PDA

View Full Version : X52 Settings

Sauf
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Any X52 users getting smooth response in flight can you please post your axis slider settings, just cant seem to get mine set up right, dont know if its because my JS is worn, its an original x52, and the game just dont like it, or if Im setting it up wrong.
I notice in properties I'm getting spikes in my slider and trim wheels, though it works fine in 1946 4.10.

Thx

CH_RoadDogg
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Mine is running smooth.
Just had to remap each one the default maps where not right.
All sliders are all the way to the left.
Except throttle slider 100% is all the way to right.
After there set click each axis and move it to make sure the in and out are moving even with each other if they are it will be smooth.
And every time you change somthing click apply or it will default back to the setting you just changed.

Sauf
04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks RoadDogg will give it a try.

Surge
04-02-2011, 09:25 PM
on a similar note to this specific joystick, does anybody have or like to share there saved saitek x52 profile pretty please.

Dharmaboy
04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
I too would love a Saitek X52 joystick settings and button config profile for my X52's Profile Manager.

I am going to try and work on one myself through this week. With all the new settings needed for engine management I am finding it a daunting talk to try and get my bird airborne or even to land safely.

Thanks

SEE
04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
The problem is that a profile for one player is completely useless to another. It depends on things like realism settings and wether you have headtracking and profiles are thus very personal.

My advice is make a note of the things you want to control from the stick and what keystrokes are assigned for tht action in the menu.

Organise your 'stick' unit - e.g, weapons, views, etc and the Throttle unit for engine management, Trim, Brakes, etc. You also have Pinky switch and disable the 'clutch' function in the Saitek Properties menu so you can use the 'clutch' switch for something more important like 'Brakes', etc.

Open the SST software, press a switch on the joystick and you will be taken to the cell where you simply press the key on the keyboard and in it goes - your stick is programmed for that command. (add a descriptor name too - it will appear in your MFD display). Save your profile and load it into your X52.

It really is very easy and you will have a profile that suits exactly what you want. Just do it in small sections.

Dharmaboy
04-27-2011, 07:39 PM
S! Thanks for the advice.