PDA

View Full Version : Key shortcuts

janik_dk
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi,

Ok - this is a quite advanced flight sim, perhaps the most advanced ever created. I've looked through the pilots guide and not a single place (as far as I could tell..) there were mentioning of any keyboard short cuts.

I has been approx. 8 yers since i last played IL2 - so I am very much back to scratch.

So - how do you know what keyboard shortcuts to use? One are surposed to read through all the controls in the in-game options and learn them?

I remember back in the old days (IL2, flight simulator, jane's...) you got some kind of chart/page with shortcuts of the most common used keyboard shortcuts.

janik_dk
03-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Hmm.. Perhaps this was a silly question? :)

Russkly
04-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Hmm.. Perhaps this was a silly question? :)

No, it's a fair question.

It would be useful, because going through all the Controls menus manually to find what does what (and then remember and/or re-map them) is a bit painstaking!

R

mcmatt
04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, it would be useful!

No601_Swallow
04-01-2011, 11:26 AM
The thing is, though, there are so many options, you really have to go into the settings and decide which ones are them most important to you. So for example, because I (weirdly) enjoy engine management, I've spent the last hour fussing over where to put my magneto switches. First time I've done that since FS2004 faded into the background.

I'm actually glad so many of the controls aren't pre-mapped. (I'm also really impressed by the flexibility of the system).

By the way, last night I thought lots of keys and controls weren't working, but now I discover that's because I had "Anthropomorphic controls" on, and this radically slows down your workrate in the cockpit. I've turned it off, at least until I know my way around.

Destraex
04-25-2012, 10:35 AM
thats the problem though.
The interface for keyboard mapping is damned clunky and shows so little on the screen at once you need to almost have a third party tool to map everything.

Pilots have checklists and take many hours to master the controls. Why do you expect a flight simmer to remember everything.

I think a good basic keyboard layout map would be great. Newbs are scratching their heads when there are so many options and a lot of the basics are not mapped by default.

ATAG_Septic
04-25-2012, 10:41 AM
It's not what's needed by any means but you can get a list of assigned keys from the confUser.ini file, which is in the docs/1c folder.

Cheers.