PDA

View Full Version : Non Linear throttle response

Flashman
03-31-2011, 09:54 AM
So far I have been trying the SPitfire and Hurricane but I can't get to grips with the throttle!

For whatever reason the throttle is non linear. I move my throttle (a Saitek Throttle Quadrant) and once it gets to around 40% position the Spit or Hurris throttle jumps forwards.

I can see this in the settings screen. How do I have a linear throttle response? I want the throttle on the screen to roughly match the position of my actual controller, I dont want it suddenly jumping right up!

This does not make for smooth flying. Anyone got any ideas how to 'fix' this?

Cheers.

Toaster
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
ive seen a few videos of the game and i noticed that there Engine RPM kept jumping up and down but i just put it down to the pilots uselessness but looks like i was wrong...

Looks like another bug on an ever lasting list atm :(

TheGrunch
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Change the 'Sensitivity' slider to 0 for the throttle axis.

Wolf_Rider
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
also look @ the 0% and 100% limits

need to set the top limit to 100%, as it defaults to 0%

minus10
03-31-2011, 10:16 AM
I have a G940 and had the same issue. Control-Options-Axes Category: Aircraft

I fixed it by having the throttle axis selected and then adjusting the 100% position to 1.00.

On the right you will see two bars 'Out: In:'

As you adjust the throttle I see In: go from 1:00 to -1:00 (0 centred) and Out: from 0 to 1.10.

With 100% Position at 0 I see the non-linear response where at In: 0.76 I see Out: 0.38 and then as I push the throttle forward Out: jumps up.

Flashman
03-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Solved: Grunch put me onto the right track.

There is no slider specifically marked 'sensitivity' but there are two called '0% position' and '100% position'.

For some reason (and I don't know if this is default) my throttle, and throttle only hasd a '100% position' figure of 0. I changed this to 90 (best for my throllte, experiment) and it works fine now.

thanks Grunch.

EDIT: Wolf is right on the money. You must have been typing whilst I was! Cheers.

Moggy
03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Also Flashman, what you've described is common with Saitek throttle quadrants. If the above doesn't work then you could have dirt or debris in the quadrant itself. My quadrant goes nuts when moving through the 25% mark, no matter what game I'm playing. I haven't found the courage yet to take the quadrant apart and have a look inside.

Flashman
03-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Also Flashman, what you've described is common with Saitek throttle quadrants. If the above doesn't work then you could have dirt or debris in the quadrant itself. My quadrant goes nuts when moving through the 25% mark, no matter what game I'm playing. I haven't found the courage yet to take the quadrant apart and have a look inside.

I took one of mine apart once because of spiking.... didnt help much! The Potentiometers are quite cheap and nasty and I couldnt clean mine or anything to make it work better.

I just bought a new one, though my original one was one of the very first (i preordered it before release) so its quite old and had a lot of use.

TheGrunch
03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Oh, sorry! I mixed up the Throttle sliders with the ones for the stick. Noticed a bug whereby if you change the Aileron Sensitivity and click apply, then re-enter the Controls menu, one of the Throttle Position sliders is altered as well, must've got mixed up because of that.

Wolf_Rider
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
here's a screenie

TeeJay82
03-31-2011, 12:21 PM
omg i tried to click apply when i enlaged your image... time for a break from the computer

Kianoni
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
this is quite a bummer, all those config screens are a bit confusing and there's absolutely no documentation how to play with the settings.. hoping for a better future.. (got mine setup about right but still some hints how to do this should be available ingame instead of "100% xxx" sliders)

Kianoni
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
this is quite a bummer, all those config screens are a bit confusing and there's absolutely no documentation how to play with the settings.. hoping for a better future.. (got mine setup about right but still some hints how to do this should be available ingame instead of "100% xxx" sliders)

blah! I missed the tooltips at first, read them and play around..

Wolf_Rider
04-02-2011, 06:26 AM
well, we know what deadzones are....

0% Position is the throttle @ 0 and 100% Position is the throttle @ it's maximum move to full throttle

OUT = the throttle ingame
IN = the physical throttle you have on your desktop