PDA

View Full Version : Cannot delete some preset options

JG301_HaJa
04-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi,
I seem to have a problem with deleting the preset controls for view
set to the stick coole hat. I don't need that since I have a TIR but
if I select a command and press the delete option it wont delete.

Am i making any sence here lol :D

If anyone has any soloution to this I'd appreciate it. Perhaps one needs to
delete them in the config file ?!

regards

Wolf_Rider
04-02-2011, 01:43 PM
This is a real curious one...

not only does re-assigning key functions cause a crash, but at times some assignments won't delete, though I found going back to main screen then going into options screen again works. There are quite a few double entries in the VIEWS pages (POV) and on occasion, deleting an assignment takes the whole line out (it comes back again after rebooting the sim).

I don't seem to have had any trouble with my own saved confguration

SEE
04-02-2011, 02:38 PM
There are identical keystrokes assigned by default and many are not needed if you are using headtracking,etc.

I couldn't delete unused ones so used a key such as F10 for all unwanted assignments. Each time you enter it you will find that a warning pop up and asks if you wish to replace the previous command. Confirm and you will find that the previous command is now cleared.

Once you have cleared all unwanted keystrokes go to the command Active Cockpits (or whatever it should be for F10) and enter it.

Save your profile before exiting or switching to the axis options and apply.

Any changes in the stick axis menu should be saved under the same file name as the keystrokes profile but make sure you have the modified keystrokes profile active and loaded.

You will now have a cleared control menu with no duplicates or conflicting Key assignments.

Do not use F12 as this is used for snapshots. I found hundreds in a folder as I usually set F12 for mirrors. .

JG301_HaJa
04-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks, I'll try it :)

The F12 made me laugh a bit, how many megs of pictures didi you find ?

Wolf_Rider
04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
There are identical keystrokes assigned by default and many are not needed if you are using headtracking,etc.

some of the double entries I meant, such as
EXIT GAME = ALT + F4
EXIT GAME = CTRL X
both on the same page and one under the other

SEE
04-02-2011, 03:16 PM
damn, just been in to mod keyassignments and the 'delete' option on the lower left of the screen suddenly seems to work. Are you highlighting the command and I am wondering if I didn't thinking about it.

JG301_HaJa
04-02-2011, 03:22 PM
:D Yes but your way work for those buggers that don't wan't to go away with delete
button ;)

ustahl
04-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Do not use F12 as this is used for snapshots. I found hundreds in a folder as I usually set F12 for mirrors. .

This F12 screenshot setting annoyed me, too, because I want to use it for centering TrackIR, especially as screenshot keyboard mapping within CoD is the PrintScreen key. :confused:

Eventually I found out that the F12 screenshot setting actually is a Steam setting. :!:
I disabled it in Steam and can now freely use F12 for centering TrackIR or anything else, like mirror for example.;)

Cheers
-ustahl