PDA

View Full Version : Trims ?

CH_RoadDogg
04-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Trims for fighters
I was able to map the trims on my x52 joystick for the elevator/rudder/aileron
The elevator and rudder trim work but are real touchy the aileron dosn't seem to work.
Is there no aileron trim in these planes for the roll or is it just bugged.

furbs
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Having alot of problems triming the 109

TheGrunch
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
That I know of:
Spitfire, Hurricane - Elevator, Rudder
109 - Elevator

Best way to find out is just to look in the cockpit for the corresponding trim controls. :)

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
The 109 only has elevator trim I think.

III/JG11_Simmox
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
109 trim only elevator
only seems to work in campaign,havent tried single mission
certainly not working in quick mission

ive spent sometime with it now
try adjusting the deadzones in game on the sliders you are using

had awful trouble with trims and throttle until i played with the deadzones
even the prop pitch needed attention
reasonably happy with the settings now

CH_RoadDogg
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I seen the elevator and rudder control in the cockpit but I was hoping you could trim the aileron.

JG53Frankyboy
04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
often the "two hand limit" option causes proplems, espacially when trimms are set on sliders/wheels.
i am so far that i just have it disabled. one of the overengeeniered features in game IMHO

seaeye
04-01-2011, 02:30 PM
It would be nice to have the old system of setting up controls and axis. There was nothing wrong with it at all. Now we have some strange sliders that don't seem to do a whole lot.

I'm having alot of trouble trimming the 109. Also, my throttle works when I am looking at the throttle in the cockpit but sometimes when I look away it fails to respond to my input. I map keys for undercarriage, none work. I gave up last night, got pretty sick of it straight away.

Giantsfan24
04-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I mapped trim alterations to SHIFT + WASD(for elevator and aileron) but I can seam to find the button for "set trim"? Is there one, or do you just keep pressing the "descrease trim" button until you level out without having to constantly push the joystick forward, which I can't imagine the RL aviators had to do, or they would have been spent 15 minutes into the flight.

Wolf_Rider
04-02-2011, 03:17 AM
@Giant...

gotta keep on adjusting trim to suit speed changes/ wind conditions, etc... its an ongoing process. The planes are "unstable" in flight, which means that, for instance should a wind gust be encountered, the plane won't settle (like a Cessna does)

@ Seaeye...

The new method takes a bit of getting used to but is much better than the previous method. I quite like it

lbuchele
04-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Regained trim control after disabling Antropomorphic.

TheGrunch
04-02-2011, 07:20 AM
The new method takes a bit of getting used to but is much better than the previous method. I quite like it
It's still nowhere near as good as IL2-Joycontrol or the new joystick settings screen that DT added in the 4.10 patch to 1946 though, which is a shame. :(

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
109 trim only elevator
only seems to work in campaign,havent tried single mission
certainly not working in quick mission

ive spent sometime with it now
try adjusting the deadzones in game on the sliders you are using

had awful trouble with trims and throttle until i played with the deadzones
even the prop pitch needed attention
reasonably happy with the settings now

tried in single mission not working , .i was trimming like mad ,,lol...

15JG52_Brauer
04-04-2011, 11:22 PM
tried in single mission not working , .i was trimming like mad ,,lol...

Con - it works (elevator) - pm me or message me on JZG forum

IvanK
04-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Running CH stuff Trim working just fine in all game modes.

Blackdog_kt
04-05-2011, 04:11 AM
There's a bug in the 109: a lot of controls don't work if you use simple engine management, maybe trims are among them. Developers know this and it's on the "to fix" list for the patch.

Apart from that, i like how the game forces people to use the controls the same way a real pilot would, at least on high realism settings.