PDA

View Full Version : Describe issues with BOB COD that need patch - for Oleg, Luthier

Pages : 1 [2]

jimbop
04-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Probably posted (perhaps a mod needs to make a list?).

Mission loads, hit full throttle, put flaps down, flaps go down for around 5 seconds then start retracting again without any warning.

Which aircraft?

DumKopf
04-05-2011, 02:17 AM
Which aircraft?

I'm doing single player campaign, around mission 3 or 4 (I'll confirm the exact details when I can), it's one of the hurricanes.

edit: Oh, and it seems to can't complete the missions, so I've just hit "Next" each time.

schnorchel
04-05-2011, 03:07 AM
some axis setting issues, when assigned an axis for such flap or radiator and go back to the game, the throttle does not work anymore.

klem
04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Forgive me for not reading all 26 pages so if its already been picked up, my apologies.

Can the MAP size and position be Saved?

My ammo belt Saved profile disappeared after re-entering the game. Actually I don't know if it stayed on the list when I Saved it but Save it I did.

klem
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
.... and one more if it hasn't been picked up.

Apart from several guys saying their Hurricane fuel cocks no longer Click there is the problem that the Clicking cycle takes you through :-

Off - Main - Reserve - Off, i.e. you can't go back to Main from Reserve.

I think it needs two clickable areas, + and - to go forward and back (like there is for setting the Gyro).

kingpinda
04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
.... and one more if it hasn't been picked up.

Apart from several guys saying their Hurricane fuel cocks no longer Click there is the problem that the Clicking cycle takes you through :-

Off - Main - Reserve - Off, i.e. you can't go back to Main from Reserve.

I think it needs two clickable areas, + and - to go forward and back (like there is for setting the Gyro).

In addition to this: In some cases. Mine and a couple of others I know about, The fuel cock is simply dead. Not clickable and keys bound to fuelcock#1 toggle, next, previous in addition to the axes bind, is not responding in game. I've tried binding to be safe fuelcock#1 to#8 just to be save. No go. So for us the few. The hurricane is not flyable in campaign. Since you need to get fuel running in order to take off :p

edit: weird thing is, all was well 2 days ago. Now its broken.

It seems that the fuel cock stops working when you enable the Engine Temperature Effects. I can start the hurricane just fine with ETE turned off but it simply wont start when it's enabled.

This should narrow it down hopefully for the devs. but above quote is only relevant now. 2 days ago I was flying with this enabled and it worked fine.

edit: above quote is actually not the culprit to this problem. its the "Limited Fuel" disabled which causes the fuel cock to be dead. Normally I would guess you wouldnt need the fuel cock when you have unlimitless fuel, were it not that the fuel cock on take off is set to OFF by default. so the devs should when all major issues are taken care of make sure that when limitless fuel is disabled then the fuel cock is set to MAIN at all times.

For now set your "limited fuel" to ON in the realism options.

Conte Zero
04-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I quote you all about several bugs and I don't want to repeat.

This one I hope is a new entry maybe: I was shot down by a bomber, my BF109 crashed and I died (ctrl/E does not work for me.... no eject!) but listen to this: the rest of the squadron followed me!! They all pointed their noses to the grund and went for a deadly faceplant like a band of dumb kamikazes
I was astonished.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-05-2011, 02:16 PM
It seems that no emergency power (12 lbs boost) is available for the Merlin. At least pressing the key doesn't provoke any altering in boost.

Rattlehead
04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
* The game suddenly has stopped recognizing my Z axis. (X-52 pro)
* All the info boxes that I removed are mysteriously back.
* All my controls have reverted back to default, and I can no longer seem to save my control settings.

Update:

I can save my settings again, but the Z axis is still not being recognized.

Waaagh
04-05-2011, 04:25 PM
None of the Quick Mission scenarios load for me. The bar proceeds to 100 %, then the game locks up. Only way around this is to kill it via task manager.

Sometimes clicking on menu options causes the game to completely lock up, necessitating a reboot. This is erratic, and I´ve not been able to reproduce this with the same options twice.

The training scenarios all load, but performance is abysmal. Sometimes the game crashes midflight, only to be shut down via task manager. Didn´t try any of the SP missions yet because performance is too low.

Nowhere near the league of IL2 right now. Uninstalling this and reinstalling 1946. Will continue to pay attention to these forums though to see what fixes are being supplied.

Edit: none of the missions load, and when constructing a mission in FMB, they don´t load either.

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Nvidia GTX260
3 gigs of ram
Windows XP SP3 32bit

klem
04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
It seems that no emergency power (12 lbs boost) is available for the Merlin. At least pressing the key doesn't provoke any altering in boost.

I experience the same but the manual says the full throttle travel takes it to 110% which = WEP. Does your full throttle take the boost gauge to +12?

btw I just read that you can set the position on your Throttle travel that represents 100% boost by using the "100%" slider in the Axis control for Throttle. I guess I'll move mine to about 90% travel to ensure I get 110% at full travel. Is yours set fully to the right? Is that then only delivering 100% at full throttle and preventing 110%/WEP? Just guessing as I'm not at the CoD PC atm.

JZG_Con
04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
ok here goes....
1. joystick lag . slow responce setting are at 100%
2. trackir 4-5 not center laggy.
3. trimm way out. ME109.
4. laggy when in combat enemy up close.
5. sound is in mono .there some good sound flies out there .
6. no kill zone range for guns / cannons .(200m or 300m 0r 500m) like il-2.
7. pilots voices need to be fixed . become anoying like me
8. black lines in the sea.
9. keep up the good work ..cockpits are awsome
10. oh and tracer rounds smoke and trails please , like the ME109 has..for all aircraft .

hemi426
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi everybody, is there an admin here who have an e-mail address, where I can send my DxDiaq report and various NET Runtime error raports of hang-ups and buggs I have had.???

Running with graphics settings as follows:Resolution: 1680x1050, Full screen: on, Detail level: custom, Model detail: high, buildings detail: low, Land detail: low, Forest: off,
Visual effects: high, Anti-aliasing: off, Anti-epilepsy filter: off, Damaged decals: high, Buildings amount: low, Land shading: low, Grass: off, Shadows: off, Roads: off.

Fbs by Fraps: 1 - 24 with one plane flying, tryed missionbuilder and 6 bombers and one fighter, fps vent down to 5 - 9 specially when flying over landscape.

After ending an mission, not able to come back to missionbuilder without freezing/hang upp, have to shoot down with task manager.

When flying Spitfire, not able to adjust mixture... either full rich or nothing at all.

Sometimes there is some gauges missing.

When watching tracks, there is no engine sound on opposite planes. And after some time, there is no sound or tracers from my own gunns.

After shutting down the engine... sound is stil there with the sound from landing.

If i turn the forrest on... there is just nice green carpet all over the sea. And when i hit the F10 button, all turn out to grey... pretty fancy...

I hope, there is really an uppdate coming soon... keep up good working. :cool: And sorry for to replay tasks...

I'm running XP Prof. Service Pack 3.

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ MMX,3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1305MB used, 2633MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: LG L226W(Digital)
Monitor Max Res: 1680,1050
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6724 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/23/2011 08:27:00, 6398720 bytes

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Could we have in the far future moving pilot heads moving alongside the player head? In Rise of Flight it adds a lot to the atmosphere when one travels alongside a friend and you indeed can look at each other ... :)

A little less important: Can we again have player profils via COD rather than steam as in il2 sturmovik?

But more on the upper priority:
I experience some severe launcher problems recently that make COD shut down. Others seem to have the same problem.

The Spitfire mirror has some strange pixeling. I usually turn it off as it reduces my fps.

I also have issues with the fmb, I cannot place spawn places or other objects. I though can place airfields and local weather ...

Buster_Dee
04-06-2011, 02:35 AM
First time posting. Been reading this forum for 5 years. Not here to complain. Just letting you know my rig and current FPS I am getting in game.

OK so I am in Melbourne Australia. Installed the Collector edition last night (cool cloth map). Key would not recognise with Steam. Logged in this morning and it works.. Fewww Awesome.. AAAA NO!

Known issues:

SLI not working. You will get black menu's and the game runs like a dog. So if you have SLI on turn it off and that fixes the black menu issues. Say bye bye to full graphics.

In Game I am sad to say (until epilepsy filter is removed and SLI works and CPU use is better managed I can not play)

On low graphics (what's the point) I get 30FPS and lots of Stutter and this is over the water only. 8-14 fps over land.

Not complaining.. I know patches and fixes are on the way. But here are my specs so you know what to expect. I can not run this game on any settings above low.

I run Arma2 on full graphics settings in SLI and that is a demanding game and get 45fps @ 1980x1080

Not running in sli I see 1 core been used at 70-90% the other 3 cores minimal below 10%.
GPU1 used at 80-95% when not run in SLi. GPU2 not used at all as sli turned off.

Below is giving me 8-14fps over land and 14-30fps over water on low to medium settings

Win64 7 ultimate Professional
Panasonic 42' LCD @ native 1980x1080
Q6600 oc to 4.0ghz - fan air cooled
8gig ddr3 OCZ ram
780i EVGA MB
128 OCZ SSD
2x 285GTX SLI

Bring on the patching! :D Love your work Oleg and Team. Look forward to the patching. may it be swift.

If anyone has any clues as to why game is so slow even on q6600 let me know. I am wanting to upgrade this weekend if patches help but have not seen any high end posts yet.

Just a little confused. I have 790i, which I thought introduced DDR3. I thought 780i had DDR2.

tf_neuro
04-06-2011, 04:20 AM
It would be great if CoD could use the option Use3Renders=1 like the old IL-2.
For users on 3-monitor setups the IL-2 way works much better than simply zooming out.

Comrade_Mike
04-06-2011, 05:33 AM
possible glitch, i was in a spit and had just emptied my ammunition into a He 111 who didn't seem to notice, anyway, one thing led to another and i rammed him in the fuselage between the wing and tail, he survived, i didn't, surprise surprise. the odd thing was my plane just disappeared, no debris, no nothing. this was in some MP mission with a friend who happened to be spectating and he mentioned seeing the same thing.

Dano
04-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Rivers and waterways: They get wider in the distance which looks very odd, should be that they get smaller. I guess it's something to do with the way that the engine generates a lower resolution terrain for distant landscape.

jimbop
04-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Rivers and waterways: They get wider in the distance which looks very odd, should be that they get smaller. I guess it's something to do with the way that the engine generates a lower resolution terrain for distant landscape.

And while we're on the topic I'm sure it's been mentioned but the wave height is too great, especially on the rivers where it is very noticeable.

poudjik
04-06-2011, 11:09 AM
when we start the game we're dropped onto a bugged menu where we can't do anything. Still can't play the game AT ALL since the release...

issue described here under "CoD won't fully start up"
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19862

My specs:

STEAM VERSION of COD

Vista 64
Quad Q9550
Ati 4890 1gb
6Gb RAM

swiss
04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Need:
AUDIO: Volume

Can't believe it's not there.

Dano
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Need:

Indeed, noticed that last night.

Corrvan
04-06-2011, 12:01 PM
when we start the game we're dropped onto a bugged menu where we can't do anything. Still can't play the game AT ALL since the release...

issue described here under "CoD won't fully start up"
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19862

I also have this issue, Windows 7 64
STEAM VERSION
i7 2.66ghz
Nvidia GTX 480
6 gig corsair ram
I've also posted in that thread, but would really like to be able to launch the game so I can complain about horrible frame rates too!

klem
04-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Need:

Definitely! We could not hear eachother on TS3 until we edited the volume in conf.ini

There comes a point where you need to put a steak in the ground.
George W. ??

b101uk
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I have found a terrain problem ware the height is misplaced.

Its on the south cost of England, near waypoint 5 of the early campaign mission ware you are transferring from Tangmere (Hurricane) to a spitfire squadron some way along the south cost and you get bounced by ~6 bf109 about 2min after takeoff.

CharveL
04-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I have found a terrain problem ware the height is misplaced.

Its on the south cost of England, near waypoint 5 of the early campaign mission ware you are transferring from Tangmere (Hurricane) to a spitfire squadron some way along the south cost and you get bounced by ~6 bf109 about 2min after takeoff.

There must be a couple of those kicking around as I flew by one in the middle of a river somewhere.

kingpinda
04-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi there,

Klem and I posted somewhere on here about a fuel cock problem with the hurricane where it was unresponsive to mouse clicks and binds.

The problem is the following: If you disable "limited fuel" in realism then you can't operate the fuel cock.

Since the fuel cock in the campaign (this is the only game option i have tested) is set to off initially this causes serious problems for take off. Read:you can't :)

So be sure to set "limited fuel" to ON in realism menu untill the devs can fix this.

tf_neuro
04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Controls in the Spitfire work at random. Hit a key, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
Move a slider, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
(antropomorphic controls disabled, problem still there)

Problem encountered the only one time I tried the spitfire, on one of the stock multiplayer games (volcanic islands). I was the host. Another guy flying spitfires in the same mission (client) reported no problem.

specs
i7 970
Asus Rampage 3
GTS 250
6G DDR3

Settings:
All low or very low, except for
Detail (high)
Effect (medium)
roads and shadows on, grass off.

meplay
04-06-2011, 04:03 PM
has the horizontal stabilizer been mentioned?

im wanna level bomb stuff :P

Gromic
04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Hi Luthier,

Thank you for doing all you can, as fast as you can. Stomping bugs isn't done at once and I realize it will take numerous attempts to get them all. Please remember to take a break once in a while or you'll get sore feet.

Another bug has possibly reared its head, although this one is only an issue with users that have multiple network adapters installed.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20656

Cheers

II/JG54_Emil
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
German translation problem:
In the options where you can set your keys it says in German Schlüssel which mean Key with which you open a lock.
It should say Tastatur or Tasten. These are the ones that you find on your keyboard.

robtek
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
It seems that in multiplayer the axis single engine fighters spawn without ammo.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Shouldn't the Merlin III (Spit 2a) have 12 lbs /sq.in with emergency boost (100 octane fuel)? Currently it has only 8 max it seems. From "Spitfire in action" it says that the Spit 2 used the 100 octane fuel ...

lep1981
04-07-2011, 11:46 AM
has the horizontal stabilizer been mentioned?

im wanna level bomb stuff :P

Oh yes please FIX THE HORIZONTAL LEVEL control!! :-P

Littlepea
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks for this game.

I think when all the troubles will be ok, it will be a nearly perfect game.

No graphic problems.

But a lot in the main menu.
- Audio menu: can't change the volume (as it already said).
- in flight, after some loops, my Artificial Horizon sucks. Is it normal?
- Campaign: Can't save my game!! In the menu, the only thing I could do is come back, New.There is no loading button.
- Multiplayer: any server. I can't play in multiplayer.
- There is no plane settings before launching the game (can't choose my amno explosive bullets, fire bullets...) and with some planes my only choice is "empty" for the ammo even if i choose dogfight.

Is it normal or is my game suck? :confused:

Sorry for my english.

TheGrunch
04-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Gyroscopic gauges can tumble easily. Only problem is that it seems quite often that they weren't working to start with in this sim.

Still lots of landscape errors with the beta patch (the big blue one is one I never had before personally, as well):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-07_00007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-07_00010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/TheGrunch/2011-04-07_00008.jpg

DrPepper
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
When I go to press "Start Record" the game freezes and I am unable to press fly to return to the game. I have to open task manager to end the launcher.exe process.

Tree_UK
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Ive got a big problem with my saitek X52 pro, I simply cannot change sttings, everytime i want to input a setting (flaps for example) I click on change and before i can press the desired key or joystick button another setting appears which i dont wish to use, when i select 'clear' that same unwanted setting comes back. i spent over an hour trying to resolve this, then eventually gave up!.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Another minor bug: When I am inside a mission and I go to main screen with ESC then choose "Steuerung" (where you set the key bindings) and then return to the mission the aircraft axes are blocked, at least my joystick movements don't have any impact. I though still can activate buttons etc. It is solved when restarting the mission but it can only be a work around for the future me thinks.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Ships can be seen through clouds as long as oneself is outside the cloud (minor bug)

klem
04-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Ive got a big problem with my saitek X52 pro, I simply cannot change sttings, everytime i want to input a setting (flaps for example) I click on change and before i can press the desired key or joystick button another setting appears which i dont wish to use, when i select 'clear' that same unwanted setting comes back. i spent over an hour trying to resolve this, then eventually gave up!.

Tree I have that problem on Axis settings and it's due to a twitchy Axis that jumps in ahead of what I am trying to set. I have to move my twitchy axis until I find a quiet spot then select what I want. If yours is a button problem you could have a noisy button or a twitchy Axis that you have set to Banded and programmed keys into.

Think about what is barging in and whether or not the above could be the problem. Look in the Windows Controller properties for your X52 and see if anything is twitchy.

btw, my twitchy Axis is on my second old X45 that I use for various other Axes/buttons but it is quite happy to hijack a setting I want to use for my X52 (main stick).

Zorin
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
As this was deleted in another tread....

The game does load all texture LODs for every object instead of just the LOD0.

As my system is ratehr slow I can watch this rathr pronounced effect whenever I switch between cockpit view and external view, for example. I will always see te game load the LOD4-0 instead of just loading LOD0, which can't be very efficient. Yet would explain why approaching an object, plane or crowded city, will result in heavy stuttering, while on the retrun leg everything is fine as all LOD textures are already int he cache.

Any thoughts?

322Sqn_Bbird
04-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Great game with lot of potential.

I heve heard that Hotas of any manufacturer isn't supported ?
I use a Logitech G940 Hotas set and that isn't supported at all.
Throttle responds half way the other 50% isn't been picked up, respons when backing up the throttle from full, the first 50% is not responding.
In the options screen/controls is i miss the Stick selector to choose from :(

Fall_Pink?
04-08-2011, 06:22 PM
- When I shit/ctrl-f2 to cycle through all planes and come back to my own plane, all sound seems gone.
- still missing radio commands (no confirmation, no response). Am I missing something here?
- AI: Sometimes acceptable and looking good, but on other occassions they crash into the sea for no apparant reason or crash in to me or other wingmen. Need however more time to look at ace and veteran levels.

Rgs,
FP

123-Wulf-123
04-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Here is my problem, and I know I am not alone there are MANY posts by people with many different controllers, all reporting the same problem.

The game will not recognise my controller axes.

I have 3 CH controllers and the game simply will NOT recognise the axes when I click in the change box.

Please do not patronise me by telling me how easy it is to make the game see axes, I have played IL2 from DAY 1; I KNOW HOW TO SET THE AXES; in that game and in this one.

I am using Win 7 64 bit and as I say the game WILL NOT RECOGNISE my controller axes.

ChocsAway
04-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Probably already mentioned but:-

Anti Aliasing/Anisotropic filtering still not working correctly ie still lots of jaggies and shimmering present.

In padlock view when destroyed planes hit the sea or land there is no crash or splash, they just seem to disappear on impact.

ME 109 machine guns sound like a synthesized drum roll!

Still lots of stuttering at low/medium altitudes along with wildly varying frame-rates.

Setting up joystick/throttle axis needs attention ie 'jumping' and not remembering saved settings.

Exiting the campaign game means starting again, ie progress is not saved.

Aircraft customisation/loadout/paint schemes are not saved/usable

Radio Comms not working.

Ai planes crashing for no reason. Ai not taking evasive action when under fire.

Trees flying out of enemy planes when they are being hit by machine gun fire (LOL !)

Wot! No widescreen support!!!

Multi-player still broken.

More to come! : )

System specs:-

Q9550@3.8
Nvidia GTX480 on 266.58 drivers
4gb ram
1680x1050 res
Sounblaster Extreme Music

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Occasionally huge discrepancy between external view and cockpit view:

when I sit in my cockpit I fly around as usual. When I switch to external view it happened to me once that I no longer could control the aircraft and it behaved as if autopilot was switched on (it wasn't).

Also on this occasion I had my engine badly damaged and it only turned through wind. In external view it was still running (though not well) and I would bet that I even got some thrust from it ...

emtguf
04-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Axis do not work for me as well.

The game will not see my controllers no matter what I do.

FS~Noonan
04-09-2011, 03:20 AM
I also have the unrecognized controller axes problem, and agree with Wulf...it seems to be a 64-bit Windows issue. That is the only common denominator among everyone with the problem who has posted their specs. I will also post this in the controls section.

Mine:
Saitek Aviator
Saitek Throttle Quadrent
CH Rudder Pedals
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Asus P5KC
Intel Q6600
8 GB DDR2
Palit GTX 460

Sokol1
04-09-2011, 04:27 AM
Think that tail wheel of Blenheim have a problem, still offset to right even if rudder is trimmed to left. The command "Lock tail skid" (dont find "Lock tail wheel) dont work in this plane.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1976/rudderblen.jpg
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3927/rudderble.jpg

Sokol1

TwistedAdonis
04-09-2011, 06:49 AM
The thing that annoys me the most at the moment is the broken campaign. Every mission ends with a Battle Failure screen even after successfully completing the objectives. Not many people seem to have mentioned this. Is this because you don't play the campaign or because you have managed to get a success screen?

I also have the long black lines on the screen.

Comms do not work.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I occasionally get a crash down with following message:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: launcher.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03: 4d6e3d08
Problemsignatur 04: core
Problemsignatur 05: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 06: 4d9ef732
Problemsignatur 07: b6f
Problemsignatur 08: 6
Problemsignatur 09: System.AccessViolationException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Harlock
04-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi,

I would like to see the option of binding both a keyboard an joystick button to a specific function.

For example, F1 for internal view, if I remap this a button on my G940 and I try to use F1 on the keyboard it doesn't work.

Note, just an example!

I normally map the "zoom" key in view to buttons, but would like to use both KB and Joystick.

Intel Core@ Due 8200
8GB Ram
EVGA GTX570
Windows 7 64bit

Kurfürst
04-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Small control bug with the 109E-3 when antropomorphic controls are enabled: using the flap wheel you can't trim the tailplane at the same time with the other wheel,

In reality both were located on the same place for exactly this reason: so they could be operated at the same time by the left hand. Pilot could thus compensate for trim changes occuring from lowering the flaps. It should be changed that using the flaps do not disable using elevator trim on 109E.

I tend to suspect that the rotational direction

See: http://www.kurfurst.org/Tactical_trials/109E_UKtrials/Morgan.html

" Longitudinal trimming is effected by means of an adjustable tailplane having a 12 deg. incidence range and operated mechanically from a handwheel on the pilot's left; this wheel is mounted concentrically with the flap-actuating wheel, and by winding both wheels together the pilot automatically compensates for the change of trim due to flaps.

4.23. Longitudinal. – The adjustable tailplane is controlled from a 11.7-in. diameter wheel on the pilot's left (Fig. 3) ; 5.75 turns are required to move the tailplane through its full angular range (+ 3.4 deg. to - 8.4 deg.) and the wheel rotation is in the natural sense, i.e. winding forward pushes the nose of the aircraft down."

http://www.kurfurst.org/Tactical_trials/109E_UKtrials/Morgan.html

Canopy opening/jettisoning on Bf 109E-3 in flight is also curious. It opens very slowly but closes very quickly for no appearant reason, considering the forces acting on the side-opening canopy. If anything it should be tough to push it against the slipstream at the start, but then it would probably even open fully wildly on it's own.. opening sequence could be much better animated, and should be non-linear.

I have only live experience with the much heavier 109G canopy (it is INDEED heavy, with all the steel tubes and heavy armored glass attached, but this is a ligthweight Emil canopy of aluminium frame).

Though it was not designed to be opened in level flight I suspect that flying straight would not impose any difficulty opening it, but having slideslip would, both positive and negative, depending on the vector of the wind. AFAIK the 109 had no locking for the fully open canopy, so making a roll should or having a left slideslip with the canopy open would probably slam it shut it on its own.

The jettisoning feature works, but it seems to be animated rather poorly, and it happens in milliseconds without any sound effect. Pilot was supposed to lean forward when operating the emergency jettison handle It would be nice eyecandy if this pilot POV movement would be added.

Canopies also don't seem to react to airspeed much. I have tested this on the Spitfire, because I was curious about how the canopy would open at high speed. It opens instantly,. Appearantly there's no difference, however in real life they had some trouble with this probably due to the slipstream effects. In Alfred Price's The Spitfire Story, page 58, quotes Handling trials of Spitfire K 5054. The relevant part:

[b]"The cocpit is easy to enter and leave when the aeroplane is on the ground and footsteps on the wing are not considered neccesary. At speeds over 300 mph ASI the cocpit cover is very difficult to open, altough it has been opened at 320 mph ASI, and will stay open. Attention should be given to this question, as it is most important that the pilot should be able to get out of the aeroplane at the very highest speeds without difficulty. A small air flap operated by handles on the sliding cover might make it easier to open at high speeds."

Note: This problem was rectified on later Marks by adding a canopy jettisoning system, a form of a rubber ball which enabled pilot to manually jettison the canopy instead of trying to open it.

335th_GRAthos
04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi,
I would like to see the option of binding both a keyboard an joystick button to a specific function.

Strange, normally if you read the manual (don't tell me you didn't! :-O ) it explains an effective way to achieve this:
select the function you want (and has already a key allocated to it) with a SINGLE CLICK and then, at the bottom of the screen you will see the option NEW
If you press NEW the usual window appear to press the key of your choice.
Save

Now you should have two keys allocated to the same function on your list ;-)

Good luck!

~S~

Bungmiester
04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
im getting this cockpit view flying the heartbreaker
view attached...

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Small map issue. To find it I put in 3 images some with map on. The position on the map is indicated:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1261/hugemenhirbug01.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4407/hugemenhirbug02.jpg
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/286/hugemenhirbug03.jpg

ChocsAway
04-09-2011, 06:51 PM
im getting this cockpit view flying the heartbreaker
view attached...

This is Spitgirl, not a bug! ;)

major_setback
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I can't even start the game.

I get a warning that my graphic driver stopped responding and has recovered, then it crashes to desktop as soon as I try to fly. I only get sounds.

I updated my graphics driver. I re-installed steam and CoD. I disable AVG antivirus. Nothing helps.

I found the old graphics driver was better (I got the game working 2 times only), so I have reverted to that. When it did work I did not get a message that the graphics driver stopped and recovered!!!

Now nothing helps, the game doesn't run at all.
I see the options and settings page, but not the pilot or planes in the viewer. And I can't run the game!!!!!

I (try to) run the game at 1024x resolution. Lowest settings for everything.

Pentium E5200
4GB DDR2
GeForce GT220 1024 MB
Vista Home Premium

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I had a similar issue long ago with Vista and the graphic card drivers. It was not related to CoD.

See here if this helps:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx

Try
TdrDebugMode (Value 3)
TdrDelay (Value 5)

in the registry

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-10-2011, 02:08 PM
The FMB needs urgent patch.

It frequently happens that the map screen toggles to full screen mode with cursors and menue disappearing for no reason. I have no clue on how to return to normal screen and I have to finish game via taskmanager.

It also happens that I cannot use mouse buttons as usual. Whether I use left or right button it just draws a frame to mark things without being able to mark anything at all.

Also it seems that sometimes I even cannot edit missions that I saved before.

tf_neuro
04-10-2011, 03:36 PM
some bugs I found so far...

BR20 rudder trim knob animation doesnt work

BR20 prop pitch lever animation doesnt work

BR20 throttles, props, mixtures work like german/british ones (push forward to open), but the cockpit animation shows the historical 'reversed' movement (IMO Italian planes should have the historical 'reversed' throttles, without need to use different profiles)

All planes tested so far (Hurricane, Spitfire, Stuka, G50, BR20): controls randomly work or not work.
Even during one single flight they start/stop working for no apparent reason.
This happens to all controls except engine selection/unselection, and it's particularly bad when it comes to controls shown in the small throttle quadrants on the left side of the screen (thottle, prop, mix, etc)

G50 cockpit: no animations at all, incl. instruments.

Stuka has an 'afterburner' (!) rather than a supercharger... or was it the booster? Dont remember exactly, one of those two, anyway.

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
When there is even a small flow (wind) in mission, the planes will turn in place even with engines off and full brakes.

And after starting the plane you are unable to control the aircraft direction. You can't turn to the wind, no matter how much you push rudder or use diffrential brakes or how much throttle you use.

This is very annoying as in some cases it makes taxing, avoidin parked planes or even takeoff completely impossible.

- Finwolf -

P.S. Please oh please change the gridline, gridlabel colors to something you can actually change - as well as AF / spawnarea colors (or anything white really) as in the Channel map it is almost impossible to make them out in the map.

Insuber
04-10-2011, 05:50 PM
1. The rudder trim knob on the spitfire doesn't move
2. the water radiators open/close on Stuka is very very slow. Almost stuck.

addman
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
The "Spline Road" tool in the FMB doesn't work on the Channel 1940 map. Just try and you will see what happens, it does work on the multiplayer maps though.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM
At least for allied campaign:

When I interrupt campaign (I am out for dinner or else :) ) and I restart game to continue: I cannot as no Continue button is there anywhere.

Some sturmovik related board hint out that it may be related to having steam cloud turned off while for axis campaign it works well apparently (didn't yet try for axis side).

senseispcc
04-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Did someone mention the pilot of Spitfire where you can see the pilot left shoulder and some time the left sleeve outside the plane.
There is also a little problem with the mirror of the Hurricane, there is one on the outside view but none inside even with the mirror on.
The control key file is forgoten once you leave the game and must be reloaded at each new launch of the game.
What I call micro stutter over densely build aera do still happens. (more than with the beta patch)
Otherwise this is a great simultor, with I hope a great future.

MarkofZollo
04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Problems for me;
Textures (ground and planes mainly) constantly re render, dropping fps, though only over land. When land detail is high I can still see surface beneath re rendering.
Some undercarrages dont seem to come down, or at least are very slow (109s hadnt come down after about a min of circling).
Spitfire guns have no tracer despite being included in loadout, and in single mission at full throttle engine is around 2000 rpm?
No sound in slow motion or fast motion
Campaign first mission says 'failed' after pressing esc as asked despite saying 'complete' in game.
Could do with a button assigned to return camera to centre of screen (or did I miss that? lol)

I wont add about the low fps as others have mentioned before, however high above the sea I got to look at the detail in the models and damage and am very impressed! :grin:

tf_neuro
04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Antropomorphic control need fine tuning.
Right now im unable to control my plane with antropomorphic control enabled.
Simulating the pilot that moves his hand from one to another control should (IMO) require max one second or possibly 2 in some cases before you can operate a control that isn't supposed to be close to the one you just used.

Instead, what happens is that controls... 'decide' to work apparently at random. Sometimes even while im using them. I mean, I move the throttle, then the mixure... and then the thottle doesnt work for 20 seconds!

Great idea the antropomorphic control but it definitely needs some work on.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
The discrepancy between physical plane and visual plane is still enormous. At least for the 110c. When the rear gunner shoots the tracers are displaced a nice distance.

Also just came home from an online mission during night on big channel map. Worked not too bad in terms of performance and I had very little graphic stutters. But instead I got sound stutters. Sever stutters. I also had many seconds of no sound at all. Sometimes I only had sound like rolling on ground. Or terrible stuttering.

And it is not my soundcard which gives good sounds and still does during sp.

Another buck (minor) concerning tracks: I recorded a track online during this mp night mission. On the record it shows as a day light mission.

It also seems yet difficult to unfluence day time on servers. It happens frequently that one is at night, which is currently unpracticable as no nav lights or airfield lights are implemented.

Another thing to be dealt with for mp:
Players sometimes jump into a plane without really knowing how to roll or handle it. They frequently nose down or crash somehow and thus litter the runways with plane trash. Sometimes they just drop the damaged plane where it is. Then they go and the planes are still around making take off by others (and landing) a life threatening adventure. Sometimes I also doubt that the AI is dropping its planes everywhere. Whatev' - we need to deal with this trash by removing it.

Thee_oddball
04-12-2011, 01:27 AM
I noticed today while testing a dedicated server that when any one crashed there planes into the ground i got a wholllllle list of errors that started with
"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." followed by a list of alpha numeric gibberish...i have a screen shot if a dev needs to see it.

S!

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-12-2011, 05:41 AM
two small black lines on the screen, one centre top and the other right middle.

BobTuck.

Those are the "cursor" lines for the windows. The top line is for radio chatter window and the right side is engine control information window.

But anyway, they should fix it so, they are not visible at anytime.
While fixing the windows - the chat (concole or normal chat) needs to be fixed, so after sending the message, you don't have to manually delete it to type a new one.
In otherwords, the send button (or enter) needs to also clear the input field.

Also - there's a funny text-bug in bomb-detonator window.
When selecting detonators you can select one with 8 WEEK detonation (the text only, the actual timer is 8sec) - the next one is for 14. (14 what? Weeks? Years? - actual timer is 14sec).
Now these are not big gamestopping bugs, just mere typos (or, if you really CAN select 8 week timer, then you need to fix the actual model from 8sec :D) - but you might wanna change them at some patch.

- Finwolf -

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-13-2011, 06:56 PM
I have frequent game crashes when playing online. It seems that this happens when new players join but it may be just a coincidence.

P.S.: I know that you are all busy but a lil update about the patch roadmap would be nice.

Lastgun
04-13-2011, 08:14 PM
I'll just mention one bug among many others

The spit is a formidable aircraft can even fly cut in half and quite normally......

It's a SIM ?

I do not want to wait 10 years to play a real sim, with realistic sounds and complete physic,
I would have died before, thx in advance to... modders ....

BBrus
04-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Perhaps this has been already reported, I don't know.

It's happened twice to me now. Some British (I don't know if German do as well) AI planes leave behind a "trail" of trees, well separated.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2227/beaufighter.jpg

BBrus
04-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Another one:

I blew a Beaufighter's vertical stabilizer. I flew into him and I exploted. He continued to spin (as he was doing before due to the lose of the stabilizer) and that was all. No other damage.

Thee_oddball
04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
im think i know why we are randomly crashing, i was sitting here testing the server when i got a message saying "launcher has encountered and error and must close" as soon as i tried to start it back up it said it cold not connect to steam and closed again :(
this is going tobe a major problem if they dont fix it...we cant have our servers crashing because they lose touch with the mother ship:evil:
it took 5 attempts for me to get connected again, and there is nothing wrong with Internet.

BBrus
04-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Perhaps this has been already reported, I don't know.

It's happened twice to me now. Some British (I don't know if German do as well) AI planes leave behind a "trail" of trees, well separated.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2227/beaufighter.jpg

Ok, I've found the error:

It's something about ammo rounds. Some of them create a tree!!

Jotaele
04-14-2011, 01:24 AM
after the first patch, not the beta one, my wather splashes has disapear.When a plane crash in wather i only have a little splash.

eshati
04-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Radio not working. When I give orders there is no reaction. When I ask for directions I get no answer!

Sperber
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Please !

For the next Patch include FOV for Three Monitors !:grin:

fov=75,110,140 is perfekt !

Ok ! The mouse control (Cockpit) is indeed shifted, but that does not matter.
But that's what keys ;)

Please !

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Probably already posted somewhere but I also got this no-tail-but-tail-nonetheless-bug on the Spit 2a. It wasn't there optically but physically it was well present. I could land and steer normally. So I guess the DM doesn't take this into account yet at least for some planes:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4852/whocaresforthetail.jpg

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-14-2011, 09:55 PM
AI needs some improvements. on 1vs1 head on at the beginning of hostilities the AI turns and acts towards one but then seems to forget about me. I can shoot and shoot on it and it flies level and straight.

Wolf_Rider
04-15-2011, 04:44 AM
a newish one... but survivable with for the time being.

Steam doesn't shutdown properly when exiting the sim. The desktop Icon stays active (selected) until the left click on desktop, and then refresh the desktop... Steam needs to be manually shutdown from the taskbar.

up until this point the desktop remains a bit sluggish

CBA_Bludawg
04-15-2011, 04:48 AM
spawning inside hangers with hanger doors closed in multiplayer

whats with the engine running sound while sitting in plane and engine off?

better taxi controls like il2 1946 cant turn planes on ground hardly at all.
i cant seem to get my left/right brakes to work

better tracers

i had my tail section blown off on a 109 and was still able to fly level

klem
04-15-2011, 07:46 AM
spawning inside hangers with hanger doors closed in multiplayer

whats with the engine running sound while sitting in plane and engine off?.........

Me too, just for confirmation.

Retaliator
04-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Please have a look at this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21454

Originally Posted by tf_neuro
The problem is that many game controllers (including some very popular ones) keep sending small signals to the game all the time. That's usually too little to actually affect gameplay but enough for Antropomorphic control to detect it and freeze all the other controls for the time it's supposed to freeze them... except that before the controls are 'thawed' again, the game controller sends more 'micro-signals' and Antropomorphic control re-freezes everything. This keeps happening all the time, effectively preventing a lot of users from playing the game as long as Antropomorphic control is on.

I guess one solution could be to lower the sensitivity of the Antropomorphic control, like for instance requiring a change of at least "so much" and not faster than "this fast" to freeze the controls. For instance a direct jump from 0 to 100 then back to 0 caused by a spike would be ignored because too fast. A lot of tiny movements caused by buggy game controllers would be ignored as too fast and/or too small, but change made by the player couldnt be faster than 'so' because of limits in the physical univerese, and it would never be smaller than 'so', because of the same limits but also because such a tiny change wouldnt have any effect and the player wouldnt have any reason to make it (except possibly bumping one slider while trying to move another one... but I guess that could be ignored too...)

OK, I admit it, I have no idea what im talking about. Anyways, I'd like to have Antropomorphic Control usable by everyone, including players on those buggy controllers that are pretty much everywhere (even good quality stuff can develop that kind of problem, my CH Throttle Quadrant is an example...)

ChocsAway
04-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Bugs with new patch ( Patch 1.00.14072)

1. Strange AI/DM/FM behaviour - I was in a 3 plane tail chase, that is AI Spitfire, then AI ME109, then me in a Spitfire. I got off several good bursts into the 109 and eventually his engine and canopy area erupted in a large fireball. He continued to chase the AI spitfire whilst he was a fireball for at least 3 minutes without seemingly any performance loss or wanting to bail out of what must have been an inferno for the pilot! Eventually the tail fell off of the 109 and it spiralled downwards and crashed without the pilot bailing out! I need to add that whilst I was chasing this 109 and he was jinking to evade my gunfire his roll-rate was easily up there with an F-16 even at high speed! This is something I'd not noticed pre-patch. I'm also pretty concerned that several 109's let me blast them good and proper before deciding to take any evasive action. This was almost like a delayed reaction.

2. In the fix list Luthier mentioned that planes hitting the sea/land after being shot down and not showing an explosion or splash on impact had been fixed. This is not the case. Certainly in padlock mode the planes still just disappear on impact without splash or explosion, I witnessed this several times during the above furball. Not sure if it works ok without padlock though.

Will add more to this!

tf_neuro
04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
After the April 15 patch (beta) I can't set up a multiplayer game any more.
I select Server, start a mission, choose an army, but the 'change aircraft' interface is gone, and when I click 'fly' I end up watching the enemy (not the army I chose) from externals, unable to get into a plane.

Now, assuming that the Server interface is functional and not broken, i have probably missed something that is just before my nose... but on the other hand, I'm usually not that bad at figuring out interfaces by clicking around, so maybe it does need to become a bit more intuitive (unless it's actually broken, of course)

Lucas_From_Hell
04-16-2011, 11:39 AM
It's fairly general and quite recurrent, but well, all the launcher issues - many people are so far completely unable to start it, nevermind getting any steady flying.

Jeageri
04-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Hello,

I got a bug of sort to report. It happened in the earlier version too so not concerning only this patch.

My Launcher.exe gets stuck on the server search window when I try to change the server search from Lan to Internet. It happens on the click on the dropdownbox where Lan is default. After that the game appears to freeze and wont take any input, and I have to use taskmanager to close Launcher.exe. Taskmanager shows activity in Launcher.exe so it isnt a complete freeze. More detail inspection revealed that Launcher.exe is waiting reply from networkconnection/svchost.exe? IIRC (It was on the first time it happened I checked that).

I found the cause why this is happening:
When starting Launcher.exe, I was clicking other windows during Launcher loadup when desktop is still visible with the crosshair, it messes up the loading procedure of Launcher somehow.

The result is I lose the Ubi intro (can hear the sound of it but screen remains black). And after that going into multiplayer server search window Launcher gets stuck when I try to change searching servers from Lan to Internet. I can search for lobbies, but I guess they dont work as they should.

Restarting the game and/or Steam wont cure it. Reinstall will.

I can play the singleplayer missions, but its the multiplayer what I got the game for. Any help ? Installing COD for the third time now...

Specs:
Win7 64
Intel e8400 dualcore 3,4Ghz
Asus P5kpl-am mobo
4g ddr2
24"screen
AMD 6950 at 6970

Solved:
It is gpu driver setting which is causing the freeze. In ati CCC using override application settings screws it up, the other settings: enhance application settings and application settings works just fine... nothing to do with things mentioned above.
Weird though how gpu settings can cause such a thing to happen...

mrburns
04-16-2011, 06:19 PM
A blocked static port will cause the altimeter to freeze at a constant value.
In COD, the altimeter starts to spin upward to a higher altitude until thawing occurs. It should just freeze in place until the port thaws.

MegOhm
04-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I DL the Sim Thursday night, Patched next day with the Beta Parts folder replacement. Went to 1st flight to purchase and did the dl thru Steam cuz I got tired of waiting, May 24th way too long!

I ran the default settings the game gave me and did not touch my card, it was on my profile for A10 C. Everything looked great. I decided to make a few changes and here they are. There was a big difference after the Parts Folder "Patch". COD is running smooth, no stutters and I am satisfied at this point. This is not to say there are not issues. I do see some graphics anomalies like a tile line here or there around some islands, but those are funky maps anyway. I think those are just sloppy graphics in the Sim.

Getting in a plane in MP
I do have a little trouble in multiplayer getting my curser on plane tags on the map to get in a plane. The rest of my teammates seem to have no issue. The plane labels flash up but do not stay on so I can click on them, it is trial and error until I get lucky.
Sound Controls (lack of)
Have to turn down sounds in windows speaker mixer (system tray) in win 7 cuz there are no in game controls. Must have game running to do this.

In game screen Text

Update: Hold down left alt key, right click on text screen, menu appears turn off window. You can do this on both text screens if you wish

Chat, messages, radio chatter etc. The text on the upper left and red text upper right are annoying. Looking for how to turn this off. I did do the text fix from Buchon found here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21288

This helped but text still covers the command list and you can't read them. At least I know 4. is Help Me!

Other than these small problems, I am loving it. No real complaints. I would post my FPS but haven't gotten around to finding how to bring it up. Only had this a day and a half. Based on the performance and all it must be good.

One more thing, disappointed in the numer of multiplayer missions. 4 Dogfights and 1 coop? geeeze

Hope someone is building some MP missions soon!!!

I have had Zero crashes to date. And have hosted 8-10 players in MP

The settings below are working great for me, I believe I can still turn more to high. BTW, no overclocking on my CPU or 5970.

ATI 5970 Card Settings:
AA: Now 4x Changed from 8X Box
AF: Now 16X changed from Use App Settings
Tessellazation: Off
CAT AI: Set to Performance with Enable Surface Format Optimization Checked
MipMap Detail Level: High Quality
Vertical Refresh: Always Off
AA Mode: Quality, Super Sample AA
OpenGL: Triple Buffering Checked

In Game Settings
Resolution: 1920X1080 60 Hz
Full Screen
(Show Advanced)
Model Detail: High
Buildings Detail: Medium
Land Detail: High
Forest: Low
Visual Effects: High
Texture Quality: High
AA: Off
Anti Epilepsy: OFF
SSAO: Off
Damage Decals: High
Buildings Amount: Medium
Land Shading: Medium changed from Low

Grass: On
Shadows: On
Roads: Off

Mirror: On looks fine no apparant FPS hit

I checked the config.ini and noted the ProcessAffinityMask = 2 so we are pushing to second core? Is that good enough? I dont know much about that. why not to 3, 4 5, or 6 in my case? I hear we can turn it to 15 for 4 cores?

Regards All,

MegOhm

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme(12MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz), 12GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHZ, 6x2GB, ATI Radeon HD5970, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, 2TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 52" Panasonic Plasma, Logitech G930 wireless Surround Sound Headset, TM H.O.T.A.S.

spaulding
04-17-2011, 12:26 AM
First off thanks for what is shaping up to be an awesome sim. I installed the beta patch and that improved the frame rate issue greatly (still a little jumpy flying low over city's). I am still having lock ups when a dialog boxes comes up (like when you select red or blue armies or setting up controls). Also when I am hosting after a short time the throttle and clickable dash stops working on the ME 109. I don't have this problem with the spit but it is very consistent on the 109. This dose not seem to happen when I go to someone elses sever. Hope this helps.

vista 64
ATI Radeon HD 4870 1G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
4G ram

Sauf
04-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Sorry if already posted

1) Revi gunsight not calibrated on 109, shoots low and a little to the left.

2) Annoying landing gear sound effect when spawning into grounded a/c in mp.

3) TrackS do not seem to work if edit view is selected.

4) Still getting stutters at altitude ie 4000m onwards, which persist even after losing height.

Thank you & S`

Lastgun
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
maybe already posted

roll royce merlin engine doesn't smoke anymore? and no more problem with négative G

burlaff
04-17-2011, 11:48 AM
1) I simply can't enable grass, well not properly anyway. When I enable it I just get weird blocks for grass as shown in the attachments
I'm running Windows 7 btw so its not the XP grass bug
2) No matter how high I set landscape options, at ground level they look like mush, not the nice 3D-ish textures I've seen in some screens.
3) Self casting shadows don't seem to work at all for me. When I enable shadows there is no difference, just the il2-1946 style gradual dimming. You can see this in the screens I posted.

As mentioned before I'm running Windows 7 with an ATI 5770 if that's any help

LcSummers
04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I dont know if posted here, but with the beta patch disabling the Spitfire mirror gives me some fps more.

If posted sorry and forget it.

TeeJay82
04-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Sound Level adjustment levers plz, and remove the planeshake sound when standing still on the ground with engine off..

otherwise, great jobs on the patches, keep em coming :)

MegOhm
04-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Sound Level adjustment levers plz, and remove the planeshake sound when standing still on the ground with engine off..

otherwise, great jobs on the patches, keep em coming :)

Have to turn down sounds in windows speaker mixer (system tray) in win 7 cuz there are no in game controls. Must have game running to do this.

I found it stays where I put it. Level at 10 works good for me

Ataros
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Airfields are not clickable in MP

Mate I found sometimes i had to wave mouse around to find the clickable area below and to the right of the airfield just look for when the window describing the ariefield comes up.

I choose the army... and I couldnt click any airfields any more.
Also, there was no red airfield on the map, they were all white and unclickable.

We tried all the usual stuff like disconnecting and reconnecting, reloading the mission, restarting the game, ever reboot the whole machine, but no luck.
I couldnt click any airfields.
We gave up after a while, and went on to play other games.
That was last night.

Earlier today, we tried again but with inverted roles: I was the server and a game buddy (another one) was the client.

Connection OK, map shows up, selected army... and again, I couldnt click on any airfield, but he could.

So it's not about sever/client stuff, it must be something on my end, but I have no idea what I did... I remember that I could click airfield, then another mission was loaded and I couldnt click any more.

I have just come on forum to find answer to this problem on servers map "english channel 1940 the map has changed now an east/west map area. ?? Now i cant click onto planes after choosing sides, just spent 15 mins combing map trying to find clickable slots to join game . On othermaps no problem can click planes and enter server

I changed mouse sensitivity in conf.ini and it happens to me.

You have to
1st: rightclick on map end DEselect "airfields". You will see only active airfields as a result.

2nd: move your mouse about 1cm to the right and a bit lower the desired airfield and move it around till you see a hint popping up with airfield description. Doubleclick this particular point of map.

Does anyone have the problem when trying to select a spawn base that you must have your mouse pointer not on the base itself, but away from the base ?

In order for me to select a spawn base and therefore be able to create a plane I must move my cursor around 3cm away from the base in the 5 oclock position before the base name shows up on the map.

RAF238thWildWillie

When starting a dog server it loads and shows map. I click to select side and nothing happens.

Have tried clicking on airfields, no luck either.

Ideas?

MegOhm
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Getting in a plane in MP
I do have alot of trouble in multiplayer getting my curser on plane tags on the map to get in a plane. The rest of my teammates seem to have no issue. The plane labels flash up but do not stay on so I can click on them, also they are not at the planes on the map and could be anywhere. I have to search for them. It is trial and error until I get lucky. Sometimes if I change sides It works a little better. But that doesnt help when you want to fly a coop on the same side. So I just hop in a 109 and kill my teammates, which is fun LOL!

Maybe it is resloution on this 52' plasma or the stock MP missions are just Porked?

Custom COOPs might be the answer. if you are host you are already in a plane. The group I fly with has some good mission builders and we are currently testing one out. Anyone have working MP Coops out there yet?

MegOhm
04-18-2011, 03:13 PM
1) I simply can't enable grass, well not properly anyway. When I enable it I just get weird blocks for grass as shown in the attachments
I'm running Windows 7 btw so its not the XP grass bug
2) No matter how high I set landscape options, at ground level they look like mush, not the nice 3D-ish textures I've seen in some screens.
3) Self casting shadows don't seem to work at all for me. When I enable shadows there is no difference, just the il2-1946 style gradual dimming. You can see this in the screens I posted.

As mentioned before I'm running Windows 7 with an ATI 5770 if that's any help

Maybe most likely your settings.
These settings or simiar might help :

The settings below are working great for me, I believe I can still turn more to high. BTW, no overclocking on my CPU or 5970.

ATI 5970 Card Settings:
AA: Now 4x Changed from 8X Box
AF: Now 16X changed from Use App Settings
Tessellazation: Off
CAT AI: Set to Performance with Enable Surface Format Optimization Checked
MipMap Detail Level: High Quality
Vertical Refresh: Always Off
AA Mode: Quality, Super Sample AA
OpenGL: Triple Buffering Checked (it just is)

In Game Settings
Resolution: 1920X1080 60 Hz
Full Screen
(Show Advanced)
Model Detail: High
Buildings Detail: Medium
Land Detail: High
Forest: Low (I had forests on High and it looks awesome, Changed to low to help performance cuz most of the time I am at altitude taking out opponents)
Visual Effects: High
Texture Quality: High
AA: Off
Anti Epilepsy: OFF
SSAO: Off
Damage Decals: High
Buildings Amount: Medium
Land Shading: Medium changed from Low

Grass: On
Shadows: On
Roads: Off

Mirror: On looks fine no apparant FPS hit

I checked the config.ini and noted the ProcessAffinityMask = 2 so we are pushing to second core? Is that good enough? I dont know much about that. why not to 3, 4 5, or 6 in my case? I hear we can turn it to 15 for 4 cores?

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I know that Spitfire and Hurricane a problem, but now the Hurricane one function very well, Spitfire it still does not work.
Maybe, this is because I like to change, the possibility to change the skins of the aircrrafts in single both quick and normal, please!

TheGrunch
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Exceptions found in log file after Black Death track playback:

ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'UC1'

=================================================
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at corelib.CoreERROR(SByte* )
at maddox.core.WHMesh.SetCurChunkByName(String name)
at VlicdSwkxuGGgEuIiP3.JemyZIwRBri2XtUk1Bf.1kjqLjsTGW L(String )
at BqedV5bCEC9jSHeJwYb.RBtmrMbgfhank7EtvbO.tl6EZt8pNm W2uq60nI3w(Object , Object )
at BqedV5bCEC9jSHeJwYb.RBtmrMbgfhank7EtvbO.bwAK1L8J61 4(RVATARbrwGrTqNlxZD9 )
at BqedV5bCEC9jSHeJwYb.RBtmrMbgfhank7EtvbO.YT2K1cyYMr A(OOHjAwbaMbfkdouxLFq , LimbNames )
at lisJ4Ee23g7VrU1a1t0.UJUjrsepn8TreN44YQQ.b14XVOe0fO (C9tExH9QnKALBbBlQ5N , LimbNames , Double )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.qGD1KuN15p h7ZnO0Ycpm(Object , Object , LimbNames , Double )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.fgF6H1TmRo F(Int32 , uAH9Ho9bIbOFQxvoVMD , Boolean )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.EmL6HTYWc3 b(uAH9Ho9bIbOFQxvoVMD , Boolean )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.75t6HrjUQD 9(uAH9Ho9bIbOFQxvoVMD )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.netInput(u AH9Ho9bIbOFQxvoVMD )
at TFIHX5Lc2KoIK3GglF7.fywUIYLZDoaBddefMMf.VtES2T8oda Q(Object )
at 8xUZdYJcNySRouddEha.UuPdtCJZSgT3x5B2Iuc.VC9shweQHP VX7IBAA2K(Object , Object )
at 8xUZdYJcNySRouddEha.UuPdtCJZSgT3x5B2Iuc.moPY3Jl5ZY (Object )
ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'UC2'

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at BqedV5bCEC9jSHeJwYb.RBtmrMbgfhank7EtvbO.tl6EZt8pNm W2uq60nI3w(Object , Object )
at BqedV5bCEC9jSHeJwYb.RBtmrMbgfhank7EtvbO.YT2K1cyYMr A(OOHjAwbaMbfkdouxLFq , LimbNames )
at lisJ4Ee23g7VrU1a1t0.UJUjrsepn8TreN44YQQ.b14XVOe0fO (C9tExH9QnKALBbBlQ5N , LimbNames , Double )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.qGD1KuN15p h7ZnO0Ycpm(Object , Object , LimbNames , Double )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.fgF6H1TmRo F(Int32 , uAH9Ho9bIbOFQxvoVMD , Boolean )
at x7jV7B8Vl3Rjfhp1oI4.xVyB038B0adkxccG1os.EmL6HTYWc3 b(uAH9Ho9bIbOFQxvoVMD , Boolean )
at 8xUZdYJcNySRouddEha.UuPdtCJZSgT3x5B2Iuc.VC9shweQHP VX7IBAA2K(Object , Object )
ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'UC0'

klem
04-18-2011, 10:28 PM

I found it stays where I put it. Level at 10 works good for me

But that means everything else like Teamspeak 3 gets turned down so you might not hear what is being said. With TS audible the default game sounds level is far too high. You can edit the conf.ini file and reduce the Master Volume value but we shouldn't have to do that.

We really need that volume slider for the game sounds.

hockeywarrior
04-19-2011, 05:49 PM
I'll just repost a thread that has just started in this technical forum but that is REALLY important and needs to be addressed ASAP. Included is another user's post and my reply to that post, regarding the really awful AI:

Besides the ridiculous roll rate I've seen some aircraft pulling, especially the 110's (a big twin engine can outroll a hurricane?), what are they thinking?
They constantly make erratic manuevers and always lose altitude when trying to evade. Every fight ends up on the deck because these idiots would rather barrel roll into the ocean than even try to knife fight. Then when you get to the deck they climb just enough to erattically fly left and right and roll over down to the deck again.

Can anyone hit anything besides bombers in this sim?? The constant flip flopping of the AI makes it damn near impossible to hit them, I just spent god knows how may minutes on the tail of one bf-110 and ran out of ammo without a kill. 8%, thats how many rounds landed out of 2400... I'm better than that, 1946 proved it. Maybe the guys in charge of AI in this completely forgot the lessons learned from the original games? Perhaps watching some gun camera footage from the era would give them a better idea of how an enemy evades an attacker in the air.

On another note, I never get shot down and rarely even shot at since the AI is so concerned about flopping about the sky they never actually try to engage with any kind of skill. Yuck... If 1946 didnt look like a cartoon after seeing this I woudnt hesitate to go back at this point.I HAVE gone back to 1946 and plan to stay there until they have fixed the terrible AI in this game. I am experiencing everything you are going through and I find it a total game-breaker.

When the AI isn't pulling impossible mindless stunts (all while not losing airspeed, mind you), climbing at insane rates without burning out their engines, or pulling out of impossibly bad spins, they are completely benign. I rarely get shot at, and sometimes when I do the AI just decides to stop attacking. Even more hilarious, many times the AI acts like I'm not even there, and I'll pump a billion rounds into a plane that flies perfectly straight.

It's like they're either pulling F-16 maneuvers (literally) or completely oblivious to your existence. It's the most boring and infuriating experience I've had in a game with AI ... no joke. Prettiness or not, I'd much rather fly in IL2 1946 where I get a rewarding

addman
04-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Plane weathering slider doesn't work and Bf-110 cockpit won't close.

RocketDog
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
OK - here are some odd looking things with a 6970 card and Cat 11.3 drivers. Before this I had an Nvidia GTX285 which did not have any of these aretfacts. It looks like the game does not add haze at the horizon with ATi cards.

Bright blue line on the horizon:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RocketDog/Launcher2011-04-2018-05-35-19.jpg

Distant horizon is very sharp - not blurred, even beyond the land which is correctly faded out (this is clearer at full size):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RocketDog/Launcher2011-04-2018-02-14-31.jpg

Black lines on the beach and cliffs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RocketDog/Launcher2011-04-2018-03-17-01.jpg

mattag08
04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Here's a short list (sorry if I repeat stuff, but I don't have time to read 36 pages and it's probably good to know that multiple people are having the issues anyway):

1. Control surface animations are very jittery. It almost appears as if there are only ~6 positions the control surfaces can be in and they hop from one to the other as you smoothly deflect them. This is purely graphical.

2. Thin light blue horizon lines. Very obvious.

3. Strange graphical artifacts on distant land textures that have not been loaded. Looks like blue waves.

4. Auto-mix not working on Hurricanes and Spitfires. Auto-weak just doesn't work at all (engine just runs rough and fails after a bit) and auto-rich starts to run rough above 10k ft.

5. When restarting the game to allow new graphics settings to apply, the game just crashes, it doesn't actually close.

6. Setting up armaments in the "Plane" options doesn't seem to transfer to anywhere else except the FMB. I'm unable to select my specific loadout for an QMB or Single Mission unless I'm go edit it in the FMB.

I'll probably have more later... :-P

Rickusty
04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Since Steam updated with the latest patch,
the game crashes a lot... But... The first thing is: the first mission (just a randon one) always loads. Either from the QMB or in the FMB.
Then, it can happen that the 2nd or 3rd time, when there's the loading bar
on the bottom of the screen, the game crashes without apparent reasons...

It happened really rarely before...

My system
-------
E7500 c2d 2,96mhz
4 gb ram ddr2 800mhz
Nvidia GTS 450 1GB
Windows 7 32bit

335th_GRAthos
04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Bombs need some serious patch!

#1 Get these jumping jack bombs fixed ASAP !
What kind of rubbish is this ? Read the IL2FB manual on how bombs rebound based on a.) hardness of the soil and b.) deflection degree and apply it!
They way bombs jump all over the place is completely unrealistic.

#2 The SC250 bomb on the Bf109E-3B seems not to be exploding. Exploding probability is less than 20% percent. Whetehr you dive-bomb, high-alt bomb or skip-bomb.
This is rubbish of course (same as the "charging time 8 weeks" on the bomb loading menu but, it makes me wonder).

It would be good if somebody publishes some more information about the bombs and the conditions under which they may fail to detnate because I fail to understand the logics for the sc250 of the BF109E-3B.
(on the ME-110 with 2xSC500 I have no issues at all).

~S~

Gromic
04-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Also having stability issues since the second patch (which increase frame rates for me massivly). With a process viewer (sysinternals) running on a second monitor, I can see that launcher.exe never frees mission memory when exiting a mission. It keeps adding more memory with each flown mission thereafter until it gets to around 2,5 gigs allocated and then will either CTD or cause a complete reboot of the system altogether. The only way I've found to avoid it, is restart the game once launcher.exe surpasses 2 gigs used.

Launcher.exe needs to free mission memory upon mission exit.

tf_neuro
04-22-2011, 12:23 AM
v.1.00.14101
- 'rolling wheels' sound often keeps playing after take off (often but not always)
- opening canopies kills all sounds for the current mission. Sounds come back when loading a new mission.
-large purple/white spot on water (volcanic islands)
-contacts in sight sometimes very well visible, sometimes extremely hard to spot (seems to be about distance)
- Clickable spots are off. I have to move the mouse all around until the pop-up info shows up, often several centimeters off the airfield.

LLv26_Mikko
04-22-2011, 05:42 AM
New patch made huge difference on Framerate but after patch game crash in mission about 15-45min time period allmost everytime. Allways the same error report from windows. It says that launcher.exe stopped answering.

My specs are
ASUS P5B-E
Core2duo E6600 2,4GHZ
8G kingston 800mhz
Win7 64bit
GForce 260GTX 896MB

Pudenfuhrer
04-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I'd rather not see changes to your vision of Cliffs of Dover - ie changing the way the rpm and carburretors work - and see the non working features fixed. Mainly I'm wanting the radio commands to work - which right now don't actually seem to do anything. I'd also like to see the campaign missions give more information, for example possibly some way of knowing what my number and callsign is prior to takeoff - oh and how many planes are in the flight etc. Right I get orders to engage enemies and also told to stay on my leaders wing - which is confusingand that's really not as immersive as it could be at the moment.

In my conf.ini I notice I am using the DX10_0 renerer - I presume basically DX9/10 - renderer. When I change that to DX10_1 it has black lines on the sea as a lot of people report and is otherwise identical. It seems to be a DX9/10 rather than 10.1/11 game just now - is this going to develop as things go on? I'd have thought tessalation would massively boost the possible performance or complexity of meshes for this type of game if it was implemented.

Thanks - really liking just flying about at the moment - hope some solid tactical missions come along soon
p

335th_GRAthos
04-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Having done some further testing I found out that:

The SC250 as well as the 4 x SC50 on the Bf109-3B are not exploding 90% of the time!
There is only one way to make them explode every time:
- Start a steep climb with the Bf109
- With the nose pointing sharply upwards, release the bombs
- The released bombs will continue their upward trajectory for a while and then fall downwards.
That's it, every bomb explodes!

The ME110-C7 with 2xSC500 has no problems
(I have not yet tested a ME100 with SC250s...)

I hope it helps to solve the problem.

Bombs need some serious patch!

#1 Get these jumping jack bombs fixed ASAP !
What kind of rubbish is this ? Read the IL2FB manual on how bombs rebound based on a.) hardness of the soil and b.) deflection degree and apply it!
They way bombs jump all over the place is completely unrealistic.

#2 The SC250 bomb on the Bf109E-3B seems not to be exploding. Exploding probability is less than 20% percent. Whetehr you dive-bomb, high-alt bomb or skip-bomb.
This is rubbish of course (same as the "charging time 8 weeks" on the bomb loading menu but, it makes me wonder).

It would be good if somebody publishes some more information about the bombs and the conditions under which they may fail to detnate because I fail to understand the logics for the sc250 of the BF109E-3B.
(on the ME-110 with 2xSC500 I have no issues at all).

~S~

shoeib
04-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi,
After installing the 14214 patch I had low FPS so decided to decrease the resolution.
I changed it from 1680*1050 60Hz to 1280*720 60Hz
After restarting the game I chose a quick mission and it loaded the briefing with no problems
but when I hit Fly the screen got windowed.
Now when I push Escape button it goes back to full screen and when I resume the game it gets windowed again!

karvis
04-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi, same here as you shoeib! It always gets windowed if using something else than 1920*1080, pretty annoying.

And always when using something else resolution than 1920*1080, when I'm in the middle of Quick mission, I press Esc and go to Options => Controls and remap for example my machine gun trigger (and press Apply) and go back to Fly, I cannot see anything: screen has changed to 5 cm wide and nothing can be seen or done, sound can be heard.

When I press Esc, I will get back normal game screen but my video options has changed to 1920*1080, 60 Hz and when I Press OK in Video setup, whole program needs to restarted. Otherwise I cannot play at all because the flying view has gone broken.

If I do the same thing with full resolution 1920*1080 this problem does not occur. Rather difficult to explain but there is terribly wrong somewhere in the graphics code at the moment.

So, two problems:
1. Always gets windowed
2. Flying view breaks if you change your options in hte middle of flying but not when using 1920*1080 res.

Video Options during these two problems:
Resolution 1024*1080, 60 Hz
Full screen: on
Anti-aliasing: off
Anti-Epilepsy: off
SSAO: on
VSYNC: off
Grass off, Roads and Shadows on, others Medium or Low.

Hopefully somebody from coding team reads these...

Here my PC specs:
ASUSTeK M4N68T (latest BIOS)
AMD Phenom II X2 550
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB (lates drivers 270.61)
2 x Kingston 2 GB DDR3 PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Windows 7 64-bit (latest updates)
Display: Samsung 24", Full HD

And the game itself: I've installed the latest patch which came out 22.4.2011.

At the moment, I think the game is close to unplayable. Maybe I have to get faster CPU and GPU. But anyway, I've payed a lot of money from this, it should not have so many bugs as there is still. This is not acceptable.

Tempered
04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Bug with saitek x52 controllers. After playing game for extended time, the controllers drift way out of calibration. This only happens in COD, no other flight sim has this effect on the controller.

Rebooting is required to recalibrate the controller. Using driver version 6.64 from saitek.

1SMV_BJ
04-24-2011, 10:00 PM
I think that the tail in this case smokes too much ... :grin:

Please check this bug!

System specs:

GIGABYTE ga-ep45-ds3
Onboard sound
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66 @3.20 GHz
4 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1 Gb

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

Zoom2136
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
WHEN I'M PLAYING ONLINE IF I BRING UP THE MINI MAP THE LUNCHER CRASHES.

This happended twice last night. Thanks,

(btw, the all cap I think is good IMHO to summarize thing, I'm not yelling or anything...)

Just noticed that I had 2 controls map to the same key "M". One for "map" and the other the "miror". So when I presses "M" for "map" the luncher may of gotten confused????

Rattlehead
04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Bug report for the FMB:

I set up some BR.20's to attack Manston airbase, but when they got over the target area, bomb bay doors open, they all froze in mid-air, but with the engines still running.

I restarted the mission and sure enough, the same thing happened again. They all froze in mid-air.

This is with patch 1.00.14101

Zoom2136
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi,
After installing the 14214 patch I had low FPS so decided to decrease the resolution.
I changed it from 1680*1050 60Hz to 1280*720 60Hz
After restarting the game I chose a quick mission and it loaded the briefing with no problems
but when I hit Fly the screen got windowed.
Now when I push Escape button it goes back to full screen and when I resume the game it gets windowed again!

Same as iL2:1946, make sure you run the same resolution than your desktop.

Verhängnis
04-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Some of the menus, especially the Plane Loadout screen and Pilot customization menu either do not load at all or partially load, meaning the drop down menus are blank and the display for the 3d models of the aircraft and pilot are generally a black void.

|450|Devil
04-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Please see my posts "He111 morphing from 4K to ground" futher in the Technical threads.

|450|Devil
04-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Sorry forgot - my rig is Windows 7 Professional running on a Core i7 CPU with 12 GB RAM and GTX590 GPU

|450|Devil
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I was in a server using realistic settings in a hurri at 14000 feet when the game displayed an announcement that a group of bombers were inbound at 12000 feeet (or something like that). The in-game sound - engine, guns, wind etc - stopped but the visuals continued OK.

Another thing - when I entered the server it seemed that my controls profile went back to the default settings - I lost joystick inputs and most key bindings were the default ones - not the ones I had set up and saved to a profile.

My rig is:
Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD7-83
RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 2600K CPU @ 3.4Ghz
DirectX: 10

Zoom2136
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
WHEN I'M PLAYING ONLINE IF I BRING UP THE MINI MAP THE LUNCHER CRASHES.

This happended twice last night. Thanks,

(btw, the all cap I think is good IMHO to summarize thing, I'm not yelling or anything...)

Just noticed that I had 2 controls map to the same key "M". One for "map" and the other the "miror". So when I presses "M" for "map" the luncher may of gotten confused????

Yep that fixed it, change my "miror" key to the "V" key and now no more crashes.

dali
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
it seems that there are problems with stability if the game is run in resolutions other than desktop. Prior to switching to deskotp resolution COD crashed (ceased to operate, hard reboot needed) after 30 seconds. After I changed the resolution to match the desktop, it became much more stabile, almost no crashes. It might be connected to not true full screen before the patch though.

=XIII=Shea
04-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Still getting 3 blue lines in the sky over the sea
Dust while taking off and landing ruduces fps to around 10
No sounds from other peoples planes on multiplayer

Helrza
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
small unimportant one

110's interior lights can be seen threw its skin from the outside at night.

i know having lights on at night is a danger, but i dont want to give my position away too easy in an online night scenario :D

Moezilla
04-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Patch Version: 14214

Problem: Launcher.exe has stopped working

Frequency: Intermittent but .Net error is exactly the same each time.

Details:
Application: Launcher.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Stack:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Syste m.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.SignatureStruct ByRef, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(System .IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System. Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Syste m.Object)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok e()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(In tPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(Sys tem.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(Syste m.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl( System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(Syst em.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at avjS8wH05JmyYkB5d9Y.qJbCHqHaJ0JGeyFkGJT.gvCO9c7C0U l()
at LnqfHwHWuLNr4UvqiZH.ufN6LUHowix5Pk3IebC.q67dMBa4d1 q(LnqfHwHWuLNr4UvqiZH.ufN6LUHowix5Pk3IebC, System.String[], System.String, System.String)
at dF9vZqP7a53d8e3vEog.o1ryG1PiPoxjfV85Twx.5OpBaxNnz8 R4WVJ47G1Z(System.Object, System.Object, System.Object, System.Object)
at dF9vZqP7a53d8e3vEog.o1ryG1PiPoxjfV85Twx.FMiyC7YLjR c(System.String[])
at maddox.Launch.Program(System.String[])
at Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

System specs in sig.

LLv26_Mikko
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi!

I tryied to find answer to this crash on this forum but no luck for me.
Plz if anyone knows what cause this and how to fix it. i would be ever grateful.

So game crashes and windows report launcher not responding. This happen usually after 15-40min this happens also in menu not always in flight.

My hard ware is:

Core2 duo E6600
8G 800DDR2
Win 7 64bit
GeForce 260GTX 896Mb
Geforce driver 270.61

Rattlehead
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Experiencing a lot of runtime errors right after finishing a mission in the FMB - probably 80% of the time.

Patch 1.00.14101

Ivan Fooker
04-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Problem: Launcher.exe stopped working.
Version 14305
Catalyst 11.4 & 11.3
HW: I7-920@3.01;HD5870;6gigRam;Win764bit

monkee
05-01-2011, 08:37 PM
When selecting german pilots if i select no goggles the pilot disappears - he is visable in the game, just not in the menu where you dress him until turn goggles back on!

ATAG_Doc
05-07-2011, 03:28 AM
I recorded a short CEM take off and landing using Cross Country quick mission. Flew the Hurri and took off and everything went well. Did some fly overs of the airfield and landed without any issue.

However on playback of that same track after liftoff my motor cuts off and on over and over. Very annoying. I don't know what is happening it seems as if the fuel pump was going out kicking on and off. Upon touchdown the motor finally died.

Rickusty
05-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Fiat G.50: the plane is missing its "+100 mmHg" WEP power . mmHg could go as far as 890 and horsepower to 960 at 3.000 meters.
It looks like the plane is missing about 200hp.
Please, look at this discussion:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20569

Just a comparison: Fiat G.50 (and Macchi C.200) in IL-2 have the exact engine characteristics,max mmHg 890 at full throttle and you can also see the special lever, close to the throttle, with "+100" written on it. In case of emergency, the pilot could pull it and add extra power.
In CoD you can see the lever but it doesn't work, neither in animation nor in real.
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5499/100gv.jpg
Here, in IL2 4.10, you can see the "+100" lever to the right of the throttle lever in the C.200.

-------------------------

2) Also, the plane stick animation is wrong. The big button ABOVE the stick was used to brake the two main wheels abd not for firing.

Try to look here (and use google translator)
http://www.worldwar.it/forum/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4157

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7671/italianjoystickitalytoptu9.gif
the lever on the right is in the position "SICURA" (Safe position). It is in the position looking at the pilot
The other markings on the stick are:

° S (partly obscured by the cut-out)
° ASSIEME
° D

S = sinistra - left gun
ASSIEME = both guns
D = destra - right gun

As you can see , when the lever was on the "ASSIEME" setting, it was facing the cockpit (and not the pilot!) and the pilot could fire the guns pulling the lever like a normal pistol trigger.

Also, the "open fuel selector" animation is not working

Thank you.
Cheers

Buzpilot
05-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Was following a 109 in a Hurri (Rotol), with it's wheels out, only in a 30degree angle, but still.
Did not seem to be any drag for him at all, still managed to outrun me at sea level.

klem
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Was following a 109 in a Hurri (Rotol), with it's wheels out, only in a 30degree angle, but still.
Did not seem to be any drag for him at all, still managed to outrun me at sea level.

Not sure if this is a bug or just forgetful flying. We've often seen 109s with gear down or partly down.

Buzpilot
05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or just forgetful flying. We've often seen 109s with gear down or partly down.

So in your opinion a 109 with it's wheels partly down should have no problem outrunning a Hurricane?

klem
05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
So in your opinion a 109 with it's wheels partly down should have no problem outrunning a Hurricane?

What I mean is it may be a graphics bug. They may not be down at all in flight model terms. We have seen it so many times it just seems unlikely to be pilot error.

By the way I am surprised at how often I am able to catch up a 109 in a Rotol Hurricane in level flight but that may be the 109 pilot trying not to run his engine too high. I'm also surprised at how well the 109 turns compared to the Hurricane, a bit too well IMHO. One 109 guy I spoke to the other day felt the same.

Any Luftwobbles out there care to comment?

|450|Devil
05-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I would hazard the opposite opinion. A couple of nights ago I stumbled over two 109s and we mixed it up for about 15 minutes until we all ran out of ammo. I was in a Hurri (Rotol) and managed to get one 109 smoking and the other one managed to take a big bite out of my fuselage behind the pilot position (but she held together). The only reason my plane survived was that I was able to turn inside the 109s. The server we were on was set at full real. I was more than happy as I know one of the 109 pilots and he is much better at DF'ing than me.

Buzpilot
05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
What I mean is it may be a graphics bug. They may not be down at all in flight model terms. We have seen it so many times it just seems unlikely to be pilot error.

By the way I am surprised at how often I am able to catch up a 109 in a Rotol Hurricane in level flight but that may be the 109 pilot trying not to run his engine too high. I'm also surprised at how well the 109 turns compared to the Hurricane, a bit too well IMHO. One 109 guy I spoke to the other day felt the same.

Any Luftwobbles out there care to comment?

I think it's more likely a lucky hit in the hydraulics, that bring the gear down.
To me it looked like he was trying to slow down, to make me overshoot. Because first he had the gear all the way down, but some lag on server made him zoom away a bit, and when i got closer he had them stuck almost up, and he flew away again from me. So I think it's more a bug without drag when wheels are not completly inside wings.

Edit; It could be that this server used a different version, or simply one guy with modified FM that was cheating, or some strange lag on server, was able to see some strange speeds on planes in map view too.

Insuber
05-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Weird small bug ... online, with patch 14413, crash landed my spit Ia, and when the plane came to a stop the mirror reappered (I always disable it). Tried to disable it again but instead it cycled between two different types of mirror.

tf_neuro
05-16-2011, 04:35 PM
dunno if anyone mentioned these (small) problems, but as several patches has been released that didnt include solution to them, I'll point it out again, just in case:

1 - lock tail whell doesnt work. It used to work in early versions (at least on some planes) then it broke in one of the early patches, and was never fixed again.

2 - Spitfire mirrors often look like the TV when it's not tuned on any station. Hurricane mirrors do that too, but less often.

Blackdog_kt
05-16-2011, 06:14 PM
1 - lock tail whell doesnt work. It used to work in early versions (at least on some planes) then it broke in one of the early patches, and was never fixed again.

This is not a bug actually, most of the aircraft depicted in the sim didn't have a lockable tailwheel in reality.

As per bugs, a few of my findings:

1) Inconsistent mixture and throttle controller logic in the Hurricane with the DH prop and the Tiger Moth.

2) The gyro compass on the Ju88 is not working, this makes the autopilot unusable.

3) When matching the desired heading with the actual heading on the luftwaffe gyrocompass (an essential step before engaging the course autopilot to prevent turning), if you engage the course autopilot the aircraft will still veer off course. It seems there's 5-10 degrees of offset between the two rotating compass cards.
Is this a realistic limitation of the actual system, or are the two compass cards simply mis-calibrated in regards to each other?

SG1_Lud
05-16-2011, 07:18 PM
To report the same observation than above (Blackdog about auto course scale offset with respect to the directional gyro in the He-111)

and

reproducible (at least in thee Heinkel 111)

* Go to the bombardier position, and increment the salvo quantity in at least 1
* Open the bay door
-> You lose one bomb.

Sorry if posted before.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
05-16-2011, 09:17 PM
In FMB when I make a group of single engine fighters spawn at Devres some spawn in the single engine hangars (German type) that come with the map (not put by me there). These explode immediately after spawn. My suspicion is that they somehow collide with the concrete floor as the hangars never are really on the ground - the upper floor surface that is. So I guess that as the plane spawns with its wheels on gras ground there's a collision with the floor volume as the upper surface of the concrete floor is higher than the grass floor. A dev would like to take a look into this?

Also I think (as mentioned by Atas) that we need dedicated bomber spawn points as bombers definitely would explode if they are spawned on this field.

When I make the planes spawn as parked they spawn at the spawn places. When I uncheck spawn parked the planes will spawn somewhere in the Channel. Same when I check scramble take off

After the two planes spawning in the hangars explode, others disappear except the player plane and two others. They launch their engine and don't do anything else except one of them that dips its nose into the ground.

For info: the first waypoint is defined as take off on the field Devres. The following are normal flight points.

Blackdog_kt
05-17-2011, 12:20 AM
In FMB when I make a group of single engine fighters spawn at Devres some spawn in the single engine hangars (German type) that come with the map (not put by me there). These explode immediately after spawn. My suspicion is that they somehow collide with the concrete floor as the hangars never are really on the ground - the upper floor surface that is. So I guess that as the plane spawns with its wheels on gras ground there's a collision with the floor volume as the upper surface of the concrete floor is higher than the grass floor. A dev would like to take a look into this?

Also I think (as mentioned by Atas) that we need dedicated bomber spawn points as bombers definitely would explode if they are spawned on this field.

When I make the planes spawn as parked they spawn at the spawn places. When I uncheck spawn parked the planes will spawn somewhere in the Channel. Same when I check scramble take off

After the two planes spawning in the hangars explode, others disappear except the player plane and two others. They launch their engine and don't do anything else except one of them that dips its nose into the ground.

For info: the first waypoint is defined as take off on the field Devres. The following are normal flight points.

I can confirm this after flying some of the stock QMB missions, returning to base and taxing in after landing.
I've seen it happens in Calais-Marck, Le Havre-Octeville and i think Coquelles as well (west of Calais).

If you try to taxi from the hangar's concrete floor onto the grass or vice versa the aircraft seems like it just hit a rubber wall, bounces up in the air and comes crashing down.

To report the same observation than above (Blackdog about auto course scale offset with respect to the directional gyro in the He-111)

and

reproducible (at least in thee Heinkel 111)

* Go to the bombardier position, and increment the salvo quantity in at least 1
* Open the bay door
-> You lose one bomb.

Sorry if posted before.

The offset between desired heading and directional gyro (DG) also happens in the 110. I guess it would in the Ju88 as well, but i can't test since the DG doesn't work on that one.

I can also confirm the runaway bomb bug in the He111.

The Br.20's top turret controls were reversed last time i checked (that was before the current beta patch though so i don't know if it was corrected): moving the mouse left rotates the turret to the right and vice versa, similar for mouse up/down.

Finally, the manual bomb release key (the drop bombs key on my joystick) doesn't work from the bombardier's position. I tried mapping a keyboard command to it in case my joystick button was faulty and it didn't work either, so i guess it's a bug.
This means you can't drop bombs with a Blenheim or Br.20 unless you switch back to the pilot's seat, or zoom out of the bombsight and click on the bomb release button in the bombardier's virtual cockpit. This reduces your accuracy, since you have to drop without looking at the bombsight and you have to estimate a correct amount of time to zoom out and activate the bomb drop command from another view without knowing if the target is indeed under the targeting reticule.
The luftwaffe bombers have an automatic bombsight but it would still be good to have a manual release function for them as well, in case someone wants to drop manually.

mop
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Crash to desktop in launcher.exe when loading dot net 4.0. This happens pretty much immediately. Steam version with latest patch. Link to description which shows error message and solution.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/0be1aecb-b446-413c-b059-54e1f6065bec/

SG1_Lud
05-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Finally, the manual bomb release key (the drop bombs key on my joystick) doesn't work from the bombardier's position.

Confirmed here

mop
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Crash to desktop in launcher.exe when loading dot net 4.0. This happens pretty much immediately. Steam version with latest patch. Link to description which shows error message and solution.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/0be1aecb-b446-413c-b059-54e1f6065bec/

Sorry forgot to mention Win7 x64 Ultimate

SG1_Lud
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Small bug but easy to solve.

Sit in the cockpit.

Open canopy: OK
Close canopy:
The view tries to switch to center forward view. It causes a split second undesired an unrealistic effect when you are not looking exactly at the center forward view. Specially noticeable for head tracker users.

If you try to emulate that the pilot must be looking forward to close the canopy, a temporal override of the views controls should be coded, allowing for a smooth transition from the original view to the forward view, close the canopy and then back to the original view.

SG1_Lud
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Run the quick mission "German attack Column" and 10 out of 10 times you will find a german bomber burning that has been shot down, burning static in the middle of the air-

Untamo
05-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Tested version 1.01.14550, Bf 109, Bf 110 and He 111 in FMB.

In Bf 109 and 110 as soon as I touch the prop pitch (with either increase or decrease button binded to joystick buttons) the lever jams into the increase position. I can press the decrease button and the lever goes to the decrease position but as soon as I let go it again goes into the increase position. If I press the increase button, the lever goes to neutral, keeping the current prop pitch.

Checked that the joystick buttons work ok. Squadmate confirms the bug. Makes flying quite impossible.

The Bf 110 still goes "Rodeo" when over 400km/h, the heading starts to bounce all over the place. Up and down and side to side.

In earlier versions I could enter the rear gunner position in Bf110, this doesn't seem to work anymore. Tested the following buttons: "Jump Between Pilot and Selected position" (in Aircraft category), "Manned position #X", "Change Manned Position" and "Next Manned Position" (in View category). Generally can't switch positions in any plane.

-Untamo

SG1_Lud
05-20-2011, 09:21 AM

In Bf 109 and 110 as soon as I touch the prop pitch (with either increase or decrease button binded to joystick buttons) the lever jams into the increase position. I can press the decrease button and the lever goes to the decrease position but as soon as I let go it again goes into the increase position. If I press the increase button, the lever goes to neutral, keeping the current prop pitch.

Checked that the joystick buttons work ok. Squadmate confirms the bug. Makes flying quite impossible.

-Untamo

WORKAROUND:

Map your buttons to propeller pitch #1.

Krt_Bong
05-20-2011, 03:46 PM
First I like the Game and it runs pretty well on my system,
AMD Phenom X4 3.2GHz 4x1Gb DDR3 Sapphire HD 5870 ATI 1Gb/256

a few things to mention, during the last update the Steam Cloud erased all the key assignments in my game, this should be exempt from updates, I turned off Steam Cloud but it should not have been an issue a real joy killer there.

In the key assignments, Horizontal 'Stablizier' should be Stabilizer.

Bf-110 crashes take forever they bounce and roll on the ground after impact.

Graphical textures (large squares of shore texture) out in the channel and along shorelines (phantom docks?)

Need a toggle for Oil Radiator (currently open or closed)

No place to assign an in game Pilot name, currently uses the name from Steam

various noises and sound files playing when they shouldn't (wheels turning after retract)

No external animation of canopy open/close when you are flying from externals, same with Radiators.

Under Searchlights in FMB there are lighthouses and a runway beacon? do they work? could they? is this planned for later?

AI flies twitchy making very rapid changes in course and generally looking fake doing flick turns and violent rolls, can this behavior be toned down without losing functionality, they also fly along with full deflection of controls while flying straight and level, kills immersion and just looks wrong.

while viewing a Spit from externals I noticed my pilots elbows sticking out of the aircraft through the skin

Tall grass on Airfields sticks through wings, maybe we could reduce the amount of tall grass where spawns exist?

And we need a little bit of info on how to use the FMB, I can muck around in it but getting it to work properly will take some learning.

After the last patch I get intermittent non functional joystick inputs - primarily with throttle and the keyboard goes unresponsive as well, I have checked the joystick both in control panel and in 1l-2 1946 and it works fine.

Airfield lights and stars visible through everything...

Krt_Bong
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM

The Bf 110 still goes "Rodeo" when over 400km/h, the heading starts to bounce all over the place. Up and down and side to side.

In earlier versions I could enter the rear gunner position in Bf110, this doesn't seem to work anymore. Tested the following buttons: "Jump Between Pilot and Selected position" (in Aircraft category), "Manned position #X", "Change Manned Position" and "Next Manned Position" (in View category). Generally can't switch positions in any plane.

-Untamo

check in Realism settings tick box for changing positions

Untamo
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
check in Realism settings tick box for changing positions

*Facepalm* .. sorry everyone ;)

-Untamo

Col.Flanders
05-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Support for mousewheel please!

Siegfried
05-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Prop Efects and other are behind of clouds texture...

timholt
05-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Running latest hot fix I am still getting lock ups requiring the task manager exit when doing ground attacks.

I normally fly either a Hurricane or a Spit and when attacking vehicle columns the game will lock up, usually on the second pass, as soon as I start firing, i.e. no explosions, just the tracers leaving the guns.

I just changed the FMB mission to a 109 strafing a couple of Brit fuel colums, got spectacular explosions (flew straight through them) and did numerous passes without a lock up. An enigma I would love an explanation for.

Edit. I just tried the 109 on the same column the Brit planes lock up the computer. I got several passes in including huge fuel explosions but eventually got the lock up again. On each occasion there is a huge memory spike and I think it may have something to do with vehicles towing trailers????

NOTE: THIS PROBLEM SOLVED - IT WAS VEHICLES TOWING TRAILERS/GUNS ETC THAT WERE CAUSING THE LOCKUPS. I COULD LEAVE THEM IN THE MISSION AND NOT TARGET THEM WITH NO PROBLEM. AS SOON AS I STARTED FIRING AT THEM WITH THE HURRI, SPIT, 109 OR 110 THE GAME WOULD LOCK UP WITH THE NOT RESPONDING MESSAGE

Also mirrors are still a physadelic mess.

Still losing sound occasionally.

Still being asked if I would like to drop out of Aero.

Still got that feeling of going nowhere on this.

RoF, here I come.

scrope
05-21-2011, 02:18 PM
With latest update, when i turn off map i get a blank page the same size as the map was, anyone else experiencing this???, have tried everything except reinstalling, ran very well before patch.

scrope
05-21-2011, 02:38 PM
With latest update, when i turn off map i get a blank page the same size as the map was, anyone else experiencing this???, have tried everything except reinstalling, ran very well before patch.
Sorry, Spec's
Asus Sabretooth
Gainwood 560 ti 2 Gig
2600k [not clocked]
8 g Corsair 1600
850 Psu
W7 Pro 64

Rickusty
05-22-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted, but...

Everytime I fly a (whatever) mission for the first time, everything is great.
Just when I click the "end mission", and retry another mission, the Launcher.exe stops working. Every single time.

I always have to completely restart the game to play a mission

Oh... and btw, clouds are HUGE Fps killers. Without them, all it's smooth, even with around 40/50 planes in the air.

C2D E7500 2,97mhz,4 GB ram DDR2800, GTS450 1GB
Windows 7 32 bit

Cheers
Rick

Derinahon
05-22-2011, 10:44 PM
As we all know, the current mirrors are useless. Can we have mirrors with the level of detail shown in this early video? It's also briefly shown in the official trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMFFQGryWhk

Untamo
05-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Latest hotfix testing:

The Bf-109 / 110 prop pitch now works, but the controls are inverted, as the increase prop pitch button now decreases the pitch and vice versa. Would be nice to have it non-reversed again :) The new prop pitch increase/decrease system works nicely otherwise in the Bfs.

110 continues it's weird (rodeo) behaviour over 400km/h.

Sounds started to act up and sometimes disappear (and sometimes appear again) after the patch.

Tested dive / low level bombing with Bf110 in FMB. The >1km detonator doesn't seem to work even if bomb dropped over 1km (1,5km in my test). The dive/low level detonators had some reliability issues as well when bomb "driven" to the target. Release at varying distances. About 2/3 bombs exploded. Feature or a bug? Il-2 type activation time needed?

Dive/low level bombing online hasn't worked for me, when I go to the plane customization screen and loadout customization, select a dive/low level fuse for the bomb I'm going to use (250kg in my tests) and then create a flight, take off and try to bomb, the bombs never detonate. Seems like the fuse is always the >1km fuse? Bf110 used in these tests also.

Level bombing really screams for the level stabilizer.

EDIT: Not a recent issue but has always been there: Some ground textures/detail disappear if I increase FOV above about 100 degrees. I play at about 120 degrees so this is a major one for me :-/

-Untamo

Col.Flanders
05-23-2011, 01:33 PM
"Black lines" graphical glitch as described in http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21743

Bobb4
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RocketDog/Launcher2011-04-2018-03-17-01.jpg

While this is not my screenshot, I have the exact same error. It is either water onto land or sometimes land out into the water.
It has been with me since I bought the game and rather irritating. I also have the ATI three stripes as well.
Please can the developers check with AMD on a cure for this.
I play the latest games and my system has never ever given me an artifact.
This is definately linked either to the game engine or a driver issue. I am using the latest 11.5 drivers.
rest of my system specs are below in my sig.

Last error I noticed is in the black death track. it happens as all the hurricaines are destroyed by bombs. The distance view where you are looking past the lined up vehicles.
A plane crashes and a single plume of white smoke follows it to the ground.
That white streak of smoke can be seen at odd angles throughout the rest of the track.
I know the track is a composite and jumps back and forth through time like a yo-yo but everytime you see that streak of white smoke pointing into the sky it kills the emmersion.
The blackdeath track is a trademark of Maddox Games and i wish they had worked on it a bit more.
I am sure someone else here has raised the sound issues :grin:

Thanks for listening. Still a great game.

Untamo
05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Confirming Bobb4's post, same "features" here. Sometimes can be really long thin stretches of land out to the sea.

-Untamo

Tiger27
05-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Weird small bug ... online, with patch 14413, crash landed my spit Ia, and when the plane came to a stop the mirror reappered (I always disable it). Tried to disable it again but instead it cycled between two different types of mirror.

I have seen this as well, no biggie but strange.

JG53Frankyboy
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
if you change positions in multicrew planes ONLINE (and only ONLINE !) the game sets the engine temperature to ZERO.
In the Blenheim for example, the causes the engines to stop.....

BOKATAR
05-25-2011, 05:50 PM
When playing online, after 15-20 minutes of play sounds become intermittent for a minute or so then completely disappears..

Untamo
05-26-2011, 05:14 AM
if you change positions in multicrew planes ONLINE (and only ONLINE !) the game sets the engine temperature to ZERO.
In the Blenheim for example, the causes the engines to stop.....

I've seen this(or similar) behaviour both offline and online. 50% of the time when I switch from pilot seat to gunner in Bf110 or Ju88, the engine power drops dramatically. I have to jump back to the pilot seat and adjust throttle to get the rpm back.

-Untamo

SYN_Flashman
05-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I've seen this(or similar) behaviour both offline and online. 50% of the time when I switch from pilot seat to gunner in Bf110 or Ju88, the engine power drops dramatically. I have to jump back to the pilot seat and adjust throttle to get the rpm back.

-Untamo

Not only does changing crew position reset your engine temps to zero it also closes you radiators. SO when you do power back up, if you forget to check your rad you then blow your engine... as I did in a Stuka yesterday (online)

timholt
05-31-2011, 05:41 AM
I had a vehicle column strafing mission in FMB. It was OK until I added a second a/c. Once the attack began (flying 109-E's) and the German voices started they just kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. This carried on for every mission I opened thereafter i.e. the same phrase form the original strafing FMB mission would just not go away. I had to restart the game to get rid of it.

timholt
06-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Now I cannot access FMB missions as I cannot get past the Players Plane that is now always Spit IIa regardless of what has been selected in the FMB. Plus plus plus etc etc.
Frustrating in the extreme trying to fly.

Untamo
06-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Now I cannot access FMB missions as I cannot get past the Players Plane that is now always Spit IIa regardless of what has been selected in the FMB. Plus plus plus etc etc.
Frustrating in the extreme trying to fly.

The "Plane" screen has nothing to do with the plane that is selected for you in the mission... which is not nice. It's indeed very misleading. Old IL-2 arming screen was so simple and intuitive.

You must first select the plane from this menu that you are about to fly in the mission and then you can make settings that might or might not have any effect on the plane that you will have in the mission :)

timholt
06-05-2011, 12:43 AM
The "Plane" screen has nothing to do with the plane that is selected for you in the mission... which is not nice. It's indeed very misleading. Old IL-2 arming screen was so simple and intuitive.

You must first select the plane from this menu that you are about to fly in the mission and then you can make settings that might or might not have any effect on the plane that you will have in the mission :)

I understand all this and did not have this problem until a couple of days ago. What I am saying is, that when I try to fly a FMB mission (from Single Missions) it opens with a screen that has only one option - "Select a plane", I do that that and it then brings up a screen with the "Fly" choice. I Hit that and it goes back to a screen with the single option of "Select a Plane" again.
It is a continuous loop that it cannot get out of.
I tried deleting all the Cache files in the Cache folder in CoD and then "Verifying Cache Files etc in the Steam application, but they just sit there at 0% and do nothing.
Quick missions fire up OK, it is just any missions under Single Missions that will not work.
This first happened after this (reported previously):

I had a vehicle column strafing mission in FMB. It was OK until I added a second a/c. Once the attack began (flying 109-E's) and the German voices started they just kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. This carried on for every mission I opened thereafter i.e. the same phrase form the original strafing FMB mission would just not go away. I had to restart the game to get rid of it.

Edit: A day later, I opened up the mission (where all the troubles began) in the FMB and deleted all. Went back to the game and tried several single missions and they all opened. I inadvertantly reopened the problem child mission (now a blank slate) again whilst doing this and from thereon could not open any single missions once more. Closed the game and deleted the mission from the CoD/Missions/Single folder and all is well again.
So something quirky was going on in that mission file somehow.

fireship4
06-05-2011, 01:19 AM
# After about half an hour of multiplayer I get microstutters in the audio, and then audio cuts out.

# When changing audio settings and pressing "test" (for example from default to surround), all speakers will not play. If you press test again it plays correctly.

# I have warped landscape, eg parts off land appear to stick out into the sea, etc.

# Fuel pressure seems off for the BF109 from the specs I've read (apart from the other FM issues). Oil pressure also possibly.

# If you set forest to "very low" they will sometimes disappear completely, and require setting to "low" and possibly a game restart.

# It should be possible to cofigure both normal throttle and WEP throttle onto one axis (curently one over-rides the other and deletes it).

# AI bail-out due to fire is always instantaneous, too quick to seem realistic.

# More options for customising axis are needed, for example sensitivity for trim axis.

# Verticle and horizontal convergence settings seem to be reversed in settings menu (ie if you set horizontal convergence it actually sets verticle convergence).

# Possibility to open right side window on 109, and stick your head out of it (unless already possible).

# Head movement inside BF109 cockpit is bugged. You can raise your head height more if you move it to the side than you can in the centre.

# Selecting loadouts etc. for SP/MP is unintuitive.

# More cockpit functionality would be nice in the planes - ie more working buttons, switches and guages.

# Contrails appeared then disappeared again for me as I was climbing from sea level to around 7km in 109 (dont know if this is a bug).

# AA does seem to work to an extent for me.

EDIT

# Skins still need to be copied from steam folder to user/documents/1C Softclub/IL-2 etc before they work.

7360simon
06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
hi cliffs of dover has been downloaded on windows xp my computer has the recomended specs... i get the message through steam preparing to launch..
then the orange circle with the aircraft in it for a few seconds and then just go back to desktop......any suggestions...7360simon

Manilow
06-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Could we please have a correction to the 79 Squadron RAF. The Prefix for the squadron during the battle of britain is AL not NV

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/bobno79sqn.cfm

The NV prefix didn't get used until the squadron was deployed to Burma.

I know on the scale of fixes in game this is minuscule but being a founder memeber of the 79 squadron vRAF I thought I would raise it as an item to be fixed.

Many Thanks

_79_Manilow

klem
06-08-2011, 03:39 PM
hi cliffs of dover has been downloaded on windows xp my computer has the recomended specs... i get the message through steam preparing to launch..
then the orange circle with the aircraft in it for a few seconds and then just go back to desktop......any suggestions...7360simon

...only that you are running XP. Its supposed to be ok but I have seen several posts saying running it under XP is a pig - I don't know why.

I have a second PC of 'minimum spec' with XP and it won't even get as far as the orange symbol. I try to run it, the cursor changes to the timer for a second or two and then - nothing more.

tourmaline
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Could have something to do with direct x...
Direct x 10 and direct x 11 won't work on xp!

...only that you are running XP. Its supposed to be ok but I have seen several posts saying running it under XP is a pig - I don't know why.

I have a second PC of 'minimum spec' with XP and it won't even get as far as the orange symbol. I try to run it, the cursor changes to the timer for a second or two and then - nothing more.

SNAFU
06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Does anyone have a list of airfield for which the spawnpoints do actually work?

I used the prebuilt spawnpoints and after about the 4th or 6th spawing plane, they loose track of the spawnpoints and just spawn anywhere in the area.

This also happens when I use my own spawnpoints with a customized runway and spawnpoints.

Generally the customzid runway spawnpoints do not seem to work on prebuilt runways. I tried to minimize the custom runways and put them over the prebuilt ones, minimized the radii and put a spawnarea directly on the customized runway, doesn´t help.

I tried "Guines" and "Theville", both spawn somewhere after the 4th or 6th plane, only "Carquebut" seems to work, so I deleted the spawnpoints.

[Airdromes]
airdrome0 43246.94 70691.76 2 500 1000 0
airdrome1 283906.92 204953.32 2 500 700 0
[airdrome0_Runways]
43246.36 70698.49 365.00 20.00 5.00 0
[airdrome0_Points]
44380.24 70364.31 116 108 99 88 77 65 53 40 26 12 7 1
44437.34 70400.23 2
44386.92 70542.67 3
44371.87 70656.59 4
44358.53 70833.80 5
44457.05 70831.74 6
44455.34 70905.30
44440.15 70403.58 8
44386.24 70543.70 9
44373.58 70655.90 10
44477.24 70652.83 11
44474.94 70732.80
44441.36 70402.82 13
44384.72 70542.84 14
44369.95 70654.77 15
44358.05 70833.85 16
44352.33 71025.32 17
44341.38 71049.14 18
44319.94 71062.95 19
44273.74 71069.14 20
44192.30 71076.76 21
44159.91 71090.10 22
44079.89 71178.69 23
43941.29 71164.40 24
43707.90 71174.41 25
43680.30 71229.12
44440.41 70399.97 27
44385.37 70541.45 28
44369.08 70653.54 29
44356.63 70832.69 30
44352.26 71022.95 31
44339.88 71050.10 32
44318.44 71065.34 33
44189.37 71076.29 34
44157.45 71090.58 35
44080.29 71178.70 36
43940.74 71164.41 37
43814.52 71170.60 38
43708.78 71175.36 39
43748.29 71226.88
44440.21 70401.41 41
44386.56 70542.07 42
44371.37 70655.53 43
44358.20 70833.91 44
44351.34 71025.87 45
44341.39 71051.41 46
44319.08 71064.05 47
44189.63 71077.62 48
44158.71 71091.20 49
44084.78 71178.71 50
43942.15 71164.60 51
43814.58 71170.78 52
43818.08 71236.25
44439.04 70402.66 54
44386.06 70541.45 55
44369.65 70655.48 56
44357.65 70834.11 57
44351.34 71025.57 58
44342.30 71050.61 59
44318.31 71063.44 60
44189.13 71077.33 61
44159.25 71089.74 62
44080.56 71180.00 63
43941.91 71165.06 64
43903.78 71215.53
44440.21 70401.06 66
44386.56 70541.17 67
44369.37 70657.00 68
44356.63 70834.08 69
44351.36 71024.19 70
44341.66 71049.68 71
44319.22 71063.26 72
44189.22 71077.13 73
44158.10 71089.66 74
44081.71 71179.75 75
43942.29 71165.37 76
43995.40 71214.50
44439.13 70401.69 78
44385.45 70541.67 79
44370.03 70655.74 80
44352.82 70988.29 81
44352.52 71025.97 82
44340.95 71050.74 83
44318.70 71063.79 84
44189.06 71077.29 85
44158.21 71090.49 86
44081.38 71179.64 87
44107.04 71227.10
44438.38 70401.62 89
44383.06 70541.94 90
44371.61 70655.22 91
44359.57 70835.09 92
44352.88 70988.36 93
44351.25 71027.45 94
44342.03 71052.43 95
44318.84 71064.32 96
44192.33 71078.15 97
44158.88 71090.04 98
44190.40 71131.07
44442.47 70400.37 100
44384.03 70542.34 101
44366.98 70655.33 102
44357.35 70834.40 103
44352.92 71026.48 104
44341.36 71051.04 105
44319.30 71064.14 106
44274.87 71068.29 107
44282.43 71114.32
44440.62 70397.97 109
44386.89 70542.93 110
44370.81 70655.84 111
44356.20 70834.52 112
44350.35 71025.64 113
44340.48 71049.75 114
44447.91 71063.64 115
44448.65 71114.58
44439.81 70400.69 117
44385.56 70542.33 118
44368.79 70655.22 119
44355.11 70834.48 120
44349.98 70988.43 121
44391.71 70987.40 122
44444.81 71022.54
[airdrome1_Runways]
283855.00 204878.49 40.00 20.00 5.00 0
[airdrome1_Points]
283840.19 204869.39 106 103 100 97 93 88 82 75 72 69 67 64 62 60 57 53 49 45 41 37 34 30 26 21 16 11 6 1
283866.46 204842.54 2
284003.54 204941.54 3
284097.08 204953.50 4
284206.11 204951.11 5
284236.87 204979.59
283865.42 204842.54 7
284002.85 204941.89 8
284097.42 204953.43 9
284209.74 204950.42 10
284210.01 204917.74
283866.46 204841.85 12
284002.71 204942.11 13
284096.38 204953.39 14
284172.18 204949.97 15
284170.05 204916.60
283866.12 204842.19 17
284001.46 204941.54 18
284097.22 204953.43 19
284171.77 204950.19 20
284200.80 204990.91
283866.81 204840.81 22
284003.05 204942.25 23
284096.65 204953.63 24
284132.59 204951.64 25
284164.25 205000.53
283867.15 204842.19 27
284002.72 204942.01 28
284094.63 204955.27 29
284121.89 204993.72
283866.46 204841.50 31
284003.28 204942.69 32
284064.46 204950.19 33
284083.81 204983.42
283829.02 204909.45 35
283862.40 204950.90 36
283890.82 204969.52
283829.83 204908.38 38
283862.94 204950.90 39
283843.29 204984.01 40
283871.83 205002.66
283829.02 204909.45 42
283863.47 204950.09 43
283829.83 205009.31 44
283856.06 205025.74
283830.10 204908.91 46
283863.47 204950.63 47
283814.22 205038.11 48
283839.15 205053.48
283831.45 204909.45 50
283863.47 204948.75 51
283811.19 205041.54 52
283808.82 205065.98
283831.18 204908.65 54
283862.94 204949.29 55
283812.14 205037.87 56
283781.71 205047.56
283813.81 204893.91 58
283783.27 204867.20 59
283761.04 204897.82
283806.33 204891.68 61
283788.20 204915.69
283831.71 204908.11 63
283810.65 204934.19
283866.85 204841.94 65
283845.50 204813.15 66
283862.24 204793.72
283866.50 204842.41 68
283889.18 204819.02
283866.03 204843.68 70
283894.52 204862.85 71
283915.43 204841.29
283866.22 204844.00 73
283919.51 204880.95 74
283937.12 204862.17
283867.75 204842.85 76
284002.51 204942.32 77
284097.41 204953.64 78
284247.53 204950.77 79
284288.00 204959.02 80
284312.43 204950.01 81
284332.71 204950.38
283866.72 204844.53 83
284002.84 204942.11 84
284096.90 204953.75 85
284247.31 204950.73 86
284265.51 204924.43 87
284287.96 204921.58
283866.17 204843.63 89
284002.61 204942.32 90
284096.46 204953.59 91
284132.59 204951.66 92
284130.01 204921.03
283866.37 204842.88 94
284002.86 204942.29 95
284063.79 204949.88 96
284065.94 204920.84
283866.51 204844.08 98
283963.71 204913.16 99
283972.11 204891.53
283862.64 204950.61 101
283813.86 205036.82 102
283783.75 205021.93
283862.26 204949.82 104
283828.65 205008.62 105
283798.77 204994.38
283862.18 204949.85 107
283843.19 204982.96 108
283810.34 204967.07
[BirthPlace]
"III./JG27 - Carquebut" 2 52693 39771 0 1 1 1 de Luftwaffe_Fighter_1940 BoB_LW_JG27_III
"III./JG27 - Theville" 2 43246 70684 0 1 1 1 de Luftwaffe_Fighter_1940 BoB_LW_JG27_III
"III./JG27 - Guines" 2 283855 204878 0 1 1 1 de Luftwaffe_Fighter_1940 BoB_LW_JG27_III
[BirthPlace0]
Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B
Aircraft.Bf-109E-3
[BirthPlace1]
Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B
Aircraft.Bf-109E-3
[BirthPlace2]
Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B
Aircraft.Bf-109E-3

"Theville" max. 14 spawn points regular
http://www.Schwaan.info/Snafu/CoD/bugreport/spawnbug_theville1.jpeg

"Guines" max. 12 spawn points regular
http://www.Schwaan.info/Snafu/CoD/bugreport/spawnbug_guines1.jpeg

Has anyone experience with the location of the spawnpoints, customized and prebuilt ones? Or airfields which actually work?

jayrc
06-25-2011, 06:46 PM
unable to change fuel quantity (offline) anyone else?

Danelov
06-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Cool Guines, like Beverly Hills. Only lack the Swimming Pools and some tenis court.

OhCanada
08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
First off, nicely done on the game. Visuals are outstanding, there is a 1940 atmosphere to the battle. This format would be excellent for the Battle of Guadalacanal (Aug 1942-Feb.1943).
1. Anyway, what I noticed and had problems seeing was the player icon on the map, white is very dififcult to see amoung the detail unless you really zoom in,
even the flag is hard to notice. Changing this to another color contrasting to the map would help (bright green, blue??). Also when you close and then re-open the map it does not center on player a/c like it did in 1946, this would be helpful if this was changed.
2. In the player campaign for the RAF flying the Hurricane, I noticed that the lead Hurc did not have any markings on it at all. I wish I could remember what mission it was, sorry.

Am running the game with the latest patch (1.02)

64 bit
win 7
raytheon hd 6900 series
quad core
1 TB on board
1 GB on video card
8 GB on processor

niallpatty
08-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I have a poor/intermittent internet connection and regularly play with friends on IL2 1946 over a LAN sucessfully on my win7 pc's. When I try to do the same on COD I get the errors described in the thread below. I have not tried setting it up in lobby as suggested yet. If I have 2 pc's networked without an internet connection running the same update version of COD, can I play multiplayer as was possible in 1946?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24991

Verhängnis
10-02-2011, 11:18 AM
In Beta Patch Track playback does not record all effects and settings, for example when I recorded my 109 start up procedure, when I replayed the track, it had not recorded the movement inside cockpit of the wheels and knobs for both Radiators and the Fuel Primer pump handle. There is also a video on youtube where the track did not record a spitfire shooting an enemy bomber properly, none of the shells and smoke effects from bullet hits showed up where the aircraft had been hit. Both occurred in the beta patches.

Vonte
10-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello Nearmiss, Oleg and co.

As you may gather from my title, I'm an old pilot who is sometimes bold. Being born 6 months after the BoB, I've had experience of flying sailplanes for many years and flight Sims from the first MS Sims and many Il2 Sims. I waited with bated breath for the launch of CoD, but was dismayed by the poor reviews on launch. I therefore waited until August before I took the plunge and bought the DVD for £13.99, thinking that if didn't work on my low spec PC, I hadn't spent too much! I ignored all the moaners and concentrated on the positive reports. I took on board the excellent advice given by PC Pilot on how to get better FPS which in a nutshell was: Let your GPU do all the 3D rendering and turn off the
3D functions within the game. They also said that turning off Grass and lowering Forest, gave better FPS. I found that with the settings I use (see below), flying a Tiger Moth, I can land on the MALL and taxy up to BUCKINGHAM PALACE and not drop below 22fps.. Flying in CoD is a joy, taking off from Manston with the sun rising over The Channel was a "jaw dropping" experience. The attention to detail in the cockpits and on the ground has to be seen. Even without combat, the flight models allow "site seeing" trips. Having flown Wings of Prey for the last 12 months and being a squadron member of JS 109, I have made many friends and hope to do the same in CoD. With regards to Wings of Prey, I and my squad mates can no longer fly in it as we feel it is too "Arcadey". Now for the one thing that needs to be urgently addressed by the developers, this is: LAUNCHER exe failure, could they please, please. please sort this problem out on the next update. I know I'm not alone looking at the forum gripes, and before you ask, yes, I have tried every one posted, and I do mean EVERY solution posted. Thank you for reading thus far, as you can see I'm hooked on the game, I just want to crash land, not crash to desk top!!!

Kindest regards

Vonte JS109 aka Jester
__________________________________________________ _______________

System spec:
Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz (O/C to 2.7Ghz) 4Gb 667Mhz Ram MSI N460GTX Hawk
1Gb (O/C 850 core 1950 Memory) Artic Cooler Pro V2 Vista 32 OS

In game settings:
22" Monitor 1680x1050 - 1440x900 (ie one res down)
Everything set to Medium except: Forest-Low Texture-High SSAO-On
Grass-Off Shadows-On Roads-On
All other settings done on GPU 3D Settings

bolox
10-08-2011, 03:43 PM
fuelcock #1 under axes control is reversed in spitfire and stuka

NLS61
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Plz fix launcher .exe crash game will lock up after some minutes of play always

chris455
10-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Clouds cause considerable loss of FPS/ stutter when flying near them
The sound of the machine guns on British aircraft is very weak, almost unable to be heard. (using beta patch 2)

EvilJoven
10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I discovered how the game assigns device IDs to joysticks, it's the same method they used in IL2 1946 and it's both problematic and fixable. I've outlined that here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27113

Flak_Rambler
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
When you spawn into any airfield, the Directional Gyro always point 0 degrees, when it should point to the magnetic heading of the airplane. Also, if you set your compass into the right heading, and you start to fly, it doesn't point correctly.

Flak_Rambler
10-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I have already spawn into every English airfield and found that Lee-on-Solent has a gray strip all across the sky, guess is a simple problem that can be fix in the next patch.

Flak_Rambler
10-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Have been doing some work and research and found the official RAF Battle of Britain page:
http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/stations.html

on it I found the following airfields included in CoD were not part of 11 Group which was responsible for most of the geographic area CoD map covers:
Brooklands
Canterbury
Fainborough
Feltham
Gatwick
Hamble
Heathrow
Heston
Littlestone
Maidstone
Oldham
Portsmouth
Ramsgate
Reading
Redhill
Rochester
Shoreham
White Waltman
Wilmington
Worthydown

And the following airfields that were part of 11 Group are not included in CoD:
Debden
Detling
Martlesham
Rochford (most probably is your Southend)
Stapleford
West Malling (most probably is your Maidstone)

Could this be taken as a suggestion for future versions, since some of them played an important role during the battle.

Varrattu
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
2. the water radiators open/close on Stuka is very very slow. Almost stuck.

The JU87B-2 had hydraulically operated radiator cooling grills.

What you describe sounds like there's insufficient hydraulic pressure or something similar to operate the radiators when idling too low.

It is no bug, it is a feature ... ...

Regards

Varrattu

AMVI_Superblu
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
The JU87B-2 had hydraulically operated radiator cooling grills.

What you describe sounds like there's insufficient hydraulic pressure or something similar to operate the radiators when idling too low.

It is no bug, it is a feature ... ...

Regards

Varrattu
I confirm this :)
In other words, to get the rads open faster just give your engine more power so more hydraulic pressure is built.

S!

Quai1Ooth5d
11-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I really enjoy your COD. Its the next Milestone for a Flight Simulator. Thanks
a lot!! I really hope that Oleg will continue to develope Flight Simulators!!
Dont be angry about these damn Whiners, they never heard about Objects
and Classes

http://forums.nichechoppers.com/image.php?u=4129&dateline=1292495981
http://www.bingertoday.info/huang2.jpg
http://www.bingertoday.info/huang3.jpg

41Sqn_Stormcrow
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I still have the issue that after a while I no longer can click on the aircraft picture in the pop up window that I want to choose. This happens for instance during an online mission:

I log in, select an airfield and choose the aircraft that I want to fly through the mission. Then I want to change airfield, I do and click on the aircraft picture just above the create button. The infamous popup windows appears showing me the choices that I have. I want to select a plane but I damnit can no longer click on anything. Neither on the aircraft pictures to select a plane nor on the other buttons that are apparent in the popup menue. I also no longer can use any other button.

This is damn annoying.

Now through most buttons I can use tab and enter in order to do what I want to so it is just simply annoying. What is really frustrating is that I cannot access the different plane options by using tab. The cursor just jumps through the buttons in the plane selection popup window but never on the different planes.

Please issue a hotfix until you solve this issue by making it possible to access the plane options with using tab. At least that please. This problem is highly frustrating and already beyond annoyment.

jimmythedeath
02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
OK for me I am preying that the Shutter that makes my plane sound like its back firing will go away.
i have a Nice fast system.

Time of this report: 2/8/2012, 10:12:46
Machine name: GAMER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-990XA-UD3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 3083MB used, 13132MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Chip type: GeForce GTX 580
Dedicated Memory: 3034 MB

For my OS Drive I am running Dual: Corsair Force GT SATA3 120 SSD's
my game is installed on this drive, i am getting 700MB/s Write speed
I get the shutters. this is the only thing STOPPING me from REALLY enjoying my self in this game. Cant wait to try again after the next patch...

Jimmy OUT!!!

Rickusty
02-12-2012, 08:10 AM
BR20 bombsight view game crash

I just tried some multipl. games, and I wanted to try the B.R.20 bomber.
Well, 1 out of 3 times I went to the bombsight view in the bombardier position, the game crashed, with the famous Launcher.exe failed etc..
It seems there's a bug there.
Also, the bombsight can't be set higher than 2400 meters for bombing.

DennydD
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Bugs:

Spitfire Boost Model

No boost in Spitfire models but the MkII

External View Lock in Tracks

This is no feature. It does not make sense to tie the external view lock to the tracks you are able to make. Editing views should be possible in tracks all the time.

AntiAliasing

Needs a fix. Hopefully with the next patch. Wires and leading edges on airplanes don't fit into the rest of the good graphic.

Square Lakes in France

There are at least 2 huge square lakes in the map located in the south east of the map in france.

Launcher error in MP

Not clearing the cache by hand leads to corruption

Radio communication

Singleplayer Luftwaffe Campaign

The first mission escorting the Dornier needs a revision. Many missions seem to have no goals and always show failure.

Aircraft Funcions

Automatic propeller pitch, automatic radiator seems to do nothing, autopilot on the italian bomber (?). etc.

Autopilot

The autopilot often closes the gear after landing manual. If you want to avoid taxiing this is a bit of a pain.

-------------------------------------------------

Possible Improvements:

Implementing the Hispano Suiza 20mm to Spitfire. (unreliable or not, it should be there)

Implement the possibility to adjust gammaGT

Implement more weather. Even if not dynamic it adds a lot of immersin to add rain, overcast etc.

Easy to operate game screens/menus

Modding should be possible

-------------------------------------------------

csThor
02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Possible Improvements:

Adding the engine mounted Mg FF to the 109s as loadout option.

No, it should not because an engine-mounted weapon in a Bf 109 E is nothing but a false rumor that is still around because far too many "authors" are too lazy to do own research and copy from an ancient (and in many parts downright wrong) publication on the Bf 109. No Emil ever had an engine-mounted weapon.

DennydD
02-19-2012, 01:35 PM
No, it should not because an engine-mounted weapon in a Bf 109 E is nothing but a false rumor that is still around because far too many "authors" are too lazy to do own research and copy from an ancient (and in many parts downright wrong) publication on the Bf 109. No Emil ever had an engine-mounted weapon.

Ok. Do you have a source? Would be interesting.

I remove this paragraph because there is a lot of controversion in the net about this. Maybe some1 has sources about this thing.

csThor
02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I've got the full compendium on the Bf 109 E from Luftfahrtarchiv Hafner (reproduction of original german aircraft, engine and systems manuals), including detailed manuals on the weapons system. There is no mention of an engine-mounted weapon at all. Not to mention that the oil tank was placed in the same area that the breach of a central weapon would have occupied.

DennydD
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Thank you. I've been there and bookmarked the shop. Recommended. :grin:

41Sqn_Banks
02-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Ok. Do you have a source? Would be interesting.

I remove this paragraph because there is a lot of controversion in the net about this. Maybe some1 has sources about this thing.

Fighter Command Campaign Diary, 10 July 1940:

Air Intelligence Reports

Inspection of an Me109 which was shot down recently, confirmed that this aircraft is armed with 2 cannon, 1 in each wing, and 2 machine guns firing through the airscrew [propeller]. Previous reports that this aircraft carried 3 cannon are incorrect.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/campaign_diaries.cfm?diarymonth=7&diaryyear=1940&diaryday=10

hc_wolf
03-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Blacksix if you could pass this on please. Trains Bug to be fixed

Trains destroyed can not set off tiggers yet. When a train is destroyed and there is a trigger set to do something when that train is destroyed it can not be triggered.

Instead in the server cosole you get a list of ERRORS saying the train parts (Chiefs) have beed destroyed by crators not by the bomb or the guns on a plane etc.

This means that if there is an objective in the game that says if the train is destroyed then award the win to the other team then it can not be triggered.

I know the triggers are broken but you may not be aware of this issue with trains.

Thanks

gigidang
04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
it would be nice if a ever be able to run the game...

When i start CloD in Steam, there is a short sign of a logo, then nothing happens. No error-report, nothing.

My Sys:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
MSI P35 Neo2
4 GB Ram
Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
Nvidia 295.73
Win7 64

I reinstalled DotNetFX 4.0 and Visual C++ without any difference.

I will NOT reinstall my OS only to be able to rund this game, as there is no problem with any other applications.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28961&page=2

Ravenmickel
04-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry I posted this on maybe the wrong thread yesterday too, I think here is a the best choice because it maybe related to other "crash-related" issues and only possible to fix by patch??? So I try again:

Hi, I am newbie to CoD from Sweden (sorry for my not perfect english, hope You understand) and have not yet learned more than doing basic flying in Hurricane, Me 109 and Spitfire in the quickmissions. A problem destroys the experience though
The game (I have the latest version via steam update, to this date = april 4th, 2012) every time after every one to max two minutes "crashes" down to the bottom of my screen, the bar/field there at the bottom of the Windows 7-screen. (*I do not know its english name for sure - maybe it is the "activity field"/"activity bar"?)

I.e. the game behaves as if I runned the game in a windoved mode and volontary "clicked it down to the bar" so I can see/use the windows desktop instead.. It even has it's icon there on the bar (as if CoD was "downclicked") - and it comes up to normal when I click on it. Then I can fly for a approx. a minute again, before the same problem repeat it self. Which makes learning the sim quite impossible. I do not have a clue what to do to fix this. Please help me if You can?
I start the game via clicking on the CoD icon, then comes the steam, and then after shift+tabing (it does not btw respond on that commando without multiple tries). After that I come to the game proper screens without problems.
NB The "crash/downclicking thing" only start to appear after the mission per se is started and I am flying in the air.
I have tried the game in 1920 x 1200 and several other resolutions. Now I use 1600 x 1200 for better FPS with most videooptions maxed out. I have AA to 8x, disabled the anti-Ep filter, use SSAO and VSYNC (have tried all other combinations too, I think..).
The problem is the same when I try it on fullscreen, pseudo or off!
I have no problems at all with DCS A-10C or Rise of Flight or other programs I have.

MY PC: MSI motherboard. AMD Phenomen(tm)II x6 1100T processor, 3,3 GHz. I have two AMD Radeon HD 6900grafic cards with cross-fire. 17 GB installed memory. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. The game is installed in the standard way on my C-drive. My screen is a Samsung syncmaster with max resolution 1920 x 1200, 60 Hz. I use TM Hotas Warthog (mapped ingame for buttons and axes), Saitec Pro Combat rudderpedals and a Logitech G19 keyboard. Track IR 5 pro.
I have the latest driver for my graphics card says the program/computor when I tried to update the driver (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, date 2012-03-08, version: 8.951.0.0).

I just hope that someone here can give me advice what to do.
Best Regards and a Happy Easter to You all! /Michael E, Sweden

klem
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry I posted this on maybe the wrong thread yesterday too, I think here is a the best choice because it maybe related to other "crash-related" issues and only possible to fix by patch??? So I try again:

Hi, I am newbie to CoD from Sweden (sorry for my not perfect english, hope You understand) and have not yet learned more than doing basic flying in Hurricane, Me 109 and Spitfire in the quickmissions. A problem destroys the experience though
The game (I have the latest version via steam update, to this date = april 4th, 2012) every time after every one to max two minutes "crashes" down to the bottom of my screen, the bar/field there at the bottom of the Windows 7-screen. (*I do not know its english name for sure - maybe it is the "activity field"/"activity bar"?)

I.e. the game behaves as if I runned the game in a windoved mode and volontary "clicked it down to the bar" so I can see/use the windows desktop instead.. It even has it's icon there on the bar (as if CoD was "downclicked") - and it comes up to normal when I click on it. Then I can fly for a approx. a minute again, before the same problem repeat it self. Which makes learning the sim quite impossible. I do not have a clue what to do to fix this. Please help me if You can?
I start the game via clicking on the CoD icon, then comes the steam, and then after shift+tabing (it does not btw respond on that commando without multiple tries). After that I come to the game proper screens without problems.
NB The "crash/downclicking thing" only start to appear after the mission per se is started and I am flying in the air.
I have tried the game in 1920 x 1200 and several other resolutions. Now I use 1600 x 1200 for better FPS with most videooptions maxed out. I have AA to 8x, disabled the anti-Ep filter, use SSAO and VSYNC (have tried all other combinations too, I think..).
The problem is the same when I try it on fullscreen, pseudo or off!
I have no problems at all with DCS A-10C or Rise of Flight or other programs I have.

MY PC: MSI motherboard. AMD Phenomen(tm)II x6 1100T processor, 3,3 GHz. I have two AMD Radeon HD 6900grafic cards with cross-fire. 17 GB installed memory. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. The game is installed in the standard way on my C-drive. My screen is a Samsung syncmaster with max resolution 1920 x 1200, 60 Hz. I use TM Hotas Warthog (mapped ingame for buttons and axes), Saitec Pro Combat rudderpedals and a Logitech G19 keyboard. Track IR 5 pro.
I have the latest driver for my graphics card says the program/computor when I tried to update the driver (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, date 2012-03-08, version: 8.951.0.0).

I just hope that someone here can give me advice what to do.
Best Regards and a Happy Easter to You all! /Michael E, Sweden

have you tried:
1. Find C:\Users\*YOUR USER*\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\conf.ini, look under [window] and set Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0 (or reverse whatever it is)? Seen on a few websites/threads. If there's no D3D entry try adding either one like:
[window]
Render=D3D10_0

2. Try making fullscreen "pseudo" in video settings. Also seen on a few websites.

Ravenmickel
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Thank You klem!!!!!

Changing in conf.ini to: Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0, made the trick. I now can fly the time I want to :grin:

Best Rgds // Michael E

klem
04-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Thank You klem!!!!!

Changing in conf.ini to: Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0, made the trick. I now can fly the time I want to :grin:

Best Rgds // Michael E

Well it was a bit of a shot in the dark and for your card I don't think it should be necessary but the patch should sort that out when it comes.

Hope to see you online some day.

By the way you will probably still experience launcher crashes online after about 1-1.5 hours due to memory leak. Also being addresed in new patch.

Busterbvi
04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
First of all congratulations to all involved in this Materpiece in the making, absolutely fantastic. A few suggestions for some small improvements if I may.

1/ A louder more metalic clatter sound to the machine guns, especialy the Spitfire and Hurricane.

2/ A more authentic RR Merlin engine sound.

3/ A better funtioning exterior lockable "Spot" view with the ability to zoom in & out, the same as Microsoft FSX.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

Busterbvi.

Busterbvi
04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Further to my post earlier today, I would like to add a few more suggestions for improving this wonderful simulation.

1/ The flight dynamics of the fighters need a big improvement and softened up considerably. I use a good quality CH 568 Combat stick which is one of the more popular choice of controller for enthusiast flight simming. I have tried adjusting the sensitivities and null zones but it does not make much difference. The dynamics are far to sensitive and jerky.

2/ Difficult to keep the aircraft in level flight, you constantly have to keep trimming to stay level, this gets tiring very quickly, the elevator trim needs softening up, it is too sensitive, especialy on the fighters.

3/ In exterior view or what I call "spot" view the aircraft is almost un controllable and sometimes seems to do as it pleases all over the place !

4/ The colour of the towns and villages have a pink / orange palette which makes the buildings look a bit "cartoonish"

5/ With the stick centered, the plane will roll to the right, perhaps this is a deliberate realism effect of propeller torque, if it is, it should be removed, it is a nuisance !

As an ex pilot and keen flight sim enthusiast for some 10 years I hope Oleg and the team take note of these comments that are intended as constructive feedback and include the fixes in the next update patch. I have waited years for this and spent $5k on a new PC build just for it. It runs fine with my specs and I would be pleased to assist in perfecting this magnificent on going project. Thank you Oleg and your team for making this fantastic Battle of Britain simulation (I refuse to call it a game !!).

All the best, Busterbvi.

IbnSolmyr
05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Hey all !

I now wait for almost 10 years for this sim (1 decade !!) and with the facts Oleg Maddox left the project, and the patches are very very long to come, my concerns about it are growing up.
I still don't play Il-2 Cliffs of Dover cause i think it's not ready enough...

So, as i said in the title, couldn't we get more regular patches in order to demonstrate that the project's still well alive, dynamic etc... For now, i paid 70 euros for nothing or almost... I was very confident during years and years, knowing the Maddox' team quality work, but today this trust becomes fragile.

Does anyone have some informations to share about the future patches ?

Sorry if this post doesn't fit the thread enough, feel free to move it if necessary of course.

IbnSolmyr
05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Further to my post earlier today, I would like to add a few more suggestions for improving this wonderful simulation.

1/ The flight dynamics of the fighters need a big improvement and softened up considerably. I use a good quality CH 568 Combat stick which is one of the more popular choice of controller for enthusiast flight simming. I have tried adjusting the sensitivities and null zones but it does not make much difference. The dynamics are far to sensitive and jerky.

The Spitfire was a very sensitive plane. By the way, the virtual planes have been designed exactly as they were, from the official constructor plans. So if the game' physics are accurate, it shouldn't be so far from the historic reality.

2/ Difficult to keep the aircraft in level flight, you constantly have to keep trimming to stay level, this gets tiring very quickly, the elevator trim needs softening up, it is too sensitive, especialy on the fighters.

No plane from this era was so easy and so precise to flight, if you hope to be able to flight them stabilized without the hands and the feet, you can hope a long time anymore...

3/ In exterior view or what I call "spot" view the aircraft is almost un controllable and sometimes seems to do as it pleases all over the place !

Perfectly normal : would you easily drive your car from an exterior view ?... And it's in 2D, not in 3D. As you said, it's not really a game, cause it's a sim, and exterior views are here to show, not to flight.

4/ The colour of the towns and villages have a pink / orange palette which makes the buildings look a bit "cartoonish"

Depends on your screen and graphic settings too, and it's impossible to adjust the game to your stuff, and i believe the 'game' offers the possibility to adjust the colors (at least, it was planned). We debated it a long time ago in the forum.

5/ With the stick centered, the plane will roll to the right, perhaps this is a deliberate realism effect of propeller torque, if it is, it should be removed, it is a nuisance !

Here i really don't understand what you're saying : you know it's the torque effect, you know we talk about the most ambitious warbirds sim ever, but you would like it's removed cause it's a nuisance !.... OMG, so go flying on Combat Flight Simulator, it will good for you ! ;)

As an ex pilot and keen flight sim enthusiast for some 10 years I hope Oleg and the team take note of these comments that are intended as constructive feedback and include the fixes in the next update patch. I have waited years for this and spent $5k on a new PC build just for it. It runs fine with my specs and I would be pleased to assist in perfecting this magnificent on going project. Thank you Oleg and your team for making this fantastic Battle of Britain simulation (I refuse to call it a game !!).

All the best, Busterbvi.

Don't see here a naughty answer, but i don't understand your position.
Cordially.

zanzark
05-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Hey all !

I now wait for almost 10 years for this sim (1 decade !!) and with the facts Oleg Maddox left the project, and the patches are very very long to come, my concerns about it are growing up.
I still don't play Il-2 Cliffs of Dover cause i think it's not ready enough...

So, as i said in the title, couldn't we get more regular patches in order to demonstrate that the project's still well alive, dynamic etc... For now, i paid 70 euros for nothing or almost... I was very confident during years and years, knowing the Maddox' team quality work, but today this trust becomes fragile.

Does anyone have some informations to share about the future patches ?

Sorry if this post doesn't fit the thread enough, feel free to move it if necessary of course.

I feel EXACTLY the same as you do.
I feel sad every time I play it, and see the waste it is, for not being finished. :(
The graphics are 10 years ahead of the other sims like x-plane or FSX, Performance is WAY better than other sims, 3d cockpits are expectacular! There are many many excelent things about it, but the ones missing are really crutial.

Some really little details like these, would make a huge difference:

1 - Missions having a proper ending: Having to click on a dull EXIT after the mission is very sad and
Please! Make a decent debriefing screen!

2 - Can't use the bomber bombsight, thus making it useless.

3 - The radio chatter is COMPLETELY HOPELESS! Just control-copy it from the old IL-2!

4 - Weapons sounds in some planes are hopeless! Please, just control-copy from the old IL-2!

5 - Please put back the Medals, awards and Kill count in the campaign as in the old IL2!

broken pixel
05-24-2012, 12:27 AM
I just reinstall CLOD and now when I launch the game I get crashes to desktop saying windows has no memory available? I have 12GB of memory, my other specs are in my sig. :confused:

Busterbvi
06-06-2012, 03:06 AM
To IbnSolmyr.

My comments and feedback were intended for the developers to consider improvements to be included in the next patch. NOT for other members to argue with. If you have some constructive comments to offer the development team then post them. Do not hijack my posts. I am a real pilot and have worked on and actually had the privaledge to fly a few real Spitfires so I speak from experience, do you ? I am not interested in your opinion. The flight dynamics are wrong, the Spit was/is very easy to fly and very forgiving. Hands off ln level flight is not a problem in fact it was a design capability. If you want to try something very close to the real thing then I suggest you buy the A2A Simulations Mk1 & 2 Spitfire, it is the best out there and very realistic. I would also suggest you check your facts before you critisize input from others with hands on experience.

Thank you, Busterbvi.

Zat
06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi.

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
A-DATA 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz
GigaByte GTX 560 Ti Ultra Durable 1GB
MB Gigabyte MA790X-DS4
SEASONIC 500W
Coomaster Elite 330
Windows 7 Home Premium
No overclocking.
Only antivirus soft running in system during playing COD.
Playing max details and max resolution. Only effects are set to medium.
No MODs applied!

When experienced the problems, I was trying to "play" with settings, but results are the same.

The sim is absolutely GREAT, runs smoothly, but...! :-)

* Campaign - already during first mission with Hurricane it freezes. Have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and quit from Applications menu in Windows.

* Ground stutter during low level flight

* (dont know if its a bug) some key short-cuts doesnt work when in external view (opening canopy and such)

* sometimes when I open the canopy or eject it, the lower part of front dash panel changes textures to some super-low-res-mess :-)

* extreme framerate drops when effects are generated. Smoke, clouds, fire etc....only when close to the effect. During touchdown, smoke appears and the sim is unplayable from the cockpit because of the framerate drop. Have to switch to external view. Same on all effects, details or resolution settings.

* AI of wingmen is sometimes suicidal.

* sometimes sound of Hurricane engine changes its sound or how to say that from full power to something like 30% of power. All gauges looked ok and it has good energy during 30 minutes flight, so I think it wasnt because of engine damage. Not sure on this one.

* sometimes shadows flickering. Very rare.

* some objects levitates in air when put in Mission Builder.

Cant remember other things right now. About other things concerning physics, engines modelling etc.....donw know anything about it, so dont know if it works fine. :-)))

A little update:

* after spending many hours in multiplayer on ATAG server, game Launcher often crashes, which is very unfortunate.

Thanks

Zat - Czech Republic

IbnSolmyr
06-29-2012, 03:32 PM
To IbnSolmyr.

My comments and feedback were intended for the developers to consider improvements to be included in the next patch.

Ok, but some improvements for you aren't compulsorily improvements for all, for instance what i was explaining on the ground color point : too much depends.

NOT for other members to argue with. If you have some constructive comments to offer the development team then post them. Do not hijack my posts.

I assume i didn't want to argue with you, nor to hijack your post, and i admit that my language probably was too unpleasant, sorry for that, it's probably cause i was in a bad day as you can see with what i was saying in the post just above : This sim isn't finished, and we can legitimately wonder if it will be one day... In more, i wrote in an orange police, only for my answer's clarity, but i consider now it can have been a bad idea.

I am a real pilot and have worked on and actually had the privaledge to fly a few real Spitfires so I speak from experience, do you ? I am not interested in your opinion. The flight dynamics are wrong, the Spit was/is very easy to fly and very forgiving. Hands off ln level flight is not a problem in fact it was a design capability. If you want to try something very close to the real thing then I suggest you buy the A2A Simulations Mk1 & 2 Spitfire, it is the best out there and very realistic. I would also suggest you check your facts before you critisize input from others with hands on experience.

Thank you, Busterbvi.

Ok, here you are a bit angry it seems... :rolleyes:
I'm a real pilot too and have known people axactly as you it seems : working on and flying some 109 and Spit warbirds in an local fans association. I didn't get the privaledge to fly them by myself, but had some talks with the owners/pilots, and see the beasts flying.
So your feeling about my experience isn't totally fair.
Even if you're not interested in my opinion, i give you : Surely the flight dynamics are too sensitive, but the Spit was pricisely an excellent compromize between sensitivity and easy to pilot. As everyone knows, it was very capable against 109s, even if not as sensitive in roll, it was maneuverable. But i never said it wasn't an easy to fly warbird.
For the trim sensitivity, i totally agree with you, and i may hadn't understood what you were explaining, cause i thought the same thing. But what i wanted to say was just that it's normal to regularly adjust the trims, so it's impossible to flight a long time without the hands and the feet. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

For the point 5, i still don't understand what you said : I guess we won't let go the torque force, and when you'll have some nice trims, it is not a nuisance anymore in navigation flight. Then in combat, with all the flight variations...

SQB
07-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Very interested to see no comments on this yet. Texture lod seems to be inverted, with higher quality textures loading in with the camera further away and lower quality textures when up close!

broken pixel
07-15-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm still getting crashes to the desktop with the latest beta patch. My specs are in my sig.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Launcher.exe_Launcher
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d6e3d08
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0008d6fd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033