PDA

View Full Version : Joystick problems

acker
03-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi, I can't get my joystick (an old Logitech Force 3D) to work. I've calibrated it outside the game and everything seems fine but the 8-way button is the only thing that works in game, none of the axes give any output in the options menu or in flight.

I've looked around for someone with a similar problem but I haven't found anything, so I'll thought I'll ask. Any ideas?

SEE
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
My X52 isn't working so its something in the control set up menu that I haven't spotted, most folks have sticks working but the manual isn't a fat lot of help when it comes to setting up Joysticks......:confused:

Kupsised
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
I found on mine that the controls were set up for a joystick, but for some reason they were set up for two joysticks (I have never even owned two sticks, let alone used two at the same time). The throttle was set on stick one and all the other axis and buttons on this mythical 'stick two'. I advise maybe trying to go back and just re-inputting all of the controls (open options - controls - axes, then make sure to click apply when you're done!)

Hope that helps, as it did work for me

SEE
03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Spotted that too with multiple sticks assigned. I have trim, elevators and ailerons working but the throttle works for a second or two in flight then stops functioning. When I go back to the set up screen it shows as not working - re-assign it -all ok - and stops working again in flight...bloody weird! Freetrack worked just fine - you win some you lose some.......keep plugging away I guess!

Kupsised
03-31-2011, 05:25 PM
That might be an issue with what some people are reporting the the bugs forum of the setup not saving your changes then. Sounds a bit like that if it works momentarily then gives up again (as if the controls have reverted back to the original setting).

It may sound a bit odd, but it seems that problem was fixed for me when I restarted my computer, so if you haven't already, perhaps a restart might be in order and then give it a go?

If that's already been tried then yes, I suppose you just have to keep trying other things. Good luck!

acker
03-31-2011, 05:53 PM
@Kupsised: That was it, Thanks!

Kupsised
03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
No worries, glad I could help!

Lps_Indyana
03-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi

, for me seems to see also Joy2 instead of the "real" joystick, but it does not detect the axes of the Joy1 wich is really connected.
Any help here ?

Thanks

Lps_Indyana

BadgerSmedly
03-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Gents, I've had the same issues as you have had, which was helped by a restart, but also it appears that the joystick action has to be made more than once to register in the aircraft.

It was ages before I realised that my throttle (X52Pro) was working I just had to throttle back and forth a couple of times.

Strange....

SEE
03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
My throttle problem was answered in another thread, had to switch 'anthropomorphic' setting to 'off' and it now works.

602Sqn.McLean
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Ummm where do I find the 'anthropomorphic' setting so I can turn it to off. My joystick doesn't work. It's a Saitek X52.

Sauf
04-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Ummm where do I find the 'anthropomorphic' setting so I can turn it to off. My joystick doesn't work. It's a Saitek X52.

Its in the realism menu mate