PDA

View Full Version : How to remove subtitles?

justme262
04-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi guys,

I am enjoying playing this game but my average rig can only get 30 to 60 fps over land on the lowest resolution 1280x720 with models, effects and damage on high and everything else on low. Shadows on grass off.

. At this rez the subtitles take up a quarter of the screen and this makes it hard for me to see that 109 coming in at 2 o'clock high.

I tried just adding the NoSubtitlesTrue:1 line from the old IL2-1946 config.ini but no luck...

Anyone found a way to remove the subtitles?

AMD dual core 3300mhz, 4 gig ddr2 RAM 1600mhz, Nvidia 460GTX, windows 7 64bit

IbanezLaney
04-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Hold alt and left click the text - then you can right click it and you can remove the subtitles box. But I'm not sure how to get it back once you do that.

Blue Scorpion
04-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Hold alt and left click the text - then you can right click it and you can remove the subtitles box. But I'm not sure how to get it back once you do that.

Exactly the same way you got rid of it, you can open multiple custom info panels, left alt right click and create a new info panel.

You may then arrange them how you wish, and define how they will appear to a limited extent and chose from a selection of data to display within the bounds of the new panel, including the position of control surfaces, mission updates, subtitles (it's listed as voice), engine state and a few others. You can also change the size of the font used within the panel for each type of data displayed without affecting any other, you can even have two different font sizes for different data within the same panel, which will perhaps be of interest to the op.

justme262
04-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys :grin:

Too easy

Deadstick
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Yup, Thank you from me too.