PDA

View Full Version : Selecting joystick

Kiwi_Bro
04-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Gday
Just brought this game from steam yesterday.
Had Il2 for a while and it automatically selected the joystick , however the default seems to be with the keyboard . I cannot find where to use the joystick , any help ??

Also anyone have a keyboard control map you can print off ? . IL2 had it , but it doesn't seem to come with this game.

cheers

602Sqn.McLean
04-02-2011, 06:10 AM
G'day Kiwi Bro, I have a similar problem except the game won't recognise my joystick or foot pedals. All the switches work on the joystick and throttle but aileron, elevator and rudders don't work. Don't know how to get it recognise these. The old IL2 was so easy to do this. Can anyone help, please.

602Sqn.McLean
04-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Fixed it. I just kept pressing 'change' like twenty times and then used the joystick and it worked. Now trying to find out how to change my firing button from spacebar to joystick. Can't see where the list is that has that option on it.

Kiwi_Bro
04-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Fixed it. I just kept pressing 'change' like twenty times and then used the joystick and it worked. Now trying to find out how to change my firing button from spacebar to joystick. Can't see where the list is that has that option on it.

Hi fixed mine , it was set to joystick 2 , you have to change it to joystick. It will be the same for all other joystick functions.

Seems like most keys are unmapped due to Maddox wanting people to customize things for themselves .

Would be ok except there is no keyboard map included. Might use the old IL2 keyboard map and see if that works

major_setback
04-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi fixed mine , it was set to joystick 2 , you have to change it to joystick. It will be the same for all other joystick functions.

Seems like most keys are unmapped due to Maddox wanting people to customize things for themselves .

Would be ok except there is no keyboard map included. Might use the old IL2 keyboard map and see if that works

Thanks!