PDA

View Full Version : I... think the game is not saving correctly

Zechnophobe
02-17-2011, 02:38 AM
So here's the thing, the first time this happened I did the following:

1) Save game via menu
2) Do a bunch of things, using quick save.
3) Next day, go back to use the original, non quick save...
4) Non quick save from 1) Didn't exist.

But maybe I just forgot to save and only thought I did 1? This is what I assumed at the time.

But I just reproduced the problem again. I saved via the menu, changed zones and did some quick saving, closed the program. When I restart, the save game is not there.

Checking the actual save directory, it looks like nothing is there. Is it possible that when I save from the menu, it is putting it in as a quick save, which then gets overwritten? Dunno.

ckdamascus
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM
So here's the thing, the first time this happened I did the following:

1) Save game via menu
2) Do a bunch of things, using quick save.
3) Next day, go back to use the original, non quick save...
4) Non quick save from 1) Didn't exist.

But maybe I just forgot to save and only thought I did 1? This is what I assumed at the time.

But I just reproduced the problem again. I saved via the menu, changed zones and did some quick saving, closed the program. When I restart, the save game is not there.

Checking the actual save directory, it looks like nothing is there. Is it possible that when I save from the menu, it is putting it in as a quick save, which then gets overwritten? Dunno.

Might depend on how you are saving it from the main menu. If you click on an older saved game as you save from the menu, it will rename/overwrite that one as a feature.

If you just typing in a new name, it should make a new saved game. Maybe you are selecting an old Quicksave game but not renaming it when you do it via menu?