PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.3.1 eng "unkonwn error"

g_mer
01-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi there!
I bought the game of the year edition of KBCW, and after I downloaded the 1.3.1 eng patch, it starts updating and it exits with an error message. Then I downloaded from another site, same problem. Even uninstalled AP and reinstalled CW. Exact error message: "Unkown error". I have no clue about what might be the problem. Thx for the answers!

PS: I put the patch into the folder of KBCW.

Nike-it
01-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi there!
I bought the game of the year edition of KBCW, and after I downloaded the 1.3.1 eng patch, it starts updating and it exits with an error message. Then I downloaded from another site, same problem. Even uninstalled AP and reinstalled CW. Exact error message: "Unkown error". I have no clue about what might be the problem. Thx for the answers!

PS: I put the patch into the folder of KBCW.

Do you have digital or retail version?

g_mer
01-18-2011, 04:43 PM
If retail means bought from a store, then yes it is. :)
Premium Games version which is basicaly 1.3.

g_mer
01-20-2011, 02:40 PM
So is there anyone out there who might know what the problem is? The shaman bug is very annoying. And 1.3.1 seems very good with more powerful summons.
Btw I have Win7, don't know if that's important or not. Thx for your help!

kcwong
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Any updates?

I bought Crossworlds (Game of the Year edition, retail), and already applied 1.0.0.1 hotfix.

I stopped playing a while ago when I had crashes fighting Orc units.

I returned to the game today, and a crash reminded me to check for patches. The 1.3.1 patch is supposed to fix this... however I got the same problem with g_mer. The patch said I already have 1.3.1 (which I didn't), but asked if I want to install again. I said yes, and then it gave me a tiny dialog saying "Unknown erorr".

Help please?

marcinl0
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Maybe clear reinstall + patch would help.

g_mer
01-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Maybe clear reinstall + patch would help.

Nope, already tried that one, I only got -1 activation, which is very frustrating :-x

kcwong
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Nope, already tried that one, I only got -1 activation, which is very frustrating :-x

Yeah, I HATE online activation.

I deactivated and uninstalled last night (thinking there isn't a deactivation limit, you can deactivate as long as you can activate), and was upset to find out the truth.

Now I'm not going to reinstall... no point to waste my money spent on renting the game with more unnecessary deactivations. And without any help here, I'll have to put away the game forever... :(

g_mer
02-02-2011, 01:24 AM
And people are wondering why torrents and pirate sites are popular :rolleyes:
It's just bad that we, paying customers cant feel the same satisfaction as we could if we just downloaded straight from torrent with full patches. I mean what's the whole point of this activation thing? I didn't even had the comfort of the internet when I bought the game. And of course it's not written on the box that you need internet connection for activation to play a SINGLE player game. Even better that you are restricted to limited use of it. Are they serious? What if my OS needs reinstall? Or I upgrade my PC? Oh nothing, just go and buy the game again! Beacuse its so damn addictive, that you want to play, whatever new features it will have. Well, considering the facts that its more work or disadvantage to buy the original game, why would any1 want to buy it if he/she has the option to just simply download it and play? This activation thing wont make them more popular. Mass effect 1 was a good example how to support buying original games, because the new contents which you could only use if you had the original game. Sorry for the off-topic, but I had to write this down, because it's so dissapointing.

Kings Bounty Hunter
02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Got exactly the same error "unkown error"

Queen Hera
09-25-2011, 09:10 AM
So....is there a fix to the "Unknown error" problem when you install the 1.3.1. patch. Seems this question has not been answered. :!:

Twinfire
01-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Hi All!

I also received this error on several attempts. Before I discovered a fix, the patch exec file (kbcw.patch.1.3.1.eng) did not ask me to specify a location for the install.

What I did to finally get it to work:

1) I had two (2) installations of Armored Princess. One standalone, and one with Crossworlds.

2) I uninstalled the standalone Armored Pincess (NOT the Crossworlds version).

3) When I tried the patch exec, it now asks me to specify a location to install. I selected my install path, and ouila! this time the patch took.

For whatever it may be worth, if you have more than one version of Armored Princess somewhere on your pc, especially a stand alone version, it seems to be the case that the patch exec can't handle that scenario.

I didn't have to uninstall Crossworlds and thereby lose an activation. My standalone Armored Princess did not require activation.

TF

BB Shockwave
12-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi All!

I also received this error on several attempts. Before I discovered a fix, the patch exec file (kbcw.patch.1.3.1.eng) did not ask me to specify a location for the install.

What I did to finally get it to work:

1) I had two (2) installations of Armored Princess. One standalone, and one with Crossworlds.

2) I uninstalled the standalone Armored Pincess (NOT the Crossworlds version).

3) When I tried the patch exec, it now asks me to specify a location to install. I selected my install path, and ouila! this time the patch took.

For whatever it may be worth, if you have more than one version of Armored Princess somewhere on your pc, especially a stand alone version, it seems to be the case that the patch exec can't handle that scenario.

I didn't have to uninstall Crossworlds and thereby lose an activation. My standalone Armored Princess did not require activation.

TF

This doesn't work for me. I only have Crossworlds installed, retail GOTY version, and yet I always get this bloody Unknown Error. Is the Support of 1C this bad they don't even respond to legitimate issues? Now I will be forced to download a pirated copy of a game I own legaly... because playing without the patch is no fun with a demon/mage build (where Dragon of Chaos costs 60 mana...)