PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried more than 3 controllers?

ElAurens
04-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I remember that long ago it was said this would work with the new sim.

I want to add a CH Throttle Quadrant to my set up, and am wondering if I can?

FlyingShark
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I have one an dit works with only one problem, the slider that I use for throttle goes from 0 to full using only the first +/- 30% of the slider. Pitch, mixture and flaps that I assigned to the other sliders work fine.
The problem with the throttle is not a problem of the quadrant though as it works fine in other applications (RoF and IL21946).

One thing though, you may want to uncheck the function that lets you use only 2 hands at a time (I forgot the name but you know what I mean) as even a brand new quadrant always has some game in it's sliders and there for, with the mentioned function enabled, you will loose control of the things you want to actually use in the moment.

~S~

Therion_Prime
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I use the:
Thrustmaster Warthog Stick
X52Pro throttle
X52 throttle
G940 pedals (through the stick plugged in)

So yes it works

bolox
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
running 4 controllers here with no probs-would like an official statement on just how many devices we can plug in tho.
(if all axes are capable of being mapped simultaneously would need more than 10 devices with 8 axes each)

only 'problem' so far is with independant toe brakes- work fine with planes thus equiped but jump into a spit/hurri and no brakes:eek: (keyboard works tho)

Kankkis
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I have one an dit works with only one problem, the slider that I use for throttle goes from 0 to full using only the first +/- 30% of the slider. Pitch, mixture and flaps that I assigned to the other sliders work fine.
The problem with the throttle is not a problem of the quadrant though as it works fine in other applications (RoF and IL21946).

One thing though, you may want to uncheck the function that lets you use only 2 hands at a time (I forgot the name but you know what I mean) as even a brand new quadrant always has some game in it's sliders and there for, with the mentioned function enabled, you will loose control of the things you want to actually use in the moment.

~S~

To fix that problem, put that axis 100% deadzoneslider to 0

MarcusaQ
04-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I've got

Logitech Wingman Joystick
CH Products Fighterstick
CH Products Quadrant
CH Products Pedals

..and everything works fine. My old Logitech Joystick I use for the bomb sight controls.

123-Wulf-123
04-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Surely the Spit/Hurri brakes were on the joystick?

Not on the pedals?

Sokol1
04-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Surely the Spit/Hurri brakes were on the joystick?

Not on the pedals?

Yes, brake on the stick - the "bicicle lever":

http://www.spitfirespares.com/spitfirespares.com/Website%20products%20195%20Mr%20Hughes/Spit%20grip%20001.jpg

Even in post war many British jets use brakes in stick handle.

This remont to WWI when they realise that one pilot hit in one leg are able to land if their feets are strap on rudder bar, and have brakes in handle.

Sokol1

tf_neuro
04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
4 controllers here: works fine.

CH Fighterstick
CH Pro Pedals
CH Throttle Quadrant
+ the Throttle off an old x52

Not using any special software, just plugged everything in.

As for the throttle problemI have one an dit works with only one problem, the slider that I use for throttle goes from 0 to full using only the first +/- 30% of the slider.
-Go to the controls settings interface, axes tab
-Select throttle.
-At the bottom of the page, you will see 5 sliders (left side) and 2 indicators (right side)
-On the right side, the 'in' is your throttle movement, 'out' is what the game does.
-Now, on the left side, set the five sliders like this (top to bottom)
slider#1 = 0.02
slider#2 = 0.00
slider#3 = 1.00 <= All the way to the right
slider#4 = 0.00
slider#5 = 0.02

- This will give you a small dead zone at both ends just to make sure that the output (i.e. 'what the game does') actually goes all the way down to 0 and up to 110 (this is set in the first and last sliders), and the slider#3 at 1.00 sets the in-game throttle to follow your controller throttle instead of jumping up abruptly.

Hope that helps.

PS: use as guidelines, not as ...'gospel' ;)

CharveL
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Anyone know how to get the CH throttle microstick recognized or a "shift" button? It would be nice not to have to use the controller software each time to play like I did with il2 to get full functionality.