PDA

View Full Version : Tacview for CoD?

Vyrtuoz
03-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Question to IL-2 Sturmovik: CoD developers:

Greetings,

I'm Vyrtuoz, the creator of Tacview. A flight analysis tool you probably heard about: http://tacview.strasoftware.com

I always wanted to support IL2 to see how modern flight analysis can improve WWII pilots' skills. But since IL2 data export abilities were reduced to the minimum I was not able to create flight recordings for Tacview by the past.

Will CoD offer more data export capabilities? For example, will it be easy to get aircrafts' coordinates through a script or a SDK?

It is possible to grant me access to a private beta or to a dedicated SDK so I can write an add-on to support CoD for its launch? (I can sign a NDA if required)

Best regards,
Vyrtuoz

(Sorry to post this request here, I haven't found another way to reach the dev team. You can reply by PM or email if required)

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Wow, nice program Vyrtuoz, I wasn't aware of it.

Blackdog_kt
03-01-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't know how easy it would be to work with it in a WWII setting (a lot more maneuvering than in a jet sim, due to only having guns and not missiles), but it would be awesome to have a means of analyzing our flights and learning from our mistakes. Plus, it will also come in handy in the future if we get the korean war expansion.

We do already have tracks, but it would still be nice to have a "dry", scientific-like interface without all the pretty ingame graphics to distract us from our analysis :-P

This looks like an awesome job and i'm very glad we have guys like you who are putting in work for free to enhance the hobby for the rest of us. It's not worth much coming from me, but if i was part of the dev team i would definitely try to get you a beta version so you can start working on it ;)

swiss
03-01-2011, 01:51 AM
if the coordinates are accessible I hope only in tracks.
Realtime would be bad, really bad.

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 01:57 AM
if the coordinates are accessible I hope only in tracks.
Realtime would be bad, really bad.
Agreed. Apparently there's already some kind of cheat to detect bombers in Il-2, if one of the threads in this forum is correct. Let's not have these kinds of exploits available in CoD.

swiss
03-01-2011, 02:02 AM
They detect them by recording and watching the ntrk almost in realtime(my guess)

Royraiden
03-01-2011, 02:03 AM
I would like to have such feature,I hope the devs will get in contact with you.

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 02:06 AM
They detect them by recording and watching the ntrk almost in realtime(my guess)
Mmm, no, I don't think so. It was something to do with an action that's printed in the logfile for bombers, I think it was changing crew positions maybe?

Heliocon
03-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Reminds me alittle bit of AceCombat replay feature on the ps2...

Man that was a good game when I was 10 years old :-P

Erkki
03-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Mmm, no, I don't think so. It was something to do with an action that's printed in the logfile for bombers, I think it was changing crew positions maybe?

AFAIK 3 ways to do it... You cant really block more than 1 of them.

They all work with all planes btw but they're a problem especially with bombers in online campaigns. Against certain people keeping bombers alive can be very frustrating... ;)

norulz
03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank you for your direct interest in supporting Tacview for IL-2 CoD Vyrtuoz!!!

For the ones that are afraid of this. There are ways to secure this so it won't get abused online. There is no need to get scared and run in panic.

First. The exporting feature could be server side option. This would give ability to stop it for competition playing but enabling in training sessions where such tool is way better than a track as it gives the ability to read a lot of data and reverse/repeat an event till people understand what happened or what errors had been made.

Second, the data stream could be encrypted till the match is over or/and till player disconnects and receive automatically or manually the key to decrypt it.

Remember that in a track you don't see exactly how the opponent or you had exactly used the planes controls. You could see for example bad habits of your own... like crossing/messing controls or forgetting some engine management operations or you could observe great management for the part of your opponent thus learning and make your flying better.

Desertowl
05-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Hello all,

Is there anything new regarding implementation of TACVIEW with CLOD?
I used it in DCS black shark and it is a great tool.
I think it will be even much more efficient in a WWII-era sim like CLOD.

Best regards.

IvanK
05-07-2011, 05:56 AM
I have used TACVIEW in FC2 and found it an invaluable tool. It would be great to have this in CLOD. Perhaps getting in direct contact with Luthier would be the way to go.

AndyHill
05-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Tacview would be a fantastic tool for Il-2 in all its versions. iCoD is also MADE for exporting gauges for home cockpits or secondary screens, so I really hope good exports options are made one day. Currently, however, there are a lot more pressing matters to take care of, but I hope exports are on the to do -list.

Oesau
09-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Old thread I know, but would be good if this one day make it into TacView (support CLOD).

5./JG27.Farber
09-01-2012, 03:12 PM

Yes I heard of this also.

Tacview:

This program could be very useful for squads especially debriefing and training.

Desertowl
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Now that we have a final release, maybe it's time to promote the TACVIEW support...
I hope Vyrtuoz is reading these forums.

Vyrtuoz
11-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi guys, you know how I would like to support CoD! Do you know if the developers have released some kind of SDK or any documentations about how to access their flight data?