PDA

View Full Version : Got the Ap and CW from steam, but wont start.

ssdg
12-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Long story short:

I bought the game AP and CW together from the steam. when I try to play it(either one), the preparing to launch screen comes up for both AP and CW, afterward my screen blinks for a couple times and the game wont start(I dont recieve any error message).

I did check for solutions online, manually change the resolution setting, change the compatibility to windows vista SP3(Im running win 7 64bit, not sure if its the right thing to do). I also verified the integrity of the file a couple time from the steam menu.

Please help.

vandit
12-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Long story short:

I bought the game AP and CW together from the steam. when I try to play it(either one), the preparing to launch screen comes up for both AP and CW, afterward my screen blinks for a couple times and the game wont start(I dont recieve any error message).

I did check for solutions online, manually change the resolution setting, change the compatibility to windows vista SP3(Im running win 7 64bit, not sure if its the right thing to do). I also verified the integrity of the file a couple time from the steam menu.

Please help.
same here ssdg. It is happening on my alienware m17x laptop with steam. Regular Kings bounty the legend starts fine, but crossworlds or AP wont start

Nike-it
12-10-2010, 07:24 AM
same here ssdg. It is happening on my alienware m17x laptop with steam. Regular Kings bounty the legend starts fine, but crossworlds or AP wont start

Try to ask our support (support@1cpublishing.ru). Did you try to change thу resolution in the game.ini located in my documents/my games/armored princess or the one in the main game folder?

Erkilmarl
12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Same here. An older laptop plays ok, and newer just flashes slightly. The only major difference is Nvidia geforce in the older machine and Ati Radeon in the newer.

Erkilmarl
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Microsoft DirectX was just automatically installed to to Steam. I cannot check this today, but I wonder if it was it the answer?

Locane
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Me too. Randomly decided to play this today and it wasn't working.

Tried changing resolution and refresh right manually in the game.ini file, but same result.

Sneaksie
12-13-2010, 06:40 AM
What are your video cards and driver versions?

Erkilmarl
12-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Ati Radeon HD 4670 isn't working. I have to seek out the driver version later.

Locane
12-16-2010, 10:51 PM
This was posted by Renblade on GameSpot Forums and it worked for me!

"Hey, Same thing happened to me. I am also playing on my work laptop. To get the game running, go into your My documents\My Games\Kings Bounty folder. Then delete the game.ini. When you restart the game it will recreate the ini file and it will load.

I have 2 setups for my laptop. At work I use dual monitors and at home I just use the laptop screen. After playing on dual monitors, I need to delete the ini file before it will start up without the monitors and vica versa.

Kind of annoying, but the game is worth it."

Erkilmarl
12-18-2010, 05:36 AM
This didn't help me. There is no ini-file. Is the absence of ini-file a cause or a result? Besides, I'm not certain if my message to 1c support has gone through.

Locane
12-18-2010, 07:21 AM
This didn't help me. There is no ini-file. Is the absence of ini-file a cause or a result? Besides, I'm not certain if my message to 1c support has gone through.

Are you in the right directory? There are two game.ini files, one is in the King's Bounty folders and the other is in the aforementioned file path. It took some clicking around for me to find it too. I'm running Windows 7 64 and mine was in:

C:\Users\Locane\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess

Erkilmarl
12-19-2010, 06:49 AM
I got the right place. Well, luckily there are two laptops here and the older functions.