PDA

View Full Version : Buggy controls?

JG52Uther
03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Anyone else having problems with controls? Sometimes they work,sometimes they don't!
Throttle,pitch,assigning buttons to flaps,undercarriage etc.Assigned correctly,but not working.

ZaltysZ
03-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Anyone else having problems with controls? Sometimes they work,sometimes they don't!
Throttle,pitch,assigning buttons to flaps,undercarriage etc.Assigned correctly,but not working.

Have you turned anthropomorphic setting on? It won't allow you to use some combinations of controls at the same time. Keep in mind, if you have very jittery axis, game might think that you are using particular control all the time and block other controls.

FlyingShark
03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, sometimes they work, sometimes the sliders get stuck halfway.
I tried to assign fire button to my joystick but it only worked once, after firing a salvo, I had to use spacebar again for the next one.

~S~

Wutz
03-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Well my game does next to not recognise my joystick, only thing that works is the throttel, the rest does not react at all, no x-, y-, or z-achses, non of the firing buttons, that has to be done at the moment all with the keyboard....in IL2 you could at least test if your joystick was being recognised, no go with CoD, also setting you type in are not being saved, next start and they are all back to the standard setting again.....

FlyingShark
03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
I tried to assign fire button to my joystick but it only worked once, after firing a salvo, I had to use spacebar again for the next one.

~S~
OK, I got it working, the fire button you have to choose somewhere downwards, it's not the second line where you see "fire selected weapon" it's somewhere else downwards (I forgot the exact name but you'll find it).

For sliders, choose zero under where you can increase or decrease the something after selecting the slider (once again I forgot the name but you'll find it).

~S~

SEE
03-31-2011, 06:00 PM

~S~

Same here with my X52 throttle. Works for a few seconds then gets stuck in a random position. Stuck on trying to resolve it...:(

JG52Uther
03-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Same here with my X52 throttle. Works for a few seconds then gets stuck in a random position. Stuck on trying to resolve it...:(

Yes this is what is happening with my saitek throttle quadrant.

Wutz
03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Yes this is what is happening with my saitek throttle quadrant.
Seems to be a few people whos Saitek joysticks do not work properly.
I have tried a few things, but only the throttel is working the rest is just plain dead. Although it works perfectly with IL2-1946

addman
03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Turn anthropomorphic setting off in the realism settings panel.

Psycho_Ch!cken
03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
For those with Joystick problems, you likely need to go into the Axes section of the controls and rebind anything you might use. For whatever reason, it defaults to a random selection of Joystick, Joystick 1 and Joystick 2 bindings, and only those set to Joystick will work. I have no idea why this is, but if you rebind the problematic ones, everything works.

JG52Uther
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Turn anthropomorphic setting off in the realism settings panel.
For me this seems to have solved it for now!