PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Hotas Warthog?

Winger
03-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Works well. Performs good? Any experiences would be appreciated.

Winger

Raggz
03-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Yes, i do. It works just fine. Thought it was quite stiff at first on default settings but after tweaking sensitivity in controls settings it now performs incredible :)

Matt255
03-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I use one since last november. Works perfectly in RoF.

But i guess you want to know something about people using the Warthog in CloD, so i can't answer that yet.

Flanker35M
03-30-2011, 09:04 AM
S!

Using Warthog with Cliffs Of Dover. Works fine, just could have some more rotaries for controls having this(trims etc).

Cowboy10uk
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Never thought I would hear someone asking for more controls for the Warthog, Cant we just use the top Hat button for trim like all the other sims. Also can anyone tell me if it sees more than one control, Im planning to use my warthog, BUT i was also thinking about plugging my saitek proflight throttle in, to give me 3 more levers for the Mix, prop pitch etc.

mmmmm Actully by wanting to plug in another control, IM saying the warthog needs ore ( DooooHHHH)

Cowboy10uk

Flanker35M
03-30-2011, 09:15 AM
S!

In this regard Cougar was better, had more rotaries. But it is not that hard to set up Warthog either. You never have enough controls ;)

adonys
03-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I saw in IL2 CoD's control settings screen some actions having Keyboard modifiers to Joystick inputs (like CTRL + Joystick 1 X), so you should be allowed to add your own too.

This means there's an easy way to eyther use keyboard's CTRL/ALT/SHIFT with joystick's inputs, or even do some programming and actually map those keys on some joystick buttons, and have them triggered from the Joystick too.

Raggz
03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I set the trims to the trim hat on the stick. Works fine but not as smooth as a rotary but it's not a problem.

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
yep works very well but i find the in game is a bit behind ..lag i guess ,,

O_TaipaN
04-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Winger,

I guess that means you haven't done a TARGET mapping yet?

I haven't really setup my joystick either, due to being upset with the Sims performance.. I didn't want to go through and spend all that time doing the mapping in TARGET.

Any of you other guys manage a good TARGET script mapping yet?

Wolf_Rider
04-06-2011, 06:47 AM
couldn't get Target to accept the launcher.exe

scissorss
04-06-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm jealous. I want that warthog setup but cannot justify the purchase with the wife. And I can't exactly buy it discreetly like I can a video card which hides inside the computer. Anyways I have a baby Thrustmaster. The T-Flight HOTAS. Solid, accurate, durable, and very reasonably priced.

Raggz
04-06-2011, 07:06 AM
couldn't get Target to accept the launcher.exe

Did you make a profile?
If so, care to share? :)

Wolf_Rider
04-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Oops, sorry... wrong game... it was FC22 I meant

O_TaipaN
04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Oops, sorry... wrong game... it was FC22 I meant

Checkout warthogworld.com

There are some profiles there.

Scarecrow
04-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm using am advanced Target script, very basic no rads or other stuff yet. It works ok I run my script before starting the game but I don't use Target to start the game or autoload the script as some seem to be talking about, didn't even know you could that.
The Hogstick has quite an obtrusive centre detent and if the devs get the FFB working I'll probably go back to using my G940 stick and Warthog throttle like I do for IL2. The lack of rotaries is a drawback, even with my modded x45 "pot box" I'm still considering saving up for a Ch throttle quad to add into my setup.

O_TaipaN
04-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm using am advanced Target script, very basic no rads or other stuff yet. It works ok I run my script before starting the game but I don't use Target to start the game or autoload the script as some seem to be talking about, didn't even know you could that.
The Hogstick has quite an obtrusive centre detent and if the devs get the FFB working I'll probably go back to using my G940 stick and Warthog throttle like I do for IL2. The lack of rotaries is a drawback, even with my modded x45 "pot box" I'm still considering saving up for a Ch throttle quad to add into my setup.

I haven't played much COD yet, but in all other sims I use the Warthog like below and I find it to be fine with only the one Rotary:
* Mic switch up and down for zoom
* Hat switch for trim (just like in the real warthog)
* Rotary for radiator opening/closing
* Boat switch back/forward for mixture

For COD I think I could use the china hat for the prop pitch, speed brake for speed brake, and flaps for flaps.

I wouldn't mind a SMALL throttle set that could help, like the Saitek that has 3 levers. Why are you leaning towards the CH instead of the Saitek? The CH is quite Bulky I think and not so good when you already have a massive Warthog throttle on the desk

Doc_uk
04-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Checkout warthogworld.com

There are some profiles there.
Theres no cliffs of dover profiles?
also im using the warthog, i fly the spitfire but for some reason my right wing keeps want to dip down all the time
anybody care to share there profiles, maby copy and past, it here?
regards
josh

Scarecrow
04-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I haven't played much COD yet, but in all other sims I use the Warthog like below and I find it to be fine with only the one Rotary:
* Mic switch up and down for zoom
* Hat switch for trim (just like in the real warthog)
* Rotary for radiator opening/closing
* Boat switch back/forward for mixture

For COD I think I could use the china hat for the prop pitch, speed brake for speed brake, and flaps for flaps.

I wouldn't mind a SMALL throttle set that could help, like the Saitek that has 3 levers. Why are you leaning towards the CH instead of the Saitek? The CH is quite Bulky I think and not so good when you already have a massive Warthog throttle on the desk

Certainly there isn't any real need to get more rotaries, but I love toys. Thinking about making a stand for the CH quad so that the levers would be pointing straight at me with the switches on top, this would be placed behind the Hog throttle. There are so many rotary options for Clod I just can't help but want to dive right into the deep end:grin: The only thing that is really necessary imho is to have elevator trim on a rotary but if you can; why not go nuts?

O_TaipaN
04-06-2011, 11:51 AM
If COD is your main sim then sure go for it.

For me though COD will probably only take 20% of my time, the majority being spent on ROF, and another 20% on DCS.

None of those other titles need more than one rotary, so I'd be reluctant to use desk space. But yeah if COD is your main love then you can have an awesome setup.

Also the Thrustmaster MFD button panels are a good addon if you put an overlay in, to cover all the additional functions you can't fit on your HOTAS, no need for a keyboard then.