PDA

View Full Version : COD only using 1 core and 32bit???

furbs
03-26-2011, 08:36 PM
From SIM HQ....look for the post from Sims

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3244760/7.html

Can anyone else please comfirm this?

If this is true how can they say COD uses a state of the art new engine?...im a bit lost for words to be honest.

diveplane
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM
From SIM HQ....look for the post from Sims

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3244760/7.html

Can anyone else please comfirm this?

If this is true how can they say COD uses a state of the art new engine?...im a bit lost for words to be honest.

well that explains the stuttering FPS issues then , running all this on one cpu core =no good.

and no 64bit support you can forget this sim then if thats the case.

waiting for clarification on game engine details , if indeed this is true or false?

desmodronic
03-26-2011, 08:43 PM
IL2:COD is multithreaded. It will use more than 1 core, it is at its most efficient with 4.
32 bit currently, I believe a 64bit exe is in the works.

diveplane
03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
IL2:COD is multithreaded. It will use more than 1 core, it is at its most efficient with 4.

64 bit is a must for those textures.

furbs
03-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Did you look at posts by Sim?

it clearly shows COD running on 1 core and 32bit.

desmodronic
03-26-2011, 08:47 PM
64 bit is a must for those textures.

Why? At what resolution and depth will you need more than 4GB?

Also a link to an answer on ubi ref the engine itself
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8071032709/m/6751022719

diveplane
03-26-2011, 08:51 PM

i will wait for the 64 bit version of the sim to take full advantage of ram access. thats if there is one in the making?

Buzpilot
03-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Why? At what resolution and depth will you need more than 4GB?

Also a link to an answer on ubi ref the engine itself
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8071032709/m/6751022719

A windows 32 system can only use max 2Gb in each application it's running, unless you hack it.

edit; And thats included the Video RAM.

Tree_UK
03-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Look guys, its a game for 2013 its not supposed to work until then. :grin::grin:

Tree_UK
03-26-2011, 08:55 PM
In the famous words of johnny Rotton, 'ever feel like you've been cheated'! :grin:

diveplane
03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
In the famous words of johnny Rotton, 'ever feel like you've been cheated'! :grin:

just gets worse dont it...:rolleyes:

Tree_UK
03-26-2011, 08:59 PM
just gets worse dont it...:rolleyes:

Does anybody still believe that they built an entire new game engine and forgot about multi core, 64bit and SLI/Crossfire??

desmodronic
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
A windows 32 system can only use max 2Gb in each application it's running, unless you hack it.

edit; And thats included the Video RAM.

True, but why will you need that for textures? What resolution do you propose to run on your system to need 2GB or more in textures?

Nanuk
03-26-2011, 09:03 PM

Any relation to Johnny Rotten?

Geier
03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
If thats the case, what about the official system requirements?

Yea, it's getting better and better.

adonys
03-26-2011, 09:28 PM
This engine is not made from the scratch, it feels way too IL2'ish for that (for example, have a look at the way it commands the display of fps through console command.. exactly the same as in IL2). I'm pretty sure it's just an updated version of IL2's engine.

Maybe, if we're really lucky, we'll see a new engine with the first addon and DX11 support..

Sven
03-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Where's the source of only 32bit accessibility?

JG52Krupi
03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Does anybody still believe that they built an entire new game engine and forgot about multi core, 64bit and SLI/Crossfire??

Dear God Tree are you being sarcastic or were you actually defending CLOD for once...

I think I'am having a heart attack....:shock: :confused: :? :neutral: :lol:

Sim
03-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Later-on I did more test and it used 75% on one care and 25% on another. But I still have two more left unused....

Tree_UK
03-26-2011, 10:05 PM
This is from 'Sim' over at Simhq.

Clearly shows that CLOD only runs on one core and only uses 2.6 GB of ram, oh and a 32bit launcher.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9666/clod.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/clod.jpg/)

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6057/full10298770clipboard04.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/full10298770clipboard04.jpg/)

JumpingHubert
03-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi Sim!

taskmanager isnt good choice to get cpu usage ingame.
Please try "perfmon":
1. go to start
2. type "perfmon" in "run"
It will log cpu usage during gameplay.

MadBlaster
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM
There should be a setting in the config settings to open up more than one core. Well, there better be or this sinks the boat.

Remember this?

[rts]
ProcessAffinityMask=

Set it to 500. Things should get better.

Feuerfalke
03-26-2011, 10:39 PM
It was already confirmed that CoD is multithreading. So multiple cores are supported.

Same happened to BlackSharks-Release-Version, though. The final didn't have the software switch to utilize more than 1 core. You could still enable them manually and after a few days a patch was released.

And again, world's still turning.

SEE
03-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Just copied this from the CoD Cnfg file posted at SimHQ....should there be a colon in front of the ProcessAffinityMask?

[rts]
tickLen=30
;ProcessAffinityMask=2
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

Tree_UK
03-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Just copied this from the CoD Cnfg file posted at SimHQ....should there be a colon in front of the ProcessAffinityMask?

[rts]
tickLen=30
;ProcessAffinityMask=2
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

looks very much like the Il2 config, looks like the multicore hasn't made the initial release.

Sven
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
http://s42.radikal.ru/i095/1103/c6/948767871b30.png

Tree_UK
03-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Sven, can that be enlarged so we can see the figures?

SEE
03-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I wonder if that explains many of the Russian comments regarding CPU type not making much difference compared to physical RAM and GFX card specs?

Sven
03-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Sorry Tree not mine, it's from russian sukhoi.su site, but it clearly indicates that of the 6 cores only 1 is running properly, there is something wrong with multi core support, that also explains why people with dual core are getting about same results FPS wise over there.

Wolf_Rider
03-26-2011, 11:29 PM
this is a sad state of affairs to be discovering early on a Sunday morning...

as an aside, do some research on/ turning off Core Parking (W7 64bit users)

MadBlaster
03-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Thoughts:

1) A semicolon in front disables the setting.

2) The number in front of the process affinity "should" correspond to the number of cores you want it to run on. But, it might be out of sync?? I.e., remember it can also be set to 0. So you have to experiment by restarting the game and checking the task manager each time you change the setting. Start with 0 then 1 then 2...etc up to 3 or 4.

3) I am hoping there is a setting for 64 bit in the config.ini??? I think they got a copy of it at SimQ. Will take a look in a bit.

4) Does anyone know if Open G/L is used??? I don't recall anyone mentioning this, but old IL-2 runs way better than directX...so if they really didn't change as much as they said and happen to keep Open g/l...well that might be a godsend.

5)Sound usually is fps killer. Maybe putting them at minimum settings will help and turning chatter off too.

SEE
03-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Feuerfalke has just posted a link that clearly states Multicore support was not a high priority during development but that CoD uses 'multi threading'. I don't understand the mechanics of this but I do find the minimum and preferred specs that were released a bit confusing given that performance on Dual core v multicore with identical Ram and GFX seems fairly similar. Best to read the interview linked in another thread byTREE UK.

Yes the Cnfg is posted at simhq no mention of OPenGL.

keep an eye on their thread, they are evaluating CPU control 2.1 as a posssible means to share the load across mutliple cores based on info/results from the Russian forums.

flyingbullseye
03-27-2011, 12:18 AM

OpenGL was mentioned specifically in an interview with Oleg something like a year ago. He said COD is a DX only sim.

Flyingbullseye

Heliocon
03-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Feuerfalke has just posted a link that clearly states Multicore support was not a high priority during development but that CoD uses 'multi threading'. I don't understand the mechanics of this but I do find the minimum and preferred specs that were released a bit confusing given that performance on Dual core v multicore with identical Ram and GFX seems fairly similar. Best to read the interview linked in another thread byTREE UK.

keep an eye on their thread, they are evaluating CPU control 2.1 as a posssible means to share the load across mutliple cores based on info/results from the Russian forums.

I read the article - multicore and mutlithreading are the exactly the same thing. Simplified - each cpu core has a thread, single core cpus have 1 thread, duals have 2, quads (like i5) have 4. Now i7 have 8 threads but only 4 cores. Each core is dual threaded. So a core can have more than 1 thread, (intel calls it hyperthreading). For a program though there is no distinction as they are all seen as "virtual cores".

@flying - they used to be d9+openGL, they left open gl to do dx10 (which seems to be absent).

Skoshi Tiger
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
this is a sad state of affairs to be discovering early on a Sunday morning...

as an aside, do some research on/ turning off Core Parking (W7 64bit users)

Very interesting. I haven't touched the registry entries in my own system but they exist. I wonder if this colud have anything to do with it?

Can't wait till I can download and my copy of COD and do some testing.

Cheers!

jimbop
03-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Very interesting. I haven't touched the registry entries in my own system but they exist. I wonder if this colud have anything to do with it?

Can't wait till I can download and my copy of COD and do some testing.

Cheers!

+1, it will be very interesting. I'll be surprised if the vast majority can't make it playable with some tweaking, even with the filter.

recoilfx
03-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I read the article - multicore and mutlithreading are the exactly the same thing. Simplified - each cpu core has a thread, single core cpus have 1 thread, duals have 2, quads (like i5) have 4. Now i7 have 8 threads but only 4 cores. Each core is dual threaded. So a core can have more than 1 thread, (intel calls it hyperthreading). For a program though there is no distinction as they are all seen as "virtual cores".

@flying - they used to be d9+openGL, they left open gl to do dx10 (which seems to be absent).

Actually multi-thread and multi-core are different.

CPUs can have more or elss unlimited threads (till memory/resources run out) - a thread is a small unit of processing block that the OS can schedule.

All threads within the mutli-threaded program must share the same core - unless they are multi-process (utilizing multiple cores).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multithreading_%28computer_architecture%29

Oldschool61
03-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Dear God Tree are you being sarcastic or were you actually defending CLOD for once...

I think I'am having a heart attack....:shock: :confused: :? :neutral: :lol:

No your having a tree induced seizure, better put a tree filter on the forum!!

Heliocon
03-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Actually multi-thread and multi-core are different.

CPUs can have more or elss unlimited threads (till memory/resources run out) - a thread is a small unit of processing block that the OS can schedule.

All threads within the mutli-threaded program must share the same core - unless they are multi-process (utilizing multiple cores).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multithreading_%28computer_architecture%29

Sorry let me rephrase that - In this case mutlicore and multithreading is used to reach the same end result. (I indicated that this was a simplified explanation.). The wiki article is a bit outdated/strange as was noted at its start and its about the wrong type of "multithreading", completely different as it actually states it there in the first line. You are looking for this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiprocessing
Or later in the aricle this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simultaneous_multithreading

You are getting your definitions confused. CPU's can have multiple threads, but thats not what we are talking, because in the case of that wiki we are talking about active and innactive threads. So the cpu performs an action on a threads/process, then jumps and does another action on another thread. It is all done in a serial fashion.
When we refer to cores/threads in the context here we are talking about multiple *Simulatnous* threads. Ie its running 2 threads at once. Classically each CPU can run a single thread (which then jumps from process/thread to thread completing tasks, but it happens so quickly you dont notice that it is running everything on the computer by jumping around). Now if a cpu has multiple threads like a i7 hyperthreaded or a upcoming AMD bulldozer which uses hardwarethreading (its actually routed/processed in the core differently as the threads are manufactured, not simulated) it can run 2 tasks simultaneously. For example it can still have hundreds of proccesses but now you have 2 threads/streams doing the work that 1 did previously (the 2 work both at the same time, so before it might of run: game->steam->internet explorer->OS->game->OS. But with 2 threads it might be: 1:->game->game->game->game. 2:->OS->Internet explored->OS->Steam etc. So it allows a sharing of tasks of the ability to divide tasks up in order to "focus" on a process/thread.

manfromx
03-27-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm in school learning about things like multiprocessing and multithreading right now actually. Heliocon is closest to the truth.

Definition of a thread

4. Computer Science
a. A portion of a program that can run independently of and concurrently with other portions of the program.

Threads are parts of the main process that typically have a much smaller workload than the main process. In single processor systems, programs still benefit from being multi-threaded for various reasons. However as Heliocon said, they are still processed in a serial fashion. On a multi-core system you can actually run these threads simultaneously on the other cores.

Since the Clod team has stated it's multi-threaded to run on multiple cores I'll believe them (maybe there is a bug currently, I don't know why the cpu usage is only showing on 1). What functions can be run on the extra cores is the main point. If only simpler functions can be run on them you'll see only slight gains from multi-core.

I've just really started coding and I can already see that getting the timing of your code and its threads to all match up so you have a smooth experience must be a huge pain. If some functions are always waiting on others you'll just grind to a halt.

If you guys are willing to check out the thread article on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computer_science)
you might get a headache but you'll see this is not a simple thing.

damar
03-27-2011, 01:50 AM
I suppose it is as same as Il2.
You should modify config.ini to allow cod to use multi-core.
Correct me if anything wrong.I didn't have cod now,downloading.

example.
[rts]
ProcessAffinityMask=15 >>15=4 core, 3=2 core

recoilfx
03-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Sorry let me rephrase that - In this case mutlicore and multithreading is used to reach the same end result. (I indicated that this was a simplified explanation.). The wiki article is a bit outdated/strange as was noted at its start and its about the wrong type of "multithreading", completely different as it actually states it there in the first line. You are looking for this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiprocessing
Or later in the aricle this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simultaneous_multithreading

You are getting your definitions confused. CPU's can have multiple threads, but thats not what we are talking, because in the case of that wiki we are talking about active and innactive threads. So the cpu performs an action on a threads/process, then jumps and does another action on another thread. It is all done in a serial fashion.
When we refer to cores/threads in the context here we are talking about multiple *Simulatnous* threads. Ie its running 2 threads at once. Classically each CPU can run a single thread (which then jumps from process/thread to thread completing tasks, but it happens so quickly you dont notice that it is running everything on the computer by jumping around). Now if a cpu has multiple threads like a i7 hyperthreaded or a upcoming AMD bulldozer which uses hardwarethreading (its actually routed/processed in the core differently as the threads are manufactured, not simulated) it can run 2 tasks simultaneously. For example it can still have hundreds of proccesses but now you have 2 threads/streams doing the work that 1 did previously (the 2 work both at the same time, so before it might of run: game->steam->internet explorer->OS->game->OS. But with 2 threads it might be: 1:->game->game->game->game. 2:->OS->Internet explored->OS->Steam etc. So it allows a sharing of tasks of the ability to divide tasks up in order to "focus" on a process/thread.

Oops, I guess I did get my definition wrong. I was always under the impression that applications are bound to one processor unless they are multicore aware, even if they are multi threaded. I guess I was wrong!

Heliocon
03-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Oops, I guess I did get my definition wrong. I was always under the impression that applications are bound to one processor unless they are multicore aware, even if they are multi threaded. I guess I was wrong!

Dont worry about it. Programming is not my area (I am more into graphics because I dont have the patience to bughunt) and when I am typing I occasionally sit and stare at the monitor (thinking wtf am I typing?) because there are so many terms and the tech changes so fast that it can get overwhelming/confusing.

@Tanner - What I was thinking, ironic isnt it?

Oldschool61
03-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Funny that my supposedly inferior Wings of Prey install takes full advantage of both cores of my aged AMD Dual Core CPU. Nice coding, Maddox Games.

I played the wings of pray demo on all high settings and its nice and smooth never drops below 30fps usually. What engine is wings of prey on IL2??

*Buzzsaw*
03-27-2011, 03:38 AM

Actually you seem quite cheerful at what you perceive as a failure of the game.

In fact Tree, with your adoption of the name 'CLOD', you seem to be displaying a real malicious side, gleefully determined to do whatever you can to pull down this game and sabotage its sales.

This is the attitude you have presented from the start on these forums. Completely lacking in constructive criticism.

You seem more determined to 'prove' how right you were from the very start... how this game was one big plot to steal our money, destroy the free world, etc. etc.

Well here's the thing old buddy Tree:

There are many of us who are looking for the positive side of this release.

It is a NEW game, and YES, it has many aspects which recommend it to those in the community who simply want to enjoy flight simming.

Perhaps there are issues with the game, but I would ask: What is the use in destructive attacks?

Instead of applying all your energy to completely negative comments, while ignoring the many innovative aspects, (as for example, icing of the canopy in high alt clouds, complex engine controls, etc. etc.) maybe you should try phrasing your comments to point out issues, without including the destructive, hateful tone.

It come as a surprise to you, but you don't get any 'points' from being the nastiest person on a given forum.

Here's my final comment:

If you hate the game so much, why are you here? Are you going to buy the game? If you aren't, then I would suggest you just leave.

You are wasting your time and ours.

sigur_ros
03-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Multicore is much more important than 64bit which probably not need at all.

Space Communist
03-27-2011, 05:22 AM
I played the wings of pray demo on all high settings and its nice and smooth never drops below 30fps usually. What engine is wings of prey on IL2??

Hilariously yes Wings of Prey licensed the IL-2 Engine and graphically enhanced it, while at the same time slightly simplifying the flight model and gutting the damage model. The use of size compressed (tiny) maps also contributes to the kind of performance and visuals that they have.

Too bad the game itself is so weak...

JAMF
03-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Multicore is much more important than 64bit which probably not need at all.A 64Bit exe will be needed to be ready for the future. In the future, it would be nice to be able to load the entire game into 6-7GB of memory (or more) to reduce stutters/micro freezes, which happen on disk access.

Tree_UK
03-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Actually you seem quite cheerful at what you perceive as a failure of the game.

In fact Tree, with your adoption of the name 'CLOD', you seem to be displaying a real malicious side, gleefully determined to do whatever you can to pull down this game and sabotage its sales.

This is the attitude you have presented from the start on these forums. Completely lacking in constructive criticism.

You seem more determined to 'prove' how right you were from the very start... how this game was one big plot to steal our money, destroy the free world, etc. etc.

Well here's the thing old buddy Tree:

There are many of us who are looking for the positive side of this release.

It is a NEW game, and YES, it has many aspects which recommend it to those in the community who simply want to enjoy flight simming.

Perhaps there are issues with the game, but I would ask: What is the use in destructive attacks?

Instead of applying all your energy to completely negative comments, while ignoring the many innovative aspects, (as for example, icing of the canopy in high alt clouds, complex engine controls, etc. etc.) maybe you should try phrasing your comments to point out issues, without including the destructive, hateful tone.

It come as a surprise to you, but you don't get any 'points' from being the nastiest person on a given forum.

Here's my final comment:

If you hate the game so much, why are you here? Are you going to buy the game? If you aren't, then I would suggest you just leave.

You are wasting your time and ours.

Jeez, have you listned to yourself, stop stalking me - try and get me off your mind, I am not your problem - your problem is that the game wont run, I had naff all to do with that.

Azimech
03-27-2011, 10:53 PM
No your having a tree induced seizure, better put a tree filter on the forum!!

:lol:

Azimech
03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
A 64Bit exe will be needed to be ready for the future. In the future, it would be nice to be able to load the entire game into 6-7GB of memory (or more) to reduce stutters/micro freezes, which happen on disk access.

+1

Someone mentioned the use of a RAMdisk, like on the Amiga. If someone has 12 gigs of memory, he'd probably be able to copy the entire folder to that drive and still have memory left for playing. If the activation status is a problem, probably changing the drive letter solves that. It's cheaper than an SSD.

Heliocon
03-28-2011, 12:38 AM
+1

Someone mentioned the use of a RAMdisk, like on the Amiga. If someone has 12 gigs of memory, he'd probably be able to copy the entire folder to that drive and still have memory left for playing. If the activation status is a problem, probably changing the drive letter solves that. It's cheaper than an SSD.

I have 12gb :P
In a year or two I will up it to 24gb = win

Considering the fact that ram prices are falling fast, and will be falling even faster for the next few months as people move to 64bit os this would be great to have. Another reason why we need 64bit exe.

He111
03-28-2011, 12:54 AM
so .. no rush to buy my new rig? i can install it on my old computer and play it now!? although reiinstalling it on my new computer mightn't work?

aaarrgghh ??

He111.

fearlessfrog
03-28-2011, 01:48 AM
+1

Here you go:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3248693/RAMing_speed.html#Post3248693

Azimech
03-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Perfect!

Thanks!

*Buzzsaw*
03-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Jeez, have you listned to yourself, stop stalking me - try and get me off your mind, I am not your problem - your problem is that the game wont run, I had naff all to do with that.

Actually you need to stop imagining yourself as some kind of Sherlock Holmes rooting out the evildoers... Speaking of stalking, you take the cake, you've been stalking Oleg for years.

And the game does run, perhaps not to your anal requirements, but its potential is obvious, and it can only get better.

Look at the poll I posted, people here don't want your negative, destructive criticism, they want positive input to improve the game and solve its problems.

David Hayward
03-28-2011, 02:20 AM

No one is stalking you. They are laughing at you.

Tree_UK
03-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Actually you need to stop imagining yourself as some kind of Sherlock Holmes rooting out the evildoers... Speaking of stalking, you take the cake, you've been stalking Oleg for years.

And the game does run, perhaps not to your anal requirements, but its potential is obvious, and it can only get better.

Look at the poll I posted, people here don't want your negative, destructive criticism, they want positive input to improve the game and solve its problems.

Awww lol, I love the way you fight back....your getting really snarly now aren't you. Your just jealous that I am man enough to have an opinion of my own, and that a lot of what I said and questioned as unfortunatley come to fruition, this angers some people because just like you they were not smart enough to read between the lines, but hey thats your problem.

luthier
03-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I just want to say that this is the most ridiculous conspiracy theory yet.

1. The game engine is built from scratch. This... I don't even... I mean... Are you guys insane? Why the HELL would we hide the fact that we're using an old engine if we were? It wouldn't cost us any lost sales, that's for sure.

Most conspiracy theories fall apart very quickly because they're pointless, and because of Occam's razor. I have no idea what else to say about this, or how to actually prove that the game is new from scratch, except to release the source code.

2. We are using multiple cores. Details have been published previously. First core is used consistently, other cores have stuff delegated to them when needed. Performance monitoring will give you spikes depending on what's going on in the game.

3. The game is using 2.6 Gigs of RAM because that's how much stuff it needs to keep in the memory? What? Why are we even discussing this?
If you really like, we can easily dump another couple of gigs of stuff into memory and keep it there while you play. Would that make Cliffs of Dover a better flight sim?

In short, why is this even a topic? Why is there a certain segment of the community who is hell-bent on finding something that we lied to you about? This is becoming extremely tiresome, I have to say.

Please just judge the game on its merits as a flight sim, and not on the amount of RAM it takes up.

Flanker35M
03-28-2011, 08:27 AM
S!

Just one thing Luthier..IL-2 source code is not publicly available nor will be, so releasing CoD source code would prove nothing actually as we could not compare them ;)

Getting the sim this week so can begin testing. I bet there is a lot of tweaking to be done by dev team. Same applied with IL-2..it needed some patches to really begin to shine. So hopefully CoD will be updated on a regular basis to iron out the bugs. Then more content...

luthier
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
PS Anyone wondering about multicore support is more than welcome to use

ProcessAffinityMask=1

to force the game into a single core and compare the performance

LukeFF
03-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Ilya, don't let trolls like Tree get you down.

Raggz
03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I can't believe some of the idiots in this forum. Why the hell to they even bother lurking around here when they obviously don't like the game.

The game uses all cores and you can check the test done over at simhq.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3248344/Core_Diagnostics_Geordi.html#Post3248344

I am currently playing the russian version which i bought directly from 1C website and i'm having a ball with it even though i can't understand half of it yet since i don't speak russian. I've managed enough to set up a few controller settings, video options and so on. Tried out a few quick missions and i love it. It's a demanding game for sure but untill i get my english version and tweaked the game with settings i can read :P, i won't complain about anything :)

To Maddox, Ilya and the dev team. The game is beautiful,jaw dropping and brilliant so far. Excellent work :)

Untill one has actually played the game keep the mouth shut!

furbs
03-28-2011, 08:54 AM
PS Anyone wondering about multicore support is more than welcome to use

ProcessAffinityMask=1

to force the game into a single core and compare the performance

Thanks for the reply Luthier, can i ask if a 64bit exe is going to be patched into COD?

Im think im sure Oleg or yourself said COD will have 64bit support.

15JG52_Brauer
03-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Please just judge the game on its merits as a flight sim, and not on the amount of RAM it takes up.

Well said Luthier. I remember the original IL2 being too much for my PC back in the day - and that wasn't too shaby in the end ;-) I've seen some amazing vids of a beautiful product - I'm sure if anyone will deliver bug fixes and optimisation it's you guys - in short cant wait until I get my copy and check out what my home town of Portsmouth looks like :-)

Insuber
03-28-2011, 09:18 AM
In short, why is this even a topic? Why is there a certain segment of the community who is hell-bent on finding something that we lied to you about? This is becoming extremely tiresome, I have to say.

Luthier,

You'd better ignore the few pessimists here, they do not represent the community at all, you know. On the other end, as far as we know at present there are serious fps issues even on high end machines. We know from sukhoi.ru that you are working hard to a patch for stutter/freezes and fps, maybe a word also here would reassure us.

And bravo for the beauties I saw in the few videos and screenshots ...

Cheers,
Insuber

MicroWave
03-28-2011, 09:45 AM
On a different note i am sure that some here would love nothing more to than to poke a shotgun in a certain trolls face ;)

UserCP -> Edit Ignore List
makes miracles for the forum. Simple and effective pesticide.