PDA

View Full Version : Wait command - a question how to...

The Rider
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Does somebody know how to implement the "wait" option in the use of some skills:
it should work like this:
At the moment we have two possibilities either the creature can use its skill (like inquisitors resurrection) and spend his attack (endmove=1) or it can use an ability and than attack (like archmage's battle mage ability) - endmove=0
I want to make some abilities like this: use the ability then attack after all other creatures have acted (something like if you have pushed the "wait" button for abilities with endmove=0). The command "skipmove" makes the creature to act agan in the next round, so it is pointless
I tried this one but it doesnt work for some reason, I put in the posthitslave attribute:

Attack.act_again(0)
Attack.act_ap(0, Attack.act_get_par(0, "speed"))
Attack.resort()

MattCaspermeyer
11-27-2010, 08:01 PM
The Rider:

Not exactly sure what you mean, so let me repeat it and see if I get it:

Currently, there are two options:

1. Unit can use ability, but ends turn. Example: Inquisitor's Resurrection
2. Unit can use ability, but continues turn. Example: Mage's Battle Mage

Here's where I'm not clear: do you want to delay the use of an ability to the end of the round, but use it when the unit's turn first comes up?

For example, your new unit X gets its turn and casts ability Y. Ability Y does not take affect until all other units have moved. Is this what you want? If so, Gizmo acts after all other units have moved, but before those units who have waited.

Is this the capability that you're looking for? Gizmo might not be quite what you're looking for since units that wait move after it, but that might be a fair compromise.

If this is not right, than please try explaining again.

Matt