PDA

View Full Version : Describe issues with BOB COD that need patch - for Oleg, Luthier

Pages : [1] 2

nearmiss
03-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks to furbs for starting this thread

Use this thread to consolidate issues with BOB COD you have noticed.

Please make sensible constructive postings only.

Be precise as possible, and test your findings to make sure you are reporting accurately.

You want a patch that fixes stuff, then share good information.

Discussion is OK between members just maintain on topic with constructive sensible discussion.

Include your system specs with all postings.

Do not post rants, whines and general complaints.

Off Topic in this thread will strictly be enforced.

Rote Dreizehn
03-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Dear Nearmiss, Oleg and Developer,

from my Side i noticed the following things:

- you can fly through tree´s without any damage
- you dive with your plane at a Speed of 700 KM and pull hard the Elevator without
broken Wings. (Structual Damage)
- The Processor Affinity Mask should be set correctly (this increases the perf)
- Sound of Weapon can be better.

I really enjoy your COD. Its the next Milestone for a Flight Simulator. Thanks
a lot!! I really hope that Oleg will continue to develope Flight Simulators!!
Dont be angry about these damn Whiners, they never heard about Objects
and Classes :-)

Greets,
Rote Dreizehn.

tomandre81
03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Stutter heavy when closing in on other planes. Allso heavy stutter when you get closer to cities / buildings.
Crash physics looks bad
A bit laber speed feeling when you are close to the ground and are going for 400 km\h

BobTuck
03-28-2011, 07:46 PM
from my Side i noticed the following things:

- Sound of Weapon can be better.

Sorry, but I beg to differ.

I like the sound of the weapons!

BobTuck.

Targ
03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Game crashes to desk top 1/3 of time when saving changes to graphics settings.

AA does not work in game even when forced via GPU software.

Engines sound in BF110 go away when flying low on the deck over GB. Come back when altitude raises.

Talbot
03-28-2011, 09:25 PM
working SLI/crossfire

BobTuck
03-29-2011, 12:28 AM
two small black lines on the screen, one centre top and the other right middle.

BobTuck.

nearmiss
03-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Stutter heavy when closing in on other planes. Allso heavy stutter when you get closer to cities / buildings.
Crash physics looks bad
A bit laber speed feeling when you are close to the ground and are going for 400 km\h

Stutter can be caused my alot of hardware issues, when the COD is being used.

You should probably post your system specs, because any troubleshooter will need that information.

MugiSNK
03-29-2011, 12:47 AM

You should probably post your system specs, because any troubleshooter will need that information.

That stutter is the reason why everyone complained about this game. Not sure if this is caused by the filter (Is going to be an option, update is coming 30th March)

nearmiss
03-29-2011, 12:48 AM
working SLI/crossfire

?????

:confused::confused::confused:

nearmiss
03-29-2011, 12:48 AM

BobTuck.

System Specs please...

Thee_oddball
03-29-2011, 02:20 AM
during the past 2 days i have been testing various scenarios and one item that is large and glaring is the fact that ANY mission with a JU88 brings my system to a halt...whether they are near or far, on the whole there is something going on with the German aircraft :( i was just in a 36 plane furball (QMB) and had an avg fps of 43 over water with my in game setting's at medium and my vid card set to 2x on my AA/AF (I was flying a hurri)
I started another QMB with 32 planes (over water) and my FPS was 16 :( (i was in a 110) but as soon as i switched all the German planes out for English ones (twin engine) my FPS went back up to 40 :)
Now i completely disabled sound to see if that was the issue but got the exact same results :( in short if i fly a 110 (in 32 plane QMB) i get 16 fps if i change to a 109 i get 30 if i change to a Blenheim i get 40 :)

S!

nBiga
03-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Hi, i saw that the Stars go through the plane, cockpit and everything!

nBiga
03-29-2011, 02:41 AM

BobTuck.

Same here!

CharveL
03-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Force feedback!

Capt Backasswards
03-29-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm getting this with the most current drivers on my 470 GTX video card.

system specs:
Gigabyte motherboard GA-870A-UD3
6 GB Crucial DDR3
AMD Phenom X4 965
700 watt Corsair power supply
Nvidia GeForce 470 GTX driver version 266.58
Win XP SP3
all drivers up to date

No problem at all with rendering in Rise of Flight, IL2 Sturmovik 1946 or Crysis 2.

Rick

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/Richard1955/shot_20110328_222425.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/Richard1955/shot_20110328_222536.jpg

nearmiss
03-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Force feedback!

:confused: what :confused: is :confused: your :confused: question?

Strike
03-29-2011, 04:59 AM

I guess what he is saying, and what I've collected during the many hours I've been reading these forums, is that users are experiencing no force-feedback effects. The self-centering "spring" effect that uses the FFB motors to center the stick works, but there are no shaking effects for gunfire/turbulence/vibrations/stalls or increasing resistance for increased airspeed etc...

Royraiden
03-29-2011, 05:01 AM
I dont have the game so I apologize if Im not supposed to have a say here but I will try.From what I ve seen so far (maybe due to the whole anti epileptic filter) the joysticks(actual joysticks inside the cockpits) seem to move with some lag.Can anyone that has the game confirm?If yes well theres another bug, although it shouldnt be high in the priority list right now.

Mingan
03-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Black line problem as described before.

Heavy stuttering near other planes, worse if using narrower field of view.

Disappearing wings on some British bomber, I was chasing one and it lost it's wings (I didn't shoot it) and after some time they were back.

Intel Pentium E5200, Geforce GTX 460 768MB, 4GB DDR2, Windows 7 x64.

JG52Uther
03-29-2011, 06:51 AM

BobTuck.
Can confirm this, small and thin lines.
The game is quite smooth on my system,getting around 22 fps in cockpit,over 30 in outside views.Attacking bombers is ok until I get within about .50 then it turns into a slideshow,especially in zoomed in view.Sure some of it is due to MY lack of optimisation though.

Edit: after playing around a bit more,I am getting 30 fps + in cockpit in the Hurri Vs G50 mission.The fps start off very low though,and get better after 10-20 seconds (textures loading or something? no idea)

|ZUTI|
03-29-2011, 07:33 AM
External sounds for BF109, Spit and Hurricane.

I am only writing this because, for example, G.50 sounds are very very nice, also Blenheim etc. But for mentioned ones, at least for me, they sound as in original IL2.

And there is this exception that I came across at one time:
http://www.shrani.si/?2k/12M/4JnRgdW9/error.png

Cheers.

*Buzzsaw*
03-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello Oleg and Luthier

Thankyou very much for a wonderful new Sim... :)

I don't own the game yet, but from watching other players videos I can see several bugs.

In the video below at 9:55, you can see a player opens the 109 cockpit at 350 km per hour. This would be impossible to do with the air pressure, and if you managed, it would tear the cockpit off the plane. The player said he had full realism on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnADD3fnpiw&feature=player_detailpage

*Buzzsaw*
03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
(continued)

In the video below, the Spitfire pilot opens his canopy at 10:05 and looks out at 160 knots. This would buffet the player's head around tremendously, there is no sign of that in the video, all realism was supposed to be on.

Thankyou for your patience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEcYjc0KpE4&feature=player_detailpage

David198502
03-29-2011, 08:34 AM
yesterday i tried to land on an french airfield.but i didnt know where my brakes are so i rolled over the airfield and came to a stop in a field, where the grass was higher.i recognized that the grass appeard in my cockpit as well.looked pretty strange.but its only a minor bug, which is not that important.

MadBlaster
03-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Big purple artifact on the landscape in some of the videos that have been posted.

adonys
03-29-2011, 09:29 AM
- heavy FPS drop when closing in to He111 plane
- black lines on water (looks like there's a tear in the mesh between rectangular water patches) (ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 with 500 MB VRAM, 10.4 Catalyst version with all options set on performance)
- missing 87 0815 Hawkindge Attack_ru.briefing (only russian one) from the german campaign
- game not correctly saving/loading the Realism/Aircraft Switching settings (was setting them all off, then after entering the training first mission, the first 5 of then were set back to on)
- missing Force Feedback effects (with FF set on 1 in conf.ini, there was no FF effect on firing guns for example) (MSFF2 joystick)
- a little black vertical line that appear on all the test areas of the screen (cursor artefact?!!)

shane
03-29-2011, 09:53 AM
here is what i have found:
-On low and very low objects details, there is a second green handgrip that appear on the cockpit. all the time.
-there is always a little black vertical line that appear on the right area of the screen, where the text "FLAPS, UNDERCARRIAGE, etc.. " i think this black line is an little problem with the text function. this problem occurs equally with the text that appear from the radio subtitles on the top of the screen. when a text appear, some time after, this little black vertical line appear equally.
-when approaching a group of bombers, i have enormous lack of fps when i'm under 300meters approximately.
-there is no collisions with all the trees on the ground.
-when using the record video from the show replay track, the video include a phantom of the cockpit, always it's first position. so the record video function is not usable.
tested with differents codecs. the problem always occurs.
-some replays works perfectly, and some freezes after some times. i have ont of the mission 3 that freezes after 3mn54s. i just do a gentle turn at 30° and the game start to slow down it's fps , so with in next 3 or 4 seconds le game show 0,5 or 0,25fps then seems to be entirely freezed. but if i hit escape key, i return to the replay menu without problems.
but these replays are never been visible entirely, the crashes occurs always at the same time. if you want, tell me and i send you this replay (5Mb approximately).
--when modifying the time of day on the FMB, the mission start always at 23h59 except for 9h00 and 12h00.
-when modifiying the graphics settings and a message tell me to restart the game to set the new parameters, the game close, then crahes and is not able to restart automatically. i must click on the error message and restart manually th game. not very important, but seems to be strange.

My specs:
Motherboard gigabyte P55A UD4, Core I5 750 OC to 3,36Ghz 8Gb of DDR3 PC1600 memory, Geforce GTX 580 1,5Gb drivers nvidia 266.58, windows 7 64bits home premium.
SSD Crucial C300 64Gb, HDD 1To hitachi/IBM.
Case Antec P182, Power supply Antec truepower 750w bronze.
Palo CH Pooducts Pro pedals, Sidewinder FFB2

Mingan
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
i recognized that the grass appeard in my cockpit as well.looked pretty strange.but its only a minor bug, which is not that important.

That's not a bug - it's the way 3D rendering works. I think it would be hard (and useless) to make dynamic grass.

Raggz
03-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I also have the black lines. Also black lines from exploding FLAK.

Using Nvidia 267.31 drivers.

Ctrl E
03-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Please use jafa's external sounds for the Merlin and Daimler Benz. He's the man when it comes to sounds.

Strike
03-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Also black lines from exploding FLAK.

I think that's supposed to be a visual effect of shrapnel. Even though in RL you wouldn't see it I believe. It may actually serve as a "bullet" so that if you get struck by the black line, it deals damage like a bullet. Don't know. Would be cool if the explosion served as a pressure center, throwing the plane around, and the shrapnel was what did the long-range damage.

Mingan
03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
After landing and stopping, the sound of wheels rolling on ground or something just does not stop. Tried with integrated sound card (AC97) and Creative Sound Blaster.

Strelok16
03-29-2011, 01:20 PM
My game isn't playable at all, It starts up fine, but I only get a black screen when I try to start missions. sounds seem to load and play fine. Pilot and aircraft options screens are just black as well.

My specs:

NVidia 8800 GTS, 266.58 drivers
AMD Anthlon 64 FX-60 2.61 GHz
2 gigs RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

tomandre81
03-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Dual Quad Core 2,4 ghz 4 GB Ram. GT9800 with 1GB RAM. 4 GB Ram. Windows 7 32 bit.

I will get a new computer next week:

Intel Core? i7 Hexa Processor i7-970
Hexa Core, 3,2Ghz, Socket 1366, 12MB, QPI: 4,8GT/s

Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 6GB CL9
Kit w/3x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, for Core i7

Gainward GeForce GTX 460 2GB PhysX CUDA
PCI-Express 2.0, "Golden Sample - GS", GDDR5, 2xDV

Corsair SSD Force Series? F120, 120GB
SATA2, 2,5", 285MB/275MB/s read/write, incl 2,5" t

I think I will install Windows 7 64 bits with this machine.

Can be interesting to find out if it helps with the stuttering

Is the patch coming to all versions? A friend of mine pre-ordered the Steam version

rpgielow
03-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I guess what he is saying, and what I've collected during the many hours I've been reading these forums, is that users are experiencing no force-feedback effects. The self-centering "spring" effect that uses the FFB motors to center the stick works, but there are no shaking effects for gunfire/turbulence/vibrations/stalls or increasing resistance for increased airspeed etc...

Hey Strike !!! Our systems hardware are quite the same but I am still waiting for steam launch at 31st. Can you tell me how the game is running and the level of details that you can afford with your machine???

I ask because most posts here are from people with outdated rigs hardware. It's important to have feedback from high level machines so we can decide if its possible to run this game with hardware available at stores or if we have to wait a year for better GPUs and processors.

Thanks

David198502
03-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I dont have the game so I apologize if Im not supposed to have a say here but I will try.From what I ve seen so far (maybe due to the whole anti epileptic filter) the joysticks(actual joysticks inside the cockpits) seem to move with some lag.Can anyone that has the game confirm?If yes well theres another bug, although it shouldnt be high in the priority list right now.

i can confirm the lag of sticks inside the cockpit.but may its only my crappy pc.

Fragal
03-29-2011, 02:54 PM
My game isn't playable at all, It starts up fine, but I only get a black screen when I try to start missions. sounds seem to load and play fine. Pilot and aircraft options screens are just black as well.

My specs:

NVidia 8800 GTS, 266.58 drivers
AMD Anthlon 64 FX-60 2.61 GHz
2 gigs RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

hey strelok,
found this on sukhoi.ru if you install the 257.21 nvidia drivers it should fix it

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=67830&p=1572774&viewfull=1#post1572774

seems to be an issue on 8800 - 9800 cards seeing as i have an 8800 gts too i would love to find out if this works :) i'll be buying a new card eventually but for now i'm stuck with the 8800.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver-uk.html

Strike
03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey Strike !!! Our systems hardware are quite the same but I am still waiting for steam launch at 31st. Can you tell me how the game is running and the level of details that you can afford with your machine???

I ask because most posts here are from people with outdated rigs hardware. It's important to have feedback from high level machines so we can decide if its possible to run this game with hardware available at stores or if we have to wait a year for better GPUs and processors.

Thanks

Sorry mate, I don't have it yet. (Though I've been reading the how-to obtain the russian version many times trying to decide). I figured it's more hassle than time-worth at this time before release and the english is going to help... ALOT!

I can run Crysis 1080p 2xAA and all settings max (except max post-processing) with this rig. Crysis warhead ran much smoother. Rise of Flight is smooth at MAX with 2x AA, there it merely depends on the amount of planes. 20 planes in a dogfight lowers FPS a notch, but not to unplayable levels.

Judging by other users's specs when playing CoD, I don't think my rig is going to sweat alot playing the game. The FPS have been reported to be quite fluid with the exception of the micro-stutters

nearmiss
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
i can confirm the lag of sticks inside the cockpit.but may its only my crappy pc.

Post your system specs

CharveL
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Re: Future Project Battle of Britain

Where the feedback control devices. No need to ignore the issue. (After a while one of the posters got a bit irate at Luthier repeatedly ignoring the FF questions)

Here is Luthier's response

"While I can not say for sure - sorry, we like it had never promised it all the time we have been postponed for later. And now more important issues do not allow her to give."

With apologies for translation misunderstandings, I'm taking this to mean that they do mean to implement FFB, but somewhat later.

I'm hoping that it is not MUCH later since one of the most immersive features behind TrackIR support would be FFB, and for such an advanced sim to relegate it to "maybe" support would be a bit disturbing.

Luthier, by all means concentrate on the important stuff first like game performance and visual bugs but I implore you to put some priority to FFB implementation.

Even a confirmation (in English) that it is planned for a patch a few months off would be appreciated.

Thank you

Eklund89
03-29-2011, 03:44 PM
With apologies for translation misunderstandings, I'm taking this to mean that they do mean to implement FFB, but somewhat later.

I'm hoping that it is not MUCH later since one of the most immersive features behind TrackIR support would be FFB, and for such an advanced sim to relegate it to "maybe" support would be a bit disturbing.

Luthier, by all means concentrate on the important stuff first like game performance and visual bugs but I implore you to put some priority to FFB implementation.

Even a confirmation (in English) that it is planned for a patch a few months off would be appreciated.

Thank you

+1
It would feel emty without it.

Ploughman
03-29-2011, 04:36 PM
So far:

Had black screens where objects in the menus should've been, and the game screen was black. Seemed to be related to 9xxx series cards with DX10 enabled.

CTDs when changing graphics settings from in the game, about 50% of the time

CTDs when changing screen resolution. 100% of the time

The little black lines as described by others.

A 109's mg fire was protrayed as black lines spraying from its cowling.

If I click Steam panel that is present in the top left of the game off (Shift+Tab) the game hangs and I get 10-15 lines of error text bottom left of screen.

Game seems to stutter when I get within 1km of a twin or more engined aircraft.

System

Vista32
Q6600 @ 2.4mhz
4gb RAM
GT9800 1gb

Hecke
03-29-2011, 04:38 PM
the exterior sounds of a couple of plaines (Hurri, 109, ...) need NEW sounds.
They all sound exactly the same.

JG52Uther
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
If I click Steam panel that is present in the top left of the game off (Shift+Tab) the game hangs and I get 10-15 lines of error text bottom left of screen.

Confirm this one as well.

Skiiwa
03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm getting this with the most current drivers on my 470 GTX video card.

system specs:
6 GB Crucial DDR3
AMD Phenom X4 965
Win XP SP3
all drivers up to date

No problem at all with rendering in Rise of Flight, IL2 Sturmovik 1946 or Crysis 2.

Rick

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/Richard1955/shot_20110328_222425.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/Richard1955/shot_20110328_222536.jpg

Same Graphics glitch for me.
Really would like a fix as its unplayable for me. It is the Russian Version off Yuplay. I have No regrets with buying it though! Even with the glitches this Game has MAJOR Potential!
This Looks to be a Shader Problem. Gonna Fool around with My Config files for a bit.

Chris

Mainboard : Abit FP-IN9 SLI(C55-MCP51)
Chipset : nVidia nForce 650i SLI SPP
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 @ 2133 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE
Hard Disk : WDC (1500 GB)
Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L SCSI CdRom Device
DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : LG Electronics W2353 - 23 inches
Monitor Type : LCM-22w3 - 22 inches
Operating System :
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2010)

Rote Dreizehn
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
If your Engine destroyed by misconfiguration... (tested with Spitfire)

After the Propellor stops, you can dive with your Plane and the propellor begin to rotate again (ok thats normal).

But you will hear the Motorsound and the exhaust of the Motor begins to fire, like as a normal working Engine.

BTW:
It is possible to have a propellor to be feathered?
(I am not sure as Spitfire an BF109 can do that with pitch)

Thanks

rpgielow
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you anyway, Strike!!!

Well, so far no high end machines review.

Don't take personally guys, but trying to play this game with a 9XXX video card and running DX10 is madness!!!

This game needs a i7 processor, DDR3 memory and 5870/GTX480 or higher for a fair review.

I will keep looking for in other foruns and post here if I find something :)

Problaby they will use this game for benchmarking new hardware, Crysis is old news now lol

ICDP
03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Total lack of Force Feedback effects.

When the realism settings are set to Complex Engine Management OFF the LW fighters sporadically lose the ability to use flaps, gear, trim and radiator settings.

Targ
03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
No dive siren on stuka.

Engage the airbrake and zero siren.

Werewo
03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
I still have a Core 2 Duo 3 Ghz, XP SP3, 4870 1 MB, 4 GB ram, DX10 and the game runs awfully. Colours of landscape are way off realistic..neon green pastures LOL, even EAW did this better.
The channel (water) looks great but even in low settings the overall stutters make it impossible for me to play. To be honest this game is a big backstep compared to IL2-FB! Many buildings, much other stuff but what i expected is not really fullfilled....

Cheers and Horridoh! FIX IT!!!

Werewo,
Yellow 9, III./JG2 Richthofen

P.S. Get rid of this Steam stuff...I would like to decide myself if I want to register a game wit steam or not

335th_GRAthos
03-30-2011, 12:15 AM
#1) use3renders=1 command does not work (using three monitors)

#2) Unacceptable drop of fps when nearing enemy airplanes(e.g. First single mission "intercept bombers"), from 38fps down to 2fps ! After a few minutes the problem disappears.

i7 2.93GHz
2xGTX570 SLI
Win XP
3072x768 resolution, all settings high

lbuchele
03-30-2011, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=335th_GRAthos;244442]#1) use3renders=1 command does not work (using three monitors)

#2) Unacceptable drop of fps when nearing enemy airplanes(e.g. First single mission "intercept bombers"), from 38fps down to 2fps ! After a few minutes the problem disappears.

Please clarify:after a few minutes of gaming you can go near of the bombers without framerate drop?

28_Condor
03-30-2011, 02:52 AM
#1) use3renders=1 command does not work (using three monitors)

i7 2.93GHz
2xGTX570 SLI
Win XP
3072x768 resolution, all settings high

Grathos, you nedd Win7 for your PC work with 4GB of RAM or More...
Also, 3 monitors and all setting high is maybe (or probably) the cause of poor performance... But the lack of RAM is the main problem ;)

hc_wolf
03-30-2011, 03:43 AM
First time posting. Been reading this forum for 5 years. Not here to complain. Just letting you know my rig and current FPS I am getting in game.

OK so I am in Melbourne Australia. Installed the Collector edition last night (cool cloth map). Key would not recognise with Steam. Logged in this morning and it works.. Fewww Awesome.. AAAA NO!

Known issues:

SLI not working. You will get black menu's and the game runs like a dog. So if you have SLI on turn it off and that fixes the black menu issues. Say bye bye to full graphics.

In Game I am sad to say (until epilepsy filter is removed and SLI works and CPU use is better managed I can not play)

On low graphics (what's the point) I get 30FPS and lots of Stutter and this is over the water only. 8-14 fps over land.

Not complaining.. I know patches and fixes are on the way. But here are my specs so you know what to expect. I can not run this game on any settings above low.

I run Arma2 on full graphics settings in SLI and that is a demanding game and get 45fps @ 1980x1080

Not running in sli I see 1 core been used at 70-90% the other 3 cores minimal below 10%.
GPU1 used at 80-95% when not run in SLi. GPU2 not used at all as sli turned off.

Below is giving me 8-14fps over land and 14-30fps over water on low to medium settings

Win64 7 ultimate Professional
Panasonic 42' LCD @ native 1980x1080
Q6600 oc to 4.0ghz - fan air cooled
8gig ddr3 OCZ ram
780i EVGA MB
128 OCZ SSD
2x 285GTX SLI

Bring on the patching! :D Love your work Oleg and Team. Look forward to the patching. may it be swift.

If anyone has any clues as to why game is so slow even on q6600 let me know. I am wanting to upgrade this weekend if patches help but have not seen any high end posts yet.

lothar29
03-30-2011, 04:44 AM
I did detect one which may be that you already know, when you land with the tger moth on the Mission of instruction of the first flight, when you land if you look at the floor of the aircraft plants are crossing the cockpit...If you need more information, it volare mission and are screenshot

I also have a problem when using Windows chat, when the assets already can not take them in any way, is left in a box blank and I have to get out of the Simulator to edit the file conUser.ini to remove the last lines that are located in [ChatWindow] because I have to remove all this so that the white tables no longer exist...

Photos

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/allia29/cuadrosblancos.jpg

Forgive my bad English

335th_GRAthos
03-30-2011, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE=335th_GRAthos;244442]#2) Unacceptable drop of fps when nearing enemy airplanes(e.g. First single mission "intercept bombers"), from 38fps down to 2fps ! After a few minutes the problem disappears.

Please clarify:after a few minutes of gaming you can go near of the bombers without framerate drop?

Yes, after a few minutes near the bombers, I can fly around them without my frame rate dropping to 2-3fps. (there is still a frame drop but it is not so radical as during the first-second pass through the bomber formation)
I do not know if this helps but despite dedicating 2-3 CPU cores for the game, at the moment in question it is only one CPU that is working at 100% percent, the other CPUs reaining idle. o, at the crucial moment, the overall CPU load is 14% percent (of eight cores - 4 cores + 4 hyperthreading) with the first allocated to IL2 core working at 100% percent

@28_Condor:
Thank you for this information about RAM, I check the RAM consumption and whether this is the problem.
Despite your negative comment on WinXP, I think I have the least problems with the game using WinXP than other people I know using Win7

Tree_UK
03-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Luthier, your statement about the epilepsey filter disabling SLI seems to be incorrect, those with dual card setups that have disabled the filter still have no SLI support. Please advise what to do from here.

Sternjaeger
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I would like to give my 2 cents about a specific sound thing: the structural creak that you hear almost every time is a bit overdone. What you guys don't seem to get is that the noise of the engine in front of you is the most potent, deafening thing that you have in the cockpit, you would probably be able to hear the thud thud thud of the guns, but the engine is SO loud you guys have no idea. To hear the structural creak like that you need:
1) to be pulling crazy Gs, almost close to the breaking point (the max G I pulled in a real P-51 mustang was 6.2 and never heard a thing). The sound u use sounds more like a submarine structural sound, if anything it should be a shorter creak sound.
2) probably to be with the engine on idle! Again, the sound of the engine is deafening, it covers everything else.

Raggz
03-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Mission 4 in the British campaign crashes on start. English version.

Update: Never mind. It was a windows problem. Sorry.

adonys
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM
They've discovered the cause for the closing to bombers stutter: the exhaust pipes :)

dgeorge04
03-30-2011, 11:54 AM
We need a patch quickly.One of the most important things for me is force feedback.(I have the saitek EVO).And the feeling of the joystick isn't as good as it is with IL2 sturmovik!!Thanks for the game anyway.I'm sure it will offer many ours of GREAT gaming after the patches

Targ
03-30-2011, 01:24 PM
When loading Cliffs of Dover the game for some reason acts like a 2D application and both of my cores stay at 2D clock speeds ( 507MHz and 500MHz). If clock speed is forced than one core will reach proper clocks ( 750MHz and 900MHz). The second core stays at 2D speed.

I tested many games and Cliffs of Dover is the only one with this issue.

Win7 64 bit sp1
E8400 wolfdale cpu a 3 GHz
8 gigs of Ram
4870X2 (duel core single card) GPU

Games tested
Doom 3
Civ 4
GTR2
Dragon Age
IL2 1946
Rfactor 2
Fallout 3
Silent Hunter 3, 4 and 5
Bioshock
Oblivion

CharveL
03-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Guys multicore is woring just fine. You won't see full load on the other cores due to limitations of how they can be used in a game. They get used as needed and will never show full load.

Ctrl E
03-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Crossfire support!

Targ
03-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Guys multicore is woring just fine. You won't see full load on the other cores due to limitations of how they can be used in a game. They get used as needed and will never show full load.

You is wrong be sure. I am talking about duel core GPU's not CPU's.

Cross fire does not work and not only does it not work but the game acts like a 2D application
rather than a 3D application.

CharveL
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
You is wrong be sure. I am talking about duel core GPU's not CPU's.

Cross fire does not work and not only does it not work but the game acts like a 2D application
rather than a 3D application.

Ah, my bad. I have no idea about GPU performance other than they said it's broken.

28_Condor
03-30-2011, 03:09 PM
@28_Condor:
Thank you for this information about RAM, I check the RAM consumption and whether this is the problem.
Despite your negative comment on WinXP, I think I have the least problems with the game using WinXP than other people I know using Win7

Hi Grathos

I use WinXP but I will upgrade to win7 precisely because XP have a limit of 3,5 RAM, above this the sistem dont recognize more memory... With CoD I want at least 6 giga of RAM to run the game (not yet available for Latin America) ;)

JG52Krupi
03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
How is the game running on a 5970... Please get xfire/sli and dual chip support optimised ASAP

Thanks

Kankkis
03-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Agreed 5970 is really powerful card, it's shame if is it not working like it should.

Kankkis

Flanker35M
03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
S!

Some people exprience the Launcher.exe to stop working = crashing. Have this too, especially if changing Video options. If they are changed, the changes are not saved. Have to restart and apply again to take effect.

Another issue is the mentioned 2 CoD running in task bar. Other being the game, other just a black screen.

lothar29
03-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Same Graphics glitch for me.
Really would like a fix as its unplayable for me. It is the Russian Version off Yuplay. I have No regrets with buying it though! Even with the glitches this Game has MAJOR Potential!
This Looks to be a Shader Problem. Gonna Fool around with My Config files for a bit.

Chris

Mainboard : Abit FP-IN9 SLI(C55-MCP51)
Chipset : nVidia nForce 650i SLI SPP
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 @ 2133 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE
Hard Disk : WDC (1500 GB)
Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L SCSI CdRom Device
DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : LG Electronics W2353 - 23 inches
Monitor Type : LCM-22w3 - 22 inches
Operating System :
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2010)
################################################## ################################################## ####

Attempts to edit the conf.ini and put the following into each site, this afternoon I past to my by putting to work with DX9.

before making any change creates a backup file copy the original conf.ini and save it, if something fails can return to leave it as it was...

Here the lines to change, I am sure it will be your solution...

difficulty=8058095
AntiEpilepcy=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0 [B]<<<<<<<<<<<you are your problem This game has problems working with D3D9 will DirectX9
width=1600
height=900
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

To see if it works, I think that should work...

Rote Dreizehn
03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
The Cockpits of the planes should be complete clickable.

For example (BF109 start from Airfield):

Haven´t found the ignition button to start the Engine
(have to press I on Keyboard)

Other buttons are not clickable (have to press Keyboard)

Will be very pleased to have the possibility at a later Patch.

Thanks.

Skiiwa
03-30-2011, 04:46 PM
################################################## ################################################## ####

Attempts to edit the conf.ini and put the following into each site, this afternoon I past to my by putting to work with DX9.

before making any change creates a backup file copy the original conf.ini and save it, if something fails can return to leave it as it was...

Here the lines to change, I am sure it will be your solution...

difficulty=8058095
AntiEpilepcy=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0 [B]<<<<<<<<<<<you are your problem This game has problems working with D3D9 will DirectX9
width=1600
height=900
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

To see if it works, I think that should work...
################################################## ##

Thanks Lothar29<<<
Unfortunatley I am running WinXP SP3 and I cant use DX10:( I did try it. I spent all day, messing up my install 3 times, and nothing I changed in the INI files helped with the shimmering textures. The Cockpit Looks AMAZING even with my graphics all messed up:)P I even set up different configs for my Nvidia card to force COD to run and nothing changed it.

If anyone Comes up with a Solution PLEASE let me know!

Chris

giap69pavel
03-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I did detect one which may be that you already know, when you land with the tger moth on the Mission of instruction of the first flight, when you land if you look at the floor of the aircraft plants are crossing the cockpit...If you need more information, it volare mission and are screenshot

I also have a problem when using Windows chat, when the assets already can not take them in any way, is left in a box blank and I have to get out of the Simulator to edit the file conUser.ini to remove the last lines that are located in [ChatWindow] because I have to remove all this so that the white tables no longer exist...

Photos

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/allia29/cuadrosblancos.jpg

Forgive my bad English

Is happening the same.

but unfortunally i can't take those white boxes.

The problem is that each tiem is getting worse.

Any fast and manual fix.

S!

335th_GRAthos
03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Is happening the same.

but unfortunally i can't take those white boxes.

The problem is that each tiem is getting worse.

Any fast and manual fix.

S!

Guys, I took these white boxes out by going there with the mouse, right clicking and selecting the LAST OPTION that appears (sorry for my very poor Russian ;-) )

It is multiple windows so you will have to repeat the process many times until no more windows ar left open.

I hope it helps, for me it did.

Biggs
03-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Spit mkIa prop is bugged... WEP boost levels too

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19754

giap69pavel
03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Guys, I took these white boxes out by going there with the mouse, right clicking and selecting the LAST OPTION that appears (sorry for my very poor Russian ;-) )

It is multiple windows so you will have to repeat the process many times until no more windows ar left open.

I hope it helps, for me it did.

Thank you very much.

So is not a BUG, it is a new feature no correctly explained.

S!

Capt Backasswards
03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
system specs:
6 GB Crucial DDR3
AMD Phenom X4 965
Win XP SP3
all drivers up to date

After patch every mission goes to 95% and system freezes up. Russian version.

Bummed....

Rick

335th_GRAthos
03-30-2011, 09:45 PM
system specs:
3 GB DDR3
i7 2,93GHz
2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 driver version 263.09
Win XP SP3

After patch every mission goes to 95% and system freezes up. Russian version.

--------------> SOLVED <-------------- T H A N K S :-)
13. Q: I am running Windows XP. All missions stop loading at 95% and never complete.

A: Your memory is too low to fully load landscape with grass. Please go to Options - Video - Show Advanced
and uncheck Grass. This will allow the game to fully load. (automatic fix is on the way)
Technical Forum: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819

PS. better my computer memory full of grass than my head.... ;-)

giap69pavel
03-30-2011, 10:05 PM
It happen to me last night before patch and after patch.

Some missions get stopped at 5% or 90% and if you select another mission normally works.

Reasn unknown but i can fly some.

AMD Phenon X6 1055t
4GB DDR3
HG6850 1GB
WIN7 64 Utimate.

S!

335th_GRAthos
03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks, I will try this and hope for the best....

JG52Uther
03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
This was happening to me before the patch,I had to close the game with task manager.

Winger
03-30-2011, 10:45 PM
working SLI/crossfire

Most important of all! After that. Better gunsounds. Other than that i cant tell yet simnce i havent got to play much yet.

Winger

Biggs
03-30-2011, 10:55 PM
what version is everyone running now.. is it "....13820"

thats what mine says....

hc_wolf
03-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Hi all,

I am in Melbourne Australia and Luthier Epi pen has been jabbed into my Steam account with success.

I was getting 10-18fps in a single mission over the water attacking bombers. Now I am getting 25-35 fps on Medium settings 1980x1080.

Sli still not working correct. When it is on I get black screens and menus do not show unless my mouse moves over the words. So for now switch SLI off.

Still need to upgrade to an i7 this weekend i think.

I am not sure if it is my game or not, but it seems that the graphics (even turned full on to very high) do not reflect that in the game. It is like the lods or actual high graphics settings do not take effect on screen so if I pause the game and look at a flack gun on ground the model looks like it is drawn in very low detail and not very high detail.....

Maybe this is to be fixed in a patch on the 1st of April..

Anyway... I can fly on medium settings now but of course fps dip to 2fps when you shoot up a plane or 5 bombers decide to change course.

Love your work at 1c. Well done Luthier and Oleg. Can't wait for this to be optimized.

my pc (Maybe below par for this game????) But I can no way see how I can even get a still frame to look as good as the images on other videos or the Dev diary video. any clues??

42' lcd at 1980x1080 native
Q6600 @ 4ghz
2x evga 285gtx sli
evga i780 MB
128gb ssd
win 7 64bit ultimate
8gig ram

all latest drivers and win7 performance is rated 7.0

Capt Backasswards
03-31-2011, 12:02 AM
what version is everyone running now.. is it "....13820"

thats what mine says....

Yes. That's what mine says too. 13820.

StG77_Katana0
03-31-2011, 12:17 AM
Hallo everybody,
first, sorry for my bad english.
Now my problems:
1.)Fly-System.
I can not use my fly-system because seems to be not supported....
Will be nice if with incoming patches this will be resolved/improved.
There are the components ( with drivers updated ):
TrackIR4 (works...)
Mouse: Saitek....( works..)
Keyboard: Saitek...(works...)
Joystick: X52-Flight controller. ( not detected / supported )
Rudder: Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. ( not detected / supported )
additional: Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant. ( not detected / supported ).
Tryed to change something in the game options, but they are not detected.
2) Sound.
I can not change the sound volume ( loudness) only for the game sound,
because no button exists like in IL2Sturmovik1946 (or i didn't found it...).
This is possible (seems to be so ) only for the whole system ( computer ). Problem: u can't use properly the TeamSpeak.
Will be nice, to improve this too ( if possible ).

Thank You for reading...
Horrido!
P.S.:
Game Version:
IL2Sturmovik-CoD, German release with the last "steam" update.

scorpac
03-31-2011, 12:43 AM
Hello all,

found some bugs,

System: Intel i7-920 @ 2.7ghz, 14gb DDR3 1033mhz, NVIDIA GTX580, Win7/x644

Bugs(from really important to not so important)

Gunnery: Correct me if im wrong. But as far as i know BMW invented that the lights of a BMW car follow the turn... didnt know thats also in planes of WW2. When pulling up, down, left, right. The gun also fires up down left and right.... strange. And it makes impossible to aim accurate.

Soundbugs: Noticed when standing still in a 109 you can always hear the sound of taxing.... thats really annoying. Flew a Quick mission with tons of planes. and didnt have the engine sound at different angles of external view and also not the right sound for engine inside cockpit of the 109-e3.

BF-109:

For some reason i cant start the engine in that one multiplayer mission where i start on the ground... i have all settings like Magnetos: 2. Fuel on, and when i press " I " to start the engine it just says "Engine Stopping".

Sim
03-31-2011, 03:22 AM
G.50 cockpit. Every single instrument is frozen.
AI - can retain stupendous amount of energy. All of them.
AI Bombers act like fighters (See blendheim).
DM/AI blendheim can shoot through own tail. No damage
AI Blenheim bomb bay doors keep trying to close (in open position, they will half close and open.)
AI While in formation, FW200 will bank 90 degrees.
DM Chute has no collision model
Bug - When changing graphics settings, if game asks to restart - game restarts and than crashes.
DM. Walrus has damage model between two wings. Something burns there in empty space.

Microstutters are there even on lowest possible settings.
Sound - No flutter sound at all. Damage sound missing at time. You could hear enemy aircraft getting damaged 500 yards away. Stress sound is from SH3 - uboat.

Commands / joystick - sometimes joystick buttons presses do not respond for no reason at all. Difficulty is off for murpth-whatever-you-call-it.

Quick Mission Builder - When selecting saved mission and changing something (Your or enemy AC / weather etc), sometimes that mission will default to original settings - yet QMB screen still shows those changes.

Wolf_Rider
03-31-2011, 04:23 AM
left/ right mouse button (when reversed) aren't being picked up

IbanezLaney
03-31-2011, 04:25 AM
It happen to me last night before patch and after patch.

Some missions get stopped at 5% or 90% and if you select another mission normally works.

Reasn unknown but i can fly some.

AMD Phenon X6 1055t
4GB DDR3
HG6850 1GB
WIN7 64 Utimate.

S!

I'm having the same problem - Every time I try and load a mission it goes to 95% and then the computer hangs.

So far haven't been able to play any missions at all - When I close the program in task manager it says Launcher.exe has stopped responding.

Intel i7-870
Nvidia 9800GT
4GB DDR3
Win XP

dflion
03-31-2011, 04:43 AM
I can vaguely remember the first release of IL-2 and IL-2FB, there were many issues.

I can only get the program to run on the 'low' settings and then start getting some 'picture stuttering' and strange large 'green oblisks' in the Channel.

If I change aircraft sometimes, the system 'hangs-up'. If I increase the video quality the system crashes with a Microsoft box appearing saying 'Launcher has encounted problems and needs to close'.

On the plus side, the cockpits, aircraft and game interface are superb and I like the map detail - well done Ilya and Oleg.

On the downside, the 'Steam' interface is tiresome and I think a bit of an overkill. It also looks as though we can't 'tweak' our config.sys file any more to match our system specs. The full FMB is not included in the release.

I have just run a 'directx' and noticed I am missing a Gb of Ram. I did have 4Gb, might have a problem with my PC.

My System specs. are:
MS XPSP3 @32bit
Intel Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850@3.00Ghz
3GB Ram (Should be 4GB?)
ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 1024MB memory
MOB Gigbyte P35-DS4
Display Benq 1920x1200 (32bit,60Hz)
SB X-Fi Audio

I think I am in the 'middle band' of PC power (due for an upgrade), so I am sure the flight sim should run much better than it currently is?

DFLion

tigerresse
03-31-2011, 06:49 AM
I cant even run the game anymore after instaling patch it ends every time with "'Launcher has encounted problems and needs to close"

XP+SP3 32bit
Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz BOX
3GB Ram
GeForce CUDA GTX460 1GB

Wolf_Rider
03-31-2011, 07:34 AM
graphics glitch
- single player channel free flight

the small vertical line the arrow points to, is present inside cockpit/ outside cockpit

Jg2001_Rasputin
03-31-2011, 07:52 AM
graphics glitch
- single player channel free flight

the small vertical line the arrow points to, is present inside cockpit/ outside cockpit

This is actually a textbox marker

TheGrunch
03-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Changing "100% Dead Zone" slider for Aileron axis changes "100% Position" slider for Throttle axis after Controls screen is closed. Enter the controls screen again after clicking Apply and they will be the same, and their value will be whichever value you chose for the last one you moved.
Loadouts often either fail to save or disappear after closing and restarting game with Steam Cloud either on or off.
Disabling Steam Cloud resets controls to default.

jibo
03-31-2011, 09:11 AM
msg to luthier & friends : are you using auto vectorization ?

Codex
03-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Things I've experienced so far:

System specs in my sig
Graphics set to Medium
Res 1920 x 1200

Stuttering:
Small quick ones when above 1km over the ocean but still noticeable.
Long and frequent stutters when close to ground.
Very heavy stuttering, 3FPS average, when over buildings.

Artifacts:
Exactly like this one: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=245974&postcount=96

AI:
When in training mission flying the circuit, if I'm close the final waypoint and AI takes over it makes very aggressive dive and turn to try and make it to the waypoint but we nose dive into the ground.

Sound:
I have Surround Sound Headset and Sound setting don't work according to setup.
- Surround Sound I only hear 2 channels L & R
- Headphones I hear 4 channels
- Quad I hear 5 channel including centre

Force Feedback - G940
No FFB effects can be felt, stick feel like on 100% spring centring.

Edit:
Crossfire - Not working even with Epi-Filter turned off via in game menu.

JG53Frankyboy
03-31-2011, 10:56 AM
-i am not able that the Channel map is showing the Airfields and Village names (seetings are positive checked) in the FMB. Little bit trickey to work this way with it :(

-a Bf110C-4 without MG-FF/M is actually no C-4

- it would be nice if the double use of a button in the key-seleltion would always be named and not only to get a 'ping'

seiseki
03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Somehow I managed to land on water, although I flipped the plane upside down it seemed like I was still alive and the plane wasn't sinking..

The shaders for the water seemed to go nuts though..

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578918346767796871/7267CA2F4340D2A0C3DCF8B08F36FD1D01EA2FE6/

JG53Frankyboy
03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
am i wrong or do markings not show up on static aricraft ??

Qpassa
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Water looks bad:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=246231&postcount=1

mr71mb0
03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
For some reason if I fly any of the spits, they don't have tracers.

I remembered you could change the loadouts so from main option screen \ Planes \ Spitfire, I checked the loadout for the guns and it has tracers (white) in gun 1 & 8. Saved it as a custom loadout and then hit up a quick mission, select a spit and start flying, No tracers.

Also the UI seems flaky in saving the custom loadouts or it's not very clear.

(What does the default button do on the loadout, make it the default loadout or revert the loadout to some defaults?).

Helrza
03-31-2011, 01:11 PM
heya guys, just want to share a possible bug with you. being able to almost comfortably fly with 1/2 a wing missing... would have landed it, but was too busy showing the missus and laughing. would like to mention that i had all flight reliasm on except engine management.

i was lucky enough to be recording it at the time :) so i will share it on the forum for u all if you would like to see.... which i would like to post anyways if thats ok (the game dont need any more critisism).. also shows 12 aircraft at once, and running perfect. AC on high, effects on high. looks great for a mid range system :)

kashwashwa
03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Eyefinity doesn't work properly. Eyefinity is ATI's technology for using three monitors on one video card.

(http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/TECHNOLOGIES/AMD-EYEFINITY-TECHNOLOGY/Pages/eyefinity.aspx)

My resolution is 5040 x 1050 (three 22" monitors).

By default, the delete, end and page down keys on the keyboard change the FOV to be 30 60 and 90 degrees. These are not nearly wide enough to be useful. A FOV of at least 120 - 150 degrees is necessary depending on the resolution.

If there was a way to support three monitors (as the DCS games do extremely well), it would be fantastic. Allowing a custom FOV would be the easiest way to add support I'd imagine though.

Doc_uk
03-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Support for Laptops Plz
im not the only laptop user that cant play this game:(
regards
Doc

csThor
03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
GUI and especially FMB - German category translations contain involuntary comedy. For example in the controls GUI setting key commands is found under "Schlüssel". In german KEY can be translates as "TASTE" (which would be correct here) or "SCHLÜSSEL" (which is a key to open locks). Want me to collect a list?

It's apparent that translations were made with a translation program ... which always give reason for a good laugh.

ubermachtig
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Dear friends,

First I'd like to congratulate both 1C and UBI on making a game that has a lot of potential. I have been BETA testing several games in the past, and am familiar with bug-reporting. Currently, I've found a few things that require attention.

Performance is simply bad, though my system is exceeding the recommended settings
Menu items are not visible enough
The debriefings consists of relatively bad English, and could use some new text. Also, comma's can be used in words like 'cant', for example. It would enhance the legibility and therefore the dimension the campaign story adds.
Speech pauses between sentences are much to small. For example, in the tutorial, after finishing one sentence, the instructor directly continues with the next sentence. An 0,5-1 second delay would fix this issue.
I've noticed pixel issues, only occurring in-game. A 1mm thick, 2 cm line appeared on my screen during the first campaign mission. I thought my screen was damaged, but it seems to be an in-game issue.
When clicking on the multiplayer tab, and then on the client, the search mode starts in "Lan". In my opinion, it would be smarter to put this on Internet at default.

Specs:

* Nvidia GeForce GTX480, Driver version 270.51
* Intel I5 670 @ 2,93Ghz (default speed) (Also adjusted affinity to 4 cores, which seemed to help significantly in improving the performance)
* Windows 7 64 BIT Home Premium
* 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Most of the issues stated above (Especially menu item visibility and the English text in the campaign) should be quite easily adjustable, but would definitely improve the games quality.

III/JG11_Simmox
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
109's landing gear wont retract or deploy in quick mission or campaign?
elevator trim inop in the same conditions
either by hotkey,HOTAS or mouse

no flap control or radiator control either

swapping to the hurri or the spit,they work fine

gibxxi
03-31-2011, 03:28 PM
...Also, comma's can be used in words like 'cant', for example.

I think you mean apostrophe's.

;)

BigPickle
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey Dev Team. UK Version. Problems/bugs found:

Res - 1280x720
Settings all low, AA off, Forest off,Shadows off, Aircraft detail & Damage Med.

1) Cannot select enemy skins,insignia or setup loadouts

2) Cannot change player skins,insignia or setup loadouts

3) Aircraft appear twice in the aircraft selection area

4) Various menu functions that do nothing such as changing aircraft settings

5) Spitfire rear view mirror-when flying over water the picture is very
pixilated

6) Settings wont save for keybinds

7) Cannot impliment DX10 to run

8 ) When flying any single mission over the channel, a Tile edge is clearly visible wherever you fly, it appears that you are flying inside a black square

9) Massive FPS drop near and over land, cannot play at all

10) Big stutters when closing in on enemy aircraft (German) making anymore than 6 planes at once practically impossible

11) Joystick settings seem quite unpredictable and oversensitive even after alteration

12) Cant seem to turn off the Radio subtitles or other intrusive markers. Seems all off or all on

13) Some aircraft have only empty weapons settings on the aircraft select screen

14) Strange aircraft in the menu, example of this is a spitfire named heartbreaker

15) No Su26

16) When spawning on quick flights, sometimes, (seems unpredictable) the flaps will drop and gear comes down on spawning along with other random things without any key or button presses

17) Low graphics mode, half the items of the aircraft dissapear, spinners etc

18 ) On opening up the throttle full in the Hurricane and Spitfire the engine volume drops low for a few seconds when first at max revs

19) Music plays randomly and the ingame radio comms is all broken with words missing and it seems like its running very late behind whats happening in game

20) When bailing out the pilot drops through the bottom of the aircraft

21) Key presses dont work in external views

22) AA doesnt seem to work other than to kill FPS

23) Drop bombs wont work in external view

24) Cloud reflections still show on water when clouds are turned off

Hope what I have found helps to make a great patch.

gibxxi
03-31-2011, 03:52 PM
"Track View" ought to be renamed "Replay View" or "Replay Viewer" to avoid confusion. English speakers tend to think of "Tracks" as audio only. Also, replay viewer is bugged and regularly crashes the game.

AI often performs physics defying manoeuvres, both in the air and on the ground. One instance was a 90 degree turn on the ground that would of tipped any normal a/c over in a heartbeat.

During training mission, AI "Request Landing Clearance" and Tower "Landing Clearance Authorised" audio play over the top of each other. i.e: both at the same time.

Rearview mirror displays static effects like a badly-tuned analogue TV.

Background music in menu is sporadic, and often does not start playing when it should, or quits totally.

Game often minimises to taskbar on launch from within Steam client.

Would also like to know if it's possible to move the status bar elsewhere (say: middle-bottom or middle-top of screen) or remove it completely.

1337Avi80R
03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
- The flight instructor crash landed the plane on the first training mission
- AI radio chatter is completely messed up sometimes as everyone seems to speak at the same time
- AI flies robot-like manuevers, very jerky and sudden (sadly reminds me of the old IL-2 sometimes)
- AI flight leader in formation flight, banks in strange way as he seems to prefer using full rudder instead of aileron and elevator
- Old IL-2 sound (engines and aircraft explosions)
- Changes in controls are not always saved and applied.
- Control catgories are a bit confusing
- Main menu music starts and stops randomly and stops suddenly when it ends
- I lost the first luftwaffe mission before I got the chance to fight
- A mission briefing with an adequte map (showing starting location and flight vector) would be nice.

mr71mb0
03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
7) Cannot impliment DX10 to run

How do you know that DX10 mode isn't running?

What are you trying to do to get it to run in DX10 mode?

Kupsised
03-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Not sure if these are bugs or only my personal problems (ha!), or if they've already been reported (but no harm in reporting them twice):

1) If I look all the way backwards in the Spitfire IIa (and I believe all other marks, although I cannot sware by that) I can see through the end of the fuselage to the ground/sky (there is a gap either side of the tail)

2) 109 E3B and 110 C7 (may also be an iusse for other variants of these aircraft) cannot retract/deploy landing gear or flaps in quick missions (haven't tried it otherwise). Have tried to do it both via keyboard and via clicking the releveant buttons on the screen and neither worked. A bit of a bugger after I shot down 5 Bleheims in a single mission and then had to crash land and the airbase.

3) Radio seems to not work (can hear others, but it would seem I can't be heard. Orders go unobeyed and without any kind of response, same with requests from home base), but I'm not sure whether this is a bug or just me (have posted a thread about it)

That's it so far, but I'm not having any trouble frame-rate wise except over cities. Been up in a formation of 26 He111's vs 6 Spits and did not notice a serious drop in framerate (at least it was far, far better than what I would consider passable), all ran on 'Very High' video settings. Specs are as follows:

Intel Core I7-950 3.07GHz
12 Gig ram
ATI 6950 2GB

I'm also running it at max resolution, whatever the dimensions for that are.

BigPickle
03-31-2011, 07:25 PM
How do you know that DX10 mode isn't running?

What are you trying to do to get it to run in DX10 mode?

Exactly the same questions i want to know mate:
How do you know what DX mode the game is running?
How do I get it to run in DX10 mode?

Psycho_Ch!cken
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM
- Generally poor performance (low fps, constant stuttering), in part caused by:
- Poor GPU utilisation (as stated by others, it's not being used at full speed)
- Non functioning Crossfire/SLi
- Horrendously "laggy" inputs. Mouse, keys, joystick - even when the framerate is moderately smooth, there is a significant delay between using any of these inputs and the action occurring. Just to be clear, this is not due to a realism setting, even the movement of the mouse cursor lags behind by a solid half second. As soon as you press escape to open the menu though, all is fine. Until you try to resume flying of course.

For reference, my system is:

Core i7 930 @ 3.8GHz
6GB RAM
2 x Radeon 6950 2GB
Realtek onboard sound
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Jaws2002
03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Add few features to the QMB, like being able to chose wich side you want to play. I hate flying with wrong markings.:evil:

Jaws2002
03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
The biggest problem around here began when mods started dropping the ban hammer on folks who have every right to vent their frustrations about bug ridden, broken software within the tos of the forums.

Simply banning people who voice frustration will only add to the hate and vitriol elsewhere online, and will do this title NO favours at all. If 1C want to bury their heads in the sand and make like there is nothing wrong, the complaints are only going to increase. Then the prospects for this title making it out of the mire will disappear, buried in all the bad press disgruntled customers will generate in response.

+1. Absolutely agree. We had few specimens whining every day for months, before the game was even released and nobody did nothing about it. Now they ban REAL CUSTOMERS, that paid for a product?:rolleyes: Really bad attitude.

Cap Loz
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Cannot get any Aileron Trim to work on either the Spitfire or Hurricane. (all that I've tried yet.) Elevator and rudder trim work as advertised.

Oh and I see no difference in frame rate or visually with the Anit Epilepsy filter on or off!! Looks exactly the same.

TheGrunch
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Cannot get any Aileron Trim to work on either the Spitfire or Hurricane. (all that I've tried yet.) Elevator and rudder trim work as advertised.

Oh and I see no difference in frame rate or visually with the Anit Epilepsy filter on or off!! Looks exactly the same.

That is because neither aircraft has aileron trim.

z0ttel
03-31-2011, 10:59 PM
If changes in the Video section are made which require a restart of the game, the game crashes to desktop and a standard Microsoft Windows Bug Report window shows up which says that launcher.exe did crash.

Helrza
03-31-2011, 11:00 PM
clip of one wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBDomy7tlBY

Cowboy10uk
03-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Not sure if its been mentioned, But on playing back tracks or on outside views on Enemy bombers, I get no engine sound, Guns sound fine, as do the fighters as they pass and fire, Just the engines on the Enemy aircraft you are watching are silent.

Also Black lines on the sea, Possible meshing issue.

I know I dont have the latest drivers, sadly these caused major issues with DCS A10, so had to revert back to old ones which work with both sims.

AMD X4 965 3.4GHZ, 4GB DDR3 Ram, 3TB Hard Disk, ATI 5850 1TB Graphics ( 8.782.0.0 drivers ), 2 x LG 23" Widescreen HD Monitors, ButtkickerTM Warthog Hotas, Saitek Pedals, Track IR And a bloody awful Pilot

Cowboy10uk

Orpheus
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Spec: Windows 7 64bit / 4Gig DDR3 @ 1333mhz / 2 x ATI 5770 / Core i5 @ 3.6 gig o/c

Issues:

Awful stuttering, texture pop-in and appalling framerate of 5-15 on low/medium settings, worse on higher. Completely unplayable over land, barely playable over sea on any resolution. Total slideshow on anything higher than 1200 x 800. I'm well within the recommended specs and I literally cannot play the game at a decent resolution. All of this is with a single GPU, though of course crossfire makes no difference at this point.

If I alter the conf.ini to the following from stock:

DrawIfNotFocused=1
&
Render=D3D9

I can run the DX9 version at 1900x1200 with far less stuttering (barely noticeable over fields, heavy over london) and around 20 fps, which was *almost* playable if over fields/sea - but it looks horrible.

Not sure what's going on, but something is horribly wrong with this product.

satan
04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I look at il2COD and remember when il2 first came out (many moons ago) and i couldn't fly over leningrad cos my PC (FPS) just wasn't up to the task and would die.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
My specs are now. Vista HP (6.0 build 6002) DIRECT X 11 Chip: E8400 M-Board: Gigabyte X48t-DQ6 RAM:4gb DDR3 Card: Palit GTX 460 SE - Drivers 8.17.12.6658

I run at moderate graphics (medium) with no AntiAl. It flies good and the visuals are good at this level.

Bugs i found so far.
Doesnt recognise joystick - preset as two different sticks. (set this manually and it worked ok)
Does not remember your settings - you can save them but have to keep reloading your settings. If i get into new aircraft the settings are not retained and i have to reload them.
Throttle wont stay on full but goes back to half after a while ( i have comp. eng. settings off - it maybe my throttle setting>>on stick>> as i have axis and button settings for this function?)
Get small pixel marks ( as described by others) on screen.

London is just a no-go zone at moderate settings ( not playable - dont have any FPS settings for you yet)
buffeting ( this is only slight - i think its not neccessarily a bug but may be wind ( weather effect ) that players are not use too.I haven't tested this thoroughly yet.

Over all this game has fantastic potential, thankyou 1c i think this engine will keep us flying well into the future.

Killerwatt
04-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Pilot and Plane customisation screens turn black after a few seconds.
My Specs are:

Antec Nine Hundred Two Case,
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB,
Akasa PowerMax 850W Power supply,
Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA,
Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache),
Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz,
Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366,
LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM,
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two),
Windows XP Home Edition. updated to SP3
No overclocking done and everything running at stock speeds

TheGrunch
04-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Are you using the latest Catalyst drivers (11.3)? Using a very similar card and no issues here.

Raggz
04-01-2011, 01:48 AM
Cockpit Padlock don't work properly. It locks on both enemy's and friendly planes.

Killerwatt
04-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Turning forests to very low seems to have the same effect as turning forests off.

Walshy
04-01-2011, 03:43 AM
The wee black line issue for me as well (whatever that is?)

TheGrunch
04-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Select a quick mission, choose a different aircraft to the default, then click fly.
Exit the mission, then click fly again. Even though the menu still showed the non-default aircraft, you will start the mission as the default, even if you specifically go into the aircraft menu and select the aircraft you want again before clicking fly.

The only way to change this is to select another mission and then the mission you want and select your aircraft again, or select another aircraft before selecting the one you want.

Deadstick
04-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi,

I am using build : v.1.00.13820

On the Calais bomber quick mission I have experienced the following:

-Skins not showing on the 109 E/EB
-Flaps and Gear not deploying
-When crash landing - the 'crash/taxi' sound continues even when the aircraft stops moving.

In general I have the same issues mentioned above, stutter, controller issues, fps drops etc.

Also, I find TrackIR is acting a bit strange(laggy), but this may be due to stutters/fps, or my set-up.

I am happy to keep testing, Thanks.
================================================== ========
Specs:

-Processor: Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
-Manufacturer : TOSHIBA
-Model: Qosmio F60
-System memory: 4.00 GB RAM
-System type : Win 7 32-bit operating system
-Display adapter:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Total available graphics memory :2296 MB
Dedicated graphics memory: 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory :1272 MB
Display adapter driver version: 8.17.12.6776
Primary monitor resolution: 1680x1050
DirectX version : DirectX 10
-Display :22" Acer monitor
-Controller :Saitek X52
-TrackIR5

dennya
04-01-2011, 06:43 AM
If you choose to land at the nearest airfield (my plane was damaged), your AI companions follow you into the ground, crashing or belly-landing as you land at the field.

Verified on both Hurricane and Spitfire quick missions.

dflion
04-01-2011, 07:10 AM
I can vaguely remember the first release of IL-2 and IL-2FB, there were many issues.

I can only get the program to run on the 'low' settings and then start getting some 'picture stuttering' and strange large 'green oblisks' in the Channel.

If I change aircraft sometimes, the system 'hangs-up'. If I increase the video quality the system crashes with a Microsoft box appearing saying 'Launcher has encounted problems and needs to close'.

On the plus side, the cockpits, aircraft and game interface are superb and I like the map detail - well done Ilya and Oleg.

On the downside, the 'Steam' interface is tiresome and I think a bit of an overkill. It also looks as though we can't 'tweak' our config.sys file any more to match our system specs. The full FMB is not included in the release.

I have just run a 'directx' and noticed I am missing a Gb of Ram. I did have 4Gb, might have a problem with my PC.

My System specs. are:
MS XPSP3 @32bit
Intel Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850@3.00Ghz
3GB Ram (Should be 4GB?)
ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 1024MB memory
MOB Gigbyte P35-DS4
Display Benq 1920x1200 (32bit,60Hz)
SB X-Fi Audio

I think I am in the 'middle band' of PC power (due for an upgrade), so I am sure the flight sim should run much better than it currently is?

DFLion

I have just 'tweaked' my system following Ilya's Q&A and have had a very pleasant flight (flying the Bf109E-3) up the coast of France between Le Havre and Abbeville, landing at Abbeville.

For my system (see above) you have to turn-off a lot of things to make it work. Even though I have less ground detail, I think the map is fantastic. I could easly follow the geography at 2,000m. Sadly on the 'Quick Flight' menu my landing flaps didn't work, though my 'hot landing' was successful?

The Messerschmitt cockpit is wonderful. I am not game to turn it on to a fully working cockpit because of a probable computer crash - what a pity!

Sadly, I think Ilya and Oleg have hit the market too soon, perhaps they had to?

I hope 'The Team' is working furiously to fix all of these gliches and Oleg and Ilya haven't ordered their new Mercedes Benz's yet?

DFLion

PS 'Steam' is a dog!

Lps_Indyana
04-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi All

, well if this does not need a Fix, then i don't know :):)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5577761116_17733d322d_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5266/5577871032_affc589fee_b.jpg

Spec's

Windows Profesional XP SP3
ASUS P5N72-t Premium
Quad2Core 9400 2,6Ghz
4 Gig DDR2 RAM 1066
GTX-470
Nvidia Driver 270.51
DirectX 9.0c

Lps_Indyana

mcmatt
04-01-2011, 08:04 AM
For some reason if I fly any of the spits, they don't have tracers.

Missing tracers too.

jimbop
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Missing tracers too.

Haven't checked but is this a loadout option that you haven't enabled?

mcmatt
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Add few features to the QMB, like being able to chose wich side you want to play. I hate flying with wrong markings.:evil:

+1

mcmatt
04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Haven't checked but is this a loadout option that you haven't enabled?

I just select quick mission. I believe that in quick mission that should be default (as in Hurry).

jimbop
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Can't map the mouse wheel.

blade122222
04-01-2011, 09:07 AM
When launching, some players get an error message saying "nvldmmkm stopped working.....(something, something)".

It seems to be a COD related issue. Needs a fix.

Rickusty
04-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Problems I found regarding Italian planes...

1° - Fiat G.50 HAS NOT the overboost function - WEP (it was called "+100" and added 100 mmHg for the engine)
Engine power could be increased, for a short period of time, to 960 HP at 3.000 m. The engine should be then running at 890 mmHg pressure.
In the game, manifold pressure at max throttle is 710 mmHg... A lot less than what it could achieve.

As it is now, the plane feels so underpowered.
It certainly wasn't. Power to weight ratio was 0,35 HP-KG... way better than Hurricane I for example (0,24 HP-KG).
I certainly doesn't feel like that in the game.

Whenever you start to make a shallow climb with a G.50, it stalls.
It wasn't fast, but... it could outclimb an Hurricane 1 so...

And it can just reach 350 km/h at sea level. IRL it could master about 40 km/h more.

2° - All the instruments in the G.50 cockpit don't work or move. They don't move at all.

3° - Somehow, in a "normal" combat configuration, the G.50 is always way too heavy. There's maybe 100 kgs more than the normal configuration in the "plane settings". Only if you get 30% fuel it is in the right take-off weight. Weird...

4° - BR 20 - Bomb doors doesn't seem to work at all.

Apart from that, the game is a brilliant piece of work IMO. It has huge potential, and I really enjoy the damage model.
It runs quite smooth with my old rig too (E7500 + 2GB RAM + GTS450) at low-medium settings.

Cheers
Rick

Cap Loz
04-01-2011, 10:10 AM
That is because neither aircraft has aileron trim.

Thanks for that. I didn't know. :(
After doing a bit of "googling" though, I found out that they do have an adjustable trim tab only it has to be set (bent in the appropriate direction) on the ground.
Shame we can't do that somehow. I find the continual roll to the right a pain. :rolleyes:

PzMeyer
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
FPS stuttering due to overfilled memory after a while causing that my GPU clocks go down from 700 to 400 and GPU usage from 99% to 40%....

confusing messages in "info box"

just see my attached screenshot

z0ttel
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
If game is running on WinXP with Forrest NOT set to Off, green textures are shown instead of water if you fly over the channel.
It looks like this: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=247193&postcount=19

brp51d
04-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Mission only loading to 95% is not just an xp problem. I have the problem with vista 64. Not solved by turning off grass or upgrading drivers. I get missions to load@ 50% of the time and never with Spitfire 1a,2a.Thanks

reflected
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
-AA does not really work

-FFB support

-Stutters and awful performance (GTX470, i7-920, 6G RAM, Win7 64)

z0ttel
04-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Sometimes all controls in the aircraft are duplicated in a low and medium version:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/2011-04-01_00001knlh.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=2011-04-01_00001knlh.jpg)
http://www.abload.de/thumb/currentsettingsmaek.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=currentsettingsmaek.jpg)

TheGrunch
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Missing tracers too.

By default the Spit Mk II at least only has Ball, AP, Incendiary and Observer rounds loaded IIRC. You'll have to create a loadout yourself. :)

senseispcc
04-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Hello,

There is a little problem with the blenheim it seems the only aircraft with it the two engines are not sync. the left is at 25 the other 27 or 28 I speak here of the rpm's. It make the plane very difficult to take off with.

Have a nice day.

Senseispcc;)

esmiol
04-01-2011, 05:42 PM
this is not emergency bug!

concerning the map:

- to the coord 245740,6 ; 233347,9. bad choice of object!
http://www.campagne609th.be/images/bug1.jpg

- coord 244539,7 ; 233055,6 Train are strong...but not enough to pass throught this :)

http://www.campagne609th.be/images/bug2.jpg

Concerning bridges:

- Vehicules pass bridges like this....

http://www.campagne609th.be/images/bug3.jpg

- it is worse when they tow something.... the towing materiel ignore bridges.

http://www.campagne609th.be/images/bug5.jpg

concerning pathway:

- sometimes when i edit a vehicules to go from point A to point B they follow roads but in some place and with no reason the pathway left the road make a little trip on grass...or water and come back on road...

like you can see in this pict...the driver is jesus christ :)

http://www.campagne609th.be/images/bug4.jpg

Zorin
04-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Is this only happening on the arcade maps or the Channel map as well?

esmiol
04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
for the bridges it is on all map... for the railroad and the object...it is on channel map... i see too some station radar anthena who are levitating at 2 meters of the ground

i found this bug by hazard...they are maybe some other byt i don't have the time now to visit each centimeters of the map :)

for info..all screen are taken on channel map

Royraiden
04-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Some bombers behave like fighters, for example the Blenheim.

CheesySteve
04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
After shooting off the tail of a sunderland the rear turret acts like it is still attached instead of falling off with the tail

Fall_Pink?
04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
- AI needs an update. They like to spray their guns and don't use short bursts. They also have a real tendency to crash (follow the leader all the way down when it crashes). On other occassions they crash into wingmen or enemy fighters.
- GPU related: gpu does not - always - raise the clock to 3d peformance levels. Stranger still is the fact is when it does, after closing the game and back to the Windows desktop the gpu stays at 100% load and the clock does not step back to, in my case 157MHz.
- edit: I'm using Windows 7 64 Home edit.: is it normal when the game starts up, the windows task bar remains visible? Is this a feature or a bug? I would have expected to initialize to full screen and take over the desktop.

Rgs,
FP

Rage
04-01-2011, 10:06 PM
If i start up a Spit,i want to hear a RR Merlin roar,not the same engine sound as in IL2,after 6 years of dev time thats something that could of been implemented.
If i start up a BF109,i want to hear the high pitched sound of a BMW,but no,strangely all the planes sound the same.
We all know the utterly ear destroying ingame music of IL2,did you hire the same deaf musician again for COD?
All my squadron mates are screaming at the same time,makes me wanna shoot them down, instead of the enemy....
This game will be playable...in 6 months or so...
Until then...i geuss.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Had a heavy texture loading error when taking off using the quick mission where one starts at an RAF base to fly to France (I don't know the English title of this mission):

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9607/textureloadingerror01.jpg

I drive on a GTX275, 6GBRAM, i7 920 and Vista 64b

SECOND POINT:
Today a friend and I tested direct connecting. Worked quite well and we also could climb into the Moth together. Unfortunately we could not find an entry in the key binding control panel how to switch control from back seat to front seat. Help required

@Rage: No wonder that you don't hear the real sound of a BMW when sitting in a 109 - it had none ... ;) You probably wanted to say the Daimler Benz engine?

tigerresse
04-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Sometimes mouse or even hat looking act weird looks like some kind of auto centering second after look specially in external views i cant even look around plane.
Launcher crash after changing sound no matter if i change manually or auto detect (its selecting proper 6:1 for me) but after exit and try to restart again launcher keeps crashing after reverting to stereo game load without problem.
Keyboard sometimes stop working in game seems to be random since once i load game its ok load it again and keyboard not working.
Ai bombers acting like fighters and often rams other planes.
And as all other overall performance issues (strange but when turn on window mode 800x600 game runs almost all the time smooth on medium settings)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
In quick mission for some aircraft choices only empty load out available.

Doc_uk
04-01-2011, 11:42 PM
This is mine and a few other peoples
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20211
and here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19851
As you can see they are all related
regards
Doc

Pyrres
04-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Don´t know is this reported allready but stars show throught cockpit atleast in 109 at night. All settings on maximum exept forest and buildings on high/medium, fullhd resolution and 4xAA.

xnomad
04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I haven't read the whole thread so these could be duplicates:

1. When you create a mission to take off in FMB. The plane will yaw on the ground (turn on yaw axis) without the engine being on.

2. Sound of moving across ground when you aren't moving and engine isn't even on.

3. The above sound sometimes continues into flight and won't go away.

robtek
04-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Stars not only show through the cockpit but also through all planes.
And: How do you order your wingmen to land???

Royraiden
04-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Im having black lines forming a big rectangle over the water.http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac258/royraiden/shot_20110402_000703.jpg

F16_Petter
04-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Bugs so far in version 1.00.13820

The help text that cursor shows when hovering it over quick mission builder and according image below is ... wrong.
http://f16vs.se/bug_gui1.jpg

Some of the AA does not produce any sound when firing or when flak detonates..

Tested with the Bofors both the mobile one and the static one.
They shoot alright, but no sound. The SdKfz 222 produces sound on both MG and Cannon, so it cant be on my side.
Test all of artillery and check for yourself, its probably more..

Armor.SdKfz_222<--- Sound
Artillery.Bofors <--- No sound
Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone <--- No sound

scissorss
04-02-2011, 07:59 AM
When I open and look through the window on the bottom of the stuka, I seem to be able to see the bottom of the ocean, as if there was no water there. Get a strange effect looking through it on land as well.

AMD Phenom II X4
ATI 5770
4Gigs DDR3

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-02-2011, 08:22 AM
No ground control can be talked to over radio. Or at least no reply is given ... neither audible nor readible

Mr_Zooly
04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
In dx10 my framerate is 1 and no matter what I do it doesn't improve but changing to dx9 in config lets me run the game (wild framerates between 112 and 20) but with no AA so it looks jaggy.

Win 7 64
Phenom 2 x4 @ 3.4Ghz
GTX470 1280Mb
8Gb DDR 2 RAM

Robin2k7
04-02-2011, 08:54 AM
there is also 1 other strange thing , it seems my processor is hardly in use .

with all settings on highest i have CPU usage of 15% and my video cart is hardly working .

and yes same problems , near planes lots of stutters , above the water +-50 fps .

over land around 20 .

i wish we had the terrain of war birds of pray with the fly models of cliffs of dover .

that would be the ultimate Sim .

i really miss a good atmosphere on the ground , it looks horrible .

Kankkis
04-02-2011, 09:04 AM
I think there is really poor memory management or similar.

My rig

i7 3,5Ghz
Ati Radeon 5970 (Crossfire card)
6 gig DDR
Win 7 64Bit

I mean there is constant swapping on my harddrive, even on min settings.

So cure is not buy powerful PC because swapping is only thing what takes my FPS low, i can even play it highest setting but that stuttering is that kills it. My HD is loading all the time mostly, so there is no memory free.

Seem to be loading textures too slowly too. i you go to checking those planes in the cipilopedia or similar, there is big latency when textures is loaded on the plane.

Of course these are my opinions, i don't know nothing about coding but this is what i think is broken. Better memory optimisation or similar.

Game is great but unplayable at this state

Kankkis

Robin2k7
04-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I think there is really poor memory management or similar.

My rig

i7 3,5Ghz
Ati Radeon 5970 (Crossfire card)
6 gig DDR
Win 7 64Bit

I mean there is constant swapping on my harddrive, even on min settings.

So cure is not buy powerful PC because swapping is only thing what takes my FPS low, i can even play it highest setting but that stuttering is that kills it. My HD is loading all the time mostly, so there is no memory free.

Seem to be loading textures too slowly too. i you go to checking those planes in the cipilopedia or similar, there is big latency when textures is loaded on the plane.

Of course these are my opinions, i don't know nothing about coding but this is what i think is broken. Better memory optimisation or similar.

Game is great but unplayable at this state

Kankkis

agree

Wynthorpe
04-02-2011, 09:16 AM
AA Not working properly

Ive tried every setting off to 8X and 8X bring some AA but not what would be considered smooth, I can see a lot of shimmering in the distance and this can make picking out a target quite hard, Ive tried all the drivers below and also setting AA and AF in the Nvidia CP (which makes no difference) -

Specs -

Intel i7 950 @4.0Ghz
Pailt GTX460 (overclocked and standard clocks tried)
6Gb XMS3
Win 7 X64

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Settings for individual planes over options/planes via the main screen (I haven't yet found another way to change plane settings than via this path) are not used in quick missions.

I have similar issues when in quick mission for choosing the load out.

I saved a particular loadout under a certain name "Angepasst" (=customized or adapted) and it sometimes shows for the particular plane in the quick mission setting screen. I select it without any effect on the load out.

Also saving the load out in a different name: it cannot be selected in the quick mission setting screen as it does not appear in the drop down list of the particular plane

Sometimes this plane only has "empty" load out shown in the drop down list.

I want to emphasize that I did take care that in quick mission it was the same plane as that for which I changed the load out (and paint scheme settings btw).

Also paint scheme settings don't have an impact on what is used during quick mission ...

gionight
04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
100%true broken junk, what an idiot approve this realise are they this stupid and blind? I was looking forward to this game for about 3 years and now i don't even want to illegally download it to try it there is no demo for very clear reason no one would buy it after this so called game (mess), what a sham :(
Really Disappointed !!!! so F***ing Disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And buy the way I have core i7 oc 3.8, 6 gig ram, and 2 evga SC GTX 570 , and I know that COd wouldn't use 20% of my system so why bother.
Sorry for my bad englesh.

Robin2k7
04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
100%true broken junk, what an idiot approve this realise are they this stupid and blind? I was looking forward to this game for about 3 years and now i don't even want to illegally download it to try it there is no demo for very clear reason no one would buy it after this so called game (mess), what a sham :(
Really Disappointed !!!! so F***ing Disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And buy the way I have core i7 oc 3.8, 6 gig ram, and 2 evga SC GTX 570 , and I know that COd wouldn't use 20% of my system so why bother.
Sorry for my bad englesh.

amazing he we have such good systems and it run like a nightmare .

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Instead of ranting just set down your game resolution to about 1280x10?? and it should work quite smoothly ...

and dont use windows xp there seems to be issues with this os

jimbop
04-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Bad screen tearing and no vsync option. Forcing vsync with nvidia control panel doesn't make a difference. Rivatuner forcing also makes no difference.

Bungmiester
04-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Flown the first two training missions and sight seeing over London.
1 Can,t understand the instructers voice verywell, and he lists his comands to quickly especilly when giving you instructions to take off.
2 When he takes control and lands the aircraft he usually misses the airfield 2 times out of 3 and u end up in a Hedge.
3, Stutters over London and the textures in the tigermoth cockpit for the altimeter and compass are blurred and unreadable unless you zoom right in.
all setting on med
sys spec
E8400 procc 3Ghz
GTX460 1gb latest drivers
mother bd asus P5N-D
8 gig corsair RAM
OS Vista 64bit
all driers up to date

adonys
04-02-2011, 12:07 PM
problems with commands acknowledgement when issuing orders (like in no comm/audio feedback)

BigRon77
04-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I noticed Steam showed that I had played for 2 hours which is ridiculous because I have barely been able to get the game to load until a few hours ago.

After exiting the game the music continued on my computer for about three hours. It only stopped when I loaded and exited the game again.

Whilst music was on loop their was no applications in my task manager to shut down for the game. This is why I just let the music run for three hours while I was doing something away from my computer.

When I got back to computer and decided to run the game again and exit it to see if music would stop, I noticed that Steam now recognised that I had played for five hours.

I don't know what this means for the game but I am sure it would be a hard to catch bug, and possibly quite serious.

Just checked my performance in task manager and PF Usage is at 3 GB with only Mozilla Firefox running in applications.

System Specs.

Intel Q9400, GTX 275, XP 32, Gigabyte Mobo,

4 gig DDR2, onboard sound, Acer 1920x1200 LCD Monitor

csThor
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Minor issues but still in need to be corrected.

1.) In the game the unit V.(Z)/LG 1 is listed under fighters but it was a destroyer unit. Therefore it needs to be listed under destroyer. Additionally the unit badge is facing the wrong direction on the right fuselage side (wolf's head must look towards the front).

2.) All of I./ZG 2 is missing its Gruppe emblem (see destroyer guide pdf pages 5 - 10).

http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/I_ZG2.png

3.) All of II./ZG 2 is missing its Gruppe emblem (see destroyer guide pdf pages 11 - 15).

http://home.arcor.de/csthor/SOW/II_ZG2.png

Additionally the Gruppe is missing its tactical "A2" code (shown is ZZ).

4.) Stab/ZG 26 and Stab I./ZG 26 show destroyer style markings on the bow. The location is correct but they need to show fighter style markings only in that location (see destroyer guide pdf pages 16 - 21). If that is too complicated remove them entirely from this location.

5.) Kampfgeschwader 1 is showing the stylized signature of GFM von Hindenburg as unit emblem. During the BoB KG 1 did not use a Geschwader badge and the stylized signature was introduced in early 1941 when the Geschwader was reequipped with Ju 88s.

SEE
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Input Lag on Axis, stick buttons, headtracking, etc, in game.

Checking feedback on other forums (as well as this one) many are having problems with Saitek products not being recognised or difficulty assigning axis in controls menu.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-02-2011, 01:05 PM
I was reported some issues with the antropomorphe setting. It seems that some unvoluntary flickering of some buttons or similar can block the input of buttons actively activated even if only two devices are activated by the player simultaneously.

Perhaps implement a sensitivity threshold that allows very small inputs as long as this feature is activated?

TheGrunch
04-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Gun convergence not part of gun loadout presets?

[Aircraft.SpitfireMkIIa]
conv _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
conv _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII 100 100
belt _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11 Residual 18 ResidueBelt 10 9 11 9 11
belt _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
belt _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
belt _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
belt _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
belt _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
belt _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
belt _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11 Residual 18 ResidueBelt 10 9 11 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11 Residual 18 ResidueBelt 10 9 11 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11
beltPreset "AP-I 100m" _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 9 11 Residual 18 ResidueBelt 10 9 11 9 11
weapons 1
Does this mean that the convergence is universal and cannot be saved individually to different presets?

Clicking 'Loadout' for an aircraft that has no guns doesn't take you to the loadout screen, so you can't adjust fuel loads, but bizarrely you must still click 'Exit' twice to exit the Plane screen.

flyingblind
04-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Very small glitch in overall scheme of things. When view in mirror crosses a horizon it breaks up into large grey pixels before settling down again.

palvas
04-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Ok,this is a feedback/complain/issue

Campaign
All the pilots when take off speak at the same tame filling my ears and my screen with subtitles (that sometimes dont go away).

Always mission-failure .I can press "next" but i dunno if i did the mission correctly or not.

Sometimes my leader doesn't take off.In the mission where you have to reach your new Spit squadron : tryed to start the mission again,nothing to do. And my plane in automatic just fly around the base waiting for the leader.This happened also in the mission where you have to intercept the damaged bomber and without my leader i could not spot him.

The german campaign has any briefing,any story .Tried the first one and with autopilot,my aircraft didnt follow the rest of the squadron.

Please add some features to the very poor campaign,like a diary with your kills,medals,Pilots KIA or MIA.

brp51d
04-02-2011, 05:04 PM
After much testing my 95%loading problem occurs mostly when playing a missin with spitfire 1a or 2a. Whenever I set those planes to fly, the mission will not load. Also, I tried to set effects at high. Mission would not load and after exit through task manager and game restart, effects were at medium. Other missisons will also fail to load. However using other planes with medium effects, mission will load about 80% os the time. GRass, foresst amd shdows are off. tried new nvidia drivers 266.58 without effect.

My system is I7@3.9
6 gigs ram
gtx580
onboard sound
win vista 64

fps is very good. 1680x1050 models,landscape high.everything else medium or low,no clouda, no AA.

I think stuttering may be sound related

Further testing-loading missions with Spifire 1a or 2a always fail to load past 95%

Georgio41
04-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi all,
The current control system for bomber gunnery is far too complicated and makes them basically useless. I know the devs wanted to make the gun use hard to discourage online use, but to be honest this is rubbish.
A very enjoyable part of IL-2 for me and I'm sure many others was to defend against enemy fighters from the gunnery positions.
IL-2's use of the mouse to aim was perfect and made bomber defence on and offline an excellent experience.
Please consider a patch to enable a similar control system to IL-2 so that this facet of the sim is enjoyed by many flyers.

TheGrunch
04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
IL-2's use of the mouse to aim was perfect and made bomber defence on and offline an excellent experience.
It was ridiculously easy and not at all representative of the difficulty aerial gunners actually had. If Il-2 1946 was any indication of history turret fighters would have been the most deadly aircraft in the sky.

Anyway, more bugs:

Graphical corruption on multiplayer map Islands of Doom...

Visible seam on the water, blue box on the horizon, green line near island:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00001.jpg

Big blue landmass-like blobs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00002.jpg

Blue and green bars through island and water:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00006.jpg

In addition, every single flight except the one I took the lead of crashed into mountains during their flight, some immediately after takeoff and some mid-mission, due to the sharp terrain and their inability to react to it in any way whatsoever...they didn't even attempt to avoid it, just augered in blindly - in total one flight of Blenheims, one huge flight of He 111s, and two flights of 109s, one of which I spawned myself to see if they'd do it again:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-02_00007.jpg

Jurassic Park maps + *really* stupid AI = shenanigans. :-P

Settings all on full except Forest at Medium and Buildings Amount at Low, at 1280x1024 8xAA. System specs in my sig, video drivers ATI Catalyst 11.3, all settings on application specified in Catalyst Control Center except for Mipmap Detail Level on High Quality and Catalyst AI on Standard, but I will try again shortly with Catalyst AI disabled to see if this has any effect on game performance or visual glitches.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-02-2011, 06:09 PM
On ground, when taking off (tried it offline with a Spit 2a with the quick mission where one can take off from an RAF airfield to cross the channel and online in a Tigermoth on a server set up by a friend. Both times the same issue):

One wheel seems to stick deeper in the ground than the other making the wings very unlevel - considerably unlevel. It seems to occur particularly on the right wheel (Tiger Moth and Spit) but cannot exclude that other wheel is concerned too.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4846/bug02.jpg

I have some doubts about the artificial horizon of the Spit 2a. Not sure if it works as it indicates most of the time a steeply inclined horizon even when I fly considerably level.

Does the ground texture when having gras turned off also this dreadful look for you?

TheGrunch
04-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Disabling Catalyst AI has no effect, still the same graphical glitches. One of the huge group of He 111s survived this time though by turning aside! :lol:

Royraiden
04-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Engine sounds while flying the 110 disappear when I throttle up.

adonys
04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
moving waypoints doesn't work all the time in FMB (a restart of the FMB + reload of the mission is needed to "fix" it).

Rattlehead
04-02-2011, 11:01 PM
*In the FMB English Channel map, I can't see any airfields, even with the 'show all' option selected.
I can see bridges, but no airfields.

*Also, my plane was shot up from behind by enemy aircraft, but I heard no strikes on my plane. I only knew I had been damaged by looking at the port wing.

*Ai speech needs work. They all talk over each other, even on take off.

*Several graphical glitches as noted in other posts.

*Intermittent music on the title screen.

*The player can taxi through trees without taking damage.

*Ai ignores all commands in quick mission mode.

*Two thin verticall lines as reported by others.

*I don't know if this is a bug, but the BF109 doesn't seem to have elevator trim. The plane continually pitches up quite violently, and there is nothing that I can do to fix it.
The British planes seem fine.

TheGrunch
04-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Axis control setup feedback is very confusing. For radial controls on HOTAS that would be appropriate for trims and such, there are two meters, IN and OUT, which seem to report different data. Given this display of differing data it is difficult to know which of these things, IN or OUT, that the game is reading or to which meter that other control adjustments like deadzone, 0% position, etc pertains.
IN is what the axis is reporting in e.g. Control Panel, directly from the game controller, and OUT is what happens after the sliders alter the input and is the output that gets passed to the game.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Some minor bugs and glitches (not a priority right now I'd say).

Sorry, these occured during night flight (some glitches related to this as they only get visible there), so it might a bit difficult to see. I highlighten it with red colour markings where necessary.

first: when mirror is on there is no shimmering on the front side window of the spit. If mirror is switched off, shimmering appears on the front side windows. See following 2 images. The side concerned is a function of the cockpit light side. If lights on right side are turned on shimmering is on the right sight, if left light, shimmer is on left side. Noted on Aircraft Spitfire 2a

mirror turned on --> no shimmer
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4411/bug03a.jpg

mirror turned off --> shimmer
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8656/bug03b.jpg

A glitch exists for the Spit 2a: the red lights in the cockpit on the right side shine through the cockpit side walls (sorry imagehacks compresses the quality further to almost make it unrecognizable. But I asure you that ingame it really sticks out):
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7496/bug04.jpg

A bug occured during this same mission (online, Vulcain island map). Some pilots were hanging in the air as if in an aircraft but without an aircraft. Sorry for bad picture quality. It was really dark out there:
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/4075/bug05.jpg

Another minor thing that is a bit itchy: the reflextor light at night as extreme red shimmer for the spit 2A, at least when in flight. I didn't realize this while on ground. Pressing the button to reduce reflector light only produced a complete turning off of the reflector light. So no dimming was possible. I did not try to increase the light.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3998/itchy01.jpg

As already somebody noted I also got stars shining through every part of the plane (but not so the moon that is for my taste too small).

It would be nice to be able to switch on navigation lights and landing lights and ask ground control to light up the airfield for the future.

Unfortunately it is also not yet possible to record tracks. Well, at least I haven't found that control in the keybindings. Would be nice to have this in the future.

I recently had a small FM issue: I lost my left wing tip and left aileron in my 109 after a collision. I'd say that half a meter was lacking. However the effect on plane behaviour was almonst not noticable. A very very weak drop tendency of the left wing. The roll moment due to the engine is well stronger. No difficulty to land this plane safely.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1874/fmissue01.jpg

On the black line issue: I have the faint impression that it is in fact some sort of cursor marking as one would get when writing into the chat line ...

xnomad
04-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I bailed out last night and the chute appeared to be filled with helium, it took me forever to hit the drink.

I've only bailed out once, but going on that one time, I think the rate of descent is far too slow.

easytarget3
04-03-2011, 01:11 AM
hello,
today i flew quick missions-on very low resolution, 1x1 intercept, sound is strange,i can hear bullets how they hit a plane 300 meters away in closed cocpit, when i collided with wellington i vanished and the wellington carried on flying just with one engine slightly damaged, next refly when plane hits water and goes under the game slow down to 0 fps for long time,intercepting suterland wav not found,i was missing sound, my specs:Windows 7 64 bit,q6600 OC3.0Ghz,4GB ram,8800 gts 512 mb,10000 rpm hard disc,onboard sound realtek hd. even its buggy as hell i enjoyed the damage model a lot but what a pity, that iam limited to quick mission cause other is unplayable,impposible to land or take off,slideshow!

JumpingHubert
04-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Antialiasing not working. Only cockpit a little bit (2x). All above 2xAA ingame takes no effect. In external view it looks not nice.

Some info:
GTX570
nvidia driver newest beta and latest official @default
22" 1680x1050.

Devastat
04-03-2011, 08:12 AM
A.I. Seems very week somehow. You can flight near a bomber and the shooter in the back cannot hit you even you are 30 meters away.

David198502
04-03-2011, 08:19 AM
i recorded a track in FMB.but as i played the track later,it showed the default skin with the yellow nose of the bf and not the one i used during the mission.

Rickusty
04-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Fiat BR-20 bombers
1- cowl flaps not visible when trying to opening them. No 3d animation. They just stay there.
2 - Bomber aiming device = you can set only a maximum altitude of 2700 meters. Not more than that.

Fiat G.50 fighter = max speed at sea level 330 km/h (same as BR20 - lower than the Blenheim).
Max mmHg 700. It could reach in "WEP" mode , 860mmHg. Way too slow.

Cheers

dflion
04-03-2011, 09:10 AM
In the 'Land of Oz' its Sunday afternoon, its a beautiful day (what am I doing on the computer?) and I have just had an incredible 'crash free' fly with the the Spitfire 1 and Messerschmitt 109-E3 in BOB COD. All the land features have been turned down though the aircraft and airfield buildings are on high.

I have decided to turn everything on in the cockpit and just fly from A to B to familiarize myself with the aircraft. Everything is working well! I started with Ver. 1.00.13716 and have noticed 'Steam' has upgraded me to Ver. 1.00.13820. llya keep those upgrades coming!

For all the doubter's there is certainly some issues with this release, though the potential of IL2 ver.2 will be amazing. Firstly the map is something to behold, even though things don't work properly now, it can only get better. What I really like is the 'geographical relief' at ground level. It is a vast improvement on IL2 ver.1, you can look around and really see the landscape with its valleys and hills. The airfields look real - flat with low undulations.
From the air you can easily follow a large relief map.

Now to the cockpit. Firstly you need to understand where everything is (I have attached a Bf109 cockpit sketch I did for IL2 ver.1 - this might help a few people when all the cockpit features are turned on?). For all the the people having problems lowering the flaps on the Bf109, firstly turn everything on in the cockpit, then 'pan down' to the flap contol wheel (bottom left hand corner) and using your mouse raise or lower the flaps. If you understand the basics of flying a 'piston engined' aircraft you will be a lot better-off in this sim when everything is turned on. For the 'Newbies' some extra study will be very worthwhile.

Finally, you need to map your controls very carefully to make everything work. Sadly there isn't enough published info. to really get you started in this sim. this is a very bad omission?

DFLion

TheGrunch
04-03-2011, 09:33 AM
That's a nice summary dflion, but I don't think it really belongs in a bug reporting thread. :-P

Another bug/missing feature - no way to select gun belting presets in multiplayer when spawning aircraft.

Corrvan
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Completley unable to load game. Just get this when I try to open it.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/878/helps.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/helps.jpg/)

I am able to press [ and ] to change gamespeed at this screen, even though the menu has not loaded yet even.

i7 2.66, 6 gigs of corsair ram, asus rampage II gene mobo, nvidia GTX 480.
Running nvidia drivers 270.57. Reinstalled everything in the COD 'redist' folder, uninstalled .net and reinstalled from microsoft, updated direct x from the microsoft website, and deleted and redownloaded COD twice.
Still the same screen on startup.

touchdown42
04-03-2011, 10:18 AM
FMB issues:

- apparently unable to enter small hangars on german airfields, plane explodes
( this also happens if you select 'spawn parked' under 'Group Settings' )
- unable to spawn more than one plane group on an airfield, planes spawn at the same spot

Settings:
- no shadows
- buildings low
- trees low
- no AA
- everything else on high @ 1920x1200

in the attached mission i get ~25fps on the ground, ~20-30 in flight low over cities ( not London) and above 40 over rural land

2600k, stock speeds
8GB DDR3
Win7 64
6950/2GB stock bios

Triggaaar
04-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Win 7, 64bit, AMD 6970

Running the game, the Graphics Card Clock speed stays at 500 MGHz instead of going up to the maximum of 880 MGHz.

The GC usage is running at 100% and the clock speed should increase (I'm monitoring it, and it works in all other games). It's as if IL2 CoD isn't identifying itself as a 3D application to the GC software, not sure. But it definitely isn't right.

touchdown42
04-03-2011, 10:53 AM
What tool do you use to monitor this?
I just checked with Open Hardware Monitor and there i can only see the max values which went up to 800 for my card, mem clock up to 1250 max.

Max clocks for the CPU cores 48%/28%/28%/36% ?!?

But i don't know if this tool is reliable. At least the temp logs are comparable to the performance readout of the CCC.

jimbop
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Completley unable to load game. Just get this when I try to open it.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/878/helps.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/helps.jpg/)

I am able to press [ and ] to change gamespeed at this screen, even though the menu has not loaded yet even.

i7 2.66, 6 gigs of corsair ram, asus rampage II gene mobo, nvidia GTX 480.
Running nvidia drivers 270.57. Reinstalled everything in the COD 'redist' folder, uninstalled .net and reinstalled from microsoft, updated direct x from the microsoft website, and deleted and redownloaded COD twice.
Still the same screen on startup.

Are they beta nvidia drivers? I thought current version was 266.58?

Lhowon
04-03-2011, 11:21 AM

I have exactly the same problem (as do quite a few, see here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19862)) and I at least upgraded to those beta drivers because the FAQ suggested it. The current drivers do not work and nor do any others from what others say.

I've tried the same things as Corrvan and everything else I could think of/find with zero success. There doesn't seem to be any solution at all atm!

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Can somebody confirm or infirm this?

It seems to me that since yesterday I cannot trim my plane any longer. Actually, when using the keys for elevator trim it well activates the trip taps on the elevator in the desired direction. Unfortunately I cannot see this from cockpit as the trimming wheels are not animated.
But in flight I don't seem to be able to trim at all. I don't feel any difference ...

Russkly
04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Launcher error.

As per following post:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19874

Can't even start game consistently - sometimes I get in, sometimes not. Mostly not.

Have tried all suggested fixes.

R

Corrvan
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Indeed beta drivers, upgraded to them after getting this error with 266.58, as per the faq. =)

JG301_HaJa
04-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I concur about the clockspeed of the GPU not ramping up from idle sometimes.
On my system with crossfire disabled and HD 6870 cards and CCC 11.3 (the same with
11.2).

It's intermittent. It clocks up and down seemingly random sometimes and sometimes
it won't clock up at all?!

Tested with ATT monitoring option letting it run in the background and then shutting down
the game to watch the monitored timeperiod.

csThor
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Markings on ground vehicles (as can be set in FMB) do not show. I tried this yesterday - setting up a company of Panzer III and Panzer IV and assigned them to 1. Panzerdivision but no decals were shown (not even the obligatory Balkenkreuze).

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-03-2011, 01:07 PM
When taking off ground rolling sound persists even in flight with wheels retracted.

One thing I redid today on purpose with respect to the little black lines connected to the windows in the in-flight-screen: They appear in fact when one clicks INTO the window in order to activate them. They seem to some sort of cursor waiting for some written input. I handle them right now by leaving activated the frames and cautiously klicking on the frame when trying to activate this window. If they are once there only closing the window helps.

Wutz
04-03-2011, 01:38 PM
The barges have wake inside their hulls see screen shot
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/screenshots/Odd-barge.jpg

Zorin
04-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Markings on ground vehicles (as can be set in FMB) do not show. I tried this yesterday - setting up a company of Panzer III and Panzer IV and assigned them to 1. Panzerdivision but no decals were shown (not even the obligatory Balkenkreuze).

Already have it listed in my FMB bug report thread. Please use it to post futurre findings to keep it all in one place.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20024

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry, didn't have the strength to read through all, so there might be some redundance in my post.

Here's the Bug's I've found sofar:

1. Full mission builder - to ADD a plane to list (in spawn point), you need to DELETE it, and vice versa - so the buttons are switched. Same for ADD ALL/DELETE ALL
Edit: This actually works correct - however the labeling is confusing, as the left hand side states "available" and right side "selected". Thus I'd understand that "available" is the list where I can "select" the planes to use. In reality it's the otherway around. Planes listed in "available" are the ones used - this being the case, ADD and DELETE buttons work correct. However, I recommend changing the labeling
2. Tracks have stutter/lag that was not there in the actual play

3. 50% of my tracks so far stop after 10-30sec and crashes the whole client. The tracks behave the same in other comps too.

4. In game - AVI-converter doesn't work, might be related to not working tracks, as it sometimes seems to work fairly ok, at least for a while.

5. Sometimes, when plane on ground and not moving, there is constant "background" clanging (like you would be rolling on the ground) - it will stop when you take off, but after landing and coming to full stop and turning engine off, the sound still stays. I've had one time when this didn't happen and everything was "as it should".

6. When selecting quick mission and changing the aircraft (for example from spit to 109) and then flying - everything ok. After the mission you launch the same mission with same setup - you end up in spit, even if the mission-window indicated that you are flying a 109. This keeps happening, until you select another mission, select the mission you wanted again, and again change the plane.

7. Radio doesn't work in anyway (at least for me). I can't order my wingmen or contact ground. I can actually ask for takeoff/landing clearance, but I will never get response. No-one ever responses either by voice or by actions to my orders. Couldn't find anywhere what "frequency" I should use.

8. AI is (if possible) even more stupid than in "original" Il-2. While going to land, I had 7 109's in formation with me. I did ask for landing clearance (no answer of anykind for several minutes), I did order my group to do several other things, like go home, and so on. But they stayed right on my wing. So when I landed, ALL 7 of them made nice crashlands AT THE SAME TIME on both sides of the runway... It was both hilarious as well as very sad moment.

9. ADD (6/4/2011) - in FMB when you set a spawn area and mark it as "spawn as parked" the planes will randomly spawn on some airfield - these fields can be very far apart (several minutes of flight time ~ 100km?) - and usually NOT in the AF you placed the spawn area.

Now - the game is beautiful, the aircrafts behave as they should and (compared to the orig. Il-2) the dogfights are now much more like they should be. Weapons and ammunition behave more believable (goes to AA as well) The graphics are great and overall I'm VERY happy about it and this game has extreme potential. And the FMB is extremely promising, that future Online-wars will be awesome.

BUT - you'd think that after the so many years we've been waiting for this game, you'd do your testing yourself, not with paying customers. Or enlist volunteers to do the testing for free - because all of those bugs I've found are so obvious, that either you didn't do testing at all, or your testing team needs to be fired.
In future (patches, add-ons) - if you need free testing resources, feel free to contact me and my squadmates at www.lelv30.net.

While I'm at it - if anyone can send me how to make an "old time" dogfight multiplay map with FMB (people can join midfight, select ac and spawn on airfield) I'd appreciate it. Post a link to "how to" or send me a mission so I can open it and check it out myself.

I'll be updating this post with bugs as I find them.

- LeLv30_Finwolf -

TheGrunch
04-03-2011, 04:24 PM
When taking off ground rolling sound persists even in flight with wheels retracted.

One thing I redid today on purpose with respect to the little black lines connected to the windows in the in-flight-screen: They appear in fact when one clicks INTO the window in order to activate them. They seem to some sort of cursor waiting for some written input. I handle them right now by leaving activated the frames and cautiously klicking on the frame when trying to activate this window. If they are once there only closing the window helps.
Personally I have removed the red dialogue window and the blue secondary controls, etc. window and simply made visible window with a scrollbar that reports all of them in the bottom left of the screen, I'd recommend it.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-03-2011, 04:41 PM
@Finwolf: How do you record a track? I couldn't find the keybinding in the menu ...

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-03-2011, 04:50 PM
@Finwolf: How do you record a track? I couldn't find the keybinding in the menu ...

You need to press esc from the mission back to the menu, form there you can select "record track".

- Finwolf -

335th_GRAthos
04-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Please forgive me for not going through the previous pages to check,

Has anybody put on the list the shame that AI can see through thick clouds?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20425

Now that each of has has min 2 to 4 CPU cores in his mashine there is no way we are going to hear the same old story "too CPU intensive" again...

~S~

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks, Finwolf!

Another issue that I believe is not correctly implemented at least for the Spit 2a. It concerns elevator trimming (perhaps also for rudder and aileron trimming, didn't look at this).

Currently, when the trim tab is pointing up (that is its trailing edge) it works as nose up that is it reduced nose-down tendencies without trimming. When trim tab is pointing down it works as nose down. In other words trim tab down "pulls" the elevator down hence making dip the nose while trim tab up "pulls" elevator up hence making the nose go up.

I think it should be the other way round: trim tab down should "pull" elevator up hence making nose rise and trim tab up should "pull" elevator down hence making nose dip down.

Here a little drawing of the horizontal stabilizer with elevator and trim tab to illustrate what I mean.

The upper drawing presents the current situation while I think it should be like in the bottom drawing:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8618/trimtappositionissue.jpg

I tried to draw some qualitative stream lines as I think they would be on a real aircraft. I draw the lines closer where there is acceleration and pressure decrease.

Let's consider the upper side for a moment: The elevator and the horizontal stabilizer surface form a profile and with the elevator down the stream lines expand on the upper surface, accelerate and have air pressure reduced. Hence the air "sucks" the tail upward. Now the streamlines hit the trim tab that is - as seen from the air particles - like some sort of obstacle. The particle will rush against it and therefore will decelerate. Pressure climbs up. So lockally in this reagion the air wants to push the surface down. But it is important to note that this pushing down is only lockally that is where the trim tab is. From this results a moment that will push the elevator down so helping the pilot to push the nose down. That's exactly how we want it.

Of course the stream lines on the belly side experience it in the opposite way. First the stream lines want to push the tail up but locally near trim tab it wants to pull the elevator down.

I hope I was able to explain it as I see it in an understandable way.

TheGrunch
04-03-2011, 05:41 PM
=================================================
System.IO.IOException: File not found: $bob/maps/Online_Isles_of_Doom/texts.txt
at N2BiDI1oGweavJmGnhF.mXTj8h1rHOf2o0c2T5L..ctor(Stri ng )
at ULeav2VPGCHFqFwjsiV.ia6h66VIgadq7bLclIj.I6Q6w5DWE( String )
Exception found in logfile after loading Isles of Doom coop mission.

AFAIK you are absolutely correct about the trim tabs, Stormcrow.

TheGrunch
04-03-2011, 05:53 PM
System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
at System.Math.Sign(Double value)
at ZETt4qxhsHxetQbbDVp.dqxLQIxCOjffBIY180h.20jHL1x89R VffIrypcO.a7CwGm3Z9FsQV1FxvlEo(Double )
at ZETt4qxhsHxetQbbDVp.dqxLQIxCOjffBIY180h.20jHL1x89R VffIrypcO.IXKOWD7SP(Double , Vector3d& )
at ZETt4qxhsHxetQbbDVp.dqxLQIxCOjffBIY180h.20jHL1x89R VffIrypcO.N5Yt36r2t(Double )
at ZETt4qxhsHxetQbbDVp.dqxLQIxCOjffBIY180h.20jHL1x89R VffIrypcO.pdHqHvxvOGUb41G2vKf.SmWOt73ZDPdJEs5jkUVR (Object , Double )
at ZETt4qxhsHxetQbbDVp.dqxLQIxCOjffBIY180h.20jHL1x89R VffIrypcO.pdHqHvxvOGUb41G2vKf.tick()
at 5DlOOYc8sqVYqDBCsDl.dQCoRUcTmvlblpSWm23.q3B32omKj( )
at rqjmTh6fIqNWfkobtD.tTXnnLqJwQnT5L5Tns.LZoK80KjZBSF hLwj7bP(Object )
at rqjmTh6fIqNWfkobtD.tTXnnLqJwQnT5L5Tns.interpolateT ick()
Constantly repeated exception found in logfile while playing London Attack mission on multiplayer server. Log file size reached 18MB's worth of this exception repeated over and over before I closed the mission, in only about 2 minutes of play!

Licher888
04-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I've got problems with the sound.

Sounds like having carcks in every played sound while hearing radio messages.

While no radio-sound is played, everything sounds good, as soon as i receive a msg, the cracks appear.

Tried all sound configs possible, nothing solved the problem.

Specs are:

i5 750
8gb DDR3 1333mhz
HD 5850
x-fi titanium
win7 64bit premium

Russkly
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Finwolf!

Another issue that I believe is not correctly implemented at least for the Spit 2a. It concerns elevator trimming (perhaps also for rudder and aileron trimming, didn't look at this).

Currently, when the trim tab is pointing up (that is its trailing edge) it works as nose up that is it reduced nose-down tendencies without trimming. When trim tab is pointing down it works as nose down. In other words trim tab down "pulls" the elevator down hence making dip the nose while trim tab up "pulls" elevator up hence making the nose go up.

I think it should be the other way round: trim tab down should "pull" elevator up hence making nose rise and trim tab up should "pull" elevator down hence making nose dip down.

Here a little drawing of the horizontal stabilizer with elevator and trim tab to illustrate what I mean.

The upper drawing presents the current situation while I think it should be like in the bottom drawing:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8618/trimtappositionissue.jpg

I tried to draw some qualitative stream lines as I think they would be on a real aircraft. I draw the lines closer where there is acceleration and pressure decrease.

Let's consider the upper side for a moment: The elevator and the horizontal stabilizer surface form a profile and with the elevator down the stream lines expand on the upper surface, accelerate and have air pressure reduced. Hence the air "sucks" the tail upward. Now the streamlines hit the trim tab that is - as seen from the air particles - like some sort of obstacle. The particle will rush against it and therefore will decelerate. Pressure climbs up. So lockally in this reagion the air wants to push the surface down. But it is important to note that this pushing down is only lockally that is where the trim tab is. From this results a moment that will push the elevator down so helping the pilot to push the nose down. That's exactly how we want it.

Of course the stream lines on the belly side experience it in the opposite way. First the stream lines want to push the tail up but locally near trim tab it wants to pull the elevator down.

I hope I was able to explain it as I see it in an understandable way.

Think you're right - the current drawing shows an anti-balance tab usually seen on stabilators (prevents too drastic inputs at high speeds, I believe).

What you're showing is the balance or trim tab to reduce stick forces or to trim.

Says the student PPL pilot currently distance studying for all 7 JAR PPL exams...

R

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I just checked again: it seems that the trim tabs are indeed correctly implemented according to my drawings. Can somebody confirm this?

TheGrunch
04-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I just checked again: it seems that the trim tabs are indeed correctly implemented according to my drawings. Can somebody confirm this?
Just checked the Spit Mk. I and they're correct, but that doesn't mean they're correct on every aircraft I guess?

lothar29
04-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Hello, wanted to know that there is a problem which we are having quite a few people, which is that when you change some parameters graphics within the Simulator in video options, sometimes the Luncher.exe stops working with the following problem that the game hangs.

Me to last especially after test Flight Simulator window mode in order to enjoy a little more than... not you but it is a topic that has already happened I sometimes...

BobTuck
04-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I set up a quick high altitude dogfight (using FMB) over Hawkinge, with the spitfires in the dogfight set to land at Hawkinge when they were done.

I ran out of ammo early on, so landed and taxied inside a hangar and watched the melee. After quite some time, a few aircraft were dogfighting at very low altitude (all below 3000 feet). When reduced to 1 ME109 and a handful of spits, the spitfires chose to land, and the 109 decided to strafe the spits on the open airfield, which it did with ease.

It then turned its wrathful attention to those spits that had huddled inside the safety of the hangars (including me). It started its attack dive, and when about 2000 feet up, on a dive angle of about 30 to 40 degrees, it started firing at one of the spits poking out of the hangar. As soon as it started firing, it stopped/hovered in mid-air, still firing, as it took its time to riddle the spit and set it on fire. It was like an (:evil:) end of level boss, and frighteningly awesome in its ability to bend time, gravity and space to its own will. :eek: :confused:

Just to prove its own skill, it did it again, this time firing at a spit that was fully protected by the hangar, but the uber-BF tried to shoot out the hangar windows! I was truly scared (and hid under my spit!) It was like something out of Doctor Who. :grin:

My system is a core2 quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz), with 4GB ram, 64 bit windows 7 OS, and geforce GTX460 graphics card.

BobTuck.

Rattlehead
04-03-2011, 11:42 PM
As soon as it started firing, it stopped/hovered in mid-air, still firing, as it took its time to riddle the spit and set it on fire. It was like an (:evil:) end of level boss, and frighteningly awesome in its ability to bend time, gravity and space to its own will. :eek: :confused:

Just to prove its own skill, it did it again,.

How did the Germans lose the battle with such amazing pilots and/or planes?? :-P

Jwam
04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Sometimes, the sound of rolling gear remains during the flight.

Here is a video to show you this bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-gHL7z7vQ

Wolfy20x5
04-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi, firstly the game runs beautifully and is excellent

I noticed too stars through the cockpit dash
Major bug for me is when flying online over direct connect which took me several hours to resolve is I cannot hear other peoples aircraft. No sound what so ever other than my own.

PC
Win 7 64bit
Soundblaster X-FI Extreme
4GB DDR3 1600
ATI XFX 5850 Black (765) Zaba
I5 Quad 3.04Ghz

With trees and building low I can run full settings and works well.

BadAim
04-04-2011, 04:16 AM
Not sure if anyone else caught this, but the animation for the radiator in the hurrie is backwards: when you open the rad it closes graphically, and vice verse. It physically works fine though.

seaeye
04-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Some bugs:

1) Gunsight on low illumination setting disapppears in shadow, but reappears in direct sunlight (reversed??)

2) In full realism I managed to belly land a 109 with only my port wing. Applied full left rudder and managed to land with no firther damage to the aircraft.

3) When playing back tracks, the engine doesn't behave as it did in the original flight, as well as that the oil pressure gauge didn't drop in the track as it did in the original flight.

4) Ground noise in 109, Hurri and Spit when stood still.

5) Can't fit Spit with tracers, or modify any loadouts in the QMB. Also, I vote for the return of the old QMB!! Nothing wrong with that and far more customisable.

That's all I can think of right now, sorry if any of these a repeated.

System Specs:
Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard
Phenom X4 965 Black Edition CPU - OC to 3.7Ghz
Asus HD6870 Direct CU 1Gb DDR5 GPU
Vengeance 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
WD 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache Caviar Blue HDD
Arctic Freezer 2 CPU Cooler
580W PSU

jimbop
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Also, I vote for the return of the old QMB!! Nothing wrong with that and far more customisable.

+1 including the ability to choose AI level if possible.

reflected
04-04-2011, 11:47 AM
-Saving loadouts doesn't work

-can't choose skins

-Can't choose anything in quick missions (whatever happened to the good old il2 QMB? I remember Oleg saying that CoD QMB will be better...well...

-Sounds - they're a placeholder, right?

-Chatter - ditto. Only 1 actor, saying 10 things at a time, and the end is always cut off.

-Radio commands: noone cares about them, nobody answers either.

-Spitfire MKI - 2 pitch prop, Spitfire MKIa - constant speed prop, Spitfire MKIIa - constant speed prop, Merlin XII. That's how it's supposed to be.

-RAF code letter fonts: WRONG! see here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19022
(with a download link to the correct fonts)

-Ground noise, even when the airplane is standing still.

senseispcc
04-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I have flown in it only once but I did see that none of the instruments did work in this Fiat G50!

Untamo
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
S!

Posting for a friend who has this graphical problem while flying over water.

These shots were taken over the channel, the "Free flight-channel" on QMB.

http://untamo.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Pelit/Il-2 Sturmovik/Cliffs of Dover/illu2.JPG/full

http://untamo.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Pelit/Il-2%20Sturmovik/Cliffs%20of%20Dover/illu3.JPG/full

He described it "as if the sea had been covered with this awful green tapestry from the 70's" :D

As he flies lower, the sea begins to appear below as seen in the second pic.

As said, this happens only on water. Pics taken with high settings, though he says that the same happens with low settings.

His graphics settings are as follows:
Resolution: 1680x1050, Full screen: on, Detail level: custom, Model detail: high, buildings detail: high, Land detail: High, Forest: high, Visual effects: high, Anti-aliasing: off, Anti-epilepsy filter: off, Damaged decals: high, Buildings amount: high, Land shading: high, Grass: off, Shadows: on, Roads: on

PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+ 2.8GHz, ATI RADEON Club 3D 5770 1GB, 2xA-Data 2GB DDR2 800MHzCL6, MSI K9N Neo-F

ATI v11.3 drivers installed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: OS is Windows Xp 32 bit.

-Untamo

addman
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Radio comms are broken, can't communicate with either flightmembers nor ground control.

Buzpilot
04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
My GPU runs very hot, I read somwhere else it's running 100%, so until next patch that fix that, I'll have to leave CoD alone.
Also some minor bugs I noticed; All full realism...
The Throttle moves to zero input, if pressing 'I' don't do a successful start. (please kill that ghost, no automatic help needed on full realism)
In full mission builder, the first Hurricane, with Rotol prop ( guessing here), have some strange control while warming up, could not lower full mix, but it suddenly went from max to bottom when i once selected more mix.
Also the two different Hurricanes can't use same Ammo loadout, saved different places i guess.
I wish there was a copy and paste function for ammo loadouts, from weapon#1 - #8

Wolf_Rider
04-04-2011, 04:44 PM
nvcp seems to recogise only the .exe. name

eg... assign COD launcher.exe and the DCS (launcher.exe) icon will appear after closing nvcp and reopening.

pilot controls aircraft after "bailing out" after ground belly landing

lothar29
04-04-2011, 06:36 PM
nvcp seems to recogise only the .exe. name

eg... assign COD launcher.exe and the DCS (launcher.exe) icon will appear after closing nvcp and reopening.

pilot controls aircraft after "bailing out" after ground belly landing

could get a screenshot on your configuration in the nvidia control panel...Please.

I when I added Luncher.exe to control panel Simulator worsens its operation

335th_GRAthos
04-04-2011, 09:16 PM
S!

Posting for a friend who has this graphical problem while flying over water.

These shots were taken over the channel, the "Free flight-channel" on QMB.

He described it "as if the sea had been covered with this awful green tapestry from the 70's" :D

As he flies lower, the sea begins to appear below as seen in the second pic.

As said, this happens only on water. Pics taken with high settings, though he says that the same happens with low settings.

His graphics settings are as follows:
Resolution: 1680x1050, Full screen: on, Detail level: custom, Model detail: high, buildings detail: high, Land detail: High, Forest: high, Visual effects: high, Anti-aliasing: off, Anti-epilepsy filter: off, Damaged decals: high, Buildings amount: high, Land shading: high, Grass: off, Shadows: on, Roads: on

PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+ 2.8GHz, ATI RADEON Club 3D 5770 1GB, 2xA-Data 2GB DDR2 800MHzCL6, MSI K9N Neo-F

ATI v11.3 drivers installed.

-Untamo

The solution I posted already.

Switch FOREST = OFF and this should immediately fix your problem
If still having problems search the posts of 355th_GRAthos and you should be able to find my post with exactly the same pictures and my setup.

Happy flying!

DumKopf
04-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Probably posted (perhaps a mod needs to make a list?).

Mission loads, hit full throttle, put flaps down, flaps go down for around 5 seconds then start retracting again without any warning.