PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft control trouble

That_guy
04-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Hello there,

I have been having trouble keeping my plane level, it seems to always turn into a roll to the right.I have trim disabled so it cant be that.Any suggetions would be apreciated.

Thanks

- Just to clarify I have this problem with every plane, I have also notcied that turning with my joystick is extremely sensative.

RAF_Marmaduke
04-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I have exactly the same issue. All aircraft seem to want to turn to the right, however, it seems more of a rudder induced turn than an aileron one. I have to fly with a constant pressure on the stick - to the left and with some left rudder input.

You can trim the rudder to lessen this effect but the aircraft flies unclean like that and you skid/sideslip too much for comfort, that's unless you're in a 109 :)

I have re-calibrated my stick 3 times and it appears to be ok - also, I've checked that my key mappings are correct and everything is neutral.

That_guy
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I have exactly the same issue. All aircraft seem to want to turn to the right, however, it seems more of a rudder induced turn than an aileron one. I have to fly with a constant pressure on the stick - to the left and with some left rudder input.

You can trim the rudder to lessen this effect but the aircraft flies unclean like that and you skid/sideslip too much for comfort, that's unless you're in a 109 :)

I have re-calibrated my stick 3 times and it appears to be ok - also, I've checked that my key mappings are correct and everything is neutral.

So it's working ok for you now? There must be a legitamate fix... unless it's a bug :mad:

HOTOjake
04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm having the same problem. did you find a fix?

609_Huetz
04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Noticed the same, especially when testing the topspeed on the Hurricane.

Having it perfectly trimmed for level flight on rudder and elevators, the plane wants to enter a slight right hand turn that would steepen itself.

As there is no aileron trim, that makes me wonder how they got it trimmed IRL.

orcus
04-04-2011, 11:51 AM
If you were having the same problem as me ( when game first starts you do a hard barrel roll to the right all the time your flying and have to hold your stick at 30 degrees to the right just to fly level ) if you tick the box and turn on torque in the realism options that stopped it for me you still have to correct for the torque but you wont be doing barrel rolls now

RAF_Marmaduke
04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I can trim out the right hand turning in the hurri and the spit to a point where you only have the torque to deal with.

The 109 seems to be a problem because there is no rudder trim, as we know, and the torque is too prominent. I suspect the rudder isn't centred, can someone confirm this?

I hope it's not related to a particular make or type of joystick (logitech freedom + X52 throttle setup here)

kingpinda
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Have you guys taken a look at the tune settings in the axes tab? Nearly ALL axes need to be tuned. click on the axes in controlpage axes tab. Then click on the axes and fiddle with the bars that appear in the bottom of the screen. Try and get the input and output bars responding the same and you are in bussiness.

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I honestly think this is just a case of accurate FM modelling, I mentioned in another thread that in real life all propeller aircraft have a tendency to roll by combination of torque and propwash, rudder trim can be used to counter some of the effect but in reality only aileron trim will really give any effective results without the aircraft being too out of balance, since at least the spits and hurri's don't have aileron trim it is just something to live with.

sensitivity in the controls would be tuned in the axis tuning function of the control editor.

p.s. maybe not all prop aircraft i.e. multi engine and counter rotating, just anything with a large single prop and a bit of grunt in the engine.

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-06-2011, 06:42 AM
behind plane view the rudder moves to the left but the plane yaws right i have to tick the reverse box so that when i rudder right yaw right even though from behind plane view the rudder is moving left :)

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-06-2011, 06:54 AM
just got behind view in a spit flying level used default z and x keys and it does exactly the same thing,x rudder key moves right, plane banks left,z rudder key moves rudder left plane goes right or stays where it is lol