PDA

View Full Version : How to get your edited mod to work?

RichardTyler
11-08-2010, 10:45 AM
When working with the editor, I copied a folder called 'tutorial' to the sessions folder and it worked fine in game. However, every time I try to edit something in it with the editor, I cannot get this to work in game mode. Basically on the game main screen, after changing the scenario to tutorial and after going to game mode, it automatically comes back to the main game (AP).

So... how do you make it work? Let's say I added an NPC with some dialogs and I want to see it in game, is there a way to do that? Or should I just stick to making a separate map?

Any clarification would be helpful.

Sneaksie
11-08-2010, 10:59 AM
You don't need to copy folders AFAIK. If you want to edit something in orcs campaign, you can either edit orcs session directly or create a new session based on the orcs one and edit it (after that, a new campaign should appear in the game main menu automatically).

RichardTyler
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. This should do it. Really appreciate the input, as this forum seems empty sometimes.

Although, not sure if the same applies to AP main game or only to the additional campaigns (orcs etc.)? Will it work the same way for the original AP?

EDIT: I tried and it works fine for Orcs. It does not work for the original AP (with CW installed). Any idea why?