PDA

View Full Version : Item cheat not working

Erkilmarl
03-28-2011, 08:26 AM
I may want to use the item cheat to experience a certain set, for example, but it just won't work. Is there something special in the way the words must be written to make it function?

Jonathon White
03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
When you press shift and ~ key (which for european keyboards is the top left key below the escape key and above the tab key)
a box will open up, but what I found was that a character was already in the box if you press the back space or just delete whats in the box you will then be able to enter the cheats you want.
I hope this helps and you enjoy the game as much as I do.

Erkilmarl
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately I know that, I have tried other cheats and they work (but I don't want to use them). Oddly, I could get a Snake Ring every time I tried, but not the other items I was trying for (writing as snake_ring).

OGKingsBounty92
05-09-2011, 01:04 AM
You have to figure out first how the game names the item you want that's all. I had a hard time figuring out the "Self-Loading Crossbow" and then found out the game calls it "Dwarven_Arbaleth" or something like that. I finally got it..you just have to figure out how the items are named. I found out by loading the editor and looking at ALL the items there.

Sir Whiskers
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
You have to figure out first how the game names the item you want that's all. I had a hard time figuring out the "Self-Loading Crossbow" and then found out the game calls it "Dwarven_Arbaleth" or something like that. I finally got it..you just have to figure out how the items are named. I found out by loading the editor and looking at ALL the items there.

Another option is to extract the items.txt file from the ses.kfs file. It will list all the items, though figuring out which is which can be a challenge.