View Full Version : Red Sands Extended Released

ecania
06-21-2014, 11:14 AM
This mod is canceled, no more updates

Ecania

ecania
06-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Changes in version 0714

Level 5 units in Kef Azis Cave and Blue Collar Tomb has been removed.
Cyclops was to strong, has been nerfed.
Cyclops now have a chance of summon celestial snakes.
Asmadeo slight adjusted
Fixed bugged chest on Debir.
Pets digging ability should not give so much crystals anymore

Difficulty have been adjusted
Easy -------- 190%
Normal ----- 210%
Hard -------- 230%
Impossible - 250%

To strong units fled from shops on Debir.

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/sahnindula/kefn.png

Changes in version 0715
Paladin skill tree is changed and added 2 new skills.
Medals been worked on, some minor changes, added bonus for Fire arrow in fire mage medal.
Some minor changes in skills
Added big map for bolo.
some unit prices changed.
Small change in shops.

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/sahnindula/kef10.png (http://s607.photobucket.com/user/sahnindula/media/kef10.png.html)

:smile: EA

jorko80
06-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi Ecania, I have played for a while and can share some impressions and toughts. I cleared a large part of upper Debir and part of Kef Azisa cave.

First some adjustments I've made before starting the game on impossible :
- I've set alead=4.0 and the exp=4.0 in logic.txt, you left exp=2.5 and I think that leads to gathering too much experience.
- reduced the money to 0.4
- removed the deadmoney - 0.0 - no compensations for lost units in impossible :)
- increased spexp to 1.7 , otherwise the pet dragon is getting too much experience. Maybe it should be even 2.0.
- in logic.txt there is a parameter called rel_strength - I've increased the stats there exactly 3 times. They show the hints of the enemy army strength compared to my army strength. And when playing on 400% if you leave the old stats almost all armies on the screen are listed as lethal or impossible and by increasing the stats the armies are correctly described. In the normal Red Sands, you can kill almost every army that is described as lethal or impossible and now you can't :) . Maybe you should increase these stats 2 times for the difficulties you provided.

The start was good and challenging , everything is well guarded and I only got to level2 before starting to fight. I really like the guarded shops and upgrade shrines you've made.
Some thoughts on the game :
-I think there are too many enemy armies on the map. I feel like they should be reduced like 3 times. That leads to too much experience for Amelie,asmadeo, the pet dragon and especially my army units experience. Amelie is now lvl8, asmadeo 11 , pet dragon 15 and units 7-8. And the enemy units are only around lvl3 . I think army exp. should be reduced 2 times. But for me it will be better just to reduce the enemies around the map 3 times. I'm starting to get bored fighting all those armies and started to avoid them. For example there is a really nice place on Debir with 3 shops and some power ups, I like that they are guarded on the inside, but on the map there were also like 4 armies or so. Also in Kef-azisa I'm already far too strong and all those weak armies are boring , I like how you built the cave with those halls and such , but there are so many armies I don't want to fight that I left the cave and couldn't explore it to the end.
-The changed creatures are awesome, most of them are really challenging. I'll just mention some that I didn't found logical:
Priest - too much leadership required almost like inquisitor and the unit is far weaker.
Pirate- resurrects like paladin. If he was some kind of a sea-priest I could understand if he could resurrect pirates and devilfishes :)
Rune mages are really overpowered with 3 charges of illusion , 1 is more then enough.

Some bugs I encountered :
-Medal Reptile Hunter doesn't count killed reptiles, it counts fights without losses. Two medals counting the same thing is not that interesting. I don't know if you made it on purpose.
-there is a map for Rusty Anchor on Scarlet Wind island and it's guard can be avoided. I don't know if it's intentional , I didn't used it so far. For example on Bolo there are 2 island maps that are guarded by immobile guards and that's good.
-the companion Jimmy Kraud can upgrade Royal thorns( I liked it very much :) ) , but it was done for 0 gold.
-the Inquisitor sounds are all like those of the orc-shamans , maybe because of the talent you gave them - it is not very important.
- The Medal Trapper says that all types of units count , but I've killed my own summoned units there and that doesn't count. Maybe it should say only enemy units count.
- The map doesn't show the real land I'm exploring. I tried extracting those files as you suggested but it doesn't work.
- One of my medals gives 10% damage bonus to crushing blow and ball of lightning ,but that bonus applies also to Dragon Dive.
- A chest in Kef-azisa gave me just an error message and nothing else.

I think you can adjust the difficulty on the start screen when starting a new game, because it is confusing when it shows the original game stats. It is located in eng_windows.lng which is in loc_ses.kfs.

That's all for now ,tomorrow will continue with some more gaming. I'm really enjoying much of the ideas and changes you've made :)
Thank you for the work !

ecania
06-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback Jorko.
Changed difficulty settings in lng file.
Jimmy Kraud now takes gold when upgrading troops, upgrade of evil beholders fixed.
Rusty Anchor map on Scarlet Island adjusted.
Will Think about pirates and see what I come up with.
I havent changed anything on Rune Mages.
Reptile hunter was on purpose, tried different stuff on it, did not work, so choosed that instead of original.
Trapper medal text is untouched except added text about more runes, and it should not count your own units.
Inquisitor sounds , aye got it when adding talents, kept it for fun.
Radarmaps doesent work - have no idea, did u delete old red sands map before apply this mod? or any other mod installed?

Will adjust logic file.

It is not meant to kill every army out there, its a bit hard to build so much new landmass and leave big empty spots.
Taste of play is different, some people like short games and some long, so choice is to advance fast and not kill Everything and end game or play a longer game and kill a lot.
So will not decrease number of enemies.
I see u play as warrior, then pet level fast, and enemies get weak sooner cuz of leadership, but as mage thats a different story,at least for me.

It is not easy to balance for both warrior and mage, warrior gets more easy faster in beginning.
Play as mage now, still at debir lvl9 asmadeo is lvl9 and pet is lvl11, play on hard 190%

EA

1darklord
06-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Awesome, definitely want to give this a go when I get chance. :)

Daniel.

Erkilmarl
06-27-2014, 02:23 PM
It's so quiet here, so I have to post some thoughts. I'm only at level 10 now and have been enjoying the new features. The new "things" you can find in the forests have been much fun and put to good use.

In the first dungeon, Fire Spiders made a no-loss Ent/Thorn encounter just a matter of right choices, whereas Marauders' unit shifting ability works the other way, but that's good, since now I have to find new tactical solutions for armies with Marauders included. So far everything is good.

Have you altered the chests that dragon digs up? I seem to be getting Wanderer Spells much too frequently. And one more thing: radar maps show terrain correctly, but the map that opens into new window doesn't.

ecania
06-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Heya Erki

Yea its a bit quiet, but it is summer and holidays, so hopefully it will get better soon.
So u stumbled on some stuff in the forest...cool

About the Wanderer spells u should do good on debir with some nice chests but after that things should go back to normal, it is a bonus for people play impossible.
If they dont pls report as soon as you can.

Did you read the update thread erki, I will do some Changes about units.
Pirates will loose prayer, but will be able to resurrect thorns instead and of cuz summon them too.
Priest are the new inquisitor and original inquisitors are a bit harder to kill and they have prayer instead of resurrection.
The map in the window is the old one , cant promise I can fix that.

Are u playing hard 190% now erki?

Ecania

Erkilmarl
06-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Oops, I meant Marauders... they are now interesting enemies.

It's somehow logical that Inquisitors are more interested in rooting out evil than helping people...

I'm still playing on Normal. I'll see how it goes.

ecania
06-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Oops, I meant Marauders... they are now interesting enemies.

It's somehow logical that Inquisitors are more interested in rooting out evil than helping people...

I'm still playing on Normal. I'll see how it goes.

Ah jeah Marauders, hehe.
Oki me play mage now on hard, im lvl9 drago is 11 and asmadeo is lvl9, my army is - Fire spiders, archmages, orc hunters, inquisitor and gorgons.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I noticed that cured Jimmy Kraud will take money for upgrading Royal Thorns but then nothing happens.

ecania
06-29-2014, 03:16 PM
I noticed that cured Jimmy Kraud will take money for upgrading Royal Thorns but then nothing happens.

Aye he is bugged, its fixed in next update.

EA

1darklord
06-30-2014, 12:26 PM
ICE DRAGONS - LEVEL 5
Cost 18000
Leadership 2200
Attack 60
Defense 64
Health 280
Speed 7
Talents - Cold Stream, Ice Blast

Is that right? The Health seems way to low for the Leadership.

Daniel.

ecania
06-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Is that right? The Health seems way to low for the Leadership.

Daniel.

No its not right, my fault should be 900.

1darklord
06-30-2014, 02:18 PM
I notice you can no longer download this mod, any ideas when it'll be back up for download? :)

Cheers,

Daniel.

ecania
06-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I notice you can no longer download this mod, any ideas when it'll be back up for download? :)

Cheers,

Daniel.

Hopefully soon, fixing some errors and testplay it.
Trying again to get contact with red sand team, just waiting for a response.

EA

rubje
07-01-2014, 03:14 PM
When is this back online again? I really want to try it out. And the english version for red sands 1.6.1. needs the original red sand file which I cannot find anywhere on the web.

Thank you for making this!

ecania
07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
When is this back online again? I really want to try it out. And the english version for red sands 1.6.1. needs the original red sand file which I cannot find anywhere on the web.

Thank you for making this!

Hopefully soon Rubje, polishing some stuff, and testing it.
Also waiting for a response from the original makers of red sand.

Ecania

jorko80
07-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi Ecania :)
I can share some more thoughts on your mod and some bugs, that you can address in the next update.
Bugs:
-The new creatures like celestial snake, maelstrom and so on... don't acquire experience properly. You should add them in the file "exp_system_cfg.txt" . There is a base list there and all creatures should be listed and then they should be added to specified lists(shooters,base creatures,elites etc.).
-the Lava call bonus does not give 10% bonus, only 10points ,which is useless, I tried to change to % ,but it doesn't work. Maybe you should ask someone more experienced.
-Medal dragon slayer I - gives 2points damage bonus instead of 2% , and that is really powerful for low level creatures. I've changed it to 2% . Dragon slayer II is also bugged, but the others are ok. It's just the position of "2" which is wrongly placed in medals.txt
-celestial snake is unaffected by some abilities and artifacts. For example the blue pet dragon doesn't give it +1 initiative and I had an artifact which gave all creatures +1 moral ,even on my maelstroms,but celestial snake was unaffected. I don't know how to fix that.
Now some new thoughts :
I stopped my game with the warrior, it was too boring fighting all those armies. Before starting a new game I edited the new areas and removed at least half of the armies. And the new game was way better and more challenging. Started with paladin. It was really hard and without all these armies I didn't get so much experience and it was well balanced. Also in my first game I got the maps for bolo and scarlet wind islands without fighting and now they were guarded which was really nice. I wander if you know how to make immobile guards for some treasures, it is really good.
-I played until I got to Verona. I cleared all Debir,Scarlet wind , Kef Azisa and some other caves, I got to level 19, the dragon was 27( I will decrease the exp. for the pet even more, he is getting too strong too fast) and Asmadeo was 20. Creatures were 8-10lvl which is good. Really like the places you've made, everything is beautiful.
-In some places I got too big prizes when I defeated a building. For example in kef azisa I've got lvl5 dragon sword and I was only lvl10 by that time and think it's too strong so early. Also there are really way too many crystals, I can revive Asmadeo as much as I want ,learn all spells and I always have above 60 crystals-that's too easy also.
-In the new shops there are also too many artifacts, which also leads to crystals. Also maybe the lvl4 creatures in the shops on the first islands should be less.
-The marauder creature swap ability is too powerful. You can do nothing to prevent it and so early in the game there is nothing you can do. It just leads to losses. I removed it, but it will be better if you can make it leadership dependant. I don't know how to do it.
-There are many boosters here and there which are nice, but maybe they should give smaller bonuses. Otherwise the hero is getting fast too strong.
-I've read in your posts ,that you made the chests of the pet give even bigger rewards, because you want to help the play in impossible. I don't think it's needed, I don't even use that ability of the dragon.
-I've found some really strong lvl5 new creatures on verona and they were in a shop that was even unguarded. I think it's too early for such power.
My point is that everything must be found slowly to keep the interest and the challenge throughout the game.
I had a really good time playing your mod in tha last 4-5 days. I think I can start a new game now, but I'll make some more tweaks, maybe restricting the high level creatures and artifacts to come later in the game.
One question :
Where did you found those new creatures ,never seen them before ?
Thanks again for the mod :)

ecania
07-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback Jorko.
Dragonslayer medal is fixed.

I will check lava stuff and see if I can fix it.
The crystal and rune bonus for chest for dragon to dig up is gone.

When it comes to new units and experience I had a problem with units not working properly.
So I left out exp for those powerful units.

Why celestial snakes doesent get 1+ ini from blue dragon is beyond my knowledge.

Need to know the name of item that doesent work with celestials.

I have tried make immobile guards but not succeded, so I lock them with a chest in front instead.

The stuff in the shops are very random, you don’t find any items over lvl3 on debir or scarlet I think, but in caves there is a slight chance to get higher level items, I doubt you find the same sword again in kef asiza.

Also in altars things are very random, all for a nice replayability, so in some games you get more crystals from them.

Will think about marauders and see what I come up with.
Units on Verona, was that close to harbor?

New strong units are restricted, there are a few places you can buy those in every game, some shops have a little chance to have some in every game and only a few.

Some altars can give +2 mana or +2 rage I don’t think it is to powerful rewards and some you can get +4 mana or rage and in some occations a bit more.

Also it depends what kind of player you are, Im not an expert player that plays impossible games, I like play on hard lvl, and I think that’s the most common level people play this game at.
And that makes it a problem to do a game harder then the level you play it yourself.

Maybe you feel to help me balance a version of the mod for impossible play, so can I focus on this version.

Also waiting for response from sini4_the_grunt, want to be sure they let me release this version of red sands since it is their work from the beginning, I have also sent messages to those people made the mods wich is built in to this mod.

The new units comes from an older mod made for red sands 1.3

Ecania

Kiras
07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I abandoned my paladin run with the previous version, and am now playing the latest version that you posted with a mage on impossible. The one with the new creatures. I ran into two bugs:

The damage that ghost blade does when mouse hovering it over an enemy is incorrect. The damage it says in the book is correct. I suspect this has something to do with the fire mage resistance reduction, but I'm not exactly sure. I should note that flaming arrow reports the correct damage when hovering the mouse over an enemy.

More significant: Ancient phoenix is totally messed up. Young and Mature are not, just Ancient. It's bizarre. I summon it, the graphic doesn't look right, and then I send it to attack an enemy. It does damage to that enemy, and the surrounding two hexes (3 hex attack, working fine), then one of the enemies runs over to where the phoenix was before it attacked and I can't attack it. This isn't the enemy's turn choosing to walk over to there, it's a unit instantly running across the map even if it doesn't have the move points.

ecania
07-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Thanks Kiras, but it wasnt good news.
Hmmm, thats odd, but it could be as you say.
Also the old Phoenix, doesent have a clue whats wrong, checked files dont find anything at all.

Well we do not cancel, its just my mornin mode couldnt take that stupid bug

Ecania

Kiras
07-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Maybe it has something to do with the addition of that Legendary Phoenix? It wasn't a problem before you added all of the new creatures.

In any case, this is a nice expansion on Crossworlds and you've put so much time into it. I wouldn't cancel it.

1darklord
07-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Hey Ecania,

Have you been asked not to use the Red Sands mod any more? That would be a real shame as you are the only one doing anything with it in English any more. I’ve been looking forward to playing this to.

Daniel.

ecania
07-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the addition of that Legendary Phoenix? It wasn't a problem before you added all of the new creatures.

In any case, this is a nice expansion on Crossworlds and you've put so much time into it. I wouldn't cancel it.

Worked on this today and I think or hope it is solved, not tested yet.
Was just to much to read on an early morning / sorry ;)

ecania
07-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey Ecania,

Have you been asked not to use the Red Sands mod any more? That would be a real shame as you are the only one doing anything with it in English any more. I’ve been looking forward to playing this to.

Daniel.

No no, Im just trying to get contact with red sands team , thats all.
pls read your pm,s Daniel and pm me back:wink:

so no worries

Ecania

1darklord
07-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Good work! :)

Daniel.

aristobal
07-04-2014, 03:57 PM
No no, Im just trying to get contact with red sands team

May be one of these points of contacts will help you to catch zini4_tha_grunt :)

http://www.gamer.ru/users/zini4_tha_grunt

ecania
07-04-2014, 03:59 PM
May be one of these points of contacts will help you to catch zini4_tha_grunt :)

http://www.gamer.ru/users/zini4_tha_grunt

Thanks a lot Aristobal, I have registered on that forum and got contact with Zini.

Ecania

jorko80
07-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi Ecania!
-I think you should add the experience for the new units,because they actually get it, it is just not displayed right and you can't see how much they have.
-The item that doesn't give celestials +1 moral is Fool's cap , it says +1 to all units, but I see now that it also doesn't work with Monster.
-Immobile guards: I found that , it is actually easy with the editor - you right click on an army ,go to overrides and there change "Radius smell", "Radius vision" and "Radius lost" to value 1 and that's it. The trick with the chest doesn't work sometimes, the armies get beside it.
I've made much editing and removed the possibilities for powerful creatures early, greatly decreased the numbers of the armies in shops also, removed powerful spells and such, playing mage now. Will tell you how it goes later :)
About the Red Sands, it was a mod, not a paid expansion and I don't remember seeing restriction to mod it, maybe just mention the guys in the credits of your mod is enough.
Thank you!

ecania
07-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Hi Ecania!
-I think you should add the experience for the new units,because they actually get it, it is just not displayed right and you can't see how much they have.
-The item that doesn't give celestials +1 moral is Fool's cap , it says +1 to all units, but I see now that it also doesn't work with Monster.
-Immobile guards: I found that , it is actually easy with the editor - you right click on an army ,go to overrides and there change "Radius smell", "Radius vision" and "Radius lost" to value 1 and that's it. The trick with the chest doesn't work sometimes, the armies get beside it.
I've made much editing and removed the possibilities for powerful creatures early, greatly decreased the numbers of the armies in shops also, removed powerful spells and such, playing mage now. Will tell you how it goes later :)
About the Red Sands, it was a mod, not a paid expansion and I don't remember seeing restriction to mod it, maybe just mention the guys in the credits of your mod is enough.
Thank you!

Thanks Jorko, very nice info.
About the item Fools Cap, it is made to only give morale to humans, since it is a human item, if it works on other races, thats a bug from original game.

Yes red sands is a mod, but developers stated that if you want to mod it please ask for permission, so thats what I do.

Will have a check on exp file.

Ecania

ecania
07-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Added all new units to exp file.

EA

quamtum
07-04-2014, 11:25 PM
celestial snakes doesent get 1+ ini and +1 speed when i wear snake boot

ecania
07-05-2014, 07:23 AM
celestial snakes doesent get 1+ ini and +1 speed when i wear snake boot

Fixed

EA

hardy87
07-05-2014, 08:44 AM
It look so excited ! I can't wait untill Red sand team feedback :( thanks for your hard work !

ecania
07-05-2014, 09:02 AM
It look so excited ! I can't wait untill Red sand team feedback :( thanks for your hard work !

Soon soon, doin some small changes and trying to catch the serious bugs.

Battle rage medal reworked so it gives direct damage for Lava Call instead of % damage.
Ancient Phoenix is fixed, tested and workin as intended.

EA

impy
07-06-2014, 07:41 AM
hello Ecania,
I salute you for your hard work. I've been following your effort with interest and although I have very little time lately and wanted to wait until there is lot of feedback and polishing done, but could not resist to give it a try.
Here are the notes after 50 fights on impossible, still on Debir :
- from 129 chests dug & found I received 17 wanderer scrolls already. That is way too much. First, since one wants to keep them for later, they make learning new spells difficult. Second, I got a few Call Colossus scrolls - getting a dragon on Debir ruins a difficulty. Please lower the probability if you can. Also, please lower the amount of received crystals as well. I have hundreds of them now, and management is non-existent.
- I noticed you increased the amounts of hits needed for medals. That is good, there are lot more fights. However, jump from medal 3 to 4 is way way too steep. For example, 170 traps for level 3 and then 350 for level 4? Guardian Angel - 1000hits for level 4? It requires commitment bordering on fanaticism, for very little increase. Please re-think getting runes for trap medals. I have Trap 3 on level 9, meaning for remaining let's say 55 levels I will get 55x3=165 extra runes.Maybe just give a probability to get runes...
All the best, Impy

ecania
07-06-2014, 08:07 AM
hello Ecania,
I salute you for your hard work. I've been following your effort with interest and although I have very little time lately and wanted to wait until there is lot of feedback and polishing done, but could not resist to give it a try.
Here are the notes after 50 fights on impossible, still on Debir :
- from 129 chests dug & found I received 17 wanderer scrolls already. That is way too much. First, since one wants to keep them for later, they make learning new spells difficult. Second, I got a few Call Colossus scrolls - getting a dragon on Debir ruins a difficulty. Please lower the probability if you can. Also, please lower the amount of received crystals as well. I have hundreds of them now, and management is non-existent.
- I noticed you increased the amounts of hits needed for medals. That is good, there are lot more fights. However, jump from medal 3 to 4 is way way too steep. For example, 170 traps for level 3 and then 350 for level 4? Guardian Angel - 1000hits for level 4? It requires commitment bordering on fanaticism, for very little increase. Please re-think getting runes for trap medals. I have Trap 3 on level 9, meaning for remaining let's say 55 levels I will get 55x3=165 extra runes.Maybe just give a probability to get runes...
All the best, Impy

Heya Impy
Nice to get feedback from you.
Those wanderer scrolls and crystals and u get 2 runes from dragon dig up is gone.
I will surely check the medals and see what I can do.
Im workin with some balance issues right now with new units and there are a couple of other bugs in version you play, new unit changes are in first post edited today.

Ecania

ecania
07-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Small change of medals.

Trapper Medal - Trap stuff untouched this is bonus stuff
max1=15
max2=70 - Gives 10% exp for petdragon
max3=140 - Gives 15% exp for petdragon
max4=250 - Gives 20% exp for petdragon and 1 bonusrune at lvlup

Guardian Angel
max1=90
max2=200
max3=400
max4=750

Asmadeos exp gain is a bit lower now.

Difficulty is adjusted - EXP FOR HERO AND PET IS THE SAME FOR EASY NORMAL AND HARD

EASY - 170%
NORMAL - 190%
HARD - 210%
IMPOSSIBLE - 240%

Ecania

ecania
07-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Download link for this campaign will be up tonight.......:)

Ecania

1darklord
07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Nice one, looking forward to giving it a go. :)

Daniel.

ecania
07-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Nice one, looking forward to giving it a go. :)

Daniel.
DOWNLOAD LINK IS UP, AT BOTTOM IN FIRST POST

HAVE FUN

Ecania

hardy87
07-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Finally, you made it ! Nice !

1darklord
07-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Awesome, will grab it later. :)

Daniel.

Gza
07-18-2014, 08:24 AM
I like this mod. Sure there's a lot of work. This is the final version? I can not download the latest version (7.15). Because the alarm Nod32. Upload it somewhere? Thank you.

ecania
07-18-2014, 02:31 PM
I like this mod. Sure there's a lot of work. This is the final version? I can not download the latest version (7.15). Because the alarm Nod32. Upload it somewhere? Thank you.

Heya Gza

There is nothing wrong with download site, even if I upload somewhere else, your software firewall / virus applikation will prolly alarm, those apps are not reliable, they are known to send false alarms in some occations.
What you can do is to disable nod32 while downloading, then you enable your app again and check files when downloaded.
This is mostly final, it can need some Changes, but prolly only minor, so go for it, and have fun.

Ecania

hardy87
07-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks for keeping this mod update ! This is amazing mod.

I've got a problem with Stone beholder Asmadeo, the skill "Mystical Ritual" somehow not work. Can you fix it ? Thanks

ecania
07-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks for keeping this mod update ! This is amazing mod.

I've got a problem with Stone beholder Asmadeo, the skill "Mystical Ritual" somehow not work. Can you fix it ? Thanks

Heya Hardy and thanks.

Can you describe the problem, since nothing according that skill is touched in this mod.

Ecania

hardy87
07-19-2014, 01:24 PM
I cast that skill on the corpse, and game said I can rise some undead but nothing happen. I have to cancel that skill and choose another skill to continue the combat.

p/s : Sorry for my bad eng ^^!

ecania
07-19-2014, 02:07 PM
I cast that skill on the corpse, and game said I can rise some undead but nothing happen. I have to cancel that skill and choose another skill to continue the combat.

p/s : Sorry for my bad eng ^^!

This is quoted from a thread about this skill.

You use ritual skill to revive you`re own undead units. It acts like sacrifice spell : you kill some enemy stack, lets say bowman, and use ritual skill on their corpse then you left click on your own undead units (must be humanoid undead unit), so you cant use it to create new units under your controll on battle field. You must to already HAVE that type of units in army. So to sum it up, you cant use ritual skill if you dont have undead unit in you`re army. To use this skill you have to use 1 type of undead units in 1 of 5 unit slots (so if you use priest, bowman, swordman, archmage, griffin this skill wont do a thing, but if you have zombies instead swordman you can use it to revive you`re zombies from enemy humanoid corpses).

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26293

Ecania

hardy87
07-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Oh I see, thank you so much !

ecania
07-21-2014, 02:09 PM
There is going to be another update of the campaign in a few weeks, im not going to reveal yet whats coming.

I need to know / get some feedback on the campaign, especially balance issues and such, please post here what you think of it so far.

Question: is asmadeo still leveling to fast?

Ecania

1darklord
07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
There is going to be another update of the campaign in a few weeks, im not going to reveal yet whats coming.

Oooh! Not even a hint? :D

Daniel.

Erkilmarl
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM
I've made some progress and noted that treasures on the ground aren't visible in the minimap. What's happened?

Sheeps123
07-25-2014, 05:46 AM
Hi! Just started King's Bounty again after a long time and I'm excited to play this mod, however the download link is not workable any more, could anyone be kind enough to re-upload it? :)

ecania
07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi! Just started King's Bounty again after a long time and I'm excited to play this mod, however the download link is not workable any more, could anyone be kind enough to re-upload it? :)

Fixing a few balance issues, then it will be uploaded again.

Ecania

ecania
07-26-2014, 07:51 AM
I've made some progress and noted that treasures on the ground aren't visible in the minimap. What's happened?

Cant do anything more on minimaps, thats how they look.

Download link back up again - Small update only, ver 0726 fixing some balance issues.

Ecania

hardy87
07-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi Ecania, I found a bug about high morale. My Priests and Rune mages got high morale to act again but they don't get an extra turn.

ecania
07-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Ecania, I found a bug about high morale. My Priests and Rune mages got high morale to act again but they don't get an extra turn.

No morale stuff is modded, so can be from original red sands, there is none I can do about it.

Ecania

jorko80
07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Hardy87 , they are not supposed to get extra turn, they get +1 to initiative for 1 turn. Only the description is bugged. In earlier versions they got extra turn ,but of course that was too powerful and later replaced with initiative.

hardy87
07-28-2014, 10:20 AM
so that's wrong description :( thanks for your reply !

Cataca
07-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Im still in Debir, the added monsters make it a bit long to get through, i think that might have been overdone a tad, since it makes it a bit tedious. One thing i'd like to see is some better chest loot, both overland and on the battlemap. Its 99% gold, which is useless, dragon chests are a waste of rage as well.

Other than that, i really like it thus far.
One idea i had, that might be interesting, is if you assigned each store in the starting area to a race, and sold random level 1-4 units there, so people like me that want to run with a themed army, get the chance to do that from the get-go.
Keep up the good work!

ecania
07-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Im still in Debir, the added monsters make it a bit long to get through, i think that might have been overdone a tad, since it makes it a bit tedious. One thing i'd like to see is some better chest loot, both overland and on the battlemap. Its 99% gold, which is useless, dragon chests are a waste of rage as well.

Other than that, i really like it thus far.
One idea i had, that might be interesting, is if you assigned each store in the starting area to a race, and sold random level 1-4 units there, so people like me that want to run with a themed army, get the chance to do that from the get-go.
Keep up the good work!

Heya Cataca and thanks for the feedback.

In the next update Im gonna decrease the number of enemies, have been discussed earlier.
Chest loot is random, also dragon chests are random, so if you only get money, you are a bit unlucky.

It is set for dragon to get Money, runes, scrolls, biggest chance is Money, since otherwise that function gets overpowered.

About shops, those are random too , but it is set that you can find all kind of units in them, in dungeons you can find Lizard and undead troops early.

Demons are in Red raven tomb, but you cannot acess that so early.
Lizards in blue collar tomb.

Ecania

darionz
08-02-2014, 03:32 PM
hello i'm new here, will be possible to post a list of the new items and their stats?

tantun
08-12-2014, 12:24 PM
The download link is expired, can u update it again please?

tantun
08-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Download link is expired, can you please update it EA?

ecania
08-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Download link is down atm, making small changes, will be up in a couple of days again, prolly in the coming weekend.

Ecania

matod4
08-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Hello is possible to play without creature experience? i think it destroys game..
btw thank you for great work

ecania
08-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Download link is up.

Whats new in version 0813
All new or reworked zones has now lesser enemies to fight.

Enjoy
Ecania

Erkilmarl
08-22-2014, 07:45 PM
It's so quiet here... Anyway, I started a new, normal Paladin game. I played through Debir and with the help of Kef Azisa so that I had reached level 12 before moving to Scarlet Wind. "Strong" is the most common army attribute there, so at least for me the balace so far is right.

CarryNL
08-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately the download link is expired again.
Could you please re-upload?

matod4
08-23-2014, 07:31 AM
link is broken

Cannot complete the retrieval process

The retrieval process could not be completed. The file could not be found on the server. The retention period has expired.

ecania
08-23-2014, 08:54 AM
link is broken

Cannot complete the retrieval process

The retrieval process could not be completed. The file could not be found on the server. The retention period has expired.

Link is up, enjoy.

Ecania

ecania
08-23-2014, 08:57 AM
It's so quiet here... Anyway, I started a new, normal Paladin game. I played through Debir and with the help of Kef Azisa so that I had reached level 12 before moving to Scarlet Wind. "Strong" is the most common army attribute there, so at least for me the balace so far is right.

Thanks Erki
Kepp me updated on balance pls.

EA

Erkilmarl
08-26-2014, 02:46 PM
I will. I cleared Scarlet almost completely but excluding caves and moved to Bolo. There opposition was strong or very strong or lethal, which is managable with full rage. (Isn't invincible worse than lethal, BTW?)

Were training dummies random? There was one on Bolo beside the lighthouse and the map which are set high in the hills. It promised +12 rage but gave none, which isn't a small thing.

ecania
08-26-2014, 03:36 PM
I will. I cleared Scarlet almost completely but excluding caves and moved to Bolo. There opposition was strong or very strong or lethal, which is managable with full rage. (Isn't invincible worse than lethal, BTW?)

Were training dummies random? There was one on Bolo beside the lighthouse and the map which are set high in the hills. It promised +12 rage but gave none, which isn't a small thing.

Thank you Erki.
dummie seems bugged, got a friend that got the same thing +12 and nothing, I will adjust that dummie.
Aye invincible are worse

Anyone else? Feedback is very welcome, come on peeps, write down some feedback please..........

Watchmaker
08-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Ultimate is more then ultimate ;) Seriously... size of those armies is just ridiculus... no less then lethal all the time. But I love it ;) Dragon is leveling very fast.. hero level 10 still on first island but dragon is 17.. it is hard to keep rage costs of his skill below hero max limit without choosing trash upgrades. And what is with those prizes... 290000 gold for pair of boots? :) But seriously... mod is amazing!

matod4
08-30-2014, 09:53 AM
hello , i dont like about the mod you can easily go to all islands on level 2 and pickup really good gear and units then you came back and own everything.. i got on level 2 1500 leadership from flags and then i sop playing there is no blance to this

matod4
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Why is download removed? are you repairing early acces to all islands? cause that makes games incredible easy on imposible

Erkilmarl
09-02-2014, 07:04 PM
One doesn't have to do everything that is possible to do. I find the mod very enjoyable. I went from Bolo to Rusty Anchor, Verona and Montero. I left lethal or invincible armies here and there just like I always have done. And I found that on a new island armies were always strong or very strong (at least most of them).

Then I must say that I have used only 3 levels of Glory and 1 level of Elite (and I have level 3 of Grand Strategy) to keep enemy armies strong compared to mine. That's not a bad thing, I think, it means that I should be playing on a higher difficulty. I wonder, do your skill tree choices make it possible for a Paladin to have more leadership than a Warrior?

BTW, I admit, it's not fun to know game breaking strategies. In the original game there was this: The first flying unit you found meant game over. You could just fly over continents in search of the map pieces that revealed the hidden treasure (a sceptre?).

matod4
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM
I collect 1500 leadership just from flags without fighting and i still have posibilities where to go collect more, but then i stop playing

Erkilmarl
09-04-2014, 01:28 PM
I collect 1500 leadership just from flags without fighting and i still have posibilities where to go collect more, but then i stop playing

Is this mod easier there than the vanilla game? Isn't it possible to play all versions of AP that way?

matod4
09-05-2014, 04:50 AM
id like red sands extreme mod but its hard to get anyone have download link with compelete installment?

AstralWanderer
01-10-2015, 07:11 AM
id like red sands extreme mod but its hard to get anyone have download link with compelete installment?This download page still seems to be working:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1jfom027kg8oc24/Red+Sands+Extended_0813.rar

Elektra
02-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Pity this one has stopped being developed.

would someone have the original Red Sands files available? a torrent link perhaps? cannot seem to find it anywhere.

big thanks - Elektra

apopov
03-10-2015, 01:46 PM
@ecania

Just found out about this mod, thank you so much for making it.

monshael
04-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Hi. Long time since anyone was here, but i gotta ask... How do those artefact fragments work?
I got 2 of them: a spade and a dragon boot/claw, both part of "dragon toy". Are there more fragments in the set and do they combine into one artefact if you gather them all or do they work like a set and give bonuses when they're all worn?

I searched around a bit, but i can't seem to find a guide, if there is one. Thank you.

1darklord
04-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Hi. Long time since anyone was here, but i gotta ask... How do those artefact fragments work?
I got 2 of them: a spade and a dragon boot/claw, both part of "dragon toy". Are there more fragments in the set and do they combine into one artefact if you gather them all or do they work like a set and give bonuses when they're all worn?

I searched around a bit, but i can't seem to find a guide, if there is one. Thank you.

I found a post on this forum, here it is,

And these are they stats, as they appeared in my game:

Lizardman Combat Boots (Lev 2 Boots, Neutral)
+2 Defense
Special: enhances Crushing Blow, +25% Damage, +1 repulsion distance

Lizard Gloves (Lev 2 Gloves, Neutral)
+1 Attack
+5% chance of Critical Hit
Special: enhances Mana Accelerator, +3 Mana, +1 action point (i.e. on maxed skill you get 28 Mana for 25 Rage)

Shovel (Lev 2 Weapon, Neutral)
+1 Attack
Special: enhances Stone Wall, +50% health
Special: enhances Treasure Hunter, +1 chest, +1 object (i.e. 4 chests and 3 other objects on max)

Helmet with Antenna (Lev 3 Helmet, Dvarves)
+2 Intellect, -1 Inititative to allied troops of level 3-5
Special: enhances Ball of Lightning, +1 charge, +30% increased chance of shock

And finally composite artifact:
Dragon Toy (Lev 5 Artifact, Neutral)
+15 Rage
Special: +15% Damage to all offensive Dragon abilities

Basically if you have all four in your inventory, right click on one of them and click use (or assemble or something I forget).

Daniel.

monshael
04-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Thank you for your speedy reply.

ecania
05-15-2016, 06:04 AM
@ecania

Just found out about this mod, thank you so much for making it.

Hey guys, nice to see that some people still plays the mod, ty a lot Apopov.

cheers ecania :cool:

Ruthless Reuban
06-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Special thanks to Ecania for making this awesome mod. After long pause I'm playing Kings Bounty again. Red Sands Extended included Ultimate Challenge file, that felt too easy for me. Basic settings were:

exp=4.0|4.0|4.0|4.0
alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|4.0
spexp=1.8|1.8|1.8|1.8
money=0.4|0.4|0.4|0.4
rage=0.7|0.7|0.7|0.7
manarage=0.5|0.5|0.5|0.5

I made it bit harder but still it was too easy. After that I made some modding in many ways trying to maintain same gameplay, just much harder. For main settings, about the only way to keep game challenging until end is to heavily restrict experience, rage and mana gains:

exp=4.0|4.0|4.0|12.5
alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|6.4
spexp=1.8|1.8|1.8|5.0
money=0.4|0.4|0.4|0.4
rage=0.7|0.7|0.7|0.1
manarage=0.5|0.5|0.5|0.1

Other notable changes include:

- Island difficulty (k_lead) increased, harder opponents on every island
- Increasing that setting seem also give much more leadership from banners
- Spellbook size is about 300
- Box radar is enabled
- Enemy troop relative strengths (invincible and such) modified
- Asmadeo slightly modified
- Asmadeo max level Amelie level +50
- Some overpowered spells (like Phantom, Turn back time, Target, Stone skin) more or less modified

Seem to work very fine. Currently conquering Verona. Amelie level 23, pet dragon level 33, Asmadeo level 40, leadership (without any items, Asmadeo not free) 11 682. And there is still much challenge.

Tested with following settings:

- Mage
- Impossible difficulty of course as settings are modified only for it.
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight (training session is very hard without luck, feel free to cheat there)
- No use of wanderer spells
(- not included in files because cannot modify after recruiting companion: disabled Mkaborets comanion's magic shackles, modify companion.txt and raise mana cost of it to 51 if want to try)

Feel free to add more challenge modifying boss strength on logic.txt

bossatk=2.6|2.6|2.6|2.6
bosshp=5.2|5.2|5.2|5.2

Install:

- Make backup of ...red_sands\config directory
- Extract all files to ...red_sands\config directory and overwrite
- Start new game

ecania
07-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Some nice changes there, I had to do a lot of changes to asmadeo, he gained exp too fast.
I got some great help from one of the guys behind Red sands mod.
Great to see its still alive, it took me a very long time to make this mod, or more a game expansion.
Keep it up Ruthless Reuban.

Cheers Ecania

Ruthless Reuban
07-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Some nice changes there, I had to do a lot of changes to asmadeo, he gained exp too fast.
I got some great help from one of the guys behind Red sands mod.
Great to see its still alive, it took me a very long time to make this mod, or more a game expansion.
Keep it up Ruthless Reuban.

Cheers Ecania

Thanks.

I modified Asmadeo bit better. Currently at level 43 and not overpowered at all. Also gaining so few experience that gaining levels take long time.

So far everything seem to work. Amelie level 29 and still so much challenge that fights must be very carefully picked up. Perhaps spexp should be 6.0 or even 7.0, but otherwise no problems so far.

Leaving wanderer spells out was good choice. They are somewhat overpowered.

Ruthless Reuban
10-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Making progress. Amielie level is now 39. Most caves are done, Elon is still untouched. Easier islands more or less cleared.

Because using wanderer scrolls is not allowed, I cannot use them to counter bosses high attack and defence. So certain boss battles where boss level is under Amelie level (around 35) are still impossible to do without losses. Enemy troops just do too much damage.

Every time I think this mod is too easy, becomes point where I must fight very hard battles to gain considerable amount of experience. There are some easy fights left I missed earlier but those give about 1% of experience needed for next level, so fighting them hardly gives any progress.

This difficulty mod still works very fine. Nice to see what happens when end game gets nearer.

gonzalodecas
12-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Good day,

Thank you so much for this new improve of Red Sands (I finalized original Red Sands a few years ago and I would like to play this new Extended version) but... I cannot downdload it because there is no link in the first post. Could anyone send me the files to check it?

Thanks in advance!

Ruthless Reuban
01-04-2017, 04:11 PM
After expensive testing, I noticed that with my previous Ultimate challenge mod beginning was bit too easy (I didn't use all the tricks available) and endgame way too easy. This version has following changes:

- Experience divisor to 14 (from 12.5)
- Enemy strength to 6.6 (from 6.2)
- Pet dragon experience modifier to 5.2 (from 4.6)
- Asmadeo Attack and Defence skills have few more levels
- Asmadeo progress slightly better now to balance Mage's tower
- Less leadership to Amelie from levelup
- Much more experience needed for level up since level 35
- Item "Alucard" (red pyramid) still gives +10 mana and rage but ATT/DEF/INT increase after killing dragons disabled
- Ball of lightning adjusted, much more rage cost (and pet dragon is much faster too)

Also:

- Small adjustments to spells
- Bit more starting mana
- Elenhel companion now gives +6 INT as Wanderer scrolls are no use (only for sale)
- Mkaborets companion spell costs increased and magic shackles disabled

Install:

- Make backup of ...red_sands\config and ...red_sands\Mods directory (if exists)
- Extract all files on config folder to ...red_sands\config directory and overwrite
- Extract all files on mods folder to ...red_sands\Mods directory. Create folder if it does not exist. Not sure if that has to be Mods (with M capital letter)
- Start new game

Tested with following settings:

- Mage
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight (training session is very hard without luck, feel free to cheat there, modify spells.txt and put Fire_arrow damage to 1200. Easy cheat and then you can manage training session unless want to try many times until have good enough luck with enemies)
- No use of wanderer spells, they are only for sale

Feel free to add more challenge modifying boss strength on logic.txt

bossatk=2.6|2.6|2.6|2.6
bosshp=5.2|5.2|5.2|5.2

lbournas
01-31-2017, 04:08 PM
Hello, I am new here. I have just finished Red Sands in impossible and I was really excited to find your extended version. But I can't find a link to download it. Any chance that it is still available please :)

lbournas
02-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Hello, I just found this forum and I was really excited to try the extended version of Red Sands (I have just finished Red Sands in Impossible and I loved it). But I can't find a link anywhere. Can someone help me please?

lbournas
02-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Can someone tell me where I can download this extended version please ? I would really like to try it. Thanks

Belcanzor
02-17-2017, 01:35 AM
Can a savegame be used if I update "Ultimate Challenge"?
Thanks for your work.
Already post this in another thread, sorry mi insistence.
Edit: Pirates are now some sort of gardener (with 90hp?? and same recruit points) or my game as bug?

Ruthless Reuban
02-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Can a savegame be used if I update "Ultimate Challenge"?
Thanks for your work.
Already post this in another thread, sorry mi insistence.

Few modifications may work if using save game. But basically you must start new game for this ultimate challenge.

raknefne
02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Where can this mod be downloaded these days? I'd love to play it Again, I only played it for a few hours when it came out. Any got links? :)

Ruthless Reuban
02-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Where can this mod be downloaded these days? I'd love to play it Again, I only played it for a few hours when it came out. Any got links? :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom027kg8oc24/Red+Sands+Extended_0813.rar

raknefne
02-18-2017, 10:09 AM
thx!

btw why was it removed? Has it to do with WoTn, they use the same creature exp system or is it because it cost to have it stored at a server??

Also I wonder how people level up the Familiar. Was thinking Titan (health) is important to make it stay alive, but Speed just 1 point is good too to make it stay alive. What do you develop early on?

Ruthless Reuban
02-18-2017, 05:20 PM
thx!

btw why was it removed? Has it to do with WoTn, they use the same creature exp system or is it because it cost to have it stored at a server??

Also I wonder how people level up the Familiar. Was thinking Titan (health) is important to make it stay alive, but Speed just 1 point is good too to make it stay alive. What do you develop early on?

What was removed?

For Asmadeo, most important skills are Accelerated metabolism, Vampirism and Beholder rage. After those, Titan and Tireless.

For Speed, 2/4 is enough and Elan 2/3 is enough. Carapace and Elemental mastery also helps.

Remember that Asmadeo gets Defence experience when taking damage.

And yes, at beginning Asmadeo dies all the time but he will get stronger quite soon if played right.

raknefne
02-18-2017, 06:15 PM
I mean the download link for Red Sand at start of thread - it was removed. I did get the link from u afterwards. And it works fine. I especially like the Asmadeo. I do find that there are too many enemies so far (just at Debir now).

Ruthless Reuban
02-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Edit: Pirates are now some sort of gardener (with 90hp?? and same recruit points) or my game as bug?

That's not a bug IMO.

Ruthless Reuban
02-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Hello, I am new here. I have just finished Red Sands in impossible and I was really excited to find your extended version. But I can't find a link to download it. Any chance that it is still available please :)

There you go http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom027kg8oc24/Red+Sands+Extended_0813.rar

Ruthless Reuban
02-18-2017, 06:31 PM
I mean the download link for Red Sand at start of thread - it was removed. I did get the link from u afterwards. And it works fine. I especially like the Asmadeo. I do find that there are too many enemies so far (just at Debir now).

Cannot say about that but as whole starting post was removed, also download link was naturally gone.

Without my Ultimate challenge mod, Debir is piece of cake. And well, it is with my mod also, as real challenge begins on Montero.

raknefne
02-18-2017, 06:38 PM
It is still better fights/harder than original Debir. It is perfect it is a lot easier in beginning, and harder later - better than the other way around like in Darkside.
Are you part of the team making this mod, Reuban?
So far, I enjoy it. In the Hylfire mod, which Terroin and I made, we used companions like the Familiar. But without the talent choice after leveling the Familiar up - instead there are 7 different ones. And a different system. But fun to play this Red Sand.

Ruthless Reuban
02-18-2017, 06:40 PM
It is still better fights/harder than original Debir.
Are you part of the team making this mod, Reuban?
So far, I enjoy it. In the Hylfire mod, which Terroin and I made, we used companions like the Familiar. But without the talent choice after leveling the Familiar up - instead there are 7 different ones. And a different system. But fun to play this Red Sand.

No, I'm not part of Red Sands team or anything and so I only adjusted some difficulty settings to make this mod "hard enough".

raknefne
02-19-2017, 09:48 AM
I noticed the red sand team also made an extreme red sand, with 400% creatures...

is the normal red sand too easy because of the Familiar? Or have you just "played too much", too good. Have you tried my Hylfire mod? More challenging than normal WoTn Ice'nfire.

How much land in red sand is altered? Noticed a lot of been changed on Debir (not passed that one yet). I'm not impressed by the looks of the new landscape... but the familiar is very good modding!! And interesting altered creature skills. Maurauder can be dangerous to fight with the change position talent...

Ruthless Reuban
02-19-2017, 03:53 PM
I noticed the red sand team also made an extreme red sand, with 400% creatures...

is the normal red sand too easy because of the Familiar? Or have you just "played too much", too good. Have you tried my Hylfire mod? More challenging than normal WoTn Ice'nfire.

How much land in red sand is altered? Noticed a lot of been changed on Debir (not passed that one yet). I'm not impressed by the looks of the new landscape... but the familiar is very good modding!! And interesting altered creature skills. Maurauder can be dangerous to fight with the change position talent...

Normal Red Sands is way too easy IMO. Red Sands Extreme is also not too hard as you can easily see from settings (Red Sands Extreme vs Ultimate Challenge mod 2, Impossible difficulty):

exp=1.9 vs 14.0
alead=3.0 vs 6.8
spexp=1.3 vs 5.2
money=0.5 vs 0.4
rage=0.7 vs 0.1
manarage=0.5 vs 0.1

Haven't tried those mods yet, I'm still busy with my own mod ;)

I like landscape and familiar is useful but gets arse kicked very easily (at least on my mod).

Belcanzor
03-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Impressive mod, huge and well made. Are you a game maker?
I m lvl 50, still cant do elven castle. Using Red Sands Extended_0813. And thats a good thing :)
Like the changes in medals, there is a minor bug with 3 of them, but cannot find the right file to fix that.
Congratulations and I hope to play more of your mods if you still work on some other chapter.

ecania
04-03-2017, 04:05 PM

All the islands are altered, except the island you land on if you do the Red Sand questline also death and demon island not altered.
Also made a new island.
Thanks Belcanzor, and Im not a game maker.

Ruthless Reuban
04-20-2017, 08:20 PM
I decided to make another version for difficulty mod, this time there are much more difficulty adjustments. Currently under testing, beginning feels very hard, just like it should be. It's possible that some later fights are not hard but impossible, but that's somewhat difficult to say yet. New version will be published when I can say first islands are what I like and later islands are quickly tested.

Ruthless Reuban
04-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Due to serious limitation/bug on editor, v3 is scrapped.

v4 does some things differently.

Ruthless Reuban
04-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Much bigger overhaul this time. Now this should be so hard that player is required to use every means available to complete game. Just like Impossible difficulty description puts it.

General:

- Amelie gets more leadership from levelup (returned to normal)
- Leadership gained from banners decreased a lot (returned to normal)
- More starting crystals (because Asmadeo "dies" a lot at beginning)
- Bit more starting mana and rage
- Spell book size is now about 1000 (practically unlimited)
- Asmadeo slightly better

To make first islands better balanced:

- Much more money (0.7 vs normal 0.4)
- Experience divisor 14.2 (was 14.0)
- Enemy strength 7.0 (was 6.6)
- Pet dragon experience 6.4 (was 5.2)

Location changes:

- Shettera and Reha are now much harder
- Blue collar tomb Magic spring next to trader could no longer give +11 defense

Spell changes:

- Phantom spell slightly weaker
- Call of nature mana cost decreased
- Slow spell mana cost increased

Army changes:

- Legendary Phoenix has much less defence and health

Rules same as before

- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight, including Mages tower fights. Note that Asmadeo cannot "die".
- Completing training session in Debir start is very hard without luck, feel free to use cheats there. Perhaps easiest way is to modify config/spells.txt and modify spell_fire_arrow damage to 1200. Remember to mod it back to 70 after completing training.
- No use of wanderer spells

Install:

- Install Red Sands extended (can be loaded from http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom027kg8oc24/Red+Sands+Extended_0813.rar )
- Make backup of ...red_sands\ directory
- Zip file now contains four directories. Extract all directories to ...red_sands\ directory (so that files on directories overwrite old files) and overwrite
- Start new game

robizeratul
06-28-2017, 05:30 PM
how do I actually install this mod ? I have downloaded the file, but there's no guide there...

Ruthless Reuban
06-28-2017, 05:40 PM
how do I actually install this mod ? I have downloaded the file, but there's no guide there...

Extract red_sands directory to

...Kings Bounty Crossworlds GOTY\sessions

Start game and choose Red Sands campaign.

robizeratul
06-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Game works now, played it and it's OK.

One problem. Can't get camera to work. Battle camera works fine, but exploration camera doesn't. I can't get it to work in the normal game either,don't know why.

I have this: mod_cw13_orcs_eng_camera in the redsands/mods folder. But it seems like it doesn't work. How to fix it? Can't play with stupid standard camera, makes my head hurt...

orlandu21
08-11-2017, 11:22 AM
I have the map in my inventory and I have searched all of Scarlet and have not found the treasure. Does anybody know the location of it because the picture the map provides doesn't help?

Ruthless Reuban
08-11-2017, 03:34 PM
See attached pictures.

orlandu21
08-11-2017, 11:15 PM
See attached pictures.
Ok, those locations are for the large and small chest for the contraband quest. I am talking about the treasure location from the map taken from one of the 4 bottles you have to find for the bottled consequence quest.

Ruthless Reuban
08-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Ok, those locations are for the large and small chest for the contraband quest. I am talking about the treasure location from the map taken from one of the 4 bottles you have to find for the bottled consequence quest.

It seems that Evil Sea Hall is built right over that place where Von Hausen's treasure should be. So nothing you can do if playing Red Sands extended.

orlandu21
08-14-2017, 01:52 AM
It seems that Evil Sea Hall is built right over that place where Von Hausen's treasure should be. So nothing you can do if playing Red Sands extended.
Well, that is too bad. You usually get a good item from that. On a different note would you happen to have a list of the new items Red Sands Extended adds?

Ruthless Reuban
08-14-2017, 07:51 AM
Well, that is too bad. You usually get a good item from that. On a different note would you happen to have a list of the new items Red Sands Extended adds?

I might later check with editor if that could easily be fixed.

I have many of those items on my current playthrough, but no definitive list of all.

orlandu21
08-14-2017, 11:06 AM
I might later check with editor if that could easily be fixed.

I have many of those items on my current playthrough, but no definitive list of all.
Would you happen to know what a unit named Mechnikov is? I have the commander's cloak and it gives -10% leadership for that unit along with guardsmen, knights, paladins, and cavalry.

Ruthless Reuban
08-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Would you happen to know what a unit named Mechnikov is? I have the commander's cloak and it gives -10% leadership for that unit along with guardsmen, knights, paladins, and cavalry.

Swordmen.

orlandu21
08-15-2017, 04:35 AM
Swordmen.
Thanks for all the quick replies, but I have another question for you. I downloaded your ultimate challenge v4 and wanted to know if it adjusted the enemy strength only or if it also altered the gold, rage, and dragon? From what I can tell impossible enemy strength is 400% but is gold still 50%, rage 70%, and dragon 70%?

Ruthless Reuban
08-15-2017, 04:58 AM
Thanks for all the quick replies, but I have another question for you. I downloaded your ultimate challenge v4 and wanted to know if it adjusted the enemy strength only or if it also altered the gold, rage, and dragon? From what I can tell impossible enemy strength is 400% but is gold still 50%, rage 70%, and dragon 70%?

Those descriptions when starting new game are not altered so that info is false. These are Ultimate challenge v4 settings with Impossible as percentages:

Enemy strength 700%
Gold 70%
Rage 10%
Dragon 15%
(Experience 7%)

Also Reha and Shettera enemies are much harder.

orlandu21
08-15-2017, 05:56 AM
Those descriptions when starting new game are not altered so that info is false. These are Ultimate challenge v4 settings with Impossible as percentages:

Enemy strength 700%
Gold 70%
Rage 10%
Dragon 15%
(Experience 7%)

Also Reha and Shettera enemies are much harder.
I see that experience is 7% is that for the dragon or for Amelie? Also if I wanted to mess with those percentages what file/s would I go to?

Ruthless Reuban
08-15-2017, 11:13 AM
I see that experience is 7% is that for the dragon or for Amelie? Also if I wanted to mess with those percentages what file/s would I go to?

Dragon EXP is 15% and Amelie 7%.

Look for config/logic.txt

exp=4.0|4.0|4.0|14.2 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà ãåðîÿ
alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|7.0 // êîýô. ëèäåðñòâà âðàãà
spexp=1.8|1.8|1.8|6.4 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà äóõîâ ÿðîñòè
money=0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã
rage=0.7|0.7|0.7|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ÿðîñòè â áîþ
manarage=0.5|0.5|0.5|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ìàíû íà êàðòå, à äëÿ ÿðîñòè ñêîðîñòè ïàäåíèÿ

orlandu21
08-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Dragon EXP is 15% and Amelie 7%.

Look for config/logic.txt

exp=4.0|4.0|4.0|14.2 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà ãåðîÿ
alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|7.0 // êîýô. ëèäåðñòâà âðàãà
spexp=1.8|1.8|1.8|6.4 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà äóõîâ ÿðîñòè
money=0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã
rage=0.7|0.7|0.7|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ÿðîñòè â áîþ
manarage=0.5|0.5|0.5|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ìàíû íà êàðòå, à äëÿ ÿðîñòè ñêîðîñòè ïàäåíèÿ
I am a little confused on how to adjust those settings. I would like to keep the enemy strength and money as is, but change the rage and dragon to 50. As for Amelie's exp, I have never seen it referenced in any mod so I don't know what the original setting for it was, but as long as I can get close to max level with the 7% that's fine.

Looking at the percents the only one that makes sense is the money string - 0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 because the 0.7 could mean 70% but all the other numbers I don't know how they add up to the percentages you posted.

Any help with adjusting this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Ruthless Reuban
08-15-2017, 02:20 PM
I am a little confused on how to adjust those settings. I would like to keep the enemy strength and money as is, but change the rage and dragon to 50. As for Amelie's exp, I have never seen it referenced in any mod so I don't know what the original setting for it was, but as long as I can get close to max level with the 7% that's fine.

Looking at the percents the only one that makes sense is the money string - 0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 because the 0.7 could mean 70% but all the other numbers I don't know how they add up to the percentages you posted.

Any help with adjusting this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

spexp and exp are divisors. So Dragon to "50%" (0.5) would be 1/0.5 = 2.

6.4 means it's 1/6.4 = 0.15625, that is "15%".

With exp 14.2 setting achieving max level (you mean 50) may be very hard (impossible?) to achieve as I also tweaked exp table so that after level 35 much more experience is needed for levelup.

Other than exp and spexp are multipliers so alead=7.0 means 700% stronger enemies, money=0.7 is 70% money, rage=0.1 is 10% rage and manarage=0.1 means speedy rage and mana loss outside combat.

orlandu21
08-16-2017, 01:27 AM
spexp and exp are divisors. So Dragon to "50%" (0.5) would be 1/0.5 = 2.

6.4 means it's 1/6.4 = 0.15625, that is "15%".

With exp 14.2 setting achieving max level (you mean 50) may be very hard (impossible?) to achieve as I also tweaked exp table so that after level 35 much more experience is needed for levelup.

Other than exp and spexp are multipliers so alead=7.0 means 700% stronger enemies, money=0.7 is 70% money, rage=0.1 is 10% rage and manarage=0.1 means speedy rage and mana loss outside combat.
Thanks for all the info. You are one of the few people who I have come across who actually help those whose ask to adjust their mods. Instead of telling people to just make their own.

Ruthless Reuban
08-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Thanks for all the info. You are one of the few people who I have come across who actually help those whose ask to adjust their mods. Instead of telling people to just make their own.

Modders may do what they want with mods they have made. I do this my way, others may do their way.

Ruthless Reuban
09-24-2017, 07:46 PM
I played until late game with Ultimate challenge file modified v4, game was hard but not hard enough. Based on my experiences, I made following changes from v4:

General:

Less leadership from levelup
Much less k_lead (=leadership from banners)
Less starting rage
Less starting intelligence
Asmadeo gets bit more health and bit less attack/defence per levelup
Asmadeo skills got slight modification
Starting gold increased by 10000, use it wisely
Experience divisor upped to 18 (was 14.2)
Money reduced to 0.5 (was 0.7)
Pet dragon experience divisor lowered to 6.2 (was 6.4)
Manarage upped back to normal levels (0.4) as previous value made rage drop even too quickly (was 0.1)

Amelie changes:

Amelie item slots are now much more versatile to allow quite radical item loadouts and also to balance less leadership. Slot icons are what they are but you can see what fits into slots. Not to mention offer something new so that I have more motivation trying this again :)

Companion changes:

Elenhel now gives +8 intellect

Spell changes:

- Many spells mana cost increased

Rules same as before

- Play as Mage
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight, including Mages tower fights. Note that Asmadeo cannot "die".
- Completing training session in Debir start is very hard without luck, feel free to use cheats there. Perhaps easiest way is to modify config/spells.txt and modify spell_fire_arrow damage to 1200. Remember to mod it back to 70 after completing training.
- No use of wanderer spells, you may still sell them

To clarify what I said earlier about "use all means available". It does not include luring enemies away from hard_to_get navigation charts (those guards that require you to go Very close), this mod should be playable without using that trick. However you quite probably need to gather navigation charts from "easy" locations. To make this more clear, there are no heavily guarded charts on Debir but at least two charts (depending on randomness) on Scarlett wind (near castle) are those hard_to_get type.

That "all means available" also does not include excess stuff kiting from "hard_to_avoid_enemies" caves. Again to make it clear, White crystal cave and Magic circle cave are "easy" while Old mist cave is "hard".

As always, rules I said above are rules I'm playing this mod with. If you want to create your own rules, go ahead. It's not my problem how others want to play my mod as I primarily made it for myself.

Install:

- Install Red Sands extended (can be loaded from http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom027kg8oc24/Red+Sands+Extended_0813.rar )
- Zip file now contains four directories. Extract all directories to ...red_sands\ directory (so that files on directories overwrite old files) and overwrite
- Start new game

Elektra
01-24-2018, 06:36 PM
believe it or not - there are still some ppl playing this:grin:

choum
02-05-2018, 11:29 AM
yes, i began a new party with redsands extended yesterday ;) no played KB for 2 years

choum
02-05-2018, 11:32 AM
believe it or not - there are still some ppl playing this:grin:

yes i am héhé

Ruthless Reuban
02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
V5 was big step forward but I want more. So even more challenge now.

As usual, changes are relative to v5.

General changes:

Slightly less k_lead (=leadership from banners)
Experience divisor upped to 22 (was 18.0)
Pet dragon experience divisor lowered to 6.0 (from 6.2)
Money upped to to 0.6 (from 0.5)
Sligtly higher alead (7.7 from 7.0)
Modified exp table: Experience requirements for next level are not so linear now
Modified Leadtable: Enemy troops are generally bit stronger, late enemies much stronger
Manarage is back to normal, 0.5
Legendary Phoenix, Rune Mage and King Harl leadership upped a bit

Pet Dragon changes:

Pet dragon useless abilities (Dragon dive etc) got major boost.
Some other dragon other abilities also got boost (crushing blow, treasure searcher etc)

Asmadeo changes:

Purpose of following is to make Asmadeo less powerful on mid game but still strong on late game

Asmadeo attack and defence levelup experience requirements modified and more levels available
Asmadeo gets more attack, defence, damage and health from levelup
Asmadeo released bonus is now 20% (was 15%)
Asmadeo now requires 4 skill levelups instead of 3 to get new level

Amelie changes:

Amelie skill tree rune costs modified, some (previously useless because too expensive) early skills are very cheap, some other costs are different too
Item loadout even more versatile
Amelie medal requirements slightly modified

Companion changes:

-

Spell changes:

- Some spells slightly modified

Location changes:

- Nameless "ghost ship" is now much stronger

Rules same as before

- Play as Mage
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight, including Mage's tower fights. Note that Asmadeo cannot "die".
- Completing training session in Debir start is very hard without luck, feel free to use cheats there. Perhaps easiest way is to modify config/spells.txt and modify spell_fire_arrow damage to 1400. Remember to mod it back to 70 after completing training.
- No use of wanderer spells, you may still sell them

To clarify what I said earlier about "use all means available". It does not include luring enemies away from hard_to_get navigation charts (those guards that require you to go Very close), this mod should be playable without using that trick. However you quite probably need to gather navigation charts from "easy" locations. To make this more clear, there are no heavily guarded charts on Debir but at least two charts (depending on randomness) on Scarlett wind (near castle) are those hard_to_get type.

That "all means available" also does not include excess stuff kiting from "hard_to_avoid_enemies" caves. Again to make it clear, White crystal cave and Magic circle cave are "easy" while Old mist cave is "hard".

As always, rules I said above are rules I'm playing this mod with. If you want to create your own rules, go ahead. It's not my problem how others want to play my mod as I primarily made it for myself.

Install:

- Start new game

Sirlancelot
03-30-2018, 04:56 AM
Hello, I'm new to this mod and want to experience it properly. I have downloaded Red Sands Extended 0813 but can't find the installation instructions. Where is the documentation?

Also, a question. Does this mod make the game harder? How?

I'm not interested in zero losses challenges. If zero losses are possible, then the game to my eyes is easy.

PD: Why the OP states that the mod is cancelled?

Ruthless Reuban
03-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Just extract red_sands directory to .../Kings Bounty Crossworlds/sessions directory and start game. Select Red sands campaign.

It makes harder by introducing new units to enemy. But easier as you can also use them. You may try included Ultimate challenge file or my modified Ultimate challenges.

Zero losses is possible with included Ultimate challenge file if you know what to do. If you want challenge, then use my Ultimate Challenge file modified v6. It is hard even when not playing no losses challenge.

This mod would need some updates to work better but those updates are not coming, that's why it's cancelled.

Berserk333
08-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Is it worth playing with Asmadeo on the Ultimate challenge mode? It seems like he's leveling too slow while the enemies are getting much stronger. Also getting the most exp with him from every battle takes alot of time.
And some spells are bugged with him, like he doesnt get more exp from killing pigmy enemies and attacking targets with mark of blood actually gives him x2 less expirience than normal.

orlandu21
01-04-2019, 07:18 AM
I am trying to increase the amount of crystals needed to revive Asmadeo but I can't find the file that has the information I am looking for. If anybody knows of the location please let me know it would be a great help to my play through.

Ruthless Reuban
12-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Is it worth playing with Asmadeo on the Ultimate challenge mode? It seems like he's leveling too slow while the enemies are getting much stronger. Also getting the most exp with him from every battle takes alot of time.
And some spells are bugged with him, like he doesnt get more exp from killing pigmy enemies and attacking targets with mark of blood actually gives him x2 less expirience than normal.

Stupid, I didn't get e-mail notifying about this reply.

I tried to make Ultimate challenge so hard that well developed Asmadeo is basically required to complete game. So one of main aspects of mod is to develop Asmadeo. And yes, it takes lot of time. Ultimate means Ultimate.

Mark of blood seems to be bugged then. No idea how to fix that one.

fc_bayern
08-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Ruthless Reuban your mod is crazy. How even is possible to pass the first battle of my training only with 5 paladins? Enemy has 12 bowmen, 16 swordsmen,32 marauders and so on. My paladins burn out only from a single arrow shot. I'm starting as a warrior and I'm going to adjust the difficulty something between your mod and the original.

Ruthless Reuban
08-11-2021, 03:02 PM
Ruthless Reuban your mod is crazy. How even is possible to pass the first battle of my training only with 5 paladins? Enemy has 12 bowmen, 16 swordsmen,32 marauders and so on. My paladins burn out only from a single arrow shot. I'm starting as a warrior and I'm going to adjust the difficulty something between your mod and the original.

As I clearly stated on rules, you must play with mage. Otherwise even training session might prove impossible. Training is not mandatory however. You can also use cheats.

Also because game is randomized, you might be f***d on training battle if there are "wrong" enemies. Start new game and hope better luck. It takes less than 30 seconds.

I agree that training battles are ultra hard but I have managed to get past all of them without losses so they are not impossible.

Feel free to adjust difficulty for your liking :)

fc_bayern
08-11-2021, 08:14 PM
As I clearly stated on rules, you must play with mage. Otherwise even training session might prove impossible. Training is not mandatory however. You can also use cheats.

Also because game is randomized, you might be f***d on training battle if there are "wrong" enemies. Start new game and hope better luck. It takes less than 30 seconds.

I agree that training battles are ultra hard but I have managed to get past all of them without losses so they are not impossible.

Feel free to adjust difficulty for your liking :)

I start again with the same stats and better enemies but only 2 paladins survive for the second training :) After all I take only 'locations' file from your mod because I like harder Rhea and Shettera; I'm not so experienced player to play it and also I like to try in battles some of the weaker units on the max level. I set my parameters:
exp=4.0
alead=4.0
spexp=4.0
money=0.4
rage=0.2
manarage=0.5
and the game runs perfectly. Also reduce starting gold up to 2000, cristals and spellbook space close to the original. The only thing I'm fixing during my game is logical corrections of some units because I don't like Cyclops to summon snakes and droids or Red Snakes without 10% fire protection and Green Snakes without 10% fire penalty. By the way last time I was playing Red sands was 5-6 years ago with 1.6 version and this fact keep my interest alive with some new locations.
By the way at level 1 I always take all leadership from banners in Debir and Bola. I noticed that using your mod it drops me 5to10 leadership per banner while using original Red sands - 10to20. I look through all files and data under blue, green and red flags are the same. Would you help me to find them because maybe I don't search in the right location? Banners drops too much leadership and I want to reduce it.

Ruthless Reuban
08-12-2021, 03:24 PM
I start again with the same stats and better enemies but only 2 paladins survive for the second training :) After all I take only 'locations' file from your mod because I like harder Rhea and Shettera; I'm not so experienced player to play it and also I like to try in battles some of the weaker units on the max level. I set my parameters:
exp=4.0
alead=4.0
spexp=4.0
money=0.4
rage=0.2
manarage=0.5
and the game runs perfectly. Also reduce starting gold up to 2000, cristals and spellbook space close to the original. The only thing I'm fixing during my game is logical corrections of some units because I don't like Cyclops to summon snakes and droids or Red Snakes without 10% fire protection and Green Snakes without 10% fire penalty. By the way last time I was playing Red sands was 5-6 years ago with 1.6 version and this fact keep my interest alive with some new locations.
By the way at level 1 I always take all leadership from banners in Debir and Bola. I noticed that using your mod it drops me 5to10 leadership per banner while using original Red sands - 10to20. I look through all files and data under blue, green and red flags are the same. Would you help me to find them because maybe I don't search in the right location? Banners drops too much leadership and I want to reduce it.

Two paladins is much more than one :rolleyes:

That's how it goes. Take what you need and leave/modify rest. Settings look quite balanced but somewhat easy. Cyclops snake summon is quite powerful, yes.

Banner experience is k_lead on logic.txt.

fc_bayern
08-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Two paladins is much more than one :rolleyes:

That's how it goes. Take what you need and leave/modify rest. Settings look quite balanced but somewhat easy. Cyclops snake summon is quite powerful, yes.

Banner experience is k_lead on logic.txt.

Haha. I would not forget to mention that there was more fun with your mod than the original. Lately I noticed how much you boost pet spells (from 2 to 4 times) and playing with warrior hero is even easier. I'm afraid that in late game you are going to kill the whole army casting one spell by your dragon. I just don't pay enough attention to this correction. :) I would advice you playing with Mage caracter to focus enhancing common spells than pet ones. Especially destructive spells are pathetic. And I'm telling you that fact NOT judging by my warrior hero and by trying a lot of mods by using mage caracter. Thank you for your help. Unfortunatelly those stupid and illogical units abilities are maden with purpose corresponding to the hero companions and fixing all of them means to make a clear new mod. I don't have time for this and going to play as they are.

Ruthless Reuban
08-12-2021, 04:41 PM
Haha. I would not forget to mention that there was more fun with your mod than the original. Lately I noticed how much you boost pet spells (from 2 to 4 times) and playing with warrior hero is even easier. I'm afraid that in late game you are going to kill the whole army casting one spell by your dragon. I just don't pay enough attention to this correction. :) I would advice you playing with Mage caracter to focus enhancing common spells than pet ones. Especially destructive spells are pathetic. And I'm telling you that fact NOT judging by my warrior hero and by trying a lot of mods by using mage caracter. Thank you for your help. Unfortunatelly those stupid and illogical units abilities are maden with purpose corresponding to the hero companions and fixing all of them means to make a clear new mod. I don't have time for this and going to play as they are.

Pet dragon was adjusted for much higher a_lead. You can "fix" it by removing mod_pet_atom.kfs from Mods folder. No need to start new game and then it's like on Red sands.

Destructive spells are pathetic on purpose. Not very ultimate challenge if just using few spells destroy everything :-P

Sadly, it's quite time consuming modding games. I know this but it's also rewarding. Glad you like my changes.

Ruthless Reuban
11-09-2022, 09:41 PM
After switching to Windows 10 (many years ago), King's Bounty Crossworlds no longer worked. I basically forgot this game but few months ago I tried again and this time game worked for some reason. Some caves were buggy but Windows 7 compatibility solved that. I continued my years old save (Ultimate Challenge 6) and so far almost all seems to be good. Some issues and workarounds:

- Tower of Eventus is (at least with my luck) impossible on Room of Fire (fifth floor) and afterwards. Not surprising because I wasn't able to modify it with editor. Solution: at level 37 cheating is allowed for Room of Fire, on level 38 same for Halls of Death and on level 39 same for Halls of Purest Life. Easiest cheating is probably: modify sessions\red_sands\config\spells.txt (take backup first) Armageddon for example, damage 5000000-7000000 and prc=0,0,0 is insta kill everything except your troops. For those thinking reaching level 37 is "too early", I can tell it requires huge effort since experience from battles is very low.

- Item Alukard works too well and I don't want to take any risk about breaking game disabling it hard way. Solution: Alukard works 5 times. After that it must be destroyed (having Neatness skill 1-3 is allowed).

- When King Harl reaches level 20 (gains enough experience for levelup from level 19 to 20), game crashes immediately. Solution: Put attached exp_system_cfg.txt into sessions\red_sands\exp_system and overwrite before King Harl is about to reach level 20. Levels 1-19 seem to work fine without it.

Still cannot be sure if endgame is too hard or not. It's very hard to balance this type of game to be ultra hard but not impossible. To be seen...

bofas75
11-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Hello everyone. I want to share my experience and ask for help. First of all, thanks for the mod. Very impressed with the work done. The underground caves are great. As for the balance, there are some nuances. I managed to get all the cards of new islands or those that are extremely important for further advancement without fighting, deceiving enemies through these dungeons. Already at level 12, I received dragons and the necessary spells. Now, having returned to the debir, it just became boring to clear it. I would very much like to play at a super-impossible level with a 400% enemy. I would be grateful if they could explain to me how it can be connected. The Extended 0813 file I copied to red sends folder. But nothing is happening yet. Strength enemy still 240%

Ruthless Reuban
12-01-2022, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone. I want to share my experience and ask for help. First of all, thanks for the mod. Very impressed with the work done. The underground caves are great. As for the balance, there are some nuances. I managed to get all the cards of new islands or those that are extremely important for further advancement without fighting, deceiving enemies through these dungeons. Already at level 12, I received dragons and the necessary spells. Now, having returned to the debir, it just became boring to clear it. I would very much like to play at a super-impossible level with a 400% enemy. I would be grateful if they could explain to me how it can be connected. The Extended 0813 file I copied to red sends folder. But nothing is happening yet. Strength enemy still 240%

Hmm, email notifications do not work again.

To install "400% enemy difficulty", go to extended 0813 archive, open Ultimate Challenge File folder, copy files from there to (kbdirectory)/sessions/red_sands/config and start new game. Game may still show 240% strength however.

If that is still too easy, you may try 770% difficulty (it's ultra hard, be warned) http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showpost.php?p=717292&postcount=141

bofas75
12-03-2022, 06:23 AM
Thank you for your feedback. But I still have questions..
Firstly, how can I know that this is already 400% difficulty if it is not marked anywhere. By what signs? And how do I save my old saves, just in case. Since they will most likely be overwritten on the C drive.

Ruthless Reuban
12-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Thank you for your feedback. But I still have questions..
Firstly, how can I know that this is already 400% difficulty if it is not marked anywhere. By what signs? And how do I save my old saves, just in case. Since they will most likely be overwritten on the C drive.

Look at kbdirectory/sessions/red_sands/config/logic.txt

There is line like:

alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|4.0

That determines enemy strength for different difficulties. 4.0 = 400%. However you must start new game for that change to have any effect. Won't affect on old saves.

Your old saves should not be overwritten. You can backup them however, location is %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Crossworlds\$save

bofas75
12-06-2022, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the answer. I'm already playing. It looks like it's 400%, although I downloaded the file in the second link and hoped to get 700% difficulty. But for some reason it didn't overwrite. Nothing 400% is also very good. .By the way, the Ultimate Challenge 6.zip folder contains yellow folders, these are not kfs. So where should they be placed? I did it in the \sessions\red_sands\red_sands folder. Maybe I did something wrong?...

Ruthless Reuban
12-06-2022, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the answer. I'm already playing. It looks like it's 400%, although I downloaded the file in the second link and hoped to get 700% difficulty. But for some reason it didn't overwrite. Nothing 400% is also very good. .By the way, the Ultimate Challenge 6.zip folder contains yellow folders, these are not kfs. So where should they be placed? I did it in the \sessions\red_sands\red_sands folder. Maybe I did something wrong?

That 400% should overwrite files, unless you have already done that. Paste all files into red_sands/config folder.

For Ultimate Challenge 6, paste all folders in red_sands directory and it will overwrite. Do not make new red_sands folder but use that /sessions/red_sands folder. In folder where you see config folder among others. So correct folder should be \sessions\red_sands, not \sessions\red_sands\red_sands.

bofas75
12-09-2022, 12:29 PM
How can I increase the speed of restoration of the hero's magical power? It is very annoying to wait for 30 minutes.

Ruthless Reuban
12-09-2022, 08:56 PM
How can I increase the speed of restoration of the hero's magical power? It is very annoying to wait for 30 minutes.

Fastest way is to use cheat command, http://www.cheatbook.de/files/kingsbountylegend.htm

Open console and type: mana (and press enter)

Mana refills immediately.

bofas75
12-12-2022, 07:27 AM
Yes, it looks like there is no other way out. Although I tried to play without losses. I started playing at 400% difficulty. Now the hero is level 11. Leadership is about 2500 units. Mana is 78 units. Rage is 16 units. teasing and hope is missing. There are no prerequisites. For example, there are not enough necessary spells (for example, invisibility or sacrifice). This despite the fact that I managed to find almost all the cards through the dungeons. But the assortment of shops there is also not impressive. When I talk about one-sidedness, this is concerns not only the composition of the units. (I really wanted to try new creatures and new skills of the old ones). Of the ones I liked, so far only a malstorm (but hmmm ...., only 4 copies). Damn, I can’t buy them anywhere from almost 7 islands. One-sidedness also applies to AI. When you encounter hordes of inquisitors 7 times in a row, who can now inflict huge astral fire damage (hmm ....). So give the necessary spells to balance them, to neutralize them. Well, I bought it witches and dark griffins. But when this continues from time to time, it becomes boring due to a lack of scenario solutions. Fire and lake dragons now, for some reason, began to fly over the rubble on the map and marauders learned how to move creatures (Hmm..) .And the feature of pirates to call thorns is something. In general, I realized that I can move forward with the help of certain tactics. But I still get bored. And of course, thanks to you and the developers. The work is great.

Ruthless Reuban
12-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Yes, it looks like there is no other way out. Although I tried to play without losses. I started playing at 400% difficulty. Now the hero is level 11. Leadership is about 2500 units. Mana is 78 units. Rage is 16 units. teasing and hope is missing. There are no prerequisites. For example, there are not enough necessary spells (for example, invisibility or sacrifice). This despite the fact that I managed to find almost all the cards through the dungeons. But the assortment of shops there is also not impressive. When I talk about one-sidedness, this is concerns not only the composition of the units. (I really wanted to try new creatures and new skills of the old ones). Of the ones I liked, so far only a malstorm (but hmmm ...., only 4 copies). Damn, I can’t buy them anywhere from almost 7 islands. One-sidedness also applies to AI. When you encounter hordes of inquisitors 7 times in a row, who can now inflict huge astral fire damage (hmm ....). So give the necessary spells to balance them, to neutralize them. Well, I bought it witches and dark griffins. But when this continues from time to time, it becomes boring due to a lack of scenario solutions. Fire and lake dragons now, for some reason, began to fly over the rubble on the map and marauders learned how to move creatures (Hmm..) .And the feature of pirates to call thorns is something. In general, I realized that I can move forward with the help of certain tactics. But I still get bored. And of course, thanks to you and the developers. The work is great.

If you want no losses game, it's really not for trying new creatures. I can say there are not many creatures that are really useful. Playing 770%+ difficulty there are very few good units tbh. I have almost completed 770%+ game and have never used sacrifice or invisibility. They are not mandatory.

I think Inquisitors do fire damage when using that fire disaster whatever it was skill. I give you hints if you want but basically Inquisitors are pretty easy to (mostly) neutralize even without spells.

Fire and lake dragonflies can fly over rubble on terrain. Marauders among some other creatures have infernal exchange that changes positions of any two troops.

If it gets boring, there's nothing I can do for that but if you want tips for surviving no losses game, I can give some.

bofas75
12-13-2022, 07:31 AM
Yes, of course, thanks. I would be very grateful for the tips. If this is not considered a spoiler. And I also forgot to say Asmadeo is completely useless due to his slow development. In the Russian version, he learns much faster. I just removed him because he occupied the necessary slot.And my tactic is to first use the phoenix and the dragon of chaos, neutralizing the magician and finishing off the remains by turning them into stones with the help of gorgons. If there are other tips, I'm ready to listen.

Ruthless Reuban
12-13-2022, 05:48 PM
Yes, of course, thanks. I would be very grateful for the tips. If this is not considered a spoiler. And I also forgot to say Asmadeo is completely useless due to his slow development. In the Russian version, he learns much faster. I just removed him because he occupied the necessary slot.And my tactic is to first use the phoenix and the dragon of chaos, neutralizing the magician and finishing off the remains by turning them into stones with the help of gorgons. If there are other tips, I'm ready to listen.

Don't ditch Asmadeo. He develops quite slowly but is ultra useful later. Also remember Asmedeo receives experience when he gets damage.

Main tips are of course creatures you should use. I would say best creatures for no losses challenge have at least one (preferably all) of following:

1. Durable and easy to heal
2. Can summon
3. Can disable enemy units
4. Can help Asmadeo development
5. Can resurrect

I can give you list of units that fit into those but perhaps you want to figure them out yourself? List probably takes away some enjoyment...

Generally on fights you want to disable enemies until you can get rid of biggest threats. Another good tactic is to use terrain as advantage and let summons take care of rest.

bofas75
12-17-2022, 07:10 AM
You do not know by the way how many battles to hold in Kif Asisa? I have the second day there defending, and the experience does not rise. Rather gained certainly, but tiny. For example, more than thirty battles on the logic of a new level should be. And he's still not here.Not only that the same type of troops and mopping up them awfully boring.

Ruthless Reuban
12-17-2022, 01:15 PM
You do not know by the way how many battles to hold in Kif Asisa? I have the second day there defending, and the experience does not rise. Rather gained certainly, but tiny. For example, more than thirty battles on the logic of a new level should be. And he's still not here.Not only that the same type of troops and mopping up them awfully boring.

Kef Aziza cave have total like 40 fights or something like that, counting South wing and north wing too.

Kef Aziza cave is great to develop Asmadeo. Low experience don't matter so much.

As for being boring, Red Sands extended is long campaign, should not get boring so quickly. But yes, no losses challenge may be boring since there is not many troops you actually can use.