PDA

View Full Version : Track IR in game

Ploughman
03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Ingame my track IR 4's twitchier than a rabbit at a lurcher convention. It's virtually impossible not to continually induce large ammounts of ingame head movement, it's like being falling over drunk. I've seen video of folk with nice and smooth head tracking. Anyone got any thoughts on how to chill track IR out?

cato_larsen
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Ingame my track IR 4's twitchier than a rabbit at a lurcher convention. It's virtually impossible not to continually induce large ammounts of ingame head movement, it's like being falling over drunk. I've seen video of folk with nice and smooth head tracking. Anyone got any thoughts on how to chill track IR out?

Yes, get trackIR 5 :)
Sorry... No I dont know about the nr 4, but hit F7?? Will it smooth out in the TIR delay? Maybe that is better for you??

LoBiSoMeM
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Maybe this follk with smooth HT have Freetrack?

Sorry, I cant resist! By the way: Freetrack works in this buggy game?

JG52Uther
03-29-2011, 08:43 PM
No idea mate,in CoD my TiR3 vector is the smoothest I have ever seen it!
In il2 it jerks around,in RoF it jerks around,in CoD its absolutely perfect!
I run a default profile if that helps.

JG52Krupi
03-29-2011, 08:49 PM
I take it you use the latest software?

CoNa
04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
So far we have not seen any official CoD profile from Naturalpoint.
It's not possible to set a specific profile.
I have updated the software of my v4 to 1.038.
Also looking at games supported there is no mentioning of CoD.
Looks like the old il-2 profiles are being used.

I'm seeing some issues with centering. Look sideways and then look back and quite often you won't be aligned with the sight anymore and have to hit re-center.

Rise of Flight had this problem before, but it was fixed from 2 or 3 patches ago.

meshuggahs
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm seeing some issues with centering. Look sideways and then look back and quite often you won't be aligned with the sight anymore and have to hit re-center.

Same here. Need to re-center quite often which is a hassle in combat.
Actual movement tracking seems fluid to me (well as fluid as the actual gameplay does now :rolleyes:).

Edit: thats with v5

SacaSoh
04-01-2011, 11:33 AM

I'm using freetrack and PS3 eye (125fps) with trackclip, and it was very twitch with my settings (working just perfect in il-2 1946 and RoF), so i lowered the sensivity and adjusted the curves and translation limits, and created a new profile, because now it too slow for il-1946 and RoF...

Jarsalla
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Freetrack is working like a treat with microsoft vx-1000 webcam and cap with 3 irleds. Works better than in LOMAC flaming cliffs where it would freeze if I enabled bacward zooming.

freeman2344
04-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Also far too twitchy here (using TIR4). FSX, IL2, DCS, RoF work like a charm...but this gives me headaches. I'm presuming it is due to the way the deadzones/borders within the cockpit are designed or atleast it feels that way to me. The stock tracking in CoD does not feel nearly as smooth for me as the 6DoF Mod did for IL-2, which is a real shame.

III/JG11_Simmox
04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
TIR4pro here with 5 drivers
smooth and faultless for me
using one to one profile smoothed a touch
need to shorten the zones a tad but its fine for me
the 6dof is very good
i use the reflectors and not the IR clip

airsheep
04-01-2011, 12:57 PM
yeah, this is my problem, too
so I use the 4.1.038 soft for my TR4, and I choosed the il2 profile
one more possibility:
i have calibrated the ctrl+f1 combination from the game (gunsight view) in a joy button -so if there isn't chance to shoot i'm using 6dof but when I'm in a good position to shoot it just push that button --it can help me a lot

brando
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
yeah, this is my problem, too
so I use the 4.1.038 soft for my TR4, and I choosed the il2 profile
one more possibility:
i have calibrated the ctrl+f1 combination from the game (gunsight view) in a joy button -so if there isn't chance to shoot i'm using 6dof but when I'm in a good position to shoot it just push that button --it can help me a lot

I suggest you switch up to the v.5 drivers. I'm finding the default IL-2 profile works well with a track-clip setup.

B

BadAim
04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I had a lot of trouble using the v5 drivers with IL2 (I have Tir4), is that fixed now? (I only ask because I want to use the v5 drivers for cod, if they work OK, but still would like to keep IL2 compatibility)

Squid_DK
04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
TIR4 here with the 5 series drivers, using the same profile I created for the DCS series, no issues and smooth as a bowling alley! As usual take the time needed to setup the peripherals.

Staffan

badaboom
04-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Hello,Trk IR 4,I constantly need to re-center my view in cockpit,What view in game will do this so I can map it to my X-52?

Thx!

III/JG11_Simmox
04-02-2011, 12:59 AM
its the otherway round mate
map F12 to your controller profile first
default center for TIR is F12
i also map pause function(F9) as well for the gunsight view(shiftF1)

badaboom
04-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Ahhh,I see,OK, Thx very much!
Cheers!

xnomad
04-02-2011, 05:22 AM
I'm on TIR5 and I also need to re-centre a lot during dogfights. Other than that it's all good.

ATAG_Dutch
04-02-2011, 12:06 PM

I had same problem and changed speed to 1 and smooth to 75. Much better.

This with TIR 5 though.

Then I left it on this setting for RoF and it would hardly move!

jimbop
04-02-2011, 12:31 PM

FT 6DOF working perfectly, don't worry.

CoNa
04-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I have asked naturalpoint about official trackir support and got this reply:

"With Oleg's rather sudden departure from 1C, we've been trying to reconnect with their dev team. He was kind of the heart and soul behind the process, in addition to the shot-caller, so things are a little murky now. We'd like to get a new profile up for CoD, but the change has to happen in their code. Right now, I can't promise "

So, if someone could contact them there might be some more fixes.

[RS]Boomer
04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Is is possible to zoom in with the head tracker like in il-2 1946? I don't like having to press a button to zoom in while in a fight. Sorry if this has been asked before.

III/JG11_Simmox
04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Boomer;251175']Is is possible to zoom in with the head tracker like in il-2 1946? I don't like having to press a button to zoom in while in a fight. Sorry if this has been asked before.

6dof lets you zoom somewhat by leaning forward,enough to read gauges and the like
zooming all the way in to gunsight view could be achievable but would require some serious curve adjustment on TIR and have a super steady head control

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 01:15 AM
TIR4 here with the 5 series drivers, using the same profile I created for the DCS series, no issues and smooth as a bowling alley! As usual take the time needed to setup the peripherals.

Staffan

hi can i have a copy of your trackir profile .if possible
thanks ..con:-P:-P

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM

Staffan

hi can i have a copy of your trackir profile .if possible , only problem ive got is i have to keep hitting centre all the time, its like its out of sink ..
thanks ..con:-P:-P

Tiger27
04-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Only problem I am having is the lack of vsync support at the moment, i hate the tearing when you pan around quickly, I use the same set up i use for ROF, although it is a little bit fast, so I might tweak it a bit.

III/JG11_Tiger

jimbop
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Only problem I am having is the lack of vsync support at the moment, i hate the tearing when you pan around quickly, I use the same set up i use for ROF, although it is a little bit fast, so I might tweak it a bit.

Tiger27, I was having the same tearing problem using Freetrack. See here for a solution that is working for me: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=251632#post251632

Il2Pongo
04-04-2011, 05:41 PM
track IR 5
vector clip
Win XP
it was haywire, but I worked on my monitor and camera geometry and it is very nice now, maybe a bit too twitchy, but deadly precise and I can see the compass on the Spit now!
that always bugged me in il2

Saintblu
04-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Another user mentioned killing the x y z axis in IR app...
Worked like a charm. So, just map the loosen straps to a joystick button and it should work out for you.
To zoom into the controls map a button to toggle FOV
Also disable head shake.

Ralith
04-24-2011, 12:52 AM
I too am finding clod much too sensitive to head tracking; it's almost as if it's ignoring the lower portion of my curves. It's also losing centering.

SEE
04-24-2011, 03:48 AM
FT users, I assign a key command (controlled by my POV) to toggle both X - Y axis at the sime time (Hot Key assignments in FT 'control' menu). I find switching to 4DOF stabilises the problem of 'off-centering' - you can instantly switch between 4DOF and 6DOF dependent on the sitution.

sigur_ros
04-24-2011, 10:05 AM
"We'd like to get a new profile up for CoD, but the change has to happen in their code. "

How much bet they only give new profile if use encrypted TrackIR interface? Bye bye FreeTrack support...