PDA

View Full Version : Whats first for you?

Biggs [CV]
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
As we get nearer the roll out of IL-2 COD I thought it would be fun to ask the question: What will you do first in the game?

I myself will take a single player test flight to get my controls situated........then I'm going bomber hunting. Whatever single player mission allows you to hunt some Heinkels or Stukas, thats what I wanna do first.
Then I'll practice some take offs and landings and start the British campaign.

Biggs
02-07-2011, 07:33 PM
O_o

weeeeeird... another "Biggs" that also like spitfires...

Dietger
02-07-2011, 07:36 PM
First, gettings the 1O9 off the ground (offline).
Same for the JU88.
Then looking for a MP fight to compare it to IL2.

S!

Royraiden
02-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Take the 109 for a test flight and admire the landscape, then loose control and start climbing/diving/barrel rolls /turning/stalling/shoot at stuff on the ground and then try to land on an open space.

LoBiSoMeM
02-07-2011, 08:01 PM
I'll enter in one full real server, get a Spit and try to blow out of the sky the first 109 that I see.

And will do that for the next years! Happy as in the first day!

Qpassa
02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Setup the hotas

Blackdog_kt
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I think i'll set realism options to maximum (except the externals, i'll keep those to snap pictures and show to my friends so that they get jealous and buy a copy as well :-P ) and just fire up QMB missions in succession for the first few hours, with a different aircraft each time, just to see the details in the new complex engine management and the various aircraft systems.

While doing so i will be able to gradually familiarize myself with the cockpits and decide what's best to map to keyboard and stick and what to use with the clickable interface, just to settle on a control scheme i'm comfortable with so that i won't have to fight against the interface on top of the bandits when i start flying combat.

Then i'll fly a couple of missions with some ground targets that shoot back, to see what happens when some of these systems in the aircraft are damaged and fail. Afterwards i'll do the same with and against some AI aircraft to see how easy or hard it is to manage it all during air combat, as well as to see the work done on the AI and the radio commands system.

I'll finally try my hand at the twin engined birds and then i'm ready to start a single player campaign until the first dedicated servers start popping up, after which i'll probably be dividing my time between offline and online.

Ravenous
02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
hehe, i actually think i'll start out with the 'Flight School' part of it:D
just to see if it goes through some things i'm not already familliar with in combat flight sims, and how the Tiger Moth handles :P

I guess the next thing i'll do is start up an MP match with a buddy of mine, go full switch and see who can get off the ground and kill the other guy with each of the fighters before a bomber-on-bomber duel using only the gunners:D

GnigruH
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
First I'm going to create an online pilot profile or whatever it's called.
I will name it: Adolf_Galland.
If it's already used (<unlikely)
will name it: Adolf_Galland_15
If it's already used
will name it: 88-oO0-AdOlF-GaLlAnD-0Oo-88
;-)

Meusli
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Setup the hotas

Me too! I am quite scared about that as well, it gets terribly complicated. I hope someone brings out a CH Profile pretty quickly.

minvid
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Jump into a spitfire and make a sightseeing flight over London.

Afterwards placing an order for a new graphic card. :rolleyes:

meplay
02-07-2011, 10:16 PM
First off think il take up a hurri, then a spit, on to the 109 and then check out the bomsight in the he111 and try n bomb somthing ;P

fireflyerz
02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
To fly down Pall Mall , loop the loop over Kensington and go directly to jail :rolleyes:

JAMF
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Get in the cockpit of the Tiger Moth
Look all around with TrackIR to get a good look at everything in and outside the aircraft
Manipulate the levers and switches in the cockpit, before starting the engine
Take the start-up procedures of a Moth to hand and use it to start the engine, take the Moth in a slow circle while testing the control surfaces and come to a stop.
Start the (once mentioned) live tutorial and experience it.

EAF51/155_TonyR
02-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll have to relearn to fly .

baronWastelan
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Take a squadron of Hurri's over the channel, home base set to Manston. Set QMB alt to 100m. Fly N @ 10 ft ASL, when within 500 yards of the cliff, give order to squadron to RTB. Sit back & watch the show.

Biggs
02-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Take a squadron of Hurri's over the channel, home base set to Manston. Set QMB alt to 100m. Fly N @ 10 ft ASL, when within 500 yards of the cliff, give order to squadron to RTB. Sit back & watch the show.

what, you mean watch the new and ultra realistic AI climb up and over the cliffs and land in an orderly fashion at Manston?

;)

hiro
02-08-2011, 02:21 AM
browse the goodies, play with the spit or 109 model that came w/ premium ed (j/k), watch all the videos (intro etc) the game has to offer.

Try to fly but spend 30 minutes on the ground, before realizing some detail like prime the pump or remove chocks.

Fly and just as soon as I get to 200 m off the ground; I realize I'm late for band practice and turn off the game, PC etc . . .

kendo65
02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Judging from recent posts concerning changes to FM accuracy and ac behaviour - and that for the first time I'll be using dedicated rudder pedals (and new CH stick and throttle), I'll be signing on for flight training in the Tiger Moth.

(Actually, the VERY first thing I think I'll do is fire up a quick mission - hit autopilot, switch on external view - and watch the action :) )

But, i'm going to make the most of what sounds like an excellent training package and try to get my wings - then wait for my posting....

...hope I get a Spitfire squadron ;)

knowing my luck - probably Blenheims!

kirq
02-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Launch quick mission and check out all types of tracers :rolleyes:

Matt255
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Start a quick mission with full realism settings with the 109 sitting on the airfield and me inside it, trying to get it airborne, without studying/setting up the controls (except for the throttle and joystick axes), using only the cockpit switches etc. (with the mouse, or however that's controlled).

Then i'll probably fly over the channel to britain (with no planes around), just to take a look at the terrain, ground-objects and stuff, then turn around to france and land at that airfield, if i still have fuel left.

That's pretty much what i'll do.

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Well, thankfully I have my Warthawg throttle and Cougar U2nxt joystick already programmed under TARGET, thanks to the control section screenshots that Oleg shared a few months ago. Hopefully I've correctly imagined that the "clickable cockpit" functionality so that my controls setup won't be too much different than Il2.

So, the first thing?

Full difficulty engine start, taxi, take-off and landing in my new Bf-109E3!

Then fly to London and see the City!

S!

Gunny

JG4_Helofly
02-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I will read the manual first, just to be able to start the engine and to know how to operate it properly. I donĀ“t want to end up with a damaged engine not knowing why :)

Winger
02-09-2011, 04:52 PM
First of all i configure my system and game graphic settings so i get the most eyecandy with still high performance. Then ill configure my controls and TIR-Sights and then get into a 109 and learn how to handle it and get the most performance out of it. Then simply flying around a bit (down low to feel the speed and see how my system performs). And lastly i hope theres a german campaign i can play and play it. Then when i got used to everything ill start looking for human enemiess in multiplayer (in my 109 of course).

Winger

Tree_UK
02-09-2011, 05:27 PM
My first mission is to Kill Spit girl before she releases a record or something.

BigPickle
02-09-2011, 05:33 PM
training, cant wait to check out the tiger moth :)

kikque
02-09-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm looking forward to a bit of low-level shipbusting in a Ju-88 (or 87 :))

I hope that RAF Warmwell is in the game so I can fly the Tiger Moth from there.

[RS]Boomer
02-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Flip a coin... Heads: 109, Tails: Spitfire, Lands on its side: Hurricane :) Then I am going to master that aircraft for a month:cool:

Damixu
02-09-2011, 07:37 PM
at first I am going to pry plastic box wrapper open with my over enthustiastic trembling hands...

...the rest will be modern virtual aviation history in the making for coming generations to marvel. :grin:

sg1221
02-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I'll probably rip through the control settings trying to get them close to my IL 2
settings then I'll jump in a plane and attempt to get off the ground which if I do
will certainly end in a crash and burn.
Then I'll open another beer , go back and properly set up the controls and get
into a training mission. :confused:

some of us never learn.....haste makes waste :rolleyes:

PeterPanPan
02-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I'll get stuck in right at the beginning, and try out the Tiger Moth. :)

Ltbear
02-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I will install the game, while doing that make a pot of coffe...

Then install Hostas..

Set the game max gfx, and 100% real

Then go to the FMB and Create my own airport somewhere far from any frontline, build it nice as good as i can get it.

Then i will launch the mission, choose the HE-111 and just browse through all the stations and check out everything relatet to fly and operate it.

Then fire up the engines, hopefully blown away by new effects, sounds etc.

After taxi to the runway i fill the cup with the fresh coffe, throttle up and "feel" the plane rolling and finaly take off. The rest of the trip i will climp, turn work the stations and at the end i will land and know if im going bomber or im hdg right back into a fighter...

Yes i have been waiting for the bomber part, that is what will "sell" this game to me..

LTbear

swiss
02-10-2011, 12:52 AM
I will crash, probably within the first 5 min. ;)

gonk
02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Dial in a nice summers day with scattered cloud at about 5000 ft. Then take the spitfire through its paces...Just to get that out of my system.. :grin:.
Next I will test the new tweaked flight model... ie low speed , ground effect, see if we get turbulence along the cliffs with a little wind, try testing collision with another plane's wing... fingers crossed it does not just explode or my wing just falls off... the list goes on and on... then after all that go to flight school and learn how to start it....:confused:

camel24hrs
02-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Grin from ear to ear!

Skoshi Tiger
02-10-2011, 06:00 AM
In the words of Lord Flashheart (my ROF callsign), I'm going to treat my kite like my woman.

Get in her at least five times a day and take her to heaven and back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644Ar2ZEp4A

Woof!

David198502
02-10-2011, 07:13 AM
install the game.take a bf109, try to get airborne on the french coast, try to find london admiring all the new details,praying my rig will not freeze,try to make it back and land,certainly ending with a crash.after that i will do exactly the same again.

Triggaaar
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
I shall do what any self respecting Luftwaffe Heinkel pilot would have done. I'll take off, then bomb the hell out of the Nazi scum in the base I just left.

Pierre@
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Whining and asking for the date of the release of upgrade patch v.1.01?..

Seriously, I am impatiently waiting for the skins templates!! Probably the first thing I'll have a look.

Gribbers
02-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I'll use FMB, set cloud height and weather. Then use the Tiger Moth to take off and configure HOTAS and then take a tour of the South East coast at about 3000m...

Then attempt a landing that'll probably end up with me skidding along the runway, crashing into a hangar and bailing out. :grin:

Fragal
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
My steps below,
1) throw a sicky from work
2) Buy Beer
3) Install whilst opening beer
4)graphics to max
5)Open another beer
6)Hit fly
7)crash
8)Hit fly again
9) realize i should probably drop graphic settings a bit
10) go online whilst opening another beer
11)enjoy whilst contemplating buying upgrades for comp

Feathered_IV
02-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Blow my nose on the reciept. Shant be needing that again.

Raven2B
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Just rolling the game box my hand and scratched my head by thinking where to get time to play ;)

Actually when install process is finish, set all graphics max and take a try.... After lower settings down scratched again my head and start planning new rig :)

Then take a ride Hurricane and remember times when playing EAW first time ;)

mcmatt
02-11-2011, 08:26 AM
My steps below,
1) throw a sicky from work
2) Buy Beer
3) Install whilst opening beer
4)graphics to max
5)Open another beer
6)Hit fly
7)crash
8)Hit fly again
9) realize i should probably drop graphic settings a bit
10) go online whilst opening another beer
11)enjoy whilst contemplating buying upgrades for comp

:grin:

Biggs [CV]
02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I plan on taking a couple vacation days that week.............:grin:

mattebubben
02-12-2011, 03:32 PM
once i get the game home i will first spend 2 hours looking on the Box next 2 hours looking on the cd will then install while i spend 2 Hours reading the Manual i will then start the game up spend 2 hours looking on the Menu it will be late by then i will shut the computer down go to bed and Dream sweet dreams about Spits and Me109s and perhaps the day after that my boner would have went down Enough for me to be able to sit in the Chair Correctly

Sauf
02-12-2011, 06:35 PM
once i get the game home i will first spend 2 hours looking on the Box next 2 hours looking on the cd will then install while i spend 2 Hours reading the Manual i will then start the game up spend 2 hours looking on the Menu it will be late by then i will shut the computer down go to bed and Dream sweet dreams about Spits and Me109s and perhaps the day after that my boner would have went down Enough for me to be able to sit in the Chair Correctly

Lucky bastard gets a box and a cd :(

DefiantMk1
02-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Probably take a quick flight in the Hurricane, or maybe Tiger Moth, or even the 110?...Also hoping the Defiant will become flyable some day :).

Pre-ordered from Gamersgate and looking forward to it next month, but going in with an open mind :).

SimHq Tom Cofield
02-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Grab a nice scotch or Irish whisky, clamp a cigar in my mouth Adolf Galland style, put the cigar out when my wife yells at me about smoking in the house and then try to get the 109 off the ground.

Erkki
02-16-2011, 07:43 AM
First through all menus and settings, FMB, 109 on a field, all difficulty settings turned on and try to throw it about the sky some.