PDA

View Full Version : Engine Startup procedure anyone?

Jediteo
04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone have any idea how to start most aircraft? There are two distinct problems I have encountered thus far. The first is a message when pressing the I key (Toggle selected engine) states merely "Engine Stopping", and there is no possible means of starting the engine.
The other is an issue in which starting the engine yields a single turn of the propeller, and then dies. The magnetos and Fuel cocks are on, with fuel in the tanks. I have experimented with every possible permutation of fuel mix and throttle, even tried carburettor heat on aircraft that have them. Yet no solution can be found. We had 3 in my squad last night on my dogfight server trying to figure it out, each of us sitting in a spit. The "Engine stopping message" seems to be completely random, as spawning a new aircraft at the same field with the same parameters and a repeated startup procedure yields a fully functioning engine.

Anyone have any speculation on how the remedy our earthbound existence?

flyingblind
04-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Flipping heck Jedi, I was going to ask you that tonight. I can't work it out either and was sure you would have it sussed. (Shadrach)

Tbag
04-02-2011, 02:56 PM
for 109: http://www.youtube.com/user/TargAK

Don't know about the spawning issue though, sounds a bit like be a bug.

Jediteo
04-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks el Duderino, still doesn't solve the occasional "stopping engine" problem