PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback poll ...

Lensman_1
03-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Hello.

Firstly please don't accuse me of complaining. I'm a bit surprised that Force Feedback is not included in this application as it was in IL-2 and I would dearly love to see it reinstated but the purpose of this post is to create a poll that might clarify to the developers how much priority this should have. Please, if you value FF then say so and likewise if you do not. I think FF is essential for immersion and certainly so if you've been using it for 10 years with IL-2 like a lot of us have. Speaking purely for myself (and the others that have expressed a desire on the other FF thread) I'd be extremely grateful if FF could be added to the future development schedule as a priority after getting the application running smoothly.

EDIT:

ASAP in the poll question means as soon as possible AFTER getting the application running smoothly. Sorry, I thought that was obvious but clearly I didn't make it so.

Strike
03-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Although I have a FFB setup and would like to use it I think there are more important matters the developers need to focus on now.

Kankkis
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Performance issues my priority nro.1 of course

Kankkis

TheEditor
03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
yeah WoP has it! You can't make that game look better.

Triggaaar
03-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Although I have a FFB setup and would like to use it I think there are more important matters the developers need to focus on now.I agree, so I'm not voting, as I would like it soon, but I know they have other things to to.

ICDP
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
You worded the question in such a way as to polarise the voting. If you had simply said:

"Should Force Feedback be added to COD?

You would not have got people thinking, "oh he wants the developers to work on this rather tan other more important things, I'm voting no".

I suggest reword the question if possible, don't make it a demand but a request.

kimosabi
03-29-2011, 05:43 PM
FFS I need my FFB. WTH am I supposed to do without FFB FFS?

TheEditor
03-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok maybe not asap but would like sometime.

gprr
03-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Was willing to have all of the incompleteness of the game and Steam !!!
But no FF is is a NO-GO for me:(
All the recent joysticks purchased in ny country fellows, were G940 and most IL2 community owns FF ones !!!

GP

Azimech
03-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Indeed. First the other problems, then FFB. But I voted yes anyway. I feel it's more important than a real weather/cloud system, more planes or more campaigns.

Extreme_One
03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Just imagine if you'd splashed out on a G940 in anticipation of this game only to find that the FF didn't work.

I love the FF on my cheap stick so I'd like FF added soon(ish) please, but of course overall performance should be #1 priority.

ATAG_Doc
03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Although I have a FFB setup and would like to use it I think there are more important matters the developers need to focus on now.

+1 indeed. Prioritize

Blackdog_kt
03-29-2011, 07:00 PM

I don't have FFB, i want you guys to have FFB since you obviously like it, but i'll go with the above quote.

I won't vote no because that's just mean, it's a useful feature for many.

I won't vote yes either, due to the "ASAP" part and the sense of urgency it conveys.

My opinion is FFB should be added when practically possible. Priority should be given to optimizations that are game critical and most of all, have an effect to all players.

For example, my trackIR 4 stopped working a while ago and i would like to have support for alternative head tracking solutions so that i won't be forced to buy a new one right away. However, i won't demand they give it top priority when there's other more important things like stutters to fix. I hope i'm making sense, i'm not attacking the viewpoint that FFB should be there, i just think there are bigger fish to fry currently :grin:

Richie
03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I voted yes because I know many people like FB sticks. I don't but I don't think it would be fair to vote no.

Gromic
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
... i would like to have support for alternative head tracking solutions...

AFAIK "alternative head tracking" already works. There's been mention of it by some friendly russian beta (sic) testers if I remember correctly.

Back OT, FFB effects would be nice and therefore I've also voted "yes" sans the "asap" as I do agree that there are more pressing issues.

Cheers

mazex
03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
I REALLY hate joining the whiners, but seriously - are you really sure the game has no FF effects? Do we have a confirmation on that? All sims the last 10+ years has had FF support, even the arcade flight games...

As a RL pilot I would never buy a non FF stick, as "feeling" the air through the stiffness of the control surfaces is a vital feedback IRL especially when flying aerobatics and on the "edge of the envelope" like you do all the time in a game like this.

But if this is really true they sure should focus on critical bugs first - but not having FF support in the ultimate prop sim is naturally just silly! I can just see the sarcastic comments by reviewers with expensive systems like the G940 that are useless!

Sven
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
I like FFB, I have a G940, but I can miss it, you can adjust yours to have a little centring spring force, which pretty much acts like a normal joystick, top priority is performance and hardware optimalisation!

bw_wolverine
03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm surprised they didn't just bring over IL-2's FFB. That was good enough for me,

Though, I do like BoBII's FFB a lot as well.

ICDP
03-29-2011, 08:29 PM
On the G940 Cliffs of Dover gives nothing but 100% stick centering force. It cannot be setup with a seperate game specific FF profile because that doesn't work unless the game says "hey I support FF". Since CoD doesn's support FF, it goes to default setting that comes from your game controllers settings in Windows. Now you could setup the windows game controller settings with less force feedback but then that will apply to ALL games at the same time.

So the only option is to constantly change your Joystick FF settings each time you play different sims.

Qpassa
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Obviously YES

Necrobaron
03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Wait, the game doesn't ship with FFB support?!

Lensman_1
03-29-2011, 08:52 PM
People ...
I did state in my text accompanying the poll question:

'I'd be extremely grateful if FF could be added to the future development schedule as a priority after getting the application running smoothly. '

I then phrased the poll question with asap at end presuming that you'd link the two. In other words asap means AFTER getting the app running smoothly (etc). You guys are HARD to please ... ;)

ParaB
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
I've retired my trusty SWFF2 for a HOTAS Warthog but see no reason why FF shouldn't be added to the sim for those who use FF sticks.

mazex
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm surprised they didn't just bring over IL-2's FFB. That was good enough for me,

+1

The FF in IL2 is just fine. Nothing fancier than that is needed. But - adding again for those that did not read my original post, AFTER optimizing and fixing the bugs etc...

kingpinda
03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
On the G940 Cliffs of Dover gives nothing but 100% stick centering force. It cannot be setup with a seperate game specific FF profile because that doesn't work unless the game says "hey I support FF". Since CoD doesn's support FF, it goes to default setting that comes from your game controllers settings in Windows. Now you could setup the windows game controller settings with less force feedback but then that will apply to ALL games at the same time.

So the only option is to constantly change your Joystick FF settings each time you play different sims.

OR in my case since i don't ever enable centering spring in my FFB games... What you could do is set the required centering spring amount in the global profile and then if you play IL2 you enable the centering spring and check the use exclusively or global thingy. If you want to play something else just uncheck the centering spring and uncheck use exclusively. 2 boxes I think you need to check or uncheck.

edit: hmm I reread your bit... maybe you are right.. I have not got this quite figured out yet. I have to wait and see if its as easy as I originally assumed.

People ...
I then phrased the poll question with asap at end presuming that you'd link the two. In other words asap means AFTER getting the app running smoothly (etc). You guys are HARD to please ... ;)

As soon as humanly possible doesnt quite convey what you meant :p Ok Ok I added the humanly bit..

ICDP
03-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Well after some testing it seems the G940 cannot be turned down for softer spring centering unless the game tells it. CoD is full spring tension constantly, precision flying is not an option :(

kingpinda
03-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Well after some testing it seems the G940 cannot be turned down for softer spring centering unless the game tells it. CoD is full spring tension constantly, precision flying is not an option :(

aah damn... that sucks big time... what are we supposed to do then? full tension is WAY too powerfull for me... am i supposed to disconnect power to my device?

BANZAI
03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Of course YES! Are you kidding or what?:evil:

Koala63
03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah well I logged in and voted YES and then noticed that the total of YES votes had remained unchanged but there was one more NO vote. DoH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm lost without pre-stall feedback and love the take-off/landing feedback.

Is the force feedback functionality linked to sound? If so, the unfinished nature of the sounds may perhaps shine a little light on why FFB is not there?

Falke
03-29-2011, 11:40 PM
No FFB! Amazing. What next.

titus
03-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Not *ASAP*
As I see it, they have other things to fix that are more important at the moment.

dreamofire
03-30-2011, 02:16 AM
I think FF is already built in 'cause there is FF=1 in config.ini, but dunno why it doesn't work...

JG27_PapaFly
03-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Is the pope a catholic?

ICDP
03-30-2011, 07:32 AM
I think FF is already built in 'cause there is FF=1 in config.ini, but dunno why it doesn't work...

It doesn't work because contrary to what you might think, FF is not built in :)

Kankkis
03-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Now i'm really worried, i have G940 and if i cannot change Centering Spring from windows, i cannot fly, really shame.

Kankkis

T}{OR
03-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Indeed. First the other problems, then FFB. But I voted yes anyway. I feel it's more important than a real weather/cloud system, more planes or more campaigns.

Same here.

JG301_HaJa
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
I have the G940 also and if I can't make a separate profile as I have for all other
sim's and the stick goes 100% centerforce then it will not be usable and I'll have to ditch
COD for the time beeing. I can't go around and buy new sticks for every sim that comes out now can I :D It's bloody expensive as it is.

III/JG11_Simmox
03-30-2011, 07:57 AM
luckily i have a few sticks to use in the meantime
but as alot of users have ffb sticks only id suggest it is a priority,if they cant fly?
any one tried importing the IL246 ffb folder?

anyway,yes, from me

Eklund89
03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Now i'm really worried, i have G940 and if i cannot change Centering Spring from windows, i cannot fly, really shame.

Kankkis

You can pull out the electric plug from the joystick and it will work without any forces.

JG301_HaJa
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Yes, but then it goes limp and youll have to hold it steady at all times.

Pike
03-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Dear All,

Looks like my previous message went awry. But I am very surprised that FF is not supported......I really thought it would be. I was going to buy a 940 from logiteck in preparation for this game but fortunately I had not done it yet. So I think I will stick with my trusty old MFFB2 for the time being. Looks like I will be playing IL-2, lockon and RoF for a little while yet. I will buy CLoD but will not play it until this gets sorted out. Could I just ask the developers what possessed them in the first place as to deciding that they would not support FF? I would have thought that it was all too obvious that FF would be around for some time to come....especially when one of the most recent and best sims (RoF) to be released on the market does support it.
Regards,
Pike.

mwolf
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Well I have G 940 /msff2 before/, and I need my ff to feeeellll, I can watch and play good loking games and sims but I want to feelll CloD as it should be.

CharveL
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
My take:

1) They intended to implement FFB but rushed the release date and it got put on a backburner

2) I seriously doubt you could copy over the FFB files from IL2 as I'm sure they're linked to flight parameters that are completely different and more complex than IL2

3) I think they will put it in once they get this first performance patch out of the way considering how important it is to a good chunk of the playerbase so it may be weeks before we see it unless they've already got most of it together and just need to tweak it.

4) MSFFB2 should still work with just centering force so I'm hoping it's at least playable in the meantime considering I have 3 MSFFB sticks and no others.

DD_crash
03-30-2011, 02:40 PM
I know that Oleg isnt a fan of FFB :( If he felt that it was important then it would be in now.

Sully_pa
03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Could I just ask the developers what possessed them in the first place as to deciding that they would not support FF?

I think they were thinking about it as it's a setting in the config FF=1 it just dosent work.
My MSFFB2 works fine in the sim just no FFB for now ....I'm sure it will come in due time.

Hatch
03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Well no FFB is a dealbreaker for me.

So no sale.
Pity.

Can I presume it hasn't even been tested with a G940 then? :shock:

Lensman_1
03-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Well ... even bearing in mind that more people hoping to use FF will read this thread than those who aren't (would you open a thread about FF if you don't use it?) there's still 130+ people very unhappy that it's not functional.
If anyone from the development team is reading this then please, when time allows, implement FF and make a large number of purchasers happy.
Thank you.

Gourmand
04-20-2011, 07:35 AM
now the patch optimize the FPS, i hope the dev can debug their FFB,
many of people i know wait the FFB feature to buy the game...
we need FFB !!!

Wolf_Rider
04-20-2011, 07:41 AM
more patches to go yet

322Sqn_Dusty
04-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Personally I've never flown with FFB. For the FFB jocks it should be implemented(i can imagine that it's very handy to feel the plane stall). Fps, multicore, input lag, Xfire/Sli and multiplayer should be done first. You need to play before you can feel....

306_Tomit
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
As for me, a flight simulator released in 2011 without force feadback a stupid joke. Playing in such a crippled and bugged the title is masochism This game should not be in this state to go to the shops. No FF is a joke, I wonder how you took no joystick support at all?

Seavee
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Absolutely it should be added ASAP after the higher priority bug fixes and optimizations.

For anyone who has tried FFB in games where its well implemented (ROF, BoBII) it is a real immersion killing omission NOT having it in CoD.

grunge
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
+1! FFB needed very badly! :)

Glidej
04-21-2011, 01:42 AM
The sim with the latest patch is now playable with the exception of no FF. You cannot "feel" the plane therefore combat is not possible. It's a game killer for me. So far I've only tested combat and flown around to enjoy the scenery. Fantastic potential. I can't wait to actually get into the campaign but I will definitely wait for FF. Anybody know of new FF joystick worth buying? MS FF2 is still the only one I've used that is good. Tried older Saitek and Logitech(don't think they make one anymore) but they were terrible. I've replaced most switches in my MS FF 2 and keep a few triggers(the one switch that is hard to find) for spares.

frenchfly
04-21-2011, 02:26 AM
Guys if you want to play without the crazy centering spring forces with G940.

1. download force test (http://www.fs-force.com/support.htm)

2. Go into Logitech control panel and set spring effect strength to 30-40%. Un-check enable centering spring.

3. Start force test program and check spring center to engage your settings

4. Close force test program and your ready for CLOD minus the workout.

Cheers