent mode is the setting you want for f10

I'm not following you mate. F10 is already set to Toggle independent mode. I have never changed or adjusted that setting in the controls menu.

When I hit F10 in game previously, it would toggle between modes where either the mouse pointer was visible or not. If the pointer was visible, I could click and activate levers in the cockpit. All was working as intended.

However, for some reason now, when I use F10 to toggle into that same mode, the mouse pointer still appears, the mouse pointer still changes into the little hand indicating that I should be able to operate a particular lever, but now, nothing happens when I click.

If I am missing something else please let me know, but i think you might be misunderstanding me perhaps. I am aware of F10 and the independent mode, but for some reason the clickable cockpit part has broken (or I broke it somehow...god knows how though).

damar
04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm not following you mate. F10 is already set to Toggle independent mode. I have never changed or adjusted that setting in the controls menu.

When I hit F10 in game previously, it would toggle between modes where either the mouse pointer was visible or not. If the pointer was visible, I could click and activate levers in the cockpit. All was working as intended.

However, for some reason now, when I use F10 to toggle into that same mode, the mouse pointer still appears, the mouse pointer still changes into the little hand indicating that I should be able to operate a particular lever, but now, nothing happens when I click.

If I am missing something else please let me know, but i think you might be misunderstanding me perhaps. I am aware of F10 and the independent mode, but for some reason the clickable cockpit part has broken (or I broke it somehow...god knows how though).

I have exactly problem as you. Don't know what's up.
I'm using X52 but no SST.

naz
04-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Bottom entry in the aircraft key menu ... "Mouse Control". I set that to left mouse click and all is working again.

Don't how know when, how or why I changed that but there you go...knew it had to be something stupid I did.

Anyway, for the other fellas who were having the same issue...hope that helps you too.

Thanks for all responses guys.

S!

Wolf_Rider
04-06-2011, 07:05 AM
I've noticed that after playing for an hour or so my keyboard and/or mouse starts acting up. Some keys stop working and the mouse cursor disappears. A warm reboot does not help but shutting off the power and restarting does. There must be a nasty memory leak because even after quitting the game Win7/64 behaves strangely. I had to dumb down my BIOS to keep launcher.exe from crashing. Go figure....

EDIT:When I disabled Steam Cloud I lost most but not all of my axes/key settings.

similar here, almost like a slow sluggy degradation... re-enable steam sync/ online mode and everything appears to return to normal.

It was something I was concerned may happen having a steam like thingy on my rig. (Gamespy did similar)

badfinger
08-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Bottom entry in the aircraft key menu ... "Mouse Control". I set that to left mouse click and all is working again.

Don't how know when, how or why I changed that but there you go...knew it had to be something stupid I did.

Anyway, for the other fellas who were having the same issue...hope that helps you too.

Thanks for all responses guys.

S!

I'm with you up to setting the left mouse click. How do you do that?

binky9

badfinger
08-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Clarification

I double clicked to get the window in which I can assign a key, tap the left mouse button, but nothing happens.

binky9

EZ1
08-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I've run into the same problem. Keys and most controls on stick stop working. Even clicking the controls with the mouse stops working. For me, they come back slowly after several minutes of messing around with them, but they are not quite right. Then at some point the work intermitently. Full reboot seems to fix it for me.

Man, they have a lot of work to do.

naz
09-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Clarification

I double clicked to get the window in which I can assign a key, tap the left mouse button, but nothing happens.

binky9

Sorry for the delay Binky....I have not viewed this thread for ages so had no idea you had posted a question.

To be honest, I am not sure why remapping did not work for you. If you can get the window up in which you assign keys, it should allow you to map the mouse click...perhaps make sure the mouse pointer is actually in the box where you enter the key stroke and try again? :)

Chivas
02-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Clickable cockpit has never worked for me. I see the Mouse Control in the Options/Controls/key/Mouse Control has nothing assigned to it. I tried assigning my left mouse button but nothing appears, when I try assigning another key on my keyboard it works, but I have press that key aswell as move the mouse to move switches etc.

I don't know why this is. Can anyone tell me if the Left Mouse button the default key for Mouse Control?????? If thats the case I will continue to find out why it won't assign.

Chivas
02-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Just after posting my problem I found the answer in the ATAG forums. Don't click inside the box with your left mouse, click just outside the box, and the Left mouse will assign.