PDA

View Full Version : Where are files for passive talents?

Celestin
12-09-2010, 03:49 AM
I've been sifting through King's Bounties various .cabs ( Or .kfs's ) trying to find where passive talents like Valour are defined, but I just can't seem to find them. Would anybody have any idea where these are ( I've found spells and skills and special skills and every-freaking-thing else except the passive talents ).

Also... man, trying to figure out the save file is incredibly hard. I can mod shops, world itemization and armies, but still have no idea how to create nodes ( Embryos ) to spawn armies and treasures from. Or at least I think I know how to spawn chests now... but armies? Fuggedaboutit.

Anyway, any help on either topic would be greatly appreciated.

Celestin
12-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Anybody? Please? I seriously can't find these files anywhere.

Additional question: if I mod an item, it seems that while the intended effects come into play, the hint stays the same. Could I get any help with that please?

BB Shockwave
12-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I tried looking for those myself, but did not find them. Not sure where they could be stored, I looked through all the TXTs.

bladeking77
12-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they aren't stored anywhere. The features are here just to Show which bonuses/penalties certain units have. The data is stored in various .atom and .txt (maybe some other) files, so you will have to search for every specific feature you want to modify.

bucazaurus
12-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Anybody? Please? I seriously can't find these files anywhere.

Additional question: if I mod an item, it seems that while the intended effects come into play, the hint stays the same. Could I get any help with that please?

It depends what items from what campaign you want to mod

For example if you mod an item for Orcs on the March campaign and you want new hints for that item, you need to edit eng_items.lng files in main folder \sessions\orcs\orcs.kfs.

Descriptions for units abilities are in eng_units_features.lng in main folder\session\addon\loc_ses.kfs but i don't know in what files are those abilities ,defined.

UnLucky
12-26-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't think there really are any unit abilities/features outside of the text hints.

"Soars" for example, is just "movetype=1" in the unit's .atom file.

If you add "features_hints=soars_header/soars_hint" to the unit without changing the movetype, the unit will not pass over obstacles.

Any morale changing 'traits' are in "morale.txt"

Special effects on attacks, like Charm, Weakness, burn/poison/etc are listed after the damage as "custom_params {poison=30}" in the unit's .atom file.

Resistances also have to be entered in manually for every unit, you can't just put in "plant_header/plant_hint" and expect your unit to have 50 poison resist and -100 fire resist.

Likewise, if you don't change the actual text hints for your units in "eng_units_features.lng" then you won't see them in their portraits. You can freely make up your own attributes, and it's up to you how you want them to be displayed, if at all Remember that this is completely separate from the unit's definitions in its .atom file, so you don't even need to show any text hints for the effects to work in game.

invincible_header=^def_hint_t0^Invincible.
invincible_hint=^def_hint_t1^Immune to all forms of damage.

You could add that to a unit, and it would certainly display it in their profile. Will it be overpowered in battle? Not quite.

resistances {
physical=100
poison=100
magic=100
fire=100
}

Now if you added just that to a unit? Yeah, no one will suspect a thing. Although I don't think any unit officially has anything higher than 80 resistance (which is claimed as poison/magic/fire immunity).

Fatt_Shade
03-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Finaly i found where to ask this :-)
Can some1 help me out with this idea : i want to change healing abbilities for Inquistor/Palladin/. . . etc to be strenghtend as for Rune mage`s. More unused Mind runes get you more healed/ressurected units.
I wouldnt include Repair to droid`s cause they arent alive (and they are already to strong without strenghtening them :-)
Maybe some1 will think this is cheating to much because neutral units dont have bonus from runes, heroes could but i have no ide how. But everyone use illusion before ending battles to resurect falen units, i just want to shorten that time and dont `Wait` my self to death.
So in the end : what files i need to change and how to get this done. Any help ?

@ Unlucky
As for your hint to change unit resistances : it would be nice to have Royal griffin with 95% all ress, but what happens when you stumble upon enemy stack of them ? :-) This would backfire badly :-D