PDA

View Full Version : In The Works: Anti-Paladin Mod

ShadowTek
01-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Anti-Paladin Mod
Hi, after playing this game for awhile, I have learned its much funner to play undead and demons (IMO) So I am making a new mod, it will convert the paladin into a anti-paladin.. It will utterly and compleatly replace the paladin in the game...

This mod will change all skills and medals as well.. it will also include a different image of the class (in dds format)

The reason is I dont care about the paladin, I like the idea of its opposite, so thats what Im working on as I like playing evil, and this game seems very anti-evil.

I have figured out most things, but some info I need is:

1. where do you modify the medal descriptions? I already found/modified medals themselves.. I just need the file of descriptions for the medals.

2. description of items, as I want to make a unholy avenger (for D&D fans) as well as make it apart of a anti-paladin set (note will favor undead and demons, penalty against elves, humans, neutrals, dwarves)

Set will be:

Anti-paladin Set:

Full Set: +2 initiative for demons and Undead, +2 speed Demons & Undead, +3 moral Demons and Undead.. -3 moral for elves, humans and dwarves

1. Unholy Avenger: +2, +5 attack vs elves, humans, dwarves.

2. Armor of Evil: +2 +5 vs elves, humans, dwarves.

3. Helm of Evil: +5 Int, +10% Evlin spell, +10% physical damage from elves, humans and dwarves

4. Boots of Evil: +30 rage, +1 speed for demons and undead

5. Flag of the Anti-Paladin: +3 attack, +3 defence, +3 Int

Let me know what you think of the above set! It is supposed to be very powerful for undead + Demons, but weak against humans, elves and dwarves.. I get this set is powerful but as all other races almost you will have penalties against it seems to balance out as theres far more of them then there is undead and demons.. plus read further as medals and skills are nurfed bigtime to only ever benifit demons and undead, the point of this mod is to make you a master of undead and demons, but EVERYONE else will HATE you, you will ONLY be able to have demons and undead in your army when Im done.

Skills:

ALL CHANGES ARE IN THE MIND CATAGORY!!

If a skill in the mind catagory is not mentioned, then it does not change.. or havent got to it yet, its a work in progress..

Holy Anger changed to Unholy anger:
defence of elves, humans and dwarves reduced by original skill values, rage and ,mana per attack +3

Prayer changed to Commune:
+1 defense. +5% crit
+2 defense, +7% crit
+3 defense, +10% crit

Ressurection changed to Unholy Revive:
same as Ressurection but ONLY works with undead and demons

Power Of Spirit changed to Moral Of the anti-paladin:
Adds:
+1
+2
+3
per level to moral, this ability helps get undead and demons to a high moral level, it helps balance out other skills as you lose the ability bonuses of this skill in exchange for moral..

Neatness removed utterly and replaced with Undertaker
+1 attack, +2 attack for undead
+2 attack, +4 attack for undead
+3 attack, +6 attack for undead

Diplomacy utterly removed and replaced with Inferno Alliance

+1 attack, +2 attack for Demons
+2 attack, +4 attack for Demons
+3 attack, +6 attack for Demons

STILL A WOK IN PROGRESS: I still plan to change allot of skills to be demon and undead specific, keep in mind when you look at balance that undead and demons have bad moral vs other units and this class and mod is specifically geared to undead and demons only and that you will probably not be able to use ANY non demon or undead units when Im done.. as the moral penalty and att+def penalty will make them usless..

Medals

CHANGES TO MEDALS:
Note if medal for original paladin is not mentioned, it is the same... or havent got to it yet, its a work in progress..

starting from the top left corner..

Grand Start=same
Headhunting=same

Dragonslayer changed to Humanoid slayer:

Humanoid Slayer:
Kill any 150 Humanoids, +3 defence for demons and undead only

Kill any 300 Humanoids, +3 Attack for demons and undead only

Kill and 500 Humanoids, +1 init, +1 speed demons and undead only
(note this removes the pet aspect it was before, its balanced I think as it ONLY benifits demons and undead

Treasure Hunter replaced utterly with Bone Dragon Boost:
The term "dragons" here means all dragons EXEPT Bone Dragons:
Kill 15 Dragons: Bone Dragon +5 attack, +5 defence
Kill 25 Dragons: Bone Dragon +10 attack, +10 defence
Kill 50 Dragons: Bone Dragon +1 speed, +1 init
NOTE: balanced as its only bone dragon

Purifier utterly replaced with Suduction
Kill 25 dryads or elven females: +20 attack Demoness Only
Kill 100 dryads or elven females: +20 defense Demoness Only
Kill 300 dryads or elven females: +2 init, +2 speed, demoness only
(note, yup, I want this unit to be better)

Battle alchemy changed to Archdemons challenge:
Kill 25 level 5 enemies: +30 attack
Kill 75 level 5 enemies: +35 Defence
Kill 125 level 5 enemies: +3 ini, +3 speed
(NOTE: will make this unit not so usless)

Trapper.. same. no change

Guardian angle changed to Satans Shield:
Cast Any Fire spells xx times give the following bonuses to Demonologists and Necromancers ONLY:

25 times, +7 attack
50 times +7 Defense
100 times +3 ini, +3 speed
(this only is for these two units so balanced I think, plus I feel they should be fast and first)

Blind Rage same but changed to:
+5 critical
+10 critical
+15 critical
Justified as I removed all ather skills and medals for pet, so this is only benifit for pet, I feel it equals out.

and finally holy warrior changed to Unholy Warrior:
Ok will be the same as it is now BUT:
Instead of Priests, Inquisiters and Paladins, replace with all undead and Demons (aka the bonuses, again due to the limits on the units for medals and skills, and the penalties to elves, humans and dwarves.. this is fair, only the spells chage)
spells that have to be cast xx times are:

I DONT KNOW YET, suggestions welcome

Anti-Paladin Start
The Antipaladin will get the following bonuses to start:

str:1
Def:2
Int:0
Rage:25
Mana:5

Info
Anyway, this is the mod I am working on, please post your ideas ONLY if you like my idea
(Ive read this forum, and though Im new, I have a good idea how to mod as I have modded many games, but I understand that many may not like the idea of a anti-paladin, this mod will compleatly replace the existing paladin, and I understand that there are allot of persons here that will not like my idea judging by the attacks Ive seen here on some peoples ideas and mods, so though I welcome all comments keep in mind that if you dont like my idea, then dont waste your time as I dont wanna be attacked for my idea, I just want ideas from people that like the idea)

If you like the idea of what Im working on let me know! note I use latest crossworlds game so this mod will only be for that..

Please as many of you are far more exp in this game point out imbalances and things, but.. read what I have posted, cause as so I may have given some power to specific units, it was replaced from power that gave all units a power, so keep that in mind..

Let me know if anyone is interested in this mod Im making, as Im spending allot of time on it (but only on weekends as I work all week, but dame near all weekend is on making this mod)

Thanks for your time!!

bucazaurus
01-27-2011, 03:49 PM
The files with in-game descriptions are in KB folder\sessions\addon\loc_ses.kfs
For medals : eng_rewards.lng
For items : eng_items.lng

One more thing
for Orcs on the march campaign , eng_items.lng is located in KB folder\session\orcs\orcs.kfs

ShadowTek
01-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Cool, thanks!! Do you know what file has the item abilities in it? I know about the item.txt, but what file is it that say foe example puts it in a catagory? Or allows you to add a bonus to moral, or somthing like that?

Thanks again for the info!

bladeking77
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
I believe that everything about items should be in items.txt. From how much it costs, morale/speed/initiative bonuses, hero parameters, to whether it is a torso armor/head armor/weapon/shield... If that's not what you wanted to know, then specify it further, please.

bucazaurus
01-28-2011, 10:43 AM
bladeking77 is right. All you need is items.txt , if you want to modify items or add another abilities to the already existing ones.

Edit: I added a picture with a modified training sword ,to show you an example of what you can do with item.txt file.

ShadowTek
01-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi, thanks, Ive now learned that, Im familiarizing my self with all the files. Thanks for the info!!

onepiece
02-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Great job Shadowtek and good for your initiative to create a great demon and undead set. I only have 1 but...I think the new abilities, set and medals are way too strong. I counted like +6 to moral, +3 to initiative and +4 to speed!!

+1 to speed is already great bonus and you have given +1 just with a medal to everyone, plus the unit specific ones, +1 from an item and +2 from a full set. And the +3 moral from the skill and the +3 from the full set with make them almost have +3 moral all the time (cannot remember a time in which some of my units had 3 or more negative effects on them)

And the unit specific boosting stats given by the medals make some units way too dis-balanced (+30 to attack, +35 to defense and +3 speed and initiative to Archdemons? Way to much my friend and those succubus are going to be way too destructive beside their supportive abilities. Same with demonologist and necromancers. You should re-balance the bonus, specially the speed, initiative and moral ones since mid-to-late game they are way too strong.

In conclusion, your initiative is very good but I suggest you re-balance the bonus given by the items, set, skills and medals. The only difficult part wold be getting a good number of undead and demons in the beginning but only demons are a problem; but mid-to-late game would be far too easy even in impossible. Give it a try and tell me if I'm right or just over exaggerating.

Fatt_Shade
03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Nice idea, i asked something like this on some other topic. It`s good to be bad guy :-)
I have some sugestions, change name Anti_paladin just seems lame. How about Forsaken class ?
But as `onepiece`said bonuses are to high for :
1) Set items `3. Helm of Evil: +5 Int, +10% Evlin spell, +10% physical damage from elves, humans and dwarves` i guess you meant +10% TO humans/elves/dwarves, or you really want penalty form those races.
Boots are to strong. Perfect boots give +30 mana, and your idea is +30rage and +1 speed to undead. I think it`s to high, maybe reduce rage.
Full set gives you +3 morale, and you already have +3 from skill you changed. maybe to +1/-1 morale from full set.
2) Humanoid slayer requirements are to low, with this setting you`ll get 3lvl medal before you get to Verona since all those peasants and swordsman stacks you get in first 3 islands. Maybe set it to 100/200/400 lvl 3-4-5 humanoid units
3) treasure hunter . . . why ? I like +7% more exp after battles :-)
4) Purifier again requirements are to low, with current numbers you`ll get 3lvl medal after just 1-2 battles in Elon. And rescale bonuses +7/+14/+20 att/def per lvl.
5) Guardian angel again to low requirements. 100 casting for 3 lvl medal ? You have it before Verona, and then first Demonologist or Necromancer will have 11 initiative 5 speed, and imba att/deff bonuses. Raise casting 50/100/250.
6) Battle alchemy rescale bonuses per lvl, and why +3 ini/speed ? Archdemon already have highest initiative in game, and speed 9 he doesn`t need more. Maybe some resistances instead, since this way he`ll 100% go first in enemy lines, give him some resistances :-)
7) Unholy warrior same bonuses just for all undead demons ? Holy s..t !!!
40% more dmg for 2 whole races. Black knights are already totaly overpowered, and with bonuses for Necro/Demonolog/Demoness/Archdemon?Bone dragon you stated in other medals this will be overkill.
You have nice ideas to utilise undead/demon races cause they arent much played and i like it. But main problem here will be need to kite Nameless/Shetera island maps, so you could use this synergies with class, cause until those island there are no good demon/undead for your mode.

ShadowTek
05-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi, sorry Ive been gone so long, my computer crashed and had to redownload all my steam and stardock games, I still have all my files, so I'll continue on this mod, Hi onepiece and Fatt_Shade (your not the same onepiece from ADR site are you?) Thanks for the info and Ill readjust the stats, Im currently working on the graphical changes for the main chr (both in game and in the screens) then I'll re adjust the armor and skill, medals etc, Ill make a updated post when Im done.

zini4_tha_grunt
05-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Hie, the creativity always good as well. but...
Do ypu cappable to realize what does it mean for balance system such a bonus, like +2 poison damage? This is so huge, that the item shouldn't have any other bonueses and it's cost must be enomorous...
Stil, such combinations like ypur brand new trainig sword + blackthorn crown and something like that will push the Thorns to the top of best damage dealers at all time. This is realy bad for balance.
Best of luck.

Fatt_Shade
05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
@ zini4 the grunt
Ahahahahaha come on man, bucazaurus only changed training sword to show what/how it could be done. Shadow tek asked how to change item and bonuses from them, this was only example :-)

zini4_tha_grunt
05-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Thats no fair. i simply can't understand all the typing.

Fatt_Shade
05-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Sry i didnt made fun of you, i just try to explain that +2 poison dmg on training sword isn`t mod settings, it`s just example what can be done in items.txt to change certain item bonus.
Lately i`m reading some of mod files and figured out some things, and understood how to mod this game, but still i have alott to work. So here i wanted to tell you what bucazaurus did in his screenshot, not in bad intentions.

gimpz
06-29-2011, 09:53 PM
This looks like an interesting class and I'm looking forward to play it. Some suggestions for Unholy Warrior are Doom, Weakness, Helplessness, Fear, Plague and Eviln. Maybe you should also change Satan's Shield, because it doesn't feel like Unholy Knights would focus on fire spells. That's for mages.

infernal1800
08-16-2011, 05:15 AM
This looks like an interesting class and I'm looking forward to play it. Some suggestions for Unholy Warrior are Doom, Weakness, Helplessness, Fear, Plague and Eviln. Maybe you should also change Satan's Shield, because it doesn't feel like Unholy Knights would focus on fire spells. That's for mages.

When would the mod be released? It's been months since the thread was created :|