PDA

View Full Version : Testplay Red Sands Extended

ecania
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Heya all – be prepared to enjoy and testplay a new huge version of Kings Bounty – Red Sands Extended version 0604

This version of Red Sands is very huge and all of you that loves long games will enjoy this.

Contains a lot of new dungeons, new island and bigger original islands with a beatiful look.

New zones are:
Kef Azisa Cave - very very huge.
Magic Circle Caves
White Crystal Cave
Black Sun Tomb
White Falls Cave
Old Mist Cave
Miners Crossing
Red Raven Tomb
Cazic Thule Island
Blue Collar Tomb
Dulanic Caves
Dulas Nest

MEDALS
Have been reworked, some medals have 6 levels and some of them gives extra bonuses on later
levels, and some of them also affect your pet spells.

SKILL TREE
Some of the skills have got a 4th level and Diplomacy skill in Paladin tree is completely reworked and some skills has changed place in tree.

Warrior skill tree has a new skill.
More then 20+ heroes added and more items added.

INSTALLATION: unrar it and place the red_sands folder in your session folder, if you alredy have Red Sands installed, move the original red sands folder and replace with this one.

IMPORTANT - You need Crossworlds version 1.3.1 build 6171 to play this campaign.

PLAYER DIFFICULTY
EASY ----------------- 130%
NORMAL ------------ 160%
HARD -----------------180%
IMPOSSIBLE ----------250%
NOTE: Normal setting have the hard setting for pet and asmadeo exp

AND LASTLY
Have fun everyone playing this verison of Red Sands and please remember to give feedback and bug reports to this thread.

Please state what class you testplay with and difficulty, start screen say 280% on impossible, but we start test 250%.

Many thanks to the great work done by the original red sands developers wich made this version of the campaign possible.

ECANIA

Kiras
05-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Alright, I'm not very far yet (just finished the tutorial dungeon). You've certainly expanded Debir a lot. However, I haven't found any areas I could land on in the new lands.

Also, this may be because of the Red Sands content (and terrible translation), but the dragonslayer achivement spells "physical" incorrectly.

Will post more as I get further. I'm playing as a mage on hard mode. I tried Asmedo only before in the old red sands, and I don't really feel like it again, so I'm going to the other extreme and not using him at all in this run.

aristobal
05-23-2014, 07:03 AM
ecania be so kind to point out in your first post islands where new dungeons to be located. Thanks in advance.

ecania
05-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Great to see that you got it running guys.

Kiras: its meant that you cant land on Debirs new lands,its balanced so you can run on Debir and get to around lvl12, and if you think Debir is large, wait until you see Scarlet.

Great you picked mage, me myself are playing warrior with asmadeo, and after 70+ fights Im done on Debir, then runned down to Blue Collar Tomb and run into Blue dragons so I popped out again and went to scarlet, I got Asmadeo to lvl 17 on Debir.

Eagerly waiting to hear more from your game Kiras.

Aristobal: Almost every island from Debir To Tekron have dungeons or linked dungeons, the underground system is very very huge and it is linked together, so actually if you want more challenge, You can play this without boat, more or less, i think u need your boat to get to shetterra and red sands , but everything else, you can use the underground network for.

But it is not only the dungeons wich is new, every singel army in the game have been looked over, and many islands are much bigger.

Spelling in dragonslayer is fixed.

and last, what did you think about the start picture of campaign, did some work on that.

EA

Erkilmarl
05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
I did encounters on Debir until I found the Scarlet Island map. Everything is well. I only wonder, is it intentional that I cannot sail round the Scarlet island at the northernmost point, where Archmages are posted in front of a dungeon?

ecania
05-23-2014, 08:24 PM
I did encounters on Debir until I found the Scarlet Island map. Everything is well. I only wonder, is it intentional that I cannot sail round the Scarlet island at the northernmost point, where Archmages are posted in front of a dungeon?

The Island got to big, and i didnt Think it was a problem, discovered that a bit to late, Everything was built alredy, and if I expand Island more, file size will get very big, and I dont want that.

EA

Kiras
05-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Having an extra rank on most skills is nice. I gave myself a ton of runes and checked out the new ranks on the skills (and the new skill) before reloading. The 4th rank is always really expensive, which I'm guessing ties in with the new trapper medal changes. I got lucky and got the trap spell for free from the tower in Debir.

So, I tried an experiment
Using the cheat code levelup to go from level 6->7 with no trapper: 1 might 5 mind 6 magic runes.

Leveling up from 6->7 with trapper 2: 7 might/12mind/13magic

Then I tried editing
params {
max1=15
max2=70
max3=170
max4=350
order=7
param=0
var=killed_by_trap

to max1 = 5, max2 = 7, max3 = 17, max4 = 35. I did that for all 4 trapper medals. That of course, immediately gave me trapper 4 (since I was past 70). Then I tried the code to levelup again from 6 -> 7 and got 14 might/17mind/21magic. Now, there's a chance that I misunderstood something about what I was editing and that affected the runes awarded, but this is somewhat in line with what I was getting without editing the files @ trapper2. Theoretically, 2 is 130% of trapper 0, and 4 is 200% of trapper 0. I have no idea how the rounding works.
That should be:
Trapper0 = 1might/5mind/6magic
Trapper2 = 1.3might/6.5mind/7.8magic
Trapper4 = 2might/10mind/12magic

But I'm actually getting
trapper0=1/5/6
trapper2 = 7/12/13
trapper4 = 14/17/21

Kiras
05-24-2014, 01:15 AM
I like the trap-chests, but there's a weird glitch with them. If you hit X instead of the check mark, the chest keeps showing, but you can never activate the trap again.

ecania
05-24-2014, 01:47 AM
Have to look over the trap medal then, and prolly change it, about the trap chest, no clue how to change those chest if u hit x.

EA

Kiras
05-24-2014, 09:34 PM
I encountered another of those trap chests that didn't give you an option. It might have been on scarlet wind.

I finished Debir. It's a lot bigger, and I mostly like the new areas. The purple cave was kind of dull looking, the outdoors areas were much better. The searchable map objects often having enemies is interesting. I think you should convert the grave armies to undead though.

ecania
05-25-2014, 08:12 AM
will have a look at purple kiras, and graves.
Did the other caves look ok on debir, personally I like magic circle Cave and blue collar.

EA

Kiras
05-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Blue Collar looked the best of the three, but I didn't finish it. Too many nasty enemies at this point (I'm looking at you, red and black dragons). Magic circle looked decent - I didn't realize I could loot the upscaled crystals at first. I didn't finish that dungeon either though, nasty hero. But, you know how it is with KB: When you're stuck, go fight somewhere else and come back later, stronger.

I keep making stupid mistakes around the witch hunters. Current army is Mistics, Beholders, Rune Mages, Monstera, and Royal Griffins. I keep accidentally doing some action after getting magic block on one of my stacks. On the other hand, the AI doesn't know what to do with magic block either, so when my rune mages clone some witch hunters, the enemy is in for some pain.

ecania
05-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Aye, I put random lvl5 units in blue collar, scarlet is much easier and so are bolo, so get strong there and get back to blue, it has an entrance from scarlet too.

Entrance to blue from debir is just a way from underground system to debir, so its not meant to be rdy for it after debir.

I do the same mistake on the wich hunters, almost everytime, a bit in the fight.

Im working on a Cave in the same style as blue collar to replace Purple with, making it much more interesting..

Replacing troops in graves to undead / lizarddead

EA

Fatt_Shade
05-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Ok i`m back ,and ready for contributing with my playthrough :-)
One quick question before i start game. I checked game files, and run in something.
I localization folder, there are eng (35KB) and rus(27MB) folders. In eng are missing other and eng_quest. For quest no problems, i already know all quests, but in folder other, are located some of game mechanic files. I`m wondering will it work properly ?
C`ya soon, with some impressions :-D

ecania
05-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Heya Fatt Shade
Great to see you ombord again.
path for other and eng_quest - \sessions\red_sands\locations\rus\other

It work properly, except a problem with trap medal according to kiara, will change it in next update.

Need to know if you guys Think its to hard in beginning or not, but upcoming Cave should make more paths to choose from, will also make next update.

EA

Kiras
05-25-2014, 11:34 PM
As far as difficulty early on: Keep in mind that I'm playing a mage on hard mode. Not impossible.

It's tough to find a fight that can be handled midway through the first island. A number of enemies are blocking paths in very narrow areas, where you can't get around them easily. A lot of beholders too, which move really fast and make kiting hard. However, there's a great supply of troop types, so I managed to clear it. I had pretty bad money woes for awhile.
I'm not sure how hard it'll be on impossible mode. I suspect the money is going to be a crippling problem on the first isle on impossible.

Random question: Have you computed the number of runes to max all skills in vanilla vs your mod?

ecania
05-26-2014, 04:15 AM
Its the balance wich is hard to set, thats why testplaying, Everything is possible to change.

Enemies are set lvl5-7 and so on , so some gets harder and some easier, I will look over those places on Debir Kiara.

I also had hard Groups in front of Purple and on the way to the 2 new areas on Debir.

EA

Kiras
05-26-2014, 05:06 AM
Attached is a picture showing a fountain that I cannot access on scarlet wind. Maybe later with a pegasus, but I can't figure out how to reach it on the ground.

Fatt_Shade
05-26-2014, 02:37 PM
@Kiras
Tried moving with keyboard arrows ?

ecania
05-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Fatt shade does the game work for you now?

Random question: Have you computed the number of runes to max all skills in vanilla vs your mod?

noop, you have to decide wich way you wanna spend your runes, also the game is so big now , so I do not think runes gonna be a problem.

Fountain on scarlet fixed.

Kiras
05-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Okay, well, I went and checked for a mage.
Vanilla: 416 might/419 mind/378 magic
This mod: 621 might/628mind/605 magic

That might help figure out an appropriate amount for the trapper achievement to add. I'll let you know what level I am when I max out.

Attached is a screen shot from blue collar dungeon. There are two bugs in it. First of all, the building has a string ID instead of a name. Harmless bug, I can still use it normally. Second, the book has a string ID instead of a name also. It's totally bugged. When you click on it, you get into a fight with zero enemies. When you automatically win that, you get in another fight with zero enemies. And another. I think it's an endless loop, but I reloaded after the 4th iteration.

ecania
05-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Oki, ty Kiras.

Book fixed, use with carefulness.
Is that building behind you on the picture, gave it a name.

EA

Kiras
05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Yeah, it's the building in the picture. Uh, I'm not very good at being creative, so I'd probably just call it Crypt or something. I think there was some other building with the same graphic named that.

One of the skills is missing part of the description. I suspect it's elite, but I'm not certain. I have the diplomacy effect (recruiting a percent of the enemy units as long as they match one of my troops), but no clear source of it.

Kiras
05-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Error in Magic Circle. The chest I dug up has an error message about the logic. This screenshot shows where that chest was.

Kiras
05-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Mythic Golden Handle artifact (-10% lead to runemages and some other stuff) is bugged. I don't know if it's the artifact itself, or the way it interacts with archmage4 skill, but in any case: Rune mages cost me 1300 leadership at archmage4. If I add in the artifact, they cost 2000.

ecania
05-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot Kiras.

There where more items that was bugged, I have worked on a solution and things look positive, changed all items with same bug, and going to test soon - FIXED AND TESTED

About the rune bug on trapper medal - FIXED AND TESTED

The Skill Elite
SMALL DESCRIPTION ADDED

Magic Circle - chest fixed

Got a suprise here

Adding a gigantic cave instead for purple cave wich also will help playing on harder difficulty to always find troops to fight with if you feel stuck on debir.

The cave goes in same style as blue collar, a little more space and air in it, and should be a lot more interesting than purple.

Its very huge and beatiful, say you merge debir with scarlet and you got the size of it, will also connect to the underground network.

EA

Kiras
05-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Here's a glitch on Bolo (rock I can walk through)
And a sarcophagus on Rusty Anchor that gives a weird message when clicked on.

Also, Spirit of Fight is broken. I don't know if that was always broken in Red Sands - can't remember. But in any case, I don't get an extra action even when it says that I should.

Kiras
05-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Bugged buried chest on Rusty Anchor Island

Erkilmarl
05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
My progress is slower. I have been playing KB for a long time and I will always be returning to it (even to WotN) but I will be playing short sessions. I'm very glad that this mod exists. In many ways it's so refreshingly different from the official game.

Sometimes, but not every time, I get stuck here where sand eds and a path begins. It's beyond the Dragon Pen on Debir.

ecania
05-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Heya Erki

Good to hear from you, yes that spot i know of, will try and fix it, its a bit annoying but you can get through it.

The version you play have some found bugs, the most serious is trap medal and 4-5 items with leadership reduce for some troops.
This is fixed for next version.

Erki, how do you feel about the balance / difficulty. very important for me to know since trying to find a good balance.

Thanks again Kiras for the bugs.

Now you can sail around Scarlet Island
Rock on bolo is fixed
Sarcophagus and chest on Rusty is fixed
Annoying passage on Debir fixed.
Spirit of fight, no idea what it is

Kiras
05-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Spirit of Fight is the human racial bonus added in Red Sands. Gives you a chance to have a second move.

ecania
05-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Ok, ty Kiras, didnt know that.

Erkilmarl
05-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Ecania,

I always play on normal difficulty and so chose easy here. Playing from Debir to Scarlet Island felt much the same as in vanilla game on normal. The game balance has been right so far, (on Debir I can get enough leadership to tackle Scarlet) but perhaps I've made playing a bit too easy to me, since I have acquired 2350 leadership from Glory skill and items. I have played a normal Paladin game to level 5 to and shall continue to see if I would like it better.

ecania
05-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Sounds great Erki, if you find it to easy after a bit , just pop up to normal and try it.

After next update you can surely do that , as I am adding a huge Cave wich will help level up if you get stuck with to hard enemies.

EA

Kiras
05-29-2014, 09:47 PM
I've started hopping all over, not sticking to the sequence anymore. A lot of the later fights have been scaled way up over what I'm used to, but that's a good thing, since I'm also more powerful. Level 46 and all skills maxed - incidentally, I have ~100 mind and ~250 magic runes spare. Might runes were the limiting factor, as always for mages. Earlier on, I was religious about always digging up chests on the battlefield. Once it was obvious I was going to max out skills, I focused on leveling the dragon instead.

I have 69 int and a 7590-13115 damage black hole. Biggest threat right now is undead, since I can't use magic shackles on them. Given the upscaling of the enemy armies, I'm really glad I'm playing a mage. 2x spells a round is just so useful for controlling any fight.

The bosses have been jokes. I just killed the frog in one round, despite the armies on his island being rated up to lethal. The spider took me two rounds.

ecania
05-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Ok nice going Kiras.

Bosses I can rasise hitpoints on, can go throught them later on.
The new Cave is more or less done with textures, so gonna put out armies soon.

Experimenting with adding some quests, starting add them in the new Cave.

Enemies are scaled up jeah, so thats why i need to know if they are okey in higher levels, I also need to know if medals work on level 5+, dont edit those since some writes in more then 1 file.

EA

Kiras
05-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Medalwise, I'm at grand strategy 4, headhunter3, dragonslayer 4 (I think - the name of it is bugged and says Dragonslayer IVI), treasure hunter 3, illeteracy exterminator 4, battle alchemy 4, trapper 4, guardian angel 4 (I edited the number needed for this - I find it annoying and tedious to have my spell usage dictated by this medal for several islands), blind rage 3 (not sure if 4 will even be possible), fire mage 4.
I have not made before and after notes to see if I'm getting the stat bonuses properly from those.

On Nameless Island, Vlad Vegeto is bugged. His army is 1 vampire, 8 thorn warriors, and 1 monstera. Pretty pathetic army.

ecania
05-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Ok, I found the bug on nameless, restless zombie should be bugged in the same way then.

Fixed those 2
You can spam Guardian angel medal with archmages, and that goes pretty fast, so u dont need spells if u have archmages, can get many updates / battle.

EA

Kiras
05-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Okay, I just got rank 6 of Dragon Slayer. The previous one did not list the requirements to rank up. Also has a display glitch in its title, it says Dragon Slayer IVII

Kiras
05-30-2014, 04:55 PM
In the Tekron Grand Canal, I crash whenever I try to enter the dungeon to the left side in this screen shot. Once I just crashed to desktop, no message. The second time I got a stack call function error and KB locked up.

ecania
05-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks Kiaras, checked it and suddenly destination doesent exist, so thats why.

About the Dragonslayer medal, have spent a lot of time on that one, and tried some things, but I cannot fix it, have to leave it like that, I checked that it works, and it does.

EA

hasim
05-31-2014, 04:17 PM
thank you so much for your work Ecania - it is enormous fun so far.
Just one (general) question please. When/how/why do I get the message "asmodeo does not gain any experience due to a high level of development"? I don't have any remaining skill points.

Kiras
05-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Cazic Thule Island? You're an Everquest player?

Very minor issue: Tekron unreachable gold pile.

Kiras
05-31-2014, 08:53 PM
White Night on Nameless is also bugged with a tiny army. That's the ghost ship.

ecania
05-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks a lot Hasim, hmmm strange I always play with Asmadeo, but I never seen that message before, you get it often?

Haha jeah Kiras , I played Everquest from start until end of 2012.
Moving the gold pile.

OK, will fix the ship.
Have anyone found Abel the Trader yet?

Added 2 contract quests so far in the new Kef Asiz cave, will pop out a couple of screens soon.

EA

hasim
05-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks a lot Hasim, hmmm strange I always play with Asmadeo, but I never seen that message before, you get it often?

EA

Well I get it in all the battles I tried now. I am a lvl 19 mage and asmodeo is lvl 30. No idea if that is the problem but I am wondering so if anyone has any idea please let me know.

ecania
05-31-2014, 09:19 PM
I played Asmadeo up to 27 in my last game and never seen it, but do Asma still get exp even if u get that message, and when did this begin to happend, when he got to 30?

EA

hasim
05-31-2014, 09:24 PM
Nope - no xp for poor asmodeo. Sniff. But I did a test. I leveled my hero to 20 and next fight (I was REALLY close to 20 so one battle did it) asmodeo got xp again. So I surmise that 11 levels difference is the highest that asmodeo and the hero can have. No xp for asmodeo otherwise.
I would like to change that but I have no idea if I can (or how to do that so that asmodeo gets xp no matter what).

ecania
05-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Ok, thanks Hasim, I know I have seen a file regarding asma exp, but do not remember now wich one it was, I let you know if I find it.
Fatt Shade prolly know it, but havent seen him for a bit now.

EA

hasim
05-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Ok, thanks Hasim, I know I have seen a file regarding asma exp, but do not remember now wich one it was, I let you know if I find it.
Fatt Shade prolly know it, but havent seen him for a bit now.

EA

That would be amazing - thank you very much once again!

ecania
05-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Here it is Hasim

You go to \sessions\red_sands\config and open red_sands_cfg
and check the picture I added, you just change 10 to what lvl diff you prefer where the blue line is.

Hope it works for you.
NOTE: you need to start a new game for it to work, you can wait for the next update should be out soon.

EA

Fatt_Shade
05-31-2014, 10:48 PM
I`m here, still alive :-)
But work, and electric power shortage last week keep me off games.
Tried your mod, it looks great. Impossible difficulty really seems impossible :-P
Probably will start new game on hard, because kiting here is almost undoable.

As for mentioned Asmodeo files, i have no idea what is cap on his lvl compared to hero. Last time played him about 2 years ago and dont remember this type of problem. Now i checked all files mentioning him in red sands folder and cant find anything about max level or something similar.
In atoms is familiar_beh.atom in which is xp_coeff for each of his actions , so that`s describing how much exp he get for any attack/action in battle. But nothing about his max lvl :-( Sry for not being of more help.

ecania
05-31-2014, 10:52 PM
Heya Fatt.

Great to hear from you, we found some serious nasty bugs in this version, but Im soon release Another, so hold out, I can also adjust impossible if needed.

Kiras
05-31-2014, 10:53 PM
Abel the trader - was he in one of the new dungeons? I encountered a rune exchanger in one of them. I didn't note his name or use him though.

ecania
05-31-2014, 11:04 PM
Aye it is Kiras.

hasim
06-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Here it is Hasim

You go to \sessions\red_sands\config and open red_sands_cfg
and check the picture I added, you just change 10 to what lvl diff you prefer where the blue line is.

Hope it works for you.
NOTE: you need to start a new game for it to work, you can wait for the next update should be out soon.

EA

thank you very much Ecania!I think I WILL be a bit patient for the next version :)

Kiras
06-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Strategist 5 medal does not show requirements for Strategist 6.

ecania
06-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Strategist 5 medal does not show requirements for Strategist 6.

Will not be fixed, dont have any knowledge how to fix that.
Prolly same problem with all medals that are higher then 4.

EA

hasim
06-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Will not be fixed, dont have any knowledge how to fix that.
Prolly same problem with all medals that are higher then 4.

EA

You wake up too early ecania (not unlike myself) Either go back to sleep OR hurry up with the mod will you? :P (please?)

ecania
06-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Jeah Hasim was up early cuz i couldnt sleep so well after wrestling my brain off with the medal problem that Kiras reported, I have an ability to never give up problems, just cant stop think about them, but at one point you just have to give up.

And Im just as eager as you are to get the new updated version finished and out for test, so I will do what I can to make that happend soonish.

Well guys, good news, after 8 hour brainstorming I have solved the medal problem, I have a few things yet to test, the Dragonslayer medal now work as intended, it shows next levels from medal4 and it doesent show IVII or somthing anymore, but it shows level 5 like IIIII, thats how it looks now, but thats just a small glitch, most important is that it shows the missing info.

The problem was in a lua script file.

here is a teaser from the new Cave, Kef Asiz

EA

hasim
06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Jeah Hasim was up early cuz i couldnt sleep so well after wrestling my brain off with the medal problem that Kiras reported, I have an ability to never give up problems, just cant stop think about them, but at one point you just have to give up.

And Im just as eager as you are to get the new updated version finished and out for test, so I will do what I can to make that happend soonish.

Well guys, good news, after 8 hour brainstorming I have solved the medal problem, I have a few things yet to test, the Dragonslayer medal now work as intended, it shows next levels from medal4 and it doesent show IVII or somthing anymore, but it shows level 5 like IIIII, thats how it looks now, but thats just a small glitch, most important is that it shows the missing info.

The problem was in a lua script file.

here is a teaser from the new Cave, Kef Asiz

EA

Oh my God stop teasing us with pics and WORK! :P

hasim
06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Oh and also please change the lvl cap difference between asmodeo and the hero if possible (or let us know you did not and I will do it in my game)

ecania
06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Will do
Just finished medalwork, back to dungeons.

Kiras
06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I think there's two enemy armies missing from the abandoned mines.

The added dungeon in Verona (the skull fairly near to the main castle) only had a single enemy in it. It was visually interesting enough, but if you're only going to put a single enemy inside, at least make it really challenging or something. I just walked in, hit black hole, then left the dungeon.

ecania
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Is that is the small Cave to the left of the main castle, close to the water, if thats so, its not mine creation , its original Red Sands.

Hmmm, havent touched / deleted any armies from abandoned mines.

How much have you seen of it now Kiras, do you have much left to run through`?

Kiras
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Bugged chest on Rusty Anchor.

ecania
06-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Ty Kiras

Fixed.

Kiras
06-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Is that is the small Cave to the left of the main castle, close to the water, if thats so, its not mine creation , its original Red Sands.

Hmmm, havent touched / deleted any armies from abandoned mines.

How much have you seen of it now Kiras, do you have much left to run through`?

Yes it is.

I've cleared most of the islands. What's left is the Red Sands island (haven't unlocked that, I have to try to remember the whole quest since its English is a little lacking), the red sands book in Elon, all of Reha. Everything else is cleared.

I haven't seen Dulanic Caves or Dulas Nest. Where are those at?

ecania
06-02-2014, 04:02 AM
They are in underground system, clöse to tekron.

Kiras
06-02-2014, 06:18 AM
I thought I cleared Tekron. Are they connected to that entrance that crashed when I tried to enter?

ecania
06-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I thought I cleared Tekron. Are they connected to that entrance that crashed when I tried to enter?

No that entrance sent you to montero and it is totally changed now.
You go to miners crossing and enter from there.

item she have is bugged, its fixed now but faulty in your version.

EA

hasim
06-02-2014, 03:55 PM
No that entrance sent you to montero and it is totally changed now.
You go to miners crossing and enter from there.

item she have is bugged, its fixed now but faulty in your version.

EA

We need the new version ASAP. Sniff :(

ecania
06-02-2014, 04:03 PM
We need the new version ASAP. Sniff :(

LOL LOL Hasim, I worked 14 hours yesterday, and it is almost finished, hold out and I give a tremendous version to play very soon, I just want the last reports from Kiras that have done a wonderful work to run it through and report bugs, very well done....

EA

ecania
06-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Gold pile on tekron fixed.
Level difference between Asmadeo and Amelie is raised from 10 to 20.

EA

Kiras
06-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Dulanic Caves entrance has a pathing issue, just beyond the gate. With mouse, I run into an invisible wall that I can't get past. With the keyboard, I can get through it, but it still needs looking at.

Kiras
06-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Dulanic Caves, wishing well that I can't reach:

Edit: Found a second one I can't reach, right by the first hero I encountered in the caves.

Edit: A third. Maybe look at all of the wishing wells.

Dracoindula has no portrait. Not really an important issue, but ehh, might as well post it.

Kiras
06-02-2014, 06:44 PM
I will not be able to test the runes on level up bonus to Dulas Mystical Ball. I'm already level 60. It also has a use button, but it's unclear what that does. The info doesn't have any hint of its function, it just says dulas_mystical_ball.

ecania
06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
I will not be able to test the runes on level up bonus to Dulas Mystical Ball. I'm already level 60. It also has a use button, but it's unclear what that does. The info doesn't have any hint of its function, it just says dulas_mystical_ball.

runes on ball are bugged but fixed, and it shouldnt have use function; I look into it and wishing wells, portrait, many thanks Kiras.

EA

ecania
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Dulanic Caves entrance has a pathing issue, just beyond the gate. With mouse, I run into an invisible wall that I can't get past. With the keyboard, I can get through it, but it still needs looking at.

will check

EA

Kiras
06-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Huh, I thought the level cap was 60, but I just leveled up. You posted that you fixed it already, so there's not much point to saying this, (plus this is with old trapper) but anyways:
With Dulas ball equipped: 13/12/21 on level up = 46 total
Without = 17/14/14 = 45 total.

ecania
06-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Jeah I raised it to lvl71, didnt know if it was working or not :) not yet tested it, so great info Kiras.

Now im changing in lua script that you should get a normal amount of runes after lvl50 instead of 2-2-2 also changing the leadership count so it still is normal after lvl50.

Made a test change on standard priests, wich can be ok in beginning and then be changed to something else, buffed them up a bit, so they are harder to meet as enemy too.

Stats are:

cost 250g
Leadership: 90
attack 13
defense 13
speed 3
Health 70
Hitback 2
Heal 12
Bless - duration 3 turns and also give 2-7 rage - Downside is reload is 3 turns

EA

hasim
06-03-2014, 06:22 AM
LOL LOL Hasim, I worked 14 hours yesterday, and it is almost finished, hold out and I give a tremendous version to play very soon, I just want the last reports from Kiras that have done a wonderful work to run it through and report bugs, very well done....

EA

In case I am misunderstood, I would like to point out that I mean absolutely no offense. If anything I am thankful for the tremendous effort you are putting into this. And if I had grabbed a copy of it sooner than kiras I would be the one reporting bugs sniff :P (great work Kiras too mate!)

ecania
06-03-2014, 03:48 PM
In case I am misunderstood, I would like to point out that I mean absolutely no offense. If anything I am thankful for the tremendous effort you are putting into this. And if I had grabbed a copy of it sooner than kiras I would be the one reporting bugs sniff :P (great work Kiras too mate!)

no no Hasim you are not misunderstood in anyway, no worries mate, just told how much time im putting in this.

And Im very happy you playing the Campaign and if you find any bugs, thats just great.

Also got a little suprise in the next update, and I think you gonna like this one Hasim.

hasim
06-03-2014, 05:50 PM
no no Hasim you are not misunderstood in anyway, no worries mate, just told how much time im putting in this.

And Im very happy you playing the Campaign and if you find any bugs, thats just great.

Also got a little suprise in the next update, and I think you gonna like this one Hasim.

Damn now I can't wait!

ecania
06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Its the small things that takes a bit of time, have to go through Kiras last report and some other stuff.

Added Infernodragons to Dragonslyer medal.
Added Fire Mage medal up to lvl6
Added on fire mage medal - lowered enemy unit resistances to elemental dmg.
means poison,magic,fire,glacial,astral.

Bosses have more Health now.

EA

Kiras
06-03-2014, 06:36 PM
I've finished all of your new content I think, unless you added something to the Red Sands island and the book in Elon. Those are all I have left to clear, I cleared Reha.

I feel overpowered, because my int is stupidly high. I have no idea how it would be as a warrior or a paladin though.

ecania
06-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Jeah thats the problem with those type of games, every singel chest or stat you add makes it easier especially in middle and end game and this game is midgame alredy on Verona / montero and with this addition of land mass the midgame comes earlier.

But the choice is to not kill every army in the game, or kill them all.
With all those additions, the choice is to end it anytime you want.

And we all have different tastes how to play those types of games, some like short games and some very long, since they like to continue playing after getting strong.

To balance you must find as much negative stuff as positive, and if making hero weaker in beginning than what she is, isnt prolly very popular.

Also since enemy is scripted, its pretty easy to learn its moves, its hasnt an AI like Age of wonders and other similar games wich attacks your weakened points and you get challenge that way in middle and endgame.

If anyone has ideas about this issue please post them.

and thank you a lot for running it through Kiras, hope you liked the new zones.

EA

hasim
06-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Jeah thats the problem with those type of games, every singel chest or stat you add makes it easier especially in middle and end game and this game is midgame alredy on Verona / montero and with this addition of land mass the midgame comes earlier.

But the choice is to not kill every army in the game, or kill them all.
With all those additions, the choice is to end it anytime you want.

And we all have different tastes how to play those types of games, some like short games and some very long, since they like to continue playing after getting strong.

To balance you must find as much negative stuff as positive, and if making hero weaker in beginning than what she is, isnt prolly very popular.

Also since enemy is scripted, its pretty easy to learn its moves, its hasnt an AI like Age of wonders and other similar games wich attacks your weakened points and you get challenge that way in middle and endgame.

If anyone has ideas about this issue please post them.

and thank you a lot for running it through Kiras, hope you liked the new zones.

EA

E.g. I LIKE feeling ultra-powerful at the midgame :)

Kiras
06-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Hm, going through my quest log, I haven't found the Contraband Searcher quest chests on Scarlet Wind. I just ran around hitting d everywhere and got nothing. You may have broken that quest with your additions to the island. Or I might have missed some corner of the island with the chests.

ecania
06-03-2014, 07:54 PM
chests are there, but not very exactly after the map anymore, but I digged up both.

about the path issue in dulanic, cannot find anything wrong there, it can be the gate if closed that is the inv wall, I run around there with mouse and cant find the wall.

face fixed on draco
wells moved in dulanic Caves
some medals that give intelligence has been reworked
fixed an issue that made the game very slow starting

EA

ecania
06-04-2014, 03:13 PM
New version released today, come and testplay and report bugs and please give me feedback.

Download link for RSE version 0604 is in first post.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-04-2014, 07:20 PM
And I've just arrived on Bolo... There is a might rune that I can't pick up. In an other game there is a scroll which can be taken, though.

The Steam community seems to be relatively lively. Should you post the link there, too?

ecania
06-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Thank you Erki, will check it.
There is a new version, dload it and try that one erki, at least on normal, this one is a bit easier in beginning, you have more choices where to go.
Just go to old Purple entrance and you have a massive Cave to run through.

A couple quests in there too.

Feel free to post link to this thread on steamforum , that would be nice.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-04-2014, 07:35 PM
OK, I'll do both. BTW, normal was good, It was just enough frustrating for me. But I don't mind the very beginning being a bit easier.

ecania
06-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks a lot Erki.

EA

Kiras
06-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Try using the keyboard instead of mouse. There were a couple spots where the keyboard let me get things that the mouse wasn't finding easy pathing solutions to.

Erkilmarl
06-05-2014, 04:09 AM
I'll do it next time.

hasim
06-05-2014, 05:38 AM
I would like to say at this point. DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Kiras
06-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Just a random thought, which may be completely unreasonable:
What if the new dungeons had something unifying to them, like the obelisk quest from The Legend?

By the way - Blind Rage 5 may be impossible to achieve. I was at roughly 3.5 when I finished the game. Granted, that's with a mage, but my standard combat method was 1) Start with dragon 2) Awaken dragon 3) Black Hole, then use the rage generated on dragon. So I was going out of my way to try to spend rage. 4 seems doable.

ecania
06-06-2014, 07:01 AM
I had some ideas about quests and thats a nice idea too, but making quests in the editor isnt an easy task and it is very time consuming, and you have to check every step.

I tried do one more quest Before release this last version, I was forced to drop the idea, since I didnt get the dialoge to work properly.

And it is still very quiet in here , just a few people posting, so not reilly inspired to put so much more time on it right now.

So lets check
Anyone playing the new version yet, and what do we think about it.
I just started a mage on hard and inside kef azis atm.

Gonna see if I find any more bugs in this version, if not, this will prolly be the released version, checking Blind Rage and will adjust if it is impossible to finish.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-06-2014, 08:32 AM
I am still on Debir and inside the new dungeon. I don't know yet how huge it is but I think it's very good. Debir seems to be OK for my normal difficulty: There are a lot of easy fights but behind them there have always been those equal or stronger enemies.

ecania
06-06-2014, 07:32 PM
jeah its pretty huge, great you like it.

EA

Kiras
06-06-2014, 09:02 PM
I started the new version as a paladin, although I'm not sure how far I'll get before I burn out on KB for awhile. Looking forward to seeing what changes you made from last version.

Priest change: Old (I think, drew these stats from a wiki) vs new
Leadership: 50 vs 90
Attack: 10 vs 13
Defense: 10 vs 13
Hp: 26 vs 70
Init: 4 vs 4
Speed: 2 vs 3
Damage: 2-4 vs 3-5
Damage per leadership: 0.06 vs 0.0444

You made them much more durable, but their damage vs leadership dropped substantially. The changed bless effect of the new priests does indeed add rage, but it lasts 2 turns, not 3 as stated. I think you made the priests worse for damage, although they're somewhat useful as early rage sources. And I guess you did make them better tanks, although I'd never use a priest as a tank.
Compare new priest vs inquisitor: New priest = 0.0444 damage per leadership. Inquisitor is 0.075. That's way better. I don't think the priests will be staying in my army for very long.

hasim
06-07-2014, 04:36 AM
I had some ideas about quests and thats a nice idea too, but making quests in the editor isnt an easy task and it is very time consuming, and you have to check every step.

I tried do one more quest Before release this last version, I was forced to drop the idea, since I didnt get the dialoge to work properly.

And it is still very quiet in here , just a few people posting, so not reilly inspired to put so much more time on it right now.

So lets check
Anyone playing the new version yet, and what do we think about it.
I just started a mage on hard and inside kef azis atm.

Gonna see if I find any more bugs in this version, if not, this will prolly be the released version, checking Blind Rage and will adjust if it is impossible to finish.

EA

I am in kef azis too at the moment and LOVING IT! great work Ecania - thank you again. No bugs so far

ecania
06-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Kiras: I didnt want to overpower the priests, so thats why I didnt raise their attack more, I think the Health upgrade wich is big and also that you can get rage on bless is pretty powerful, especially in the start, thats why leaderhip is higher
Healing is also slightly stronger, and healers are support troop, they shouldnt do as much dam as an inq.
Also they are a lvl2 unit.
I still have them and they work fine, got 1 loss of 80 so far on Debir, only unit lost was a priest.It was never intended to make them a unit that will be interesting the whole game, but now Im using them from start, never did that before.

Will check the duration thingy.

Great Words Hasim, Thank you very much.

EA

Kiras
06-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Ah. My usual start army is bowmen, priests, inquisitors (if available), royal thorns as soon as I can reach that one house that usually has them, and royal snakes. I've always viewed priests as kind of a magic parallel to bowmen. Useful early on, but without the paladin bonus, I'd never use them past it. I ditched the priests for beholders when I got the money to buy my full leadership worth of them.

This time I'm doing something I haven't done before - using a fully undead army. The plan is Ritualists, Adept of Darknesses, Mistics, Black Knights, and Liches. I usually skip the undead, because they're a pain to resurrect, but with the paladin 100% return on a dead stack, I'm hoping I can use the black knights as a tank and as sacrifice fodder without losing any.

ecania
06-07-2014, 08:35 AM
That sounds like a nice idea, there are some undeads to buy in the new Cave, also there is only undead items I think in same house, are you going to use asmadeo this time with his mystical ritual for undeads?

Got lvl2 on my Phoenix now, only drawback is mana cost but otherwise very nice for harder fights.
Im tanking with Asmadeo, got 600 Health now at lvl 11, and using Archmages, trained inq to get em, Royal Griffins, trained Griffins, inq, priests and gorgons.

EA

hasim
06-07-2014, 09:46 AM
the Kef Azisa (does it mean something btw? - just wondering) is VERY beautifully done - amazing work on that Ecania - congratulations. I found trolls in the castle so I am using those at the moment. I have not used asmadeo before so I am using him now. Just one troll and himself to see how it goes. (goes great to be honest - I am playing just normal game though).

ecania
06-07-2014, 10:08 AM
the Kef Azisa (does it mean something btw? - just wondering) is VERY beautifully done - amazing work on that Ecania - congratulations. I found trolls in the castle so I am using those at the moment. I have not used asmadeo before so I am using him now. Just one troll and himself to see how it goes. (goes great to be honest - I am playing just normal game though).

Thanks a lot again Hasim, thats the feedback that gives inspiration to build such Caves, to actually read that people like what you have worked a long time with.

Yes Hasim the name on the Cave is taken from a real known Cave in Morrocco.

Jeah put Trolls there , idea from beginning was to have a quest on Debir wich lead you to the Cave and told you to kill Fatt Shade, sorry Fatt but Life is hard sometimes, and the reward to kill him was 3 trolls, and got 2 problems, first dialoge didnt work as intended, second editor doesent allow to give units as quest reward, but tried to put em in a chest and give chest as reward.

Anyone know any other forums we can post about the game to let more people know about the game?

Found 1 bugged chest in Kef Cave, did not get anything, just a faulty message.
Will fix that.

EA

hasim
06-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks a lot again Hasim, thats the feedback that gives inspiration to build such Caves, to actually read that people like what you have worked a long time with.

Yes Hasim the name on the Cave is taken from a real known Cave in Morrocco.

Jeah put Trolls there , idea from beginning was to have a quest on Debir wich lead you to the Cave and told you to kill Fatt Shade, sorry Fatt but Life is hard sometimes, and the reward to kill him was 3 trolls, and got 2 problems, first dialoge didnt work as intended, second editor doesent allow to give units as quest reward, but tried to put em in a chest and give chest as reward.

Anyone know any other forums we can post about the game to let more people know about the game?

Found 1 bugged chest in Kef Cave, did not get anything, just a faulty message.
Will fix that.

EA

Steam forums I would suggest and/or GOG forums to let people know about the game.
I see - I was always fascinated with the language (which is quite apparent from my name - I am Greek truth be told).
Salam es Alekum (only words I know :( )

Erkilmarl
06-07-2014, 05:53 PM
The Kef Azisa cave is actually quite amazing, but then my nationality is not known of the use of overflowing descriptive words. I could have said more earlier.

ecania
06-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Hasim, im not from Morrocco, just know about the Cave anyway, Im from Sweden, and ty for the suggestions.

Seems i need to merge steam accounts to have right to post there, cant post atm.

Erki, im happy you like the Cave, I simply love it myself.
Did ypu guys like the extra reservslots? fixed the old mod for it, was missing a file.

EA

ecania
06-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Was experimenting this night, couldnt get to sleep, so what I did was to try and implement other skills on units

Griffins can now summon ghost Griffins, but in lesser quantity then Royal Griffins, they can also cheer but with lesser Power.

Pirates can now summon thorns and have a lesser powerful prayer then paladins have.

and ofcuz they have higher leadership now and Little more Health.

EA

Kiras
06-08-2014, 07:37 AM
The new dungeon is a vast improvement over Purple Cave. I haven't had the time to go through that much of it yet, but it looks so much more interesting.

ecania
06-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks a lot Kiras.

EA

ecania
06-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Here are some changed unit stuff.

REWORKED UNITS

GRIFFINS - Level 3
Cost 300
Leadership 150
Attack 25
Defense 23
Health 120
Talents - Summon spirit griffins, dragonslayer,Cheer - these are slight weaker versions.

PIRATES - Level 3
Cost 180
Leadership 120
Attack 18
Defense 16
Health 90
Talents - Summon thorns once per battle, prayer once per battle, weaker version then paladins.

BOWMEN - Level 2
Cost 110
Leadership 60
Attack 17
Defense 12
Health 40
Talents - Fire and Frost arrows 1 charges, double shot with no penalty 2 charges

SEA DOGS - Level 3
No changes on cost leadership and stats
Talents - Fury Attack, Charm, Running

MARAUDERS - Level 3
Cost 100
Leadership 60
Initiative 3
Attack 16
Defense 12
Health 55
Talents - Longattack , Looter 3 charges, change shift troops 1 charge

WITCH HUNTERS - Level 3
Cost 320
Leadership 130
Attack 20
Defense 14
Health 110
Talents - Witch Shield, Healing also heals plants, Magic Bondage

BLACK KNIGHT
Cost 1200
Leadership 200
Attack 35
Defense 28
Health 200
Talents - Running, Summon Skeletons, Necro Blast

ANCIENT ENTS
Cost 5000
Same leadership and stats
Talents - Swarm, Summon swarm, Summon Fauns

FIRE SPIDERS - Level 3
Cost 200
Leadership 120
Attack 22
Defense 20
Health 80
Speed 2
Talents - Web, Fireball, Summon little Spiders

INQUISITOR
Same leaadership and stats and cost
Talents - Resurrection, Holy anger, Fire disaster

ROYAL GRIFFINS
Same leaadership and stats and cost
Talents - Cheer, Summon Spirit Griffins, Magical Random Buffs

SCUFFER IMPS - LEVEL 3
Cost 170
Leadership 75
Attack 20
Defense 16
Health 60
Speed 3
Talents - Fireball, Calling Allies

EA

Erkilmarl
06-08-2014, 06:08 PM
The new reserve slots are nice... for transferring troops from far away merchants to easier reachable castles. Thanks, but I don't want to make things too easy.

I got, perhaps for the first time, Fool's Cap. It gives +3 intelligenge, which is nice, and is supposed to give +1 morale to all troops. However, it affects only humans. (It states: PARAM: race any of [human] Unit moral: +1) Is there a way to change it?

ecania
06-08-2014, 06:30 PM
The thing is that it is a human item and are supposed to give morale to all human troops, it is the translation wich isnt perfect, if I make it to all troops it is sweet for the price it costs, but actually there is another item in the game wich gives 1 morale to all troops regarding race.

Erki did you have time to post a link to this thread on steam, seems i cant post there yet.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Ok, I understand it now. It would be too easy if it gave all troops +1.

I put a link to your mod and to this thread on the Steam board.

ecania
06-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Aye, ok great will check steam laters.

EA

jorko80
06-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Hello Ecania!
Your mod looks promising :). I hope I can try it later this week.
One question - which version of Red Sands did you use as a base ?
Thank you!

ecania
06-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Heya Jorko
It is version 1.8 of red sands.

EA

1darklord
06-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Just to say, this looks awesome, I will definitely give it a try when I get chance! :)

Good work!

Daniel.

ecania
06-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Great thx Daniel.
Release in a few Days.
Note that the test version wich is up atm does NOT have the unit changes.

jorko80
06-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Waiting for your update to start the game, I guess you postponed it a bit :) . It's great that you used 1.8 as a base. I thought that the english version of Red Sands is only 1.6.
I've read some of the previous posts , about the game being too easy in the late mid and the end part. I'll definitely play impossible and hope it will be challenging :)

hasim
06-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Well I am at Montero at the moment. Just exploring the caves :) I should do a map which cave connects to which me thinks. The mod (more of an expansion really) ROCKS!

ecania
06-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Waiting for your update to start the game, I guess you postponed it a bit :) . It's great that you used 1.8 as a base. I thought that the english version of Red Sands is only 1.6.
I've read some of the previous posts , about the game being too easy in the late mid and the end part. I'll definitely play impossible and hope it will be challenging :)

Aye , its postponed a bit, since I want to check that latest additions work as intended.
Also difficulty is slightly changed, its hard to cover all playstyles and difficulty for a lot of players, but I thought about it and result is.
All settings are on old hard setting except impossible wich still is impossible, means that exp and gold income and more are set on hard, I assume that people playing this Campaign have played kb before.

easy:150%
normal 170%
hard 190%
impossible 240%
Im also packing in files for more advanced players that want to play on harder difficulty then what is stated in normal Campaign.
Those numbers are

easy: 280%
normal 320%
hard 360%
impossible 400%
Asmadeo will progress slower with these settings.

Difficulty also depend on using Asmadeo or not.

Hasim: Great to hear from you, and it is always great to read your posts, thanks a lot. What level are you and asmadeo now Hasim?

Ecania

hasim
06-14-2014, 07:54 AM
I am now lvl 40 (just hit it) and asmadeo is 47 - highest lvl difference so far has been 11 levels between asmadeo and me.
I use him exclusively now, with one forest fairy that gets resurrected near the end of the fight for no loss. Oh and for chests of course :P
poor draco is only level 26 :/
Now I need to remember which cave took me to grand canal (I think it was the Kef Azisa caves - I will check) . I am trying to get to as many islands I can without maps so I can get wanderer scrolls (I have been REALLY unlucky with ancient knowledge ones so far).

ecania
06-14-2014, 08:03 AM
I am now lvl 40 (just hit it) and asmadeo is 47 - highest lvl difference so far has been 11 levels between asmadeo and me.
I use him exclusively now, with one forest fairy that gets resurrected near the end of the fight for no loss. Oh and for chests of course :P
poor draco is only level 26 :/
Now I need to remember which cave took me to grand canal (I think it was the Kef Azisa caves - I will check) . I am trying to get to as many islands I can without maps so I can get wanderer scrolls (I have been REALLY unlucky with ancient knowledge ones so far).

Ah nice, there are actually several Caves that takes you to Canal, its like a travel hub, and the strat you use for getting adventure spells is just the strat I meant to play it, nice goin Hasim, there are few shop that have adventure spells too, hope you find any ancient in those.
Have you looked at the unit Changes back in this thread, its some nice Changes there wich will boost the game and make it different to play.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-14-2014, 08:37 AM
I've reached Rusty Anchor so far and have seen Verona. Playing on normal feels about the same than in vanilla. At least the relative strengths of the armies are about the same. My progress has been quite smooth, but it may depend on my experience, too (Steam has recorded over 400 hours but I dare not to imagine how many hours there really are). I think that normal is okay as it is, or with 10 % more as it will be.

ecania
06-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I've reached Rusty Anchor so far and have seen Verona. Playing on normal feels about the same than in vanilla. At least the relative strengths of the armies are about the same. My progress has been quite smooth, but it may depend on my experience, too (Steam has recorded over 400 hours but I dare not to imagine how many hours there really are). I think that normal is okay as it is, or with 10 % more as it will be.

Nice to hear from you erki, release is close now.
what level have you reached now Erki and asmadeo if using him?
Im playing mage on hard setting with new units, so far everything good, using bowmen, wich hunter, fire spider, anc bear and inq.

EA

Erkilmarl
06-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Amelie's level is 22 and Asmodeo's 14. BTW, my unit choices must make the game seem easier than it is: I have Paladins and four summoners: Royal Griffins, Gorgons, Engineers and Demonologists (plus Phantom spell). Only those vile creatures capable of shooting or casting something have the possibility of damaging my real troops. I suppose I should move to Hard or Impossible settings after boasts like that...

ecania
06-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Jeah that was some summon army you have, sometimes you can get very lucky on the shops, you can prolly move to hard after next update erki, it is more designed to play harder difficulty.

Ecania

Erkilmarl
06-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Yes, since your mod is designed to give better troops earlier and since there are many boosts to leadership available, I definitely should try harder settings.

jorko80
06-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Sounds good that you plan higher difficulty settings. My favorite mod so far is called Grandmaster, regrettably it's available in russian only. The difficulties there are as far as 500% with many balances of creatures ,spells and some legal cheats in the game. But the armies in the first four islands are slightly reduced(maybe around 300%),because in the beginning it's very hard. If you make the release with the 400% setting, I can try it out. Thank you!

Kiras
06-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Minor glitch in Asiz north wing: The rest of this conversation seems to work fine.

ecania
06-15-2014, 05:49 AM
Thanks a lot Kiras, will check that.
Checked that dialoge several times and it didnt show, thats strange, those dialoges are not fun to work with if it was easier I done more quests.
Fixed dialoge.

Jorko: I read about grand master in your other replay, but I have no clue how they did it, I will not be able to lay 300 on start Island and 400 on the rest.
Thats why im doing this extra logic file with those numbers on, 40 between every step, so you hopefully will find a difficulty that suits your playstyle and challenge.
I am not a player that plays game on those difficultys, so therefore i cannot balance it for such hard play.I usually play around 200 not more.

Ecania

ecania
06-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Amelie's level is 22 and Asmodeo's 14. BTW, my unit choices must make the game seem easier than it is: I have Paladins and four summoners: Royal Griffins, Gorgons, Engineers and Demonologists (plus Phantom spell). Only those vile creatures capable of shooting or casting something have the possibility of damaging my real troops. I suppose I should move to Hard or Impossible settings after boasts like that...

Went through the shops, and now reworking those to a more random style when it comes to troops for sale, also this change is for better replaybility.

EA

SUREWALLA78
06-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi! i started your mod and its great so far, though im still in first island. The only problems i noticed are that the map doesn't work for me and the units don't make sounds in battle animations sometimes..

ecania
06-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi! i started your mod and its great so far, though im still in first island. The only problems i noticed are that the map doesn't work for me and the units don't make sounds in battle animations sometimes..

Hi there.
What version and build do you have on KB CW, never encountered such problems before

Ecania

SUREWALLA78
06-15-2014, 09:50 PM
version 1.3.1, build 6171. toggling map actually works, but i don't see any of new land in it, only icons of new places( like dungeon entrances etc..) work, but they appear in incorrect place( in ocean). But i can still play without map fine so its not big problem for me.

ecania
06-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Thats odd, seems it doesent read the radar files.
Those files are in red_sands_data.kfs in interface textures folder, can work if you unpack those and put in interface textures folder just under red sands folder.
all files begin with radar and are png files, unpack kfs file with winrar.

Ecania

SUREWALLA78
06-15-2014, 10:17 PM
it seems it worked, thanks. also there are more folders in red_sands_data.kfs like sound, textures, models, particles.. should i unpack those too?

ecania
06-16-2014, 03:51 AM
it seems it worked, thanks. also there are more folders in red_sands_data.kfs like sound, textures, models, particles.. should i unpack those too?

No need for that, enjoy the Campaign.

EA

Kiras
06-16-2014, 09:06 AM
On the topic of difficulty: I'm a big fan of what MattCaspermeyer has done with his Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Babies mod. Instead of armies just scaling higher, their stats scale higher. That enemy that was fairly physical resistant might become really difficult to kill with phys attacks. Suddenly, that unthreatning speed 2 enemy, who I will easily kill before he reaches me, gains more speed. And that changes the tactical decisions I have to make sometimes. I find it a far more interesting challenge than just bigger enemy armies.

jorko80
06-16-2014, 02:53 PM
I find Matt's mod also very good and interesting. It is challenging in a different way then the original game,because the mechanics are changed and that's awesome, but it is even easier. So that's why I feel it is less rewarding and I lose interest quickly(unable to finish my second game). Ofcourse I played KB for a really long time and I'm now searching only for hard challenges, but for the occasional player it is a must, feels like a different game :) . Hope ecania will balance his mod for impossible to be challenging. I will try it as soon as the new update is out and post impressions and suggestions :)

ecania
06-16-2014, 03:28 PM
I find Matt's mod also very good and interesting. It is challenging in a different way then the original game,because the mechanics are changed and that's awesome, but it is even easier. So that's why I feel it is less rewarding and I lose interest quickly(unable to finish my second game). Ofcourse I played KB for a really long time and I'm now searching only for hard challenges, but for the occasional player it is a must, feels like a different game :) . Hope ecania will balance his mod for impossible to be challenging. I will try it as soon as the new update is out and post impressions and suggestions :)

Ok, first of all, I have not the programming knowledge that Matt have, it is a lot of things I wanna change too, but I often fail to do what I want, I need more knowledge to lua.

And Jorko, you try this out and hopefully come with suggestions and we try to pop out a more challenging version too.

This next update that will be out very soon will be the release version, then I will update it if needed.

I may ask Matt later on if we can create somthing together

EA

Elektra
01-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

firstly, great seeing continued word on this. would anyone have a link to the original Red Sands Mod? I cannot seem to locate it anywhere...

big thanks in advance!

Elektra

Elektra
01-17-2018, 11:14 AM
OK - just found is, in case someone needs it:
http://sendfile.su/756023

translation:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ny24uk5f3vko9ob/rus.rar