PDA

View Full Version : Lost an activation? :(

ckdamascus
10-30-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure how. I installed Crossworlds on my laptop and used up an activation.

But then I installed the Crossworld's Source Media and/or some antivirus software and when I started Crossworlds, it said my configuration changed too much so I had to burn another activation.

I'm a little bothered/worried about this. I think I should be fine, but I am really bothered that I lost an activation, and I have no idea how. My computer hardware did not change, as it is a laptop.

Am I correct in thinking that the retail version will not have this activation issue at all?

Does anyone know if the US retail edition for Crossworlds is released yet?

Is there a way I can get back an activation? To make matters worse, tried de-activating to hopefully regain my old activation back. Instead, it seems I only have 10 (well 9 now) deactivations. Sheesh.

Nike-it
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Please contact our support team (support@1cpublishing.eu) with your issue.

Dvad78
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Funny you should mention emailing support, I am having the same issue and have emailed support many times over the past several days and have yet to see a single response (not even a canned message received confirmation). In my case I have not changed any AV solutions, but I have also installed the source media.

ckdamascus
04-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Funny you should mention emailing support, I am having the same issue and have emailed support many times over the past several days and have yet to see a single response (not even a canned message received confirmation). In my case I have not changed any AV solutions, but I have also installed the source media.

Yeah, I don't know what they are using as a hash. I think when I tried to change my username on Windows 7 (which changes the homedirectory) it actually potentially triggered an activation.

I said oh boy, let me just keep my old username.