Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Engine Startup procedure anyone?

Anyone have any idea how to start most aircraft? There are two distinct problems I have encountered thus far. The first is a message when pressing the I key (Toggle selected engine) states merely "Engine Stopping", and there is no possible means of starting the engine.
The other is an issue in which starting the engine yields a single turn of the propeller, and then dies. The magnetos and Fuel cocks are on, with fuel in the tanks. I have experimented with every possible permutation of fuel mix and throttle, even tried carburettor heat on aircraft that have them. Yet no solution can be found. We had 3 in my squad last night on my dogfight server trying to figure it out, each of us sitting in a spit. The "Engine stopping message" seems to be completely random, as spawning a new aircraft at the same field with the same parameters and a repeated startup procedure yields a fully functioning engine.

Anyone have any speculation on how the remedy our earthbound existence?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Flipping heck Jedi, I was going to ask you that tonight. I can't work it out either and was sure you would have it sussed. (Shadrach)
Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

for 109: http://www.youtube.com/user/TargAK

Don't know about the spawning issue though, sounds a bit like be a bug.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Thanks el Duderino, still doesn't solve the occasional "stopping engine" problem