PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback

Qpassa
03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Although I havent bought the Clod (in russian), I have read a lot of "reviews" of people with Force Feedback in their joysticks, and they said that It doesnt work. I asked to Oleg if you were going to build a new FF model, I really dont remember the answer, but It was going to be in game

Similar thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19520

ICDP
03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I have the Russian version and can confirm there is no force feedback from my G940. I might be missing something but enabling FF=1 in the conf.ini does nothing. I hope this is just an oversight on my behalf, I would hate to think that a new sim would be released in 2011 with no force feedback support.

Azimech
03-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I have no doubt this will be solved.

dreamofire
03-29-2011, 01:45 AM
With my old FFB2, nothing but centering force.

I agree that this will be eventually resolved, or people with force feedback devices would loose one great gameing experience.

tagTaken2
03-29-2011, 02:36 AM
With my old FFB2, nothing but centering force.

I agree that this will be eventually resolved, or people with force feedback devices would loose one great gameing experience.

Do you get nothing but the full centering force with MSFFB2? I think the full on you get in Win 7 is a bit hard to play with, I really hope we can get adjustable FFB ingame (like RoF or BS).

xnomad
03-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh that sucks :( I hope we'll get something soon, it's really not the same without FFB.

It's like the difference between a manual and an automatic car, you get a lot more feel for what the cars doing and what speed it's at. I hope they don't put in the psycho recoil effects that IL2 had, if they do I hope we can zero out the files like before.

ICDP
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Luthier has confirmed there is no Force Feedback support in CoD.

Storm of When
03-29-2011, 10:06 AM
That means there`s no FF yet, it adds to the immersion of a game and I ain`t a big fan of the floppy stick feeling of not having it (that`ll get jumped on I know lol).

ICDP
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I took the following guote from one of the Russian forums, Luthier was asked a few times if force feedback was supported in CoD. The orginal question is in bold italics.

Re: Future Project Battle of Britain

Where the feedback control devices. No need to ignore the issue. (After a while one of the posters got a bit irate at Luthier repeatedly ignoring the FF questions)

Here is Luthier's response

"While I can not say for sure - sorry, we like it had never promised it all the time we have been postponed for later. And now more important issues do not allow her to give."

So it looks like no force feedback effects are in the game/sim, nor do they plan to add it in the forseable future. This has been confirmed by people who own the game and now (finally) by Luthier.

If you have a force feedback joystick and absolutely cannot live without the effect then CoD will dissapoint int his regard. If you can get past this omission it then it might, just possibly but no promises, make in to the game in the future.

JG27_PapaFly
03-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I took the following guote from one of the Russian forums, Luthier was asked a few times if force feedback was supported in CoD. The orginal question is in bold italics.

Re: Future Project Battle of Britain

Where the feedback control devices. No need to ignore the issue. (After a while one of the posters got a bit irate at Luthier repeatedly ignoring the FF questions)

Here is Luthier's response

"While I can not say for sure - sorry, we like it had never promised it all the time we have been postponed for later. And now more important issues do not allow her to give."

So it looks like no force feedback effects are in the game/sim, nor do they plan to add it in the forseable future. This has been confirmed by people who own the game and now (finally) by Luthier.

If you have a force feedback joystick and absolutely cannot live without the effect then CoD will dissapoint int his regard. If you can get past this omission it then it might, just possibly but no promises, make in to the game in the future.

DAMN!!!!!!! I have a force feedback joystick and absolutely cannot live without the effect! Force feedback is vital in my real-life AND virtual flying. Anyone telling you it's not important is totally bullshitting you. It goes beyond buffeting effects and increasing stick forces. If you've experienced the way a flettner trim tab works in reality and in sims like condor, you certainly don't wanna miss it in what's supposed to be the next best thing in the virtual skies. One more reason for me not to buy CoD.

Lensman_1
03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I've literally just reinstated my UbiShop order for a CE of COD after being delighted by the news about the removal of the epilepsy filter and then I read this thread.
FF shouldn't even be slightly optional as a development task, it should be essential. I even bought a backup MS Sidewinder 2 just in case my 10 year old stick failed whilst running this sim. COD improves some aspects of IL-2 but after 8 years of dev they've also managed to throw away much that made IL-2 great. This needs adding in a patch if COD is to be credible.

TitusFlavius
03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
DAMN!!!!!!! I have a force feedback joystick and absolutely cannot live without the effect! Force feedback is vital in my real-life AND virtual flying. Anyone telling you it's not important is totally bullshitting you. It goes beyond buffeting effects and increasing stick forces. If you've experienced the way a flettner trim tab works in reality and in sims like condor, you certainly don't wanna miss it in what's supposed to be the next best thing in the virtual skies. One more reason for me not to buy CoD.

The same for me! That is not acceptable!!!

SYN_Flashman
03-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Grr... I really dont want to be negative about a game i haven't even tried yet but no FFB?

Once you hav had FFB there isn't any going back! It adds so much to the immersion and feel of flight (even though its not strictly accurate) and helps you fly closer to the edge of performance. It works in IL2... why not here?

Seriously? A modern flight sim which focuses on realism that doesn't have FFB?

kingpinda
03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Bah thats a bummer... I was hoping for at least the same FFB as in il2. It was very basical compared to MSFSX and ROF but it was there. I already had come to terms with it not being as sophisticated as above titles but hoping more advanced FFB would be patched in later.

Hopefully the community will step in then... They got us 6dof with trackir or similair. Maybe they can do something about FFB. My concern being though is will we be able to play MP with these customizations....

The game looks absolutely amazing and it will take me a couple of years I think to be able to play everything on max. I'm used to that though with these kinda of games. So hopefully in the future they will give us FFB. I plan to play this game for a long long time. Shame though that its not implemented in the initial release. *fingers crossed*

Pyrres
03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Well I really really hope that Luthier and the team will find some time to implement even the most crude FFB effects (even some buffeting at the stall and stiffening of the forces the faster you fly etc.). I think I´ll be falling away from the sky a lot without FFB. I have MS FFB2 and I can not even think of trying knife-edge stallfights or maneuvers without FFB being there to help me out :(

Azimech
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
We have 6DOF but no FFB? I can live without my track-IR, I won't fly without my FFB!

Qpassa
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
We need FFB, It is a must have in a modern simulator like this :I
I think that all of us expects an official reply.
Thanks

Al Schlageter
03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
LOL, no FFB. A game that goes to the Nth degree in eye candy, damage modeling, flight modeling, etc, etc, etc, yet doesn't have FFB. Unbelievable!!!!

Eklund89
03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
As it was in the old IL2, I have taken it for granted that there would be FFB in COD.
I am a bit suprised. I hope they make it a priority to implement it as soon as possible. Il be happy anyways because it will be amazing with a new game.

thx oleg and ilya

kingpinda
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
LOL, no FFB. A game that goes to the Nth degree in eye candy, damage modeling, flight modeling, etc, etc, etc, yet doesn't have FFB. Unbelievable!!!!

Lol I can't make out if you are being sarcastic or not :p For me its definately unbelievable :)

If you ever flew MSFSX or ROF with FFB you know you your are doing something special. I couldnt get the grin off of my face (still can't) when i'm flying in those sims.

CharveL
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM

I have to agree. I'm one of the most positive and optimistic around here and can't fathom what they've been doing the past 8 years that FFB can't be implemented? This is an advanced flight simulator.

I'm all for them prioritizing performance and some other bugs first but I'm astonished that FFB is either going to be left out or dropped far down the list.

We're really going to have to keep on them, in a positive way, so they know how important it is.

Feaver
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Would not harm the community to see future list for upcoming big fixes, and enhancements ( including Force Feedback) still a bit premature for the list, but would prob make those who are thinking of jumping off the ship due to some buggy issues to stay on board longer.

MikkOwl
03-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm not much surprised. Barely any joysticks sold today that supports force feedback. Two? Anyway, another good reason to sell my G940. Logitech's near-nonexistant support for the product was infuriating, and then this. It just isn't worth the hassle. The notchy feel of the force feedback stick is kind of a put-down also.

Question is what to use instead? I have a cheap twist logitech stick that is very comfortable and practical and a saitek quadrant (three levers) that I used with some old G25 pedals before I bought the G940. That setup was comfortable and practical. The CH Products call to me (I first bought a F-16 Combat Stick & Throttle in 1996, but those are now defunct). They aren't available here in Sweden, plus the stick has a very long uncomfortable throw which is bad for wrists. Hmm.

T}{OR
03-29-2011, 03:34 PM
+1 for the FF support.

Hopefully we will get it in one of the future patches.

chappy
03-31-2011, 02:02 AM
the lack of FFB is one thing, what is really pathetic is that they havent bothered to test hardware such as the G940 and realise the effect this has on the stick. this 'sim' is effectively unplayable without FFB enabled or some other measure taken to allow the centereing force to be adjustable. There is no other title that i have ever owned (including titles that pre-date my joystick ) that has caused my G940 to seize up and not work like this one does.

truely unbelievable.
This will likely affect hundreds of customers i would expect a rapid and effective fix to this issue. Devs need to respond.

Reprobator
03-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Can't they "borrow" a part of the wings of prey /birds of prey ffb code?
Because in the end, it's from the same editor :-x

Eklund89
03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
The problem goes further than simply not supporting FFB, because 1c have clearly used directinput for the control interface but do not initialise FFB hardware, many ffb stick's will be almost unusable, or could be damaged as a result.

The G940 for instance, defaults to the pressure used to calibrate the sticks centre position when switched on, which is altogether too stiff to make any kind of subtle adjustments, and extremely tiring even over modest periods of flight. There is another more serious problem that could arise with the G 940 and other FFB sticks, as I seriously doubt the motor was intended to be placed under the stress of gameplay when applying this level of pressure to the stick, as a result a user could potentially shorten the motors lifespan with even moderate use. What's more, in the absence of correct initialisation there is no facility to adjust that tension through the sticks drivers.

That leaves users with one of three options:

One: do not play (I cancelled as soon as I realised it had no ffb).

Two: soldier on regardless until 1C get round to fixing it and hope your stick will not break

Three: wait until a member of the community offers a hacked directinput.dll that will initialise the sticks and set default values when the game starts up.

There is a fourth option, that of paying for a new non ffb stick, but having paid £250 for a G 940 for functions that have been standard in flight sims for over 10 years, 1C can get stuffed. I will spend the money I saved cancelling COD's pre order, on purchasing missing ROF aircraft and I eagerly await the release of their new campaign mode which will not take 6 years to release, and may eventually get round to COD when second hand copies hit the bargain bins.

Or you could just pull out the powerplug from the G940 and skip the FFB. Then it will work like a normal stick exept centering wich i dont prefer anyways.

Wolf_Rider
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Why does the FF=1 option appear in the config, if forcefeedback isn't included and why does it set to 1 by default?

Storm of When
03-31-2011, 10:02 AM
A lot of us go hunting for good, used MS FF2 sticks, i`ve got 3 , a CH stick and a whole bunch of others that I don`t really like. At the minute there`s a large centering force on the stick that is difficult to overcome (thx for the tip), i`ll have to remove the power connection till this is resolved, which i`m sure it will be. Is there anything from the devs regarding this?

kingpinda
03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
sigh... I'll unplug my device also then... Been fiddling with the profiler. creating a new profile, linking it to the launcher in cliffs of dover map and setting to exclusive... all no go. there used to be an option in the profiler for non ffb games but i can't find it anymore. has it been removed??? centering force tick box does nothing.

catar
03-31-2011, 03:48 PM
I just spent 3 hours + to figure out how to get G940 to work and it's useless.No profile,no amout of changes makes any difference.The huge centering force is still there even after turning it off in profiler settings.Only option is to unplug it but then the joystick becomes all slopy.Hope they fix this at least get rid of that centering force if nothing else:evil:

Artist
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Only option is to unplug it but then the joystick becomes all slopy.Hope they fix this at least get rid of that centering force if nothing else:evil:

There seems to be another Option (http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3253476.html#Post3253476)...

kingpinda
03-31-2011, 06:06 PM
There seems to be another Option (http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3253476.html#Post3253476)...

Tried that. didnt work in my case.

Qpassa
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
bump

chappy
03-31-2011, 09:37 PM
theres a better solution, posted in the other G940 thread as well.

1- change settings in profile to enable centering spring in FFB mode to your desired %
2 - load up a sim that actually supports G940, unlike this one, eg a10c or Ka50 or even old IL2 titles
3- start flight in a quick mission or instant fly
4- quit that game and then load up COD. the settings applied to the J/S should remain on the stick after the other program is closed. In effect you're borrowing the other games J/S settings.

kind of embarrasing for IL2 that users have to rely on another game to make this one work huh

mazex
04-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Or you could just pull out the powerplug from the G940 and skip the FFB. Then it will work like a normal stick exept centering wich i dont prefer anyways.

Even though I think that leaving out FF support in THE definitive flight simulator is impossible I would be happy enough with a statement from Ilya saying that: "Sorry, we had too much other stuff done so the last months so we had to postpone it. But yes it will naturally be implemented in the future. ".

If you are short of time Ilya a simple +1 on this post will do it... ;)

PS. I hurts to join the whining "we demand" bunch, but as a IRL pilot since 1986 I can't live without force feedback, and I have talked to many other pilots saying the same...

And I do have the game and it IS playable with a G940, I dont know what makes it work for me? It has self centering, but it's not that hard... A far fetched thought... I have the 5.10 software and the 5.09 is still the one listed under the support page for the G940, you find the 5.10 software on the G27 page for example...

Eizon
04-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I thought it was a bug that my FFB didn't work.

The game doesn't have FFB? It's not a deal-breaker, but it's close for me. I'd rather have FFB than the stupid trees and all that crap.

In fact I'd rather just play original IL2 but I hate the way the multiplayer works (no lobby, etc).

tagTaken2
04-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Seriously, how hard is it?

Did you forget how to do FFB support after Il-2 1946 coming out?

DON'T CRAP ON ABOUT PRIORITIES. FFB IS A GIVEN, SO FIX IT.

Excuse me for shouting, but I've waited a long time for this game, and to drop support for an essential feature now is like a punch in the face.

Pike
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Dear All,
I will try Chappies solution tonight with my old MFFB2. If it works then I will buy a G940 as I will also use it to fly IL-2 RoF and Lockon. I suppose we should give Olegs group time to recouperate. I think they must have known that there would be a lot of issues to attend to to say nothing of that damn epilepse filter. I really do hope that at some point they will include FF because if not I will be discouraged from playing CLoD when I can play any of those other flight sims without any hassle.
However.....I can imagine what it must have been like for Oleg's group in the last frantic weeks before release of CLoD, so I do understand that we need to step back and look at it after we have all calmed down. Then things could be incorprated in good time..........we just have to be patient.
regards,
Pike.

Sully_pa
04-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Dear All,
I will try Chappies solution tonight with my old MFFB2. If it works then I will buy a G940 as I will also use it to fly IL-2 RoF and Lockon. I suppose we should give Olegs group time to recouperate. I think they must have known that there would be a lot of issues to attend to to say nothing of that damn epilepse filter. I really do hope that at some point they will include FF because if not I will be discouraged from playing CLoD when I can play any of those other flight sims without any hassle.
However.....I can imagine what it must have been like for Oleg's group in the last frantic weeks before release of CLoD, so I do understand that we need to step back and look at it after we have all calmed down. Then things could be incorprated in good time..........we just have to be patient.
regards,
Pike.

Pike, Chappies solution may work for the G940 to keep the spring center tension lighter but it won't give it FFB and the MSFFB 2 works in game just fine no adjustments needed from the get go just no FFB.

Sully_pa
04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
A lot of us go hunting for good, used MS FF2 sticks, i`ve got 3 , a CH stick and a whole bunch of others that I don`t really like. At the minute there`s a large centering force on the stick that is difficult to overcome (thx for the tip), i`ll have to remove the power connection till this is resolved, which i`m sure it will be. Is there anything from the devs regarding this?

I feel no large centering force on my MS FFB2. It's the same as running IL2 without FFB.... I've got 5 :-P

ICDP
04-01-2011, 06:04 PM
It seems we are being ignored, still no official word if IL2 CoD will ever have Force Feedback support.

frenchfly
04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
+1 on FFB support.

pbernardoss
04-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm realy very disapointed with the missing force feedback option. Really, does anyone had ever seen a "simulator" without force feedback???

In my opinion, if don't have it, it's completly useless, and it miss one of the main imersive features of a simulator.

SFF_Vellu
04-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Hello!

I am also veru disapointed that CoD hasn't FFB and my opinion is that before this game include FFB it is useless!!!
I have been fly with FFB more than ten years and I can't imagine to fly with out FFB. It is unbelievable that Oleg's team has done this game six years and right now it is so unfinished.....

dgeorge04
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
waited so long for this flight "simulator".
SIMULATION = REALISM
FORCE FEEDBACK = REALISM
WHY ON EARTH isnt there FF????????Is it difficult for the programmers?
I bought a FF joystick just for IL2 1946,and i would bet it would be standard in COD and in every flight sim .FOR GODS SAKE its 2011!!!!
iam sorry,but i thought Oleg would be smarter than this/I AM DISAPPOINTED!!
:(

meplay
04-01-2011, 09:18 PM
+Another for FFB, i hate flying without it, keep stalling :evil:

valcas370
04-02-2011, 01:38 AM
No FFB in a new sim in 2011? That's incredible. :shock::sad::confused:

xnomad
04-02-2011, 04:20 AM
+1 here too, I'm struggling without it.

spahis
04-02-2011, 06:31 AM
+1
Can't fly without FF, just doesn't feel right. I knew the graphics and performance were a mess and they'd fix it eventually, but no FF and no promise they'd bring it in..?? What's going on here?:confused:

JG301_HaJa
04-02-2011, 06:50 AM
I would also like to see FF implemented but I can wait a while to let 1C iron out
the most important problems right now.

eshati
04-02-2011, 04:26 PM
They need to implement ffb soon cause game is not playable for players who used force sticks (me one of them).

Swoop
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Any news on adding it in the future? It adds so much to the feel of the sim...pulling vertical to take a quick snap shot of the belly of the 109, hanging onto prop, you feel the pre-stall buffer and the stick lighten, kicking in some rudder you hammerhead over, feeling the stick load up as the dive increases. You've got to love Force feedback :)

Please put it back in when you fixed the higher priorities Dev team.

Cheers

Reaper leader
04-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi guys, can any1 help me please. I don't even have the centering force on my MSS FFB 2, just an all sloppy stick :-(
No FFB in 2011, where do you come from develepor ?

Cheers

BigPickle
04-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Oleg said FF would be in the game and MSFF2 would be amoung the support so Luither has made a false statement. I never thought that 1C Maddox would go down this road. Very dissapointed.

kimosabi
04-03-2011, 09:36 AM
FFB will come. Even IL-2 1946 got FFB support after a while so I'll be very surprised if they don't implement it in CoD as well.

BigPickle
04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
true yeah that does give me some hope :)

Sully_pa
04-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi guys, can any1 help me please. I don't even have the centering force on my MSS FFB 2, just an all sloppy stick :-(

Cheers

Not sure what the issue is, mine works fine. Does it work outside of CoD? When you start up your computer and have the IR holes covered does it center?

Jotaele
04-03-2011, 03:18 PM
perhaps that could help some of you. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20375

I was expectiong from Clod one of the best ffb support ever!! Its so sad.I was hoping something like the fsx addon Fsforce 2, were there are lots of forces and its really configurable, in example , if you are stopped on the airfileld, your stick tends to go aft due to the elevator weight.I hope they implement that kind of stuff in future patches.

SG1_Lud
04-03-2011, 06:13 PM
perhaps that could help some of you. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20375

I was expectiong from Clod one of the best ffb support ever!! Its so sad.I was hoping something like the fsx addon Fsforce 2, were there are lots of forces and its really configurable, in example , if you are stopped on the airfileld, your stick tends to go aft due to the elevator weight.I hope they implement that kind of stuff in future patches.

+1000000

Pd: thanks for the link / gracias JL

Reaper leader
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Not sure what the issue is, mine works fine. Does it work outside of CoD? When you start up your computer and have the IR holes covered does it center?

yer mate it works in ROF allright, but ty nevertheless !

Regards

eshati
04-03-2011, 09:40 PM

Cheers

Same thing happend to me. Unplagged usb and plagged again, fixed it for me! Hope it helps you too.

Sully_pa
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Same thing happend to me. Unplagged usb and plagged again, fixed it for me! Hope it helps you too.

Come to think of it I've has to do that before as well.

Bullit
04-03-2011, 10:46 PM
My G940 is unusable in COD!
Power on it is like weight training combined with sim flying, power off and it is sloppy as hell.
It beggars belief that a flight sim in 2011 comes without FFB Option!

Sully_pa
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
My G940 is unusable in COD!
Power on it is like weight training combined with sim flying, power off and it is sloppy as hell.
It beggars belief that a flight sim in 2011 comes without FFB Option!

Did you try this?

Hi, im a g940 user and i found very frustating to use it in Clod due the lack of FFB effects mostly because the default spring that comes with the logitech software dosent feel fine to me.
If you feel in the same way than me, i encourage you to use my little trick.
I open ffedit, a old software intended to desing effects for force feedback components, so i can create here the spring effect that i like.Its a shame than logitech didnt give us similar utilities inside the gaming software because i found the default spring very bad sense.

i have uploaded here the program with a spring + friction effect.You will notice than your g950 its now tight in the center, and has some friction in his movements.
Open the program and load the effect, use 100% in all the efects in the logitech profile with default spring unselected, and do not close the program before launch CloD!!
Hope this is helpful. And be free to experiment with diferents values. I some time activate (with a 40%) the default logitech spring to mix.

Upss.. i nearly forgot the link! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YN6BDFYO

PD: this didnt give you FFB suport for Clod, no guns or stall buffer effects, its only a diferent feel for your stick than the default one.

Bullit
04-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks Sully I will try this but Iam not normally very good with this sort of thing and normally get something wrong or mess it up, either that or a new joystick as a last expensive resort.

Jotaele
04-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks Sully I will try this but Iam not normally very good with this sort of thing and normally get something wrong or mess it up, either that or a new joystick as a last expensive resort.

You dont have to worry, its only a program that has his how forces so your stick its no sloppy or dead.You anly have to open the file contained in the file and press play, i use it to play Clod.

mazex
04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Any news on this topic?

Bullit
04-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Thank you Jotaele.

Buster_Dee
04-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Ouch. I beat the bushes for several months to find a FFB2 after demise of gameport cards ended my affair with FFB1.

I really, really, really, really, really hope this isn't a dead issue.

nearmiss
04-05-2011, 02:34 AM
I wouldn't worry about FFB. There are too many new high dollar HOTAS coming out for sale. It is too big to ignore is what I'm saying.

It may take a while, but I suspect it will be available before the middle of next month.

This little bugger can give you immersion from the bottom up.

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/

ARGH
04-05-2011, 04:54 AM
why couldn't they just copy the code from original IL2 for ffb then?

i dont understand. ffb is a fundemental element of this series. it made me and 2 friends of mine spend hundreds on ffb sticks over the years.

DummyBoy
04-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Salute all!

I posted it in Kankkis's topic a few days ago, there is an other solution for the centering sping and friction force problem:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=248647&postcount=13

I hope it will be helpful!

Br,

Dummy

BigPickle
04-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't worry about FFB. There are too many new high dollar HOTAS coming out for sale. It is too big to ignore is what I'm saying.

It may take a while, but I suspect it will be available before the middle of next month.

Got one already, gaming far less immersive without it. although the sounds in CoD cause it to thump randomly every now and again :confused:

mazex
04-05-2011, 05:50 PM
why couldn't they just copy the code from original IL2 for ffb then?

i dont understand. ffb is a fundemental element of this series. it made me and 2 friends of mine spend hundreds on ffb sticks over the years.

Because it was done using a VERY deprecated method in Directx 8 with those .ffe files ;)

But naturally they have to do it. I just don't get why Ilya can't just say that himself to stop all speculation... There is no need to rush it - do it when they have fixed a lot of other stuff.

reflected
04-06-2011, 09:41 AM
When I first tried FFB in Rise of Flight I was absolutely fascinated how much it adds to the experience.

First my stikck was limp, then I started the engine and I could feel the airflow over the elevator, but the ailerons remained limp. As I gathered speed my ailerons stiffened up too, as well as the elevators, I could feel every bump on the field through the stick until my wheels left the ground.

In combat it's also very useful: the buffeting before a stall, you can even feel your speed without looknig at the ASI. When you do a chandelle, you feel your controls going gradually totally limp as they lose effectiveness as the plane becomes motionless...

All in all it opened up a whole new world, and I really wish CloD had FFB support. I was very surprised and disappointed when I found that it didn't :(

JG53Frankyboy
04-06-2011, 09:45 AM
so much as the the cockpit in CoD is vibrating, am actually happy in the moment not to have FFB...

gprr
04-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about FFB.

Since you have made a "Sticky" in these forums, I'll take it as you know what you are talking about:-)
Best news I've heard for last two weeks besides hearing that all my family and me still are live and kicking:grin:

As one who went alot to acuire and repair two MS FFB's and didn't buy CoD yet just because the lack of FF support, my waiting will be sweet now and not bitter - hope your nickname does not imply for the accuracey of your prediction:-P:-P:-P

Many cheers today:cool:
GP

Jotaele
04-07-2011, 09:31 AM
When I first tried FFB in Rise of Flight I was absolutely fascinated how much it adds to the experience.

First my stikck was limp, then I started the engine and I could feel the airflow over the elevator, but the ailerons remained limp. As I gathered speed my ailerons stiffened up too, as well as the elevators, I could feel every bump on the field through the stick until my wheels left the ground.

In combat it's also very useful: the buffeting before a stall, you can even feel your speed without looknig at the ASI. When you do a chandelle, you feel your controls going gradually totally limp as they lose effectiveness as the plane becomes motionless...

All in all it opened up a whole new world, and I really wish CloD had FFB support. I was very surprised and disappointed when I found that it didn't :(

+1, i have the same feeling.

Seavee
04-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Echo the sentiments that FF is a MUST for a modern flight sim.

FF in Rise of Flight and also BoB2 are extremely well implemented.

How could CoD have been developed with supposedly such excruciating attention to the smallest modelling detail but NOT support FF?

Just incredible.....

TitusFlavius
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Echo the sentiments that FF is a MUST for a modern flight sim.

FF in Rise of Flight and also BoB2 are extremely well implemented.

How could CoD have been developed with supposedly such excruciating attention to the smallest modelling detail but NOT support FF?

Just incredible.....

+1

When finally comes a response about FFB support?

kingpinda
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I think when they have tackled the performance and hardware issues. There are still people who can't even start up the game.

Yes I was distressed in the beginning because I didnt even have spring centering. Now there are a couple of options to get that working. So for now its not the end of the world.

CharveL
04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I think when they have tackled the performance and hardware issues. There are still people who can't even start up the game.

Yes I was distressed in the beginning because I didnt even have spring centering. Now there are a couple of options to get that working. So for now its not the end of the world.

Yes, it's at least playable for us so I don't mind more attention going towards compatibility and performance.

Hopefully they will acknowledge the lack of FFB at least. The only thing that worries me is that Oleg - although apparently not really working on CoD anymore - had something against FFB and may have intentionally left it out for whatever reason, perhaps because he'd rather have nothing than less than perfect emulation, or too many differences between different FFB implementations. Who knows.

Maybe we'll hear something next update.

grunge
04-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I have an MS FFB2 aswel, and i love it in Sturmo '46. It's simply much more immersive. I dont knnow how could be this a point to leave out from the game. A brigth spot in the dar would be very good, please don't leave us FF enjoyers down! :)

mazex
04-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes, it's at least playable for us so I don't mind more attention going towards compatibility and performance.

Hopefully they will acknowledge the lack of FFB at least. The only thing that worries me is that Oleg - although apparently not really working on CoD anymore - had something against FFB and may have intentionally left it out for whatever reason, perhaps because he'd rather have nothing than less than perfect emulation, or too many differences between different FFB implementations. Who knows.

Maybe we'll hear something next update.

I really do get annoyed by all the whining in this forum but now I am here myself :)

A simple friggin answer that they will do about FF support in the future is really all it takes. I don't "demand" it tomorrow or even next moth, but if they don't implement it it really shows that they don't understand what hardware their prime customers use. There is a large bunch of people here that have "geared" up for CoD buying expensive joysticks like the G940 I have myself that is now crippled in "the ultimate flight simulator". Get a grip MG! Yes I am irritated now :)

I also read Olegs "whining" about the FF API:s some time ago but it doen't matter if he does not like the way FF is handled in DirectX (which is a bit weird). Everyone else manages to do it... I have done an extremely primitive flight sim myself and even that one had FF support for Petes sake!

And for fact CoD still uses the DirectX 8 API for input (look yourself with process explorer) so they can use their old IL2 code from 2001 ;)

Koala63
04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Kegetys mods have now made CoD playable for me. FFB is THE NUMBER ONE thing I want to see fixed next to make this sim live up to expectations.

No FFB = bad joke.

A simple friggin answer that they will do about FF support in the future is really all it takes

a big +1 on that

Qpassa
04-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Maybe somebody will do a mod... lol

TitusFlavius
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Kegetys mods have now made CoD playable for me. FFB is THE NUMBER ONE thing I want to see fixed next to make this sim live up to expectations.

No FFB = bad joke.

A simple friggin answer that they will do about FF support in the future is really all it takes

a big +1 on that

And another BIG +1 therefor!

I repeat my question: "When finally comes a response about FFB support?"

kingpinda
04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! the answer is...

When it comes.

grunge
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! the answer is...

When it comes.

Let's hope so...:confused:

gprr
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM

Pay notice to this post on this thread on page 8 - lets hope this moderator realy knows something and that it is not an invane time buying effort.

GP

mazex
04-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Pay notice to this post on this thread on page 8 - lets hope this moderator realy knows something and that it is not an invane time buying effort.

GP

Well, a line from Ilya about this would be nice too... The lack of FF is my only real complaint about this game right now as the stuttering etc will get fixed. As it is we don't have broken FF support, it's not even in the GUI. Sure there is that FF=1 in the conf.ini but that is the only real sign about them having ever made an attempt at implementing it?

bDAWg
04-14-2011, 12:40 AM
whoa...this IS really difficult to understand...I can forgive and put up with the sim's "teething' problems BUT this is too much!!...come on guys!!!.... a "cutting edge" 2011 flight sim with no FFB and the developers act as if that's no big deal??....well I guess it's up to us to convince them that IT IS!!!

reflected
04-14-2011, 06:24 AM
FFB is kind of the link between the player and the flight models, the only way to "feel" the planes. Come on, a flight sim without FFB with adjustable strenght and shaking is a nonsense in 2011...
:confused:

TitusFlavius
04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
FFB is kind of the link between the player and the flight models, the only way to "feel" the planes. Come on, a flight sim without FFB with adjustable strenght and shaking is a nonsense in 2011...
:confused:

+1

We NEED FFB!

mugen
04-14-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm one of the poor G940 owners who has expected a bit more. I do not blame the devs for it by now because of other things to do atm but in the end its hard to live without it.

Just an idea, why not doin a joint venture 1C and Logitech.
I'm pretty shure that there's big chance for both of them and workload on it could be shared.

;) mugen

mazex
04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
OK, is there any official news on this matter yet?

Phazon
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM
OK, is there any official news on this matter yet?

Yup, will be added in the next patch.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21944

Extreme_One
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes it's working really nicely with the new (beta) patch! :D

mazex
04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes it's working really nicely with the new (beta) patch! :D

Really wonderful news!

And here I am on my laptop visiting relatives over the weekend! Darn! ;)

reflected
04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Not bad, not bad, but:

1: after hitting exit and going back again the FFB goes away.
2: IT would be nice to have adjustable force and shake
3: stick vibrates when the guns are empty and I press fire
4: the ground bumps are not very nicely done. Some sudden kick, and that's all. There should be less kicks and more trembling on the ground

Anyway, thanks for implementing it!!

acare84
04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
I am not playing the game with gamepads but I just tried Xbox 360 wireless gamepad and FF is not working. Also I tried Logitech Rumblepad 2 and FF is working with it. I think there is a problem with gamepads/joysticks that are using XInput for FF. Sturmovik 1946 doesn't have problem with Xbox 360 gamepad and FF is working in it BTW.

Flashman
04-22-2011, 10:00 PM
First up: Thank you Devs for implementaing FFB, its a very welcome addition!

A few observations:

Forces are pretty heavy at the moment and there appears to be no way of making adjustments. I have MSFFB2 and have tried the sidewinder program for adjust forces but it makes no difference.

As reflected says, once you go to a menu or something the forces dissappear and sometimes will not appear until you restart the game.

however im sure these issues will be addressed in future patches.

Thank you team, your efforts are appreciated.

frenchfly
04-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Go to this link http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=67

download the file, it's a program called fedit. You can use it to modify each force feedback file to your liking. Make sure you back up the originals

files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\FF.

cheers
F

Buzpilot
04-23-2011, 04:08 AM

download the file, it's a program called fedit. You can use it to modify each force feedback file to your liking. Make sure you back up the originals

files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\FF.

cheers
F

Don't we risk getting banned for modifying files inside steam CoD folder?

frenchfly
04-23-2011, 05:03 AM
I highly doubt we would get banned for modifying these files. All your doing is modifying the strength of the effects, it's not like were hacking any relevant code. If it were sfs files like Kegetys mod that would be a different story.

F

reflected
04-23-2011, 07:50 AM

cheers
F

Great stuff!
I wish we could also modify the file that decides when to use which ff file.

Feathered_IV
04-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Don't we risk getting banned for modifying files inside steam CoD folder?

No probs with that. I've used it for years in Il-2 and it has no effect on checksums or whatnot.;)