PDA

View Full Version : How2 remove the HUD clutter? Red Text and box?

MadTommy
03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Hello... how can i reduce the HUD clutter?

I dislike the massive red text that quickly fills the screen. And also the weird box on the left.

How can i either remove or reduce these? I can't see any settings that control these.

Thanks.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4878/shot2011033115175075.jpg

Flanker35M
03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
S!

Press F10 to activate mouse control overlay. Then press alt + left mouse to activate the window, then right click and select close. I have none of those windows open anymore. Mucho better.

MadTommy
03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you very much.

Being new to IL i missed these key commands. It would be useful if these was a list of commands in the manual.

MadTommy
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
S!

Press F10 to activate mouse control overlay. Then press alt + left mouse to activate the window, then right click and select close. I have none of those windows open anymore. Mucho better.

I was able to remove the 'chat' box on the left..How about the gigantic text on the right?

Can i at least change its size.. or ideally remove it entirely?

borchi
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Displaying the radio chatter in an transparent box like that one on the left side would be nice.

MadTommy
04-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok.. i didn't understand you could remove the red text too with this method.. sorted it out. Thanks for the help.. looking SOOOOO much better now!

No HUD clutter to spoil the game..

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3871/shot2011040117492775.jpg

:grin:

naz
04-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Just out of interest, does anyone know how to get the windows back once they have been closed. Couldn't manage to bring them back when I tried.

Cheers

Blackdog_kt
04-02-2011, 01:49 AM
You will have to customize them manually from scratch i'm afraid.

While in the cockpit, enable the mouse cursor/clickable interface with F10 if it's not already on, right-click, select the option to create a new window. Then, alt+click on the window to bring it into focus, move and resize it to your liking and finally right click on it and select customize.
From that point on you can edit what gets displayed, if the borders are visible or not and so on. The left hand column deals with how the window is displayed (transparency, borders, etc). The middle one is what it displays. The right hand column is a list of available things to display. Just select something from the right hand column and move it to the middle one with the left/right arrow-shaped buttons, then use the up/down arrow buttons to set priority within the column.

I took a quick look when trying to re-arrange my windows but didn't delve deep into it, so there might be some inaccuracies in my post. In any case though it's pretty straightforward if you give it a couple of minutes.

Displaying the radio chatter in an transparent box like that one on the left side would be nice.

With the above method you can edit the radio chatter window and copy what you see in the properties of the other one to make them look the same.

naz
04-02-2011, 05:35 AM
cheers Blackdog kt

Triggaaar
04-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I'd just like to make the boxes smaller, but I'm not sure it that's possible. After Alt clicking the box, you can then right click and go into the box (window) settings, but I can't seem to make the box smaller.