PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting FOV incrementally

Bertram W. Wooster
04-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Is there any way to adjust the FOV incrementally using buttons/keys?

I know that there are key bindings for three preset FOVs (30°, 70° and 90°) and that there is another key binding to adjust the FOV incrementally using the mouse but these aren't what I'm looking for. I want to be able to bind two buttons on my joystick to increase and decrease the FOV in small incremental steps without having to take my hands off the controller to use the mouse.

Failing that, is there any way to modify the default FOV and/or the three FOV presets, say by editing a configuration file or something similar?

ytareh
04-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Same question here !There SEEMS to be a toggle fov key but like several others (Boost/WEP/Rads) it seems 'broke'...

Bertram W. Wooster
04-03-2011, 06:30 PM
The 'toggle' FOV key binding isn't broken; it just allows you to adjust the FOV using the mouse. While pressing the FOV key, moving the mouse forward decreases the FOV and moving the mouse backward increases the FOV.

Lixma
04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Failing that, is there any way to modify the default FOV and/or the three FOV presets, say by editing a configuration file or something similar?
I tried altering the values in the conf.ini but no joy.

This is on my wish-list. Customisable FOV for each aircraft.

Kianoni
04-03-2011, 09:31 PM
this is one of the things that bullshits me the most..
a quote from the "manual":
Field of View x. Th. ere.are.three.standard.Field.of.View.presets.in.Cl iff.s.of.
Dover:.30°,.70°.and.90°..Th. ey.are.used.as.the.Close-Up.lens.(30°),.the.Normal.
lens.(70°).and.the.Wide-angle.lens.(90°)..Additional.FoV.settings.are.ava ilable.
with.the.Hold to Adjust Field of View.command.
NOTE: Th e Close-up or 30° Field of View matches the picture seen by
the naked eye the best. We highly recommend using the 30° lens for most
screenshots or videos.
However this view is not particularly useful in a cockpit as it greatly limits the
viewable area (which however is perfectly in line with what you would see with
a naked eye without having to shift your gaze). Th e Normal 70° view shows a
larger more useful area but slightly distorts the picture, and the 90° lens shows
an even larger and an even more distorted area of the world. Please be aware of
the distorted dimensions in the Normal and Wide fi eld of views which will render
objects at diff erent distances from the camera with seemingly wrong proportions.

it's just plain wrong.
if you have a 19" monitor and a FOV of 30 degrees it might look like what you would see through a 19" window in real life but it sure hell isn't the same as having a 50" monitor with the same FOV of 30 degrees - it's just a scaled image.
IMHO at least the default choices of "30/70/90" should be configurable and you could choose the best fitting your screen size

zapatista
04-04-2011, 05:35 AM
this is one of the things that bullshits me the most..
a quote from the "manual":...................."
it's just plain wrong.
if you have a 19" monitor and a FOV of 30 degrees it might look like what you would see through a 19" window in real life but it sure hell isn't the same as having a 50" monitor with the same FOV of 30 degrees - it's just a scaled image.
IMHO at least the default choices of "30/70/90" should be configurable and you could choose the best fitting your screen size

you should be able to set those in the ingame options to whatever 3 FoV's you personally prefer to preset (so you can toggle them ingame depending on what you need), eg normal view, zoomed view, or wide peripheral vision view. at least you can in the old il2. if this isnt working now is it a bug with the setup or is the whole feature missing ?

i doubt they removed that, previously you could select values between 30 and 90 for FoV's, you still should be able to do the same now ?

Buchon
04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
You guys are editing the wrong .ini

The game is reading the FOV keys from the .ini located in your Steam folder.

Go to ....\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and open the confUser.ini

Search for this :

[HotKey viewSet]
Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Delete=fov30
Mouse5=FOV
MouseMiddle=Rotate
F10=StartStop
MouseRight=Len
MouseLeft=Offset
NumPad/=Reset

you can change the keys FOV values there.

Fusek
04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
A toggle FOV option mapped to a single button,muchlike IL2 would be nice. This way is very cumbersome in my eyes.

Kianoni
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM

Go to ....\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and open the confUser.ini

Search for this :

[HotKey viewSet]
Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Delete=fov30
Mouse5=FOV
MouseMiddle=Rotate
F10=StartStop
MouseRight=Len
MouseLeft=Offset
NumPad/=Reset

you can change the keys FOV values there.

it's 2011 already and we still have to edit .ini-files? LOL :grin:

rob63
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Have been using San's FOV changer here with great success http://il2fovchanger.byethost7.com/ with IL-2 '46. I really thought that COD would have something like this built in, but oh well. Here's hoping he can make it work for COD.

ztorm
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Search for this :

[HotKey viewSet]
Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Delete=fov30
Mouse5=FOV
MouseMiddle=Rotate
F10=StartStop
MouseRight=Len
MouseLeft=Offset
NumPad/=Reset

you can change the keys FOV values there.Did you try this yourself ? Because, guess what, it doesn't work.

"fov70" is not a variable you can edit, it's a fixed value, like "Rotate".

There is no easy way to fix these FOV levels, and I sure hope they fix that at some point.

Buchon
04-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I did try, and it seems me work ... just placebo.

You are right, that are fixed values names.

Sorry for the misunderstood.

I started a thread for edit FOV and Offset values :

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20560

DayGlow
04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd love to be able to map fov to an axis to have smooth zoom in and out. I run an eyefinity setup and every time I start im pressed against the gunsight and have to use the key+mouse to pull back. Much easier to just flick a rotary on my hotas to the proper fov level.

Luffe
04-06-2011, 02:51 AM
You can use JoyToKey to get incremental FOV/Zoom in CoD:

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

First set up the buttons you want to use to change FOV in JoyToKey.
Set up one for 'Mouse up' and one for 'Mouse down'.

Launch CoD and go to controls and assign each of the two buttons to their own instance of 'Hold to Adjust FOV'. Voilá.

Same procedure to set up an axis, but you will have to assign a key or button to hold down while moving the axis.

tf_neuro
04-06-2011, 04:12 AM
(edited)
I posted something, then I saw that it was already there.

cmirko
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

Launch CoD and go to controls and assign each of the two buttons to their own instance of 'Hold to Adjust FOV'. Voilá.

Same procedure to set up an axis, but you will have to assign a key or button to hold down while moving the axis.

can you please make screenshots of these settings ? I've tried yesterday to follow your advice but couldn't make it work......

both from joy2key and control settings screen please....

cheers

tf_neuro
04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
OK, I know that this suggestion has already been posted, I'm just trying to make it easier to set up with a step-by-step instruction set:

- Go to your controls page, Keys tab, Camera Section
- One of the first key bindings from the top is called 'Adjust FoV' or something like that. By default it's bound to 'mouse5', whatever that might be...
- Assign a different key to 'Adjust FoV' (I use Q because I never used it for anything else...)
- Save your settings, start a flight.
- Now hold down your 'Adjust FoV' key (Q, in my case), and at the same time move the mouse up and down to incrementally adjust FoV (no need to hold any mouse key down, just hold your keyboard key and move the mouse)

[Assigning mouseUP and mouseDOWN to keys is unnecessary IMO. One key for Adjust FoV + Moving the mouse up/down does the trick pretty well]

cmirko
04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I know how "mouse movement FOV" works mate :), thanks for your reply though.

What I want to do is setup two buttons on my stick to automatically do FOV+ (and FOV-) without moving mouse - but just by pressing one button on my joystick. So I need a detailed instructions how to do what Luffe did in this post.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key...%20Version.htm

in il2 it worked like this:

In IL2 1946 I use the letters I and O = zoom In and Out, and use the freeware tool JoyToKey to repeat 25 times per second the input of the letters, mapped under my buttons 3 & 4 on my MSFFB2. Very smooth and very powerful.

thanks in advance

SG1_Lud
04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I know how "mouse movement FOV" works mate :), thanks for your reply though.

What I want to do is setup two buttons on my stick to automatically do FOV+ (and FOV-) without moving mouse - but just by pressing one button on my joystick. So I need a detailed instructions how to do what Luffe did in this post.

in il2 it worked like this:

thanks in advance

Ok do the following steps.

1) In Joy2key select one button for mouse up and another for mouse down. let's say button A and button B

2) Adjust the sensivity (mouse inputs for every keystroke)

3) goto cod, controller settings, adjust camera

4) asign one instance of "hold to adjust fov" to button A

5) mantaining selected the same option "hold to adjust fov" click on new to open another instance. Assign it to Button B

The idea is that key2joy is sending mouse inputs, and COD uses the same buttons for sending at the same time the keystroke "hold to adjust fov"

Hope it makes sense now, I dont have the english menues but I think you got the idea. Thanks to Luffe for the original idea

No1 Cheese
04-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Ive been looking for a way to change this aswell,it all seems a bit long winded doesnt it???
I used to use my POV up and down and it worked,NOW!!!!

Cheese

cmirko
04-11-2011, 08:20 PM
thanks for the explanation :) works as advertised :)

IvanK
08-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Trying to get this to work. I dont see any Mouse UP or Mouse down or any mouse referenced functions in Joy 2 Keys right pane ? Should I

Untamo
08-20-2012, 06:33 AM
S!

Luffe's trick worked perfectly, thanks!

ATAG_Dutch
08-20-2012, 11:37 AM
In the camera menu, assign a key or button to 'hold to zoom'. Then in the game screen hold this button down and move your mouse backwards and forwards for a variable fov. It only works when the mouse cursor is showing on the screen. Turn off the mouse cursor and it won't work.

The trouble with this method is that clicking a default 30,70,90 view makes you have to start over, and you need to fiddle with your mouse aswell as the throttle and stick, but it works.

Marmusman
08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I did not realize there were so many discussions on this topic already. I posted a video in a separate thread on setting up zooming FOV on a Saitek X52 with mini-stick mouse. Should work for other joysticks that have mini-sticks. Hopefully, this helps some people?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33972

Friedric
03-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Ok i downloaded this software , but i cant understand how to enable key in joytokey software :confused:

gif us a example with some screenshots .