PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Throttle Quadrant Help Needed

Moggy
04-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions and help concerning my Saitek throttle quadrant for throttle settings. I have the typical quadrant problem where it jumps a lot at lower settings so I want to set the throttle higher to avoid this end of the quadrant. I've tried setting the slider settings ingame but just can't quite set it up correctly.
Does anyone have a good setup settings for the Saitek that I can transfer over to my game?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

NLS61
04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions and help concerning my Saitek throttle quadrant for throttle settings. I have the typical quadrant problem where it jumps a lot at lower settings so I want to set the throttle higher to avoid this end of the quadrant. I've tried setting the slider settings ingame but just can't quite set it up correctly.
Does anyone have a good setup settings for the Saitek that I can transfer over to my game?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi what you are describing is a common problem with these Saitek throttle quadrants.
I've got one wich has only one of the levers working anything like it should.
Basicly they are CRAP.

Niels

Flashman
04-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I use one but dont have any config files for it as mine works ok. Have you tried setting the deadzones in the windows Game Controller settings? You can adjust the dead zones (but it adjusts at both ends).

You might just have to bite the bullet and buy another one. Im onto my second Throttle quadrant as my first is spiky. My first one was bought when they came out, its still usuable but not accurate enough for a throttle.

One thing, When I bought my second quadrant I actually purchased the Yoke+Throttle combo as there was a good deal on as the Yoke+throttle was only £30 more than the throttle on its own.

What i didnt realise though is that the throttle plugs into the Yoke rather than having its own USB connector and acts as axes of the joke.

I hardly use my yoke but its on my desk just the same anyway so I can use the throttle! I might actually set up a control profile for bombers and such using the yoke (I did this for RoF when the bombers came out and its quite good).

So after all the waffling my conclusion is this: Sorry, can't be of much help!

CH_RoadDogg
04-03-2011, 04:39 PM
All default joystick imputs are fubar.

Reset each one manually.

When you set each function there will be slider and bars on bottom.

Move the device and make sure the input and output move the same.

If they dont adjust deadbans so they do.

With the throttle make sure the 100% slider is all the way to the right.

All other sliders to the left unless they need adjusting.

Moggy
04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for your input guys, I think I'm going to go with Flashman's suggestion and alter the deadzone in Windows rather than the game itself.

bolox
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
worth giving DIView a look?

there's a link on bodnars site(scroll down to 'how to use ' section for hyperlink'
http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/