PDA

View Full Version : Control input

Cannibal
03-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi, I've not posted here much yet, but I've been following nearly every single thread about issues with CoD.

I've managed to reach more or less playable FPS thanks to the community, but one thing is of grave concern to me, and I haven't found a solution through the search function yet:

When I move my stick (X-52) it only accepts very rough inputs... I mean, it doesn't move fluent, in spite of the FPS. It's like the controls only know 4-6 positions... nothing inbetween. This goes for all input, even my pedals (Saitek). I don't get the fluent airplane control feeling at all, due to this.

My question to everyone: what could this have to do with? Even on the ground, with maybe 40 FPS the controls almost "flicker". Since I am using a pretty basic HOTAS, I think some of you might be aquainted with this problem. And if not, please tell me the difference.

My system:

AMD 6-core (phenom, I think) 2,8 GHz
Radeon HD 5780 (I guess)
4 GB RAM
Win7 32

In addition I use pedals and a modded gamepad.

kingpinda
03-31-2011, 06:08 PM
In control menu check each axis. there will be a few bars below displayed when you click on a axis. you have to play with the bars deadzone max, sensitivity etc to get the input output the same.

Psycho_Ch!cken
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Is it rough inputs or is it simply that the input is very delayed? The problem I'm experiencing is that anything I do, including mouse movements or key presses, is delayed by roughly half a second, making it difficult just to fly, let alone engage in combat.

Kylependragon
03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
You have to ensure you set the axis range correctly, failure to do so results in the type of response you describe. When you select an axis it will display a number of sliders at the bottom right, and on the left, it will display the response to your input on that axis. Adjust the sliders until you get a response you are happy with. You can set min and max dead zones and the range of input required to reach full deflection.

Cannibal
04-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Thank you for your comments.

I tried out some of the techniques concerning axis precision, but though I could solve some problems, it still shutters around. maybe by now it is a hardware issue... still I hope they find a way to make general control smoother.... I still think I am missing saomething

spw
04-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Thank you for your comments.

I tried out some of the techniques concerning axis precision, but though I could solve some problems, it still shutters around. maybe by now it is a hardware issue... still I hope they find a way to make general control smoother.... I still think I am missing saomething

exactly same problem here. in Il2 and X52 PRO you need 100 value on any position of the X52 joystick curves so you can fly 1:1 with your stick. all other values make you a hard time with even engine tourque on p.e. me109 !!!

In CLiffs i must fly with 45 degree aileron right for STRAIGHT with axis on max sensitivity in addition to heavily delayed input.

How i can shoot and hit in deflection like this? NO WAY! I struggle around and i am too late with input all time.

THE DEADZONE/RESONSE AROUND CENTER OF STICK IS STILL TOO BIG for X52(pro) as it was with il2 on "usual " curves. IL2 all at 100 and 1:1 response!

PLZ we need smthg for HELP! X52 is popular stick! PLZ HELP! and it is no hardware issue.there is no game out atm that stutters with my sys.....

jimbop
04-01-2011, 05:00 AM
How is everyone finding the throttle response? I have not played much yet (just fiddling with settings) but I did notice that my X52 Pro throttle movement had little bearing on the engine much of the time. And sometimes zero response on the little throttle graphic at bottom left.

tjhowse
04-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I had to go into my throttle settings and adjust the bars to 0% and 100% before I got a 1:1 relationship between my X52's throttle and the throttle ingame. It seems it's set up stupidly by default.

I have Psycho_Ch!cken's problem. There is about 700ms of lag between any input and the result taking effect ingame. This includes the mouse, stick, throttle, joystick buttons and head tracking movement. It's mighty infuriating.

jimbop
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I had to go into my throttle settings and adjust the bars to 0% and 100% before I got a 1:1 relationship between my X52's throttle and the throttle ingame. It seems it's set up stupidly by default.

I have Psycho_Ch!cken's problem. There is about 700ms of lag between any input and the result taking effect ingame. This includes the mouse, stick, throttle, joystick buttons and head tracking movement. It's mighty infuriating.

Thanks, worked well. I don't notice input lag on my machine, just the annoying stutter.

MD_Titus
10-12-2011, 05:52 PM
*indulges in thread necromancy*

i know this is an old one but so far a search has proved fruitless - does anyone have any tips for altering the joystick sensitivity? not really after a 1:1 response, as i'm a bit hamfisted around the centre of movement, especially with rudder control on my twisty x-52 pro (with the magnet mod). i'm more looking for a way to alter them much as in 1946, whereby you could adjust input curves to give a lesser response around the centre but respond nearer to 1:1 further out.
for example, these are the elevator and aileron settings i have in 1946 -
1X=0 80 82 85 87 90 92 95 97 100 102 0 0
1Y=0 80 82 85 87 90 92 95 97 100 102 0 0