PDA

View Full Version : Need tips for Impossible difficulty

Zlia
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, so I'm a noob at this game. Completed it only 2 times, one on Easy and one on Hard mode (attachments), both times as a warrior slaughtering everything with the Pet Dragon and troops as fast as possible, nothing impressive there. So after my last run i got to the conclusion that Impossible difficulty is gonna be pain with my current strategy. Hell, if they didn't add Rune Mages to the expansion i probably wouldn't have been able to do it on Hard. I see people discussing some impressive strategies for Paladins and Mages, so i ask for help on how to play with them. My analysis so far on them shows that my strategy would be useless: Rune Mages, Guard Droids, 2x Repair Droids, any tank (possible Black Dragons). I just did as much damage as i can with the Pet Dragon, reeled in something with the Guard Droids and send the Black Dragons ahead to take and do damage. Then after only 1 weakened troop is left, take my time to heal with the Repair Droids and Phantoms of the Rune Mages. Effectively killed "Invincible" enemies with no loses and got the cast x spells medals early, even got extra scrolls and runes from chest the dragon dug up, however some enemies (like Scrounger with her huge army, who slaughtered most of mine, and K'Tahu, who i had to switch all my troops with Lizardmen and use the Singing Dagger to beat) showed me that on Impossible it's not gonna work.

So, i need some tips and suggestions on how to play Impossible. I haven't tried it yet. Oh, and also i haven't tried playing effectively with other units and didn't get a single awesome item or full set during those playtroughs (unfortunately :( ).

Oh, and also i apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum or something like that.

hotfix666
10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Ok, so I'm a noob at this game. Completed it only 2 times, one on Easy and one on Hard mode (attachments), both times as a warrior slaughtering everything with the Pet Dragon and troops as fast as possible, nothing impressive there. So after my last run i got to the conclusion that Impossible difficulty is gonna be pain with my current strategy. Hell, if they didn't add Rune Mages to the expansion i probably wouldn't have been able to do it on Hard. I see people discussing some impressive strategies for Paladins and Mages, so i ask for help on how to play with them. My analysis so far on them shows that my strategy would be useless: Rune Mages, Guard Droids, 2x Repair Droids, any tank (possible Black Dragons). I just did as much damage as i can with the Pet Dragon, reeled in something with the Guard Droids and send the Black Dragons ahead to take and do damage. Then after only 1 weakened troop is left, take my time to heal with the Repair Droids and Phantoms of the Rune Mages. Effectively killed "Invincible" enemies with no loses and got the cast x spells medals early, even got extra scrolls and runes from chest the dragon dug up, however some enemies (like Scrounger with her huge army, who slaughtered most of mine, and K'Tahu, who i had to switch all my troops with Lizardmen and use the Singing Dagger to beat) showed me that on Impossible it's not gonna work.

So, i need some tips and suggestions on how to play Impossible. I haven't tried it yet. Oh, and also i haven't tried playing effectively with other units and didn't get a single awesome item or full set during those playtroughs (unfortunately :( ).

Oh, and also i apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum or something like that.

I hate orc and dwarf army... droids too :P
I like paladin and demoness...red dragons too :)
I dont know what your goal is... finish the game fast on impossibel?

Zlia
10-29-2010, 01:29 AM
No, i need advice on how to effectively beat the game on Impossible. Possibly with out losses.
Several good strategies for every hero class would be nice. :)