PDA

View Full Version : game doesn't start

Knautschke
01-16-2011, 11:10 PM
So I already owned King's Bounty Armored Princess. Some days ago I bought Crossworlds on Steam. Installed it, started it, all working without a problem. Today I wanted to play it again, but didn't work. I got a "call stack functions" error. Restarted the computer, checked the file integrity etcetc, nothing helped. Reinstalled the game: still the same. Deleted the game config file as someone suggested to have the game create a new one: didn't help. Deinstalled Armored Princess and Crossworlsd. Reinstalled everything again. Now I don't get a stack error anymore, I get no error. When I launch the game, for a fraction of a second I see sometimes a new tab in the taskbar pop up and instantly vanish. I also get for a second the "loading / wait" cursor instead of the normal one, and then it changes back. The game doesn't start, gives me no error message, nothing. Windows just loads for a second or so and then nothing happens.

I tried to check that config file again if maybe something with the resolution is wrong, in the documents folder, but couldn't find it.

Any advice anyone?

ckdamascus
01-17-2011, 04:47 AM
So I already owned King's Bounty Armored Princess. Some days ago I bought Crossworlds on Steam. Installed it, started it, all working without a problem. Today I wanted to play it again, but didn't work. I got a "call stack functions" error. Restarted the computer, checked the file integrity etcetc, nothing helped. Reinstalled the game: still the same. Deleted the game config file as someone suggested to have the game create a new one: didn't help. Deinstalled Armored Princess and Crossworlsd. Reinstalled everything again. Now I don't get a stack error anymore, I get no error. When I launch the game, for a fraction of a second I see sometimes a new tab in the taskbar pop up and instantly vanish. I also get for a second the "loading / wait" cursor instead of the normal one, and then it changes back. The game doesn't start, gives me no error message, nothing. Windows just loads for a second or so and then nothing happens.

I tried to check that config file again if maybe something with the resolution is wrong, in the documents folder, but couldn't find it.

Any advice anyone?

Find original game.ini in the program files/1c/king's bounty armored princess dir.

Copy into documents/mygames/king's bounty armored princess/

modify game.ini line

setf ~screenresoultionx 1600
setf ~screenresoultiony 900

set it to.. like 640 and 480 or something really low.

Knautschke
01-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Did that. Copied the game.ini over the one in the documents folder and changed the resolution to 800*600. I started the game, worked. Clicked on "arena mode" or what it was called. The game said "the game has to be restarted", I clicked ok. Game closed, restarted, and crashed with a "call stack functions" (or something like that) error. Tried it again: crashed the same. Copied the game ini over again: same crash. Told Steam, by which I bought the game, to deinstall and reinstall Crossworlds. It did so within a few seconds. Copied the game ini over again: same stack function error.

ckdamascus
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Did that. Copied the game.ini over the one in the documents folder and changed the resolution to 800*600. I started the game, worked. Clicked on "arena mode" or what it was called. The game said "the game has to be restarted", I clicked ok. Game closed, restarted, and crashed with a "call stack functions" (or something like that) error. Tried it again: crashed the same. Copied the game ini over again: same crash. Told Steam, by which I bought the game, to deinstall and reinstall Crossworlds. It did so within a few seconds. Copied the game ini over again: same stack function error.

The proposed fix I presented should only fix the "silent start/failure" problem.

Your call stack function error is quite different and I have sadly never seen it before, sorry. :(

Knautschke
01-17-2011, 09:18 PM
The proposed fix I presented should only fix the "silent start/failure" problem.

Your call stack function error is quite different and I have sadly never seen it before, sorry. :(

Well, the bug is not unique. I googled for "kb.exe" and "call stack functions". I found one english thread about it with no solution, and a dozen chinese ones I couldn't read.